HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official 2010 NFL Thread (Let's talk about draft, baby) *Part 4*

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2011, 02:04 AM
Nemchinov13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
He cant even win when the answer is to do the simple things and you don't think he's an awful coordinator? he doesn't understand the pieces he has he doesn';t understand how to call a game, what works and what doesn';t he is a moron and he is absolutely awful without a doubt in my mind. He is the worst O coordinator in this league bar none. No other coordinator would get shut down for entire halves, entire GAMES with this offense the way he has consistently for several SEASONS now. 3rd and 2 shotgun empty backfield with a team that doesn't complete passes.

Maybe you dont think he's awful and you're entitled to your opinion but I won't even entertain the thought he's anything other than a complete and utter horses ass. I have never been more enraged by the incompetence of one sports figure more than him
Throwing on 2nd and 3rd against pitt the first time giving them an extra 1:30 to come back. Horrific he is a moron he doesn't understand crap about this game he needs to be flung out of whatever plane the team takes home (not really murder is horrible thats frustration) He STINKS!
Kevin Gilbride is pretty friggin lousy. Him and Quinn should've been let go last year with Sheridan.

I agree with 2K2 that Schotty is the only coordinator who out-schemes himself. Confuses the crap out of everybody on the field except for opposing defense.

I think the reason he was successful against the Pats was because he has simplified the game plan more or less. He's had less reverses, although he did a couple of direct snaps to RB which predictably didn't work.

Yeah, he needs to take advantage of a great O-line, great receiving corps, Hall of Fame RB, a good TE, good-soon-to-be-great QB... Jesus, that offense is LOADED. And I've thought the Giants' offense was good... So, just stop coming up with crazy schemes and just go out and create crazy matchup problems for defenses. Wow, this offense was so inept in that half, it's friggin impossible.

Go Green Bay. Hated those stupid chants in Pittsburgh. Frigging idiotic fans.

Old
01-25-2011, 02:22 AM
mrjimmyg89
16 wins to go

2nd and 3rd and goal clinched for me that schotty doesn't know what he is doing. I wanted Greene up the middle 4 ****ing times, and even rex said it today. This is a power running game and you throw 2 passes from the 2 yardline??? The play-action pass wasn't that bad of a call, keller should have caught it. Last year they would have ran it 3 times, 1st, 3rd, and 4th down. Couldn't get 2 yards with 4 plays, inexcusable. Playcall sucked and the line got no penetration. And LT is not a goaline back anymore, greene should be getting all snaps within 5 yards of the endzone unless you come out spreading the field.

Old
01-25-2011, 02:41 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Those reasons you guys stated are the reasons WHY Schotty sucks. Inconsistency and outsmarting yourself? That means you're not good. Demote him to QB coach... but of course that will never happen... so just ship his ass out. He's awful

Old
01-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Primetime Powerplay
Muh Offensive Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Those reasons you guys stated are the reasons WHY Schotty sucks. Inconsistency and outsmarting yourself? That means you're not good. Demote him to QB coach... but of course that will never happen... so just ship his ass out. He's awful
Schotty needs to be fired asap

Old
01-25-2011, 04:19 PM
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador

http://espn.go.com/nfl/feature/flash...ii-moment-time

Great little read as a Giants fan.

Old
01-27-2011, 01:37 PM
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador

Granted it's bleacherreport, but I thought it was kinda interesting, I hope it doesn't work out like this from a Giants perspective.

Edit: Link's not working so it had Ahmad Bradshaw going to Green Bay, Steve Smith going to Seattle, and Ronnie Brown coming to the Giants. Yeesh.

Double Edit: Also had Kiwanuka leaving for the Colts

Last edited by NYGRYK21: 01-27-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old
01-27-2011, 02:47 PM
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador

Also, 20th anniversary of Super Bowl XXV Wide Right.

Old
01-27-2011, 05:31 PM
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador

Jeff Fisher out as Titans head coach.

Old
01-27-2011, 05:45 PM
17futurecap

Titans may I interest you in Brian Schottenheimer

Old
01-28-2011, 12:05 PM
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador

Alright it's in the middle of the all star break so let's play a little game I guess you could call it. Describe the optimal offseason plan for your team, I'll go with the giants. Resign smith, bradshaw, manningham, Blackburn, and Cofield. go hard after Barrett Ruud, Paul Posluzny, Chad Greenway, Tamba Hali, basically any available LB. Draft Nate Soldier with our first round pick, described as one of the best olinemen in the draft. Draft Daniel Thomas in the second or third round. Sign Plax when he gets out of jail. So those are just some of my ideas, I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Old
01-28-2011, 12:58 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
Alright it's in the middle of the all star break so let's play a little game I guess you could call it. Describe the optimal offseason plan for your team, I'll go with the giants. Resign smith, bradshaw, manningham, Blackburn, and Cofield. go hard after Barrett Ruud, Paul Posluzny, Chad Greenway, Tamba Hali, basically any available LB. Draft Nate Soldier with our first round pick, described as one of the best olinemen in the draft. Draft Daniel Thomas in the second or third round. Sign Plax when he gets out of jail. So those are just some of my ideas, I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Hali is a DE in a 4-3 btw

NYG need LB help drastically - miller or ayers in round 1 would be great

My #1 goal in free agency would be asmougha(spelling). We drastically need a faster shutdown CB.

Resign bradshaw, smith, cofield & hopefully Jacobs will redo his deal or I'd consider cutting him

Hopefully we still have franchise tags & we can tag Kiwi & trade him

I'd consider cutting Canty if no cap reprocussions, not enough bang for the $

I'd highly consider fat Albert with the properly built no risk contract

I'd blow up the OL but I highly doubt they will. There are so many questions. I think they'll give this same group another year. I think there could be a lot of improvement in our oline.

Im torn on Boss. I think the guy has a lot of talent as a rcvr but if we aren't going to use him much I'd rather use blocking TEs & use the $ elsewhere.

If we had a competent OC I think boss would be a huge asset. Beckum as well. Reese has to be so annoyed watching killdrive waste these guys.

It's really hard to figure what to do w/o knowing what the cap & tag situation.

We need impacting athletic LBs first & foremost. Speed @ CB. Return man. Backup S help OL upgrades. ST players.

Old
01-31-2011, 08:10 PM
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6078186

Sal Alosi resigns.

Old
02-06-2011, 03:03 PM
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6095495

Jets to franchise David Harris. Smart move.

Old
02-06-2011, 03:19 PM
nyrleetch

Puppy Bowl is on Animal Planet!

Old
02-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6095495

Jets to franchise David Harris. Smart move.
Very smart move. LB's are invaluable; I just wish the Giants front office saw it that way instead of trying to patch the position up with 4th and 5th round picks and 1-year stop gaps like K. Mitchell, Danny Clark, and Keith Bulluck.

Old
02-06-2011, 09:23 PM
JimmyStart*

LOL at Terry Bradshaw not letting go of the mic when Goodell was trying to talk

Old
02-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Fun fact;

The AFC has only sent 3 teams to the super bowl the last 8 appearances.

The Patriots (3 times) (2-1 record)
The Steelers (3 times) (2-1 record)
The Colts (3 times) (1-1 record)

The last non-big 3 team to make it were the Raiders

During a similar span, the NFC has sent 10 different clubs to the super bowl over the past 10 years.

02-07-2011, 01:12 AM
mrjimmyg89
16 wins to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Fun fact;

The AFC has only sent 3 teams to the super bowl the last 8 appearances.

The Patriots (3 times) (2-1 record)
The Steelers (3 times) (2-1 record)
The Colts (3 times) (1-1 record)

The last non-big 3 team to make it were the Raiders

During a similar span, the NFC has sent 10 different clubs to the super bowl over the past 10 years.
That's exactly how it feels too. The NFC seems wide open every year, while the AFC has that group of teams that will be there in the end. Hopefully the Jets can buck that trend somewhere along the road.

This game made me really wonder if they could have played halfway decent in the 1st half, the Jets could have beaten Green Bay. This season is going to sting a lot more then if Pitt had won the SB.

Old
02-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Very smart move. LB's are invaluable; I just wish the Giants front office saw it that way instead of trying to patch the position up with 4th and 5th round picks and 1-year stop gaps like K. Mitchell, Danny Clark, and Keith Bulluck.
While true, Mitchell was fantastic.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Old
02-07-2011, 08:32 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
That's exactly how it feels too. The NFC seems wide open every year, while the AFC has that group of teams that will be there in the end. Hopefully the Jets can buck that trend somewhere along the road.

This game made me really wonder if they could have played halfway decent in the 1st half, the Jets could have beaten Green Bay. This season is going to sting a lot more then if Pitt had won the SB.
I have no doubts that the Jets could have beaten GB. They came out flat against Pittsburgh and that caused them the season, simple as that. Pittsburgh had no business being there IMO.

Old
02-07-2011, 09:08 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
I have no doubts that the Jets could have beaten GB. They came out flat against Pittsburgh and that caused them the season, simple as that. Pittsburgh had no business being there IMO.
Based on what? Because they aren't the most fun team to watch?

The Jets didn't show up for the first half of the AFC Championship game, so what made them so worthy of being there? The Steelers did what they had to and manhandled the Jets for the first half, and made the plays they had to in the second half to secure the win.

Teams that don't get up for their Championship games don't deserve to go to the Super Bowl. End of story.

Old
02-07-2011, 10:49 AM
mullichicken25

maybe the jets came out flat because they're not that good?

but im very biased and openly hate the jets haha

but i hate the steelers more

which in turn makes me hate the jets for letting the god damn steelers into the superbowl

but alas, they lost

rogers is the man

Old
02-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Hahahaha. You have no doubts even though they already lost to them once and looked terrible doing that? Please. If Pittsburgh had no business being there, the Jets have no business being in the same league, apparently. My God, man. Lose with some dignity.

Old
03-03-2011, 04:31 PM
NYGRYK21
American Ambassador

Bumpity bump bump.

As the Labor Discussions Turn

24 hour extension for the CBA deadline.

Giants: Resigned Danny Ware, Domenik Hixon, and Darius Reynauld(Why?)
Offered tenders to Smith, Bradshaw, Kiwi, Cofield and Boss.

Jets: Franchised David Harris

Said that LT will be brought back next year.

Damien Woody, Jason Taylor released.

Ex-Giant News:
Jeremy Shockey to Carolina.

Old
03-03-2011, 05:53 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
David Harris and the team have both said the franchise tender was essentially a formality, and both expect a long-term deal to get done. Sorry to those Giants fans earlier in the thread that wanted to target The DH.

With Woody out of the picture, I'd assume the team believes Ducasse is ready to start on a full time basis. I guess we'll see. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the team try to bring Woody back. He's not going to get a huge deal anywhere else, despite his continued solid play, as he'll be 34 in the middle of the season.

Taylor sucks. I don't want him back, unless it's for the veteran minimum. I'd be relatively surprised if Jenkins wasn't re-signed, as he wants to continue to play here and he's a valuable guy to have in the locker room (even if he can't play).

Gotta get Santonio, Cromartie and Smith signed up. I don't know what Smith will be paid as...a kick returner? Should be interesting. He says he wants to be back. I'd also like to extend Eric Smith. He's nice in run support. Rather have him around than wasting money on Bob Sanders. We need a coverage safety anyway, which Sanders is not.

Weatherford is probably a goner. Wasn't tendered. Too bad, his postseason really killed him. Deservedly so, I guess, as he was awful. Folk, I don't know... Have to see what's out there as far as potential replacements for him. He made some big kicks for the team, but also showed a lot of inconsistency. And his kickoffs are pathetic.

At the draft, priorities should be as follows:

1. 3-4 NT
2. Fast, athletic DE/LB
3. Cover safety
4. DB

Late rounds, they should be looking for depth. Maybe K/P depending on what they do with Weatherford and Folk. If they let Braylon walk, they'd be wise to take a WR in the middle rounds.

It's just pain.
Closed Thread