HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Pre-Competition • Dec. 23 • Sweden 4, Switzerland 3 (SO)

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2010, 08:33 PM
torero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold View Post
Swiss

this is more of the team I was expecting against Canada, hope they play like this going in the real games
this is an article about what you say ...

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ed_at_the_wjc/

Old
12-23-2010, 08:37 PM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Shootout GWG by Oscar Lindberg!
4 goals by Lindberg. That's awesome.

Old
SurMartin

Lindberg with the game winning shootout-goal aswell

I'm guessing we started playing safe waaay to early.
Don't know what to expect this year really, we looked good against Canada but couldn't score goals. Now this..
We need more goal scorers.

Old
torero

Sui 3 - 4 Swe in Shootout

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/A...aspx?e=2903851

Swiss were obviously ramping up their game ...

1st period 1-0
2nd period 2-1
3rd period 0 - 2
OT 0-0 but 5-6 shots on goal with good opportunities on the Swiss side.

it is good to loose games in preparation games.

Old
12-23-2010, 08:38 PM
inoajd

I read that they won't show Swe-Nor on TV on the 26th either.

Is that true? Seriously, what the ****?

Old
12-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Canada4Gold

Ah, too bad they couldn't win, but the taking Sweden to a shootout should be a good confidence boost for the swiss after their beating against the canadians, getting the win isn't all that vital as it's an exhibition.

Old
12-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Dosing

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoajd View Post
I read that they won't show Swe-Nor on TV on the 26th either.

Is that true? Seriously, what the ****?
what you get for developing their players

Old
12-23-2010, 08:54 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smookie View Post
what you get for developing their players
What?

Old
12-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Dosing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
What?
Forgot the

Old
12-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Davebo*
BeepBeep!

Well done Swiss - great game!

Old
12-23-2010, 09:15 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Does anyone know if Conz was in nets??? lol

Old
12-23-2010, 09:24 PM
joe89

The team has now successfully lowered the expectations for this tournament, time to strike as the underdog.

Old
12-24-2010, 01:33 AM
babblemoth
my heart and I agree

It seems there is not much available on this game, so I will add some insight (even though my analytical and memory skills may be lacking).

The game itself was very exciting. Lots of hits, fast pace, and big saves.
Sweden played better the first two periods, and let their guard down in the third (as someone suggested earlier). Sweden let off the gas which led to some scrambles in their own zone and scoring opportunities for the Swiss. Swiss did well to take advantage of their opportunities to tie the game up and force a great overtime.

Someone above suggested Sweden may lack goal-scorers, and that could be true. That said, the forwards all played well for the most part and Landeskog did not play. In the first period the line of Fasth-Jarnkrok-Thronberg was very strong and had many chances. Thornberg was great on the forecheck - hustled hard and got in the thick of it. Jarnkrok showed some very slick moves and puck possession on several occassions throughout the game. I was really delighted in seeing him play for the first time.

Lindberg was great. His first goal came off a rebound shot in the slot after a strong shift by his line. The second goal must have been tipped since Erixon or another defenseman took the slapshot (note - I was on the opposite end for this period). The third goal I cannot recall for some reason, but I believe it was a slapshot by Lindberg at the top of the circle.

The Swedish defenders who I seen the most were Larsson, Dahlback, Klingberg, and Erixon. They won most battles with the Swiss forwards and did well to get the puck out of their end for most of the game. Larsson was on the brunt of some heavy Swiss hits and was down for sometime on one, but came back shortly after.

Petterson-Wentzel played in net and played very well when he needed to. Shots through the first two period were mostly perimeter or weak shots by the Swiss, but he came up big in the third and overtime.

On the Swiss end - Pestoni was the best Swiss forward. If his puck control was a bit stronger he may have had another goal or point since he always seemed to end up with some good opportunities.
Niederreiter was pretty quiet in this game. He went for some big hits but his offensive side was not very notable, other than one decent rush from his own end and into the other.
Conz played the first period and made one big pad save, along with other solid saves. Giovanni came in for the remainder and continued the strong goaltending of Conz.

Overall, Sweden was the stronger team in almost all aspects but some lackluster play allowed the Swiss to bring the game to the shootout. Switzerland looks to have some very strong goaltending, but I think there may be something lacking to play the upset role they played last year (even though they played this role well in this game). Anyhow, it was a great game by both teams and hopefully a better predictor of the WJC this year than the other pre-comp games so far.

Old
12-24-2010, 01:39 AM
YesYesYall

I was hoping for a Swiss win. I'm hoping that Switzerland and Germany become legitimate hockey countries within the next thirty years

Old
12-24-2010, 03:55 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by babblemoth View Post
It seems there is not much available on this game, so I will add some insight (even though my analytical and memory skills may be lacking).

The game itself was very exciting. Lots of hits, fast pace, and big saves.
Sweden played better the first two periods, and let their guard down in the third (as someone suggested earlier). Sweden let off the gas which led to some scrambles in their own zone and scoring opportunities for the Swiss. Swiss did well to take advantage of their opportunities to tie the game up and force a great overtime.

Someone above suggested Sweden may lack goal-scorers, and that could be true. That said, the forwards all played well for the most part and Landeskog did not play. In the first period the line of Fasth-Jarnkrok-Thronberg was very strong and had many chances. Thornberg was great on the forecheck - hustled hard and got in the thick of it. Jarnkrok showed some very slick moves and puck possession on several occassions throughout the game. I was really delighted in seeing him play for the first time.

Lindberg was great. His first goal came off a rebound shot in the slot after a strong shift by his line. The second goal must have been tipped since Erixon or another defenseman took the slapshot (note - I was on the opposite end for this period). The third goal I cannot recall for some reason, but I believe it was a slapshot by Lindberg at the top of the circle.

The Swedish defenders who I seen the most were Larsson, Dahlback, Klingberg, and Erixon. They won most battles with the Swiss forwards and did well to get the puck out of their end for most of the game. Larsson was on the brunt of some heavy Swiss hits and was down for sometime on one, but came back shortly after.

Petterson-Wentzel played in net and played very well when he needed to. Shots through the first two period were mostly perimeter or weak shots by the Swiss, but he came up big in the third and overtime.

On the Swiss end - Pestoni was the best Swiss forward. If his puck control was a bit stronger he may have had another goal or point since he always seemed to end up with some good opportunities.
Niederreiter was pretty quiet in this game. He went for some big hits but his offensive side was not very notable, other than one decent rush from his own end and into the other.
Conz played the first period and made one big pad save, along with other solid saves. Giovanni came in for the remainder and continued the strong goaltending of Conz.

Overall, Sweden was the stronger team in almost all aspects but some lackluster play allowed the Swiss to bring the game to the shootout. Switzerland looks to have some very strong goaltending, but I think there may be something lacking to play the upset role they played last year (even though they played this role well in this game). Anyhow, it was a great game by both teams and hopefully a better predictor of the WJC this year than the other pre-comp games so far.
Thank you thank you thank you

Old
12-24-2010, 03:59 AM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Thank you thank you thank you
Exactly that : thank you babblemoth ! very appreciated.

if you would phrase is a bit more in favour of the swiss guys ... would be even greater
(100% joke of course ! )
tks

Old
12-24-2010, 04:37 AM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

Thanks a bunch for the game report babblemoth. It's so hard to find anything about this game so it's really appreciated.

Old
12-24-2010, 06:36 AM
Kiefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
Thanks a bunch for the game report babblemoth. It's so hard to find anything about this game so it's really appreciated.
Thanks a bunch babblemoth.

Old
12-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
Exactly that : thank you babblemoth ! very appreciated.

if you would phrase is a bit more in favour of the swiss guys ... would be even greater
(100% joke of course ! )
tks
You have the Alps and Cheese, at least give us hockey

Old
12-24-2010, 07:26 PM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Another game report:
http://www.bulletmedia.ca/icedogs_re...ction=view_all

Old
12-24-2010, 09:39 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Leaving/Goodbye All

I watched the game on local TV tonight - live in Niagara Falls.

Both teams looked pretty even. Thought the Swiss were going to get blown out early but...

Closed Thread