HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DP back on the IR

Old
12-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Groin Of Bates

vCash: 500
I feel tonight's game definitely helped prove my post.

Groin Of Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 07:35 PM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

Per Botta:

Rick DiPietro, whose placement on IR was a roster necessity so Bailey could be recalled, will be back soon after Christmas. Perhaps very soon after Christmas.

Sorry to dissapoint everyone! I'm thrilled!

And DP has had some good and some bad games, but tonights game has a better D in front than DP did, and when DP did have a better defense, he wasn't all that bad. People just want a reason to hate the guy and see him retire.

Can't wait for him to get back!

PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 07:47 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Per Botta:

Rick DiPietro, whose placement on IR was a roster necessity so Bailey could be recalled, will be back soon after Christmas. Perhaps very soon after Christmas.

And DP has had some good and some bad games, but tonights game has a better D in front than DP did, and when DP did have a better defense, he wasn't all that bad. People just want a reason to hate the guy and see him retire.

You really think he helps the team at this point?

The guy's lateral movement is slug-like.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 07:53 PM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
You really think he helps the team at this point?

The guy's lateral movement is slug-like.
Might as well let him work on getting his groove back after being banged up and barely playing the past 2 years. And the year to let him do that, is this year.

Clearly we aren't a playoff team regardless of who is in goal.

PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Groin Of Bates

All I know is that Roloson has been playing great recently (*knock on wood*) so after Christmas, if DiPietro is ready, Roloson should keep playing.

Groin Of Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 07:55 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Might as well let him work on getting his groove back after being banged up and barely playing the past 2 years. And the year to let him do that, is this year.

No, but putting a rusty, out of game shape goalie behind a team full of your young promising prospects is not a smart move.

The NHL is not a developmental/rehab league. Let him "get his game back" in the AHL.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

I rather just play Roloson and Lawson at this point.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 08:39 PM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
Per Botta:

If DP retired immediately, you would sleep a lot better. We all would.

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 08:48 PM
majormet

At this point, if the Devils acquired Horcoff for Rolston and Lou offered Kovy and Horcoff's bad contracts for DP, I would take it, so the saga would end.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 02:31 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
If DP retired immediately, you would sleep a lot better. We all would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
At this point, if the Devils acquired Horcoff for Rolston and Lou offered Kovy and Horcoff's bad contracts for DP, I would take it, so the saga would end.
With Quantum Physics, it won't end. An idiotic hire with a PLAN in motion tends to stay in motion.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Quote:

We arent a playoff team as long as Dipietro is playing. Sorry buddy.. I respect your enthusiasm for Dipietro but he will never be back to his groove.

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Paulinho
No Man's Sky

Dipietro needs to just go away, don't care how anymore.

Paulinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 80
Quote:

While I sort of understand what you're saying here, I disagree with it because it would basically be putting DiPietro's rehab ahead of the development of the rest of the club.

Sure, playing him constantly when he returns might help him -- or it might not -- but what about the young guys like Tavares, Bailey, etc. that have to suffer while their goalie rehabs his knee during regular season games in the NHL?

This is a young and fragile team. They need confidence, not only in their own individual games, but in the belief that this team can actually win games. Putting a goalie in that isn't the best option (and playing DiPietro ahead of Roloson simply to get him back into game-shape certainly qualifies) will only make it more difficult for these players to gain that confidence/experience.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 07:24 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
We don't want him in Bridgeport. We're actually fighting for a playoff spot and he would ruin our chances... I hear Kalamazoo is nice this time of year.

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 08:03 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Wow, what a joke DP is. I'm sorry u guys have to live with this ****** contract. DP is a disgrace to everything of what the islanders represent.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Isles Drive 4 5

first off....if DP was done for the year and did retire...doesn't the team have an insurance policy on him when he signed the 15 yr contract B-4 all his injuries..I believe the Isles do on All or most of the contract

second..even if ur a DP hater you should still want him to come back so we can at least still unload rollie so at least we can maybe get a 2nd rounder or even a 1st rounder if we trade wiz or someone else along with him....to keep rollie and not trade him would be assinine...i think to a man everyone knows this is a lost season

Lastly..i didn't know there were so many shrinks on these boards worry about "the Kids" mental state of mind...it must sure feel good cashing in the checks that add up to over 7 figures...to quote a great commerical..."maybe we should ship them all over to mambe pambe land so they can find some self confidence..u jack wagon"..."tissue"

These kids have to realize that if they were drafted by most any other teams they would still be in the minors and the fact that they themselves knew they weren't ready for the NHL..mentally or phyiscally had to prepare them of all this mental trama...how will they ever recover (scarcasim).... these guys can take a puck to the face..get stiched up and be back out on the ice 5 min later but if your on a rebuilding team and the team loses 60% of the time I'm suppose to believe that they are ruined...com'on give the kids more credit than that.

Isles Drive 4 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 08:42 PM
beach
Things are looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Drive 4 5 View Post

second..even if ur a DP hater you should still want him to come back so we can at least still unload rollie so at least we can maybe get a 2nd rounder or even a 1st rounder if we trade wiz or someone else along with him....to keep rollie and not trade him would be assinine..
Why should the Isles get rid of Rollie? He is playing great for one of the worst teams in the league. We should ride him for at least another season or two while the young kids develop. Get rid of DP now!! Do you think it is a coincidence that the Isles are now playing with enthusiasm and verve when they know that there is no DP for the time being? I don't. He really, really needs to just retire and go away.

Old
12-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Sammy2010*

Quote:
Why should the Isles get rid of Rollie? He is playing great for one of the worst teams in the league. We should ride him for at least another season or two while the young kids develop. Get rid of DP now!! Do you think it is a coincidence that the Isles are now playing with enthusiasm and verve when they know that there is no DP for the time being? I don't. He really, really needs to just retire and go away.
DP brings too much uncertainty to the team, on the ice included with his roaming. The team is better off without him now.

Sammy2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Isles Drive 4 5

Quote:
first off....if DP was done for the year and did retire...doesn't the team have an insurance policy on him when he signed the 15 yr contract B-4 all his injuries..I believe the Isles do on All or most of the contract

second..even if ur a DP hater you should still want him to come back so we can at least still unload rollie so at least we can maybe get a 2nd rounder or even a 1st rounder if we trade wiz or someone else along with him....to keep rollie and not trade him would be assinine...i think to a man everyone knows this is a lost season

Lastly..i didn't know there were so many shrinks on these boards worry about "the Kids" mental state of mind...it must sure feel good cashing in the checks that add up to over 7 figures...to quote a great commerical..."maybe we should ship them all over to mambe pambe land so they can find some self confidence..u jack wagon"..."tissue"

These kids have to realize that if they were drafted by most any other teams they would still be in the minors and the fact that they themselves knew they weren't ready for the NHL..mentally or phyiscally had to prepare them of all this mental trama...how will they ever recover (scarcasim).... these guys can take a puck to the face..get stiched up and be back out on the ice 5 min later but if your on a rebuilding team and the team loses 60% of the time I'm suppose to believe that they are ruined...com'on give the kids more credit than that.
Quote:
well ..first his contract is up at the end of this year and he turns 42 I believe so you might as well get some thing for him while, I do agree with you,. that he's playing great. The next thing is...how do we know if he's going to retire....it would be a shame to keep him for the entire year in a lost cause when we could of gotton some thing for him..you must agree that makes absolutely no sense. Second..even if he told garth behind close doors that he still wants to play another year or two..the thinking still holds because hes a free agent...trade him at the deadline if not sooner then resign him in the summer..thats of course if he wants to still be an islander

Old
12-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Isles Drive 4 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2010 View Post
DP brings too much uncertainty to the team, on the ice included with his roaming. The team is better off without him now.
I agree 100%...now you go and tell him that his contract has been bought out and your the one paying himm for the next gazillion yrs

Bottom line is that he's going no where...come to grips with the facts...if he has to be out there in a wheel chair thats what he's gonna do

Old
12-24-2010, 09:42 PM
beach
Things are looking

Quote:
well ..first his contract is up at the end of this year and he turns 42 I believe so you might as well get some thing for him while, I do agree with you,. that he's playing great. The next thing is...how do we know if he's going to retire....it would be a shame to keep him for the entire year in a lost cause when we could of gotton some thing for him..you must agree that makes absolutely no sense. Second..even if he told garth behind close doors that he still wants to play another year or two..the thinking still holds because hes a free agent...trade him at the deadline if not sooner then resign him in the summer..thats of course if he wants to still be an islander
Who would we replace Rollie with? The team's mental state is already fragile and Rollie provides stability. Who cares that he is 41 if he plays like he is 30. I think he would stay if he was told that he is the number 1 goalie with 50 starts per year.

Old
12-24-2010, 09:45 PM
beach
Things are looking

Quote:
I agree 100%...now you go and tell him that his contract has been bought out and your the one paying himm for the next gazillion yrs

Bottom line is that he's going no where...come to grips with the facts...if he has to be out there in a wheel chair thats what he's gonna do
So if DP is playing hurt every season and many IR trips are anticipated as the norm, the Isles should keep dung between the pipes since they are paying him? I think that experiment is near its end. Hopefully, the insurance can recoup some of the contract and he can bow out gracefully, and soon.

Old
12-24-2010, 09:50 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
Quote:

That would be a big five hole

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 09:57 PM
Isles Drive 4 5

Quote:
Who would we replace Rollie with? The team's mental state is already fragile and Rollie provides stability. Who cares that he is 41 if he plays like he is 30. I think he would stay if he was told that he is the number 1 goalie with 50 starts per year.
first off I want to say I agree with you 100000000000%. If it was my team I would of offered him an extension already.

however..sad to say i don't own the team nor am i the GM.

if garth/wang aren't going to offer him an extension and that what it looks like at this point...i revert back to my previous post about trading him

Old
12-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Isles Drive 4 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Ranger Fan View Post
That would be a big five hole
ahhahahahahahaahah