HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

AK46 healthy scratch

Old
12-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROEN View Post
There is a rumor going around that the Pens are looking for a big skilled sniper and Dman !

Me wants Jordan Stall !!!
It's Staal, and no thank you. Unless you plan on moving him to the wing, we need a winger-version of Staal and/or a top pairing D-Man.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:40 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
There is a rumor going around that the Pens are looking for a big skilled sniper and Dman !

i heard a rumor mtl is also looking for a big skilled sniper!

Me dont wants another Center that we can't afford!

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:50 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
This is Moen all over again.
Please don't compare Picard to Moen. Moen is an established NHLer whose proven himself in this league in numerous occasions, including a Stanley Cup Final.

Picard is a fringe NHLer at best.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
He's just never ever going to bench Picard...
Alexander Picard was scratched earlier in the season when he was one of our best dman.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Pegasus

Quote:

Totally agree

With Staal in our line up we are a different team, bring a top 4 D and then we are talking!

Pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Stradale

Not surprised.

Can't wait to hear Brunet praise Darche like a god and his usual Andrei bashing.

True that he is not as good as he was at the beginning of the season but I don't think he sucks that much to be scratch. I guess the shift where he didn't cover his man that lead to a 2 on 1 was enough for Martin to scratch him but he's still one of our best goal scorer and physical player on the top 6.

And I dare Martin to find a player that has a better +/- differential than Andrei Kostitsyn.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:54 PM
FlyingRat

Hahaha. Benoit Brunet just had an orgasm. At the same time, who is he going to blame when we eventually lose tonight with this terrible lineup?

FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Please don't compare Picard to Moen. Moen is an established NHLer whose proven himself in this league in numerous occasions, including a Stanley Cup Final.

Picard is a fringe NHLer at best.
I meant that this is a new infatuation from Martin, just like when he insisted on playing Moen in the top 6 for so many games he's refusing to sit Picard.

Moen is a great role player, but that's how it should stay. I agree Picard is at best a 7th defenseman, too bad Jacques doesn't.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Stradale

If only Martin can punish AK by putting him on Eller's wing.

Old
12-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
Trade is comming
I hope so for him and for all the fans that hate him and will cry when he will score 35 goals with another team. Ask a trade Andrei, ask a trade, go to Vancouver and have fun with the Sedins.

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 01:03 PM
TankEller*

I wouldn't have scratched him, but still, it's funny how everybody is being outraged out of this decision and judge Martin and say he's a moron.

Guys, you don't know the quarter of what goes on about certain players and their attitude, and neither you guys or I know their hockey as much as Martin does.

Time will tell if this decision will pay off. I know I'd like to see Pouliot with Plekanec and Cammalleri if Kostitsyn is benched.

Oh, and lol at those blaming Brunet. It's not his fault. Get over it. It just proves he saw the same thing Martin did.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
AK plays bad and he gets benched and scratched. Gionta, Gomez and Cammalleri don't perform and they get more ice time to snap them out of it.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 01:05 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Guaranteed Pyatt's line gets at least one goal scored on them at even strength, Pyatt is terrible at center.

Always great to see our third best scorer getting benched when we struggle to score already, how about you just leave our lines the same for more than a game so they can build some chemistry.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I meant that this is a new infatuation from Martin, just like when he insisted on playing Moen in the top 6 for so many games he's refusing to sit Picard.

Moen is a great role player, but that's how it should stay. I agree Picard is at best a 7th defenseman, too bad Jacques doesn't.
A 7th d,who for the most part of the season, has played better than Spacek and has either been as good as Subban, or as bad.

Travis Moen was played so often in the top 6 because they needed someone with size, who would go to the net, not another sub 6'0 person who gets pushed around like a broom.

If Pools gets moved back up, we'll have 2 top 6 players of 6'2 or taller.

If you want to complain, complain that Gomez never got benched.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 01:07 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
AK plays bad and he gets benched and scratched. Gionta, Gomez and Cammalleri don't perform and they get more ice time to snap them out of it.
these guys are whats going to keep JM job, theres no way hes benching any of them. He doesnt go against the leadership group

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 01:08 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Gionta, Gomez and Cammalleri are in some case useful defensively (Gionta), great at carrying the puck on the PP (Gomez), and in other cases work their ***** off to get out of their slumps when they're in them (Gionta, Cammalleri). They also have shown they were consistant veterans in the NHL and somehow caring of the team's performances.

Old
12-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
I wouldn't have scratched him, but still, it's funny how everybody is being outraged out of this decision and judge Martin and say he's a moron.

Guys, you don't know the quarter of what goes on about certain players and their attitude, and neither you guys or I know their hockey as much as Martin does.

Time will tell if this decision will pay off. I know I'd like to see Pouliot with Plekanec and Cammalleri if Kostitsyn is benched.

Oh, and lol at those blaming Brunet. It's not his fault. Get over it. It just proves he saw the same thing Martin did.
I really don't get you man.

Who called Martin a moron? Oh because we don't agree with his decision and means that we think he's a moron? Than you're calling him a moron too since you don't think AK should be scratched.

And show me ONE post in this thread of people blaming Brunet. Just one.

Old
12-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Gionta, Gomez and Cammalleri are in some case useful defensively (Gionta), great at carrying the puck on the PP (Gomez), and in other cases work their ***** off to get out of their slumps when they're in them (Gionta, Cammalleri). They also have shown they were consistant veterans in the NHL and somehow caring of the team's performances.
Still doesn't explain why AK should get scratched. Like I said, if Martin wants to punish AK, send him down on the Eller's line or even Halpern's line. AK even struggling brings a LOT more than Pyatt.

People are talking like he's costing his team games or whatever. Yet, he's leading in +/- in the whole team. Weird isn't it.

Old
12-21-2010, 01:18 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I really don't get you man.

Who called Martin a moron? Oh because we don't agree with his decision and means that we think he's a moron? Than you're calling him a moron too since you don't think AK should be scratched.

And show me ONE post in this thread of people blaming Brunet. Just one.

Dude make an effort... Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Ridiculous.
Quote:

This is ridiculous.
Quote:
Agreed. Sadly, in Jacques Martin's world, there is no concept of keeping players together. Can't wait till Muller is head coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
you are not the only one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkeater View Post
Andrei never complains about anything, he's not a "huge veteran" in the team like Gomez is... so he got scratched... Gomez who had an awful season until recently would never had the same treatment because he takes too much place in the dressing room.

I admit that AK46 has not been playing really well recently but am I alone to think he seems like Jacques Martin's black sheep??

I'm sick of this, he's always the one being bench or scratch when the team isn't doing well...
Quote:
Not surprised.

Can't wait to hear Brunet praise Darche like a god and his usual Andrei bashing.

True that he is not as good as he was at the beginning of the season but I don't think he sucks that much to be scratch. I guess the shift where he didn't cover his man that lead to a 2 on 1 was enough for Martin to scratch him but he's still one of our best goal scorer and physical player on the top 6.

And I dare Martin to find a player that has a better +/- differential than Andrei Kostitsyn.

Of course they didn't employ the term "moron" but it's pretty damn obvious that you guys in fact think Martin is idiot to be doing that.

My personal favorite is "Can't wait till Muller is named head coach"

Benching Kostitsyn might be a little drastic, but you guys act like if you expected to see nothing happen. It came in as a big surprise, and what's outraging, is if Pouliot had been scratched, I'm sure most people wouldn't give a rat's ass about it.

I personally called "bluff" yesterday and thought both Pouliot and Kostitsyn would remain in the lineup. But to act as if Martin is a bad coach and that the whole concept of benching an underperforming player who showed his share of inconsistencies in the last few years is completely insane is stretching it just a bit much.

Old
12-21-2010, 01:19 PM
HCH

I guess the next few nights will tell us if that was a good idea.

It is a high risk/high reward decision. Being a healthy scratch could light a fire under Kostitsyn or it hurt his confidence. It could could send a message to the rest of the team or it could hurt us against Dallas by not having him in the lineup. Either way, the team is not having much success recently.

Kostitsyn is the fourth leading goal scorer on the team and is third in shots on goal. He is second in hits among forwards and tied for first in +/-. Those stats tell us he is one of the top players on the team. What they don't tell us is how close to his full potential is he playing. Obviously, Martin thinks there is a LOT of room for improvement because you don't sit a top player even he is playing well below potential (see Scott Gomez)

Martin can be comfortable in his approach because he is the boss and has two more years left on his contract. Until then, his detractors will have to live with it while his supporters can point to his past successes as proof that he knows what he is doing.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Teufelsdreck

This isn't a trade proposal because it can't happen. It's like one of Galileo's thought experiments. Anyway, if the Habs could somehow trade Gomez and Pyatt for Higgins and McDonagh they'd be in a better position to improve the roster, if not now then by the start of next season. Think that one over carefully, boys, before you declare my notion preposterous.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyingRat

Quote:
Gionta, Gomez and Cammalleri are in some case useful defensively (Gionta)
Kostitsyn is always playing against the other team's top line at even strength yet he leads the team in +/-. How is that not useful defensively?

FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 01:21 PM
MathMan

Ouch. Stupid.

Not only does he bench one of his too-few legitimate top-6 wingers, for no particular reason, he also cripples his fourth line by taking Eller off it. Remember how the fourth line was butchered when Eller was scratched against Ottawa? Yeah.

One of Martin's most annoying traits is a willingness to risk pissing away two points to "send a message"... A message that's often misaimed and/or of dubious importance. Especially now, with the Habs mired in a 1-4 spiral he can't affort to turn into a death spiral. We'll see if the message gets received but somehow I have my doubts - and here I'm not sure I'd blame the players. Especially Kostitsyn who's had to shoulder far more than his fair share of blame over the years. Just not too clever a move.

Must-win game against Carolina coming up, looks like.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2010, 01:21 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Still doesn't explain why AK should get scratched. Like I said, if Martin wants to punish AK, send him down on the Eller's line or even Halpern's line. AK even struggling brings a LOT more than Pyatt.

People are talking like he's costing his team games or whatever. Yet, he's leading in +/- in the whole team. Weird isn't it.
This guy compared the likes of Cammalleri, Gionta and Gomez to the likes of Kostitsyn. Well of course they're not going to be benched. They're doing things consistantly, whereas Kostitsyn can't play the same kind of hockey two games in a row.

Oh, and don't tell me about Pyatt. Never was a huge fan of his. But god damn it he's what we have and Martin felt like he had something to do. We'll see the results tonight.

Old
12-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRat View Post
Kostitsyn is always playing against the other team's top line at even strenght yet he leads the team in +/-. How is that not useful defensively?
It's not his defese that's drawing complaints, it's his recent armistice on firing more than blanks from his guns.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote