HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anderson not returning next year?

Old
12-22-2010, 02:15 AM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pwnerer View Post
Something just seems off with him, maybe hes still trying to find his timing but he seems out of position a lot more and his rebound control is not great. He seems real "stiff" in net.
He's probably scared...to death. Rigor mortis begins to take effect whenever he sees the pairing of Foote and Hunwick on the ice.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 03:00 AM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
And this information came from where?

The Avs front office isn't one to kiss and tell. I have no idea how a reporter for the Leafs would have come across this scoop.
Burke floats so much BS to the media for his own benefit. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where this came from too.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Still no serious talks between Anderson and Avalanche.

Per Dater

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
I couldn't be less concerned.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 06:07 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Many teams don't discuss contract talks during the season.

R S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I think the plan is to move him at the deadline for a PMD.

But anyways, I get a feeling this whole situation will point back to the CBA yet once again - why do a long term deal before the CBA?

(on a side note, I don't know why the Avs do have that philosophy...with Fehr coming on I see the players getting a bigger cut/bigger contracts with more loopholes in the cap calculations next go around...I am expecting salaries to go up not down?)

Bonzai12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Whatever, I'm not too concerned either. There are other options, but I hope it doesn't come down to that.

BTW, for those of you pining away for Vokoun, he just got yanked again tonight.

Old
12-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Goulet17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HishonHishoff View Post

But anyways, I get a feeling this whole situation will point back to the CBA yet once again - why do a long term deal before the CBA?

(on a side note, I don't know why the Avs do have that philosophy...with Fehr coming on I see the players getting a bigger cut/bigger contracts with more loopholes in the cap calculations next go around...I am expecting salaries to go up not down?)
In order for the players to achieve that goal, the lockout will have to last longer than one season IMO. It would be a far uglier situation than last time around.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:

Not to derail this thread but I think if a lockout happens it'll be 100% the owners' fault. Fehr may or may not be pushing for a soft cap, which IMO makes more sense for both sides in a sport where the contracts are guaranteed. In all honesty though it's the owners who have made a mockery out of the current cap with these 10-15 year deals.

Old
12-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Bonzai12

Quote:
Not to derail this thread but I think if a lockout happens it'll be 100% the owners' fault. Fehr may or may not be pushing for a soft cap, which IMO makes more sense for both sides in a sport where the contracts are guaranteed. In all honesty though it's the owners who have made a mockery out of the current cap with these 10-15 year deals.
I think we're heading towards a soft cap as well. And if we are, I think it will increase player's salaries so I don't get why they'd want to halt Anderson extension talks, but who knows they have used it already as an excuse (supposedly) in not being players in FA.

But yeah...someone should start a CBA thread lol.

Old
12-22-2010, 09:42 PM
avs1dacup

vCash: 134
Why are people taking any stock in this? It's been Avs policy since the lockout that they will not talk new contracts until after the new year. So, why is this surprising to anyone?

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs1dacup View Post
Why are people taking any stock in this? It's been Avs policy since the lockout that they will not talk new contracts until after the new year. So, why is this surprising to anyone?
First off, that's not a hard and fast rule with them. Hejduk signed this year's deal during last season, right?

And what's wrong with us speculating about the future of this team in goal? I know the title of the thread suggests we're all freaking out but I think you can agree it's just a discussion/speculation surrounding the negotiations.

Old
12-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

vCash: 642
Quote:
First off, that's not a hard and fast rule with them. Hejduk signed this year's deal during last season, right?

And what's wrong with us speculating about the future of this team in goal? I know the title of the thread suggests we're all freaking out but I think you can agree it's just a discussion/speculation surrounding the negotiations.
No problem with the discussion of the issue, but just the fact that this is supposed to be breaking news is laughable. There has to be more the hockey world can talk about.

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Do we even know if Anderson wants to talk contract right now, when his numbers aren't all that flattering? It seems like a non-story to me. Simple logic tells me that both parties would be ok with delaying this.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Bonzai12

Quote:
Stastny extended mid-way in 2008-2009 as well.

The theory they don't talk to anyone during the season I don't think is purely accurate.

Old
12-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
The theory they don't talk to anyone during the season I don't think is purely accurate.
It's stupid when teams follow that rule to the letter on principle. The Sabres did that and blew it with both Briere and Drury, had an embarrassing presser afterward where they admitted they ****ed up, and summarily torpedoed that rule. Sometimes in-season negotiations are warranted. If the Avs don't feel they are here, that's fine, but I think they're too smart an organization to do that with everyone.

Old
12-23-2010, 01:02 AM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
I couldn't be less concerned.
You should be, the Avs only have $38 million dollars in cap space going into next season to sign 10 players

WarriorOfGandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
You should be, the Avs only have $38 million dollars in cap space going into next season to sign 10 players

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 09:51 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Not sure if Andy wants to talk turkey right now with his play of late he wouldnt fetch more then 2 mill a year

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 10:02 AM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
At what point do we worry about Andy's play? He has been terrible lately. Budaj is about to split time IMO.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 10:41 AM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
At what point do we worry about Andy's play? He has been terrible lately. Budaj is about to split time IMO.
If he is not injured I think you have to be a little worried right now. He definitely is not playing the way he was last season. I think more than anything this is going to hurt his contract negotiation. No one is going to give him term the way he is playing.

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 05:00 PM
cyberfan
HFBoards Sponsor

I wonder how much of Andy's bad play can be attributed to the new goalie coach. The reason I'm wondering is that he is not playing the same style at all from last year. He is playing quite a bit more outside of the crease. I also noticed that he is much slower in his lateral movement.

cyberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 05:24 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Why does it matter?

1) he's terrible, the Avs don't re-sign him
2) he's terrible, the Avs re-sign him on a low value contract
3) he's terrible, the Avs re-sign him on a low value contract and he starts playing a lot better

Granted it's not likely that the Avs make the playoffs when our goalies are combining for a save% under 90, but in a year where we sure as hell aren't winning the Cup any way it's not a big deal

WarriorOfGandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 05:33 AM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfan View Post
I wonder how much of Andy's bad play can be attributed to the new goalie coach. The reason I'm wondering is that he is not playing the same style at all from last year. He is playing quite a bit more outside of the crease. I also noticed that he is much slower in his lateral movement.
I've noticed just the opposite. I remember last year, Andy would scare me to death on every other save because he was coming so far out of the net. This year he seems to be timid, and staying way closer to the crease. It seems like he's getting beat on the first shot, a lot, too.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 05:43 AM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
I've noticed just the opposite. I remember last year, Andy would scare me to death on every other save because he was coming so far out of the net. This year he seems to be timid, and staying way closer to the crease. It seems like he's getting beat on the first shot, a lot, too.
I think the Avs style of defense last year invited a lot of shots from the outside. Anderson was playing those very aggresively and that led to a bunch of mad scrambles on rebounds and such. He barely got beat on the first shot though.

This year that's different. He's getting beat clean sometimes and I think the Wild were definitely shooting wide to get rebounds with Andy out of position.

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote