HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Pre-Competition • Dec. 23 • Sweden 4, Switzerland 3 (SO)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-23-2010, 08:33 PM
  #51
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold View Post
Swiss


this is more of the team I was expecting against Canada, hope they play like this going in the real games
this is an article about what you say ...

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ed_at_the_wjc/

torero is offline  
Old
12-23-2010, 08:37 PM
  #52
romelson
Registered User
 
romelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Örnsköldsvik
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to romelson
Shootout GWG by Oscar Lindberg!
4 goals by Lindberg. That's awesome.

romelson is offline  
Old
12-23-2010, 08:37 PM
  #53
SurMartin
Registered User
 
SurMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: København/Skellefteå
Country: Sami
Posts: 1,462
vCash: 500
Lindberg with the game winning shootout-goal aswell

I'm guessing we started playing safe waaay to early.
Don't know what to expect this year really, we looked good against Canada but couldn't score goals. Now this..
We need more goal scorers.

SurMartin is offline  
Old
12-23-2010, 08:37 PM
  #54
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,780
vCash: 500
Sui 3 - 4 Swe in Shootout

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/A...aspx?e=2903851

Swiss were obviously ramping up their game ...

1st period 1-0
2nd period 2-1
3rd period 0 - 2
OT 0-0 but 5-6 shots on goal with good opportunities on the Swiss side.

it is good to loose games in preparation games.

torero is offline  
Old
12-23-2010, 08:38 PM
  #55
inoajd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
I read that they won't show Swe-Nor on TV on the 26th either.

Is that true? Seriously, what the ****?

inoajd is offline  
Old
12-23-2010, 08:40 PM
  #56
Canada4Gold
Registered User
 
Canada4Gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 23,629
vCash: 500
Ah, too bad they couldn't win, but the taking Sweden to a shootout should be a good confidence boost for the swiss after their beating against the canadians, getting the win isn't all that vital as it's an exhibition.

Canada4Gold is offline  
Old
12-23-2010, 08:42 PM
  #57
Dosing
Registered User
 
Dosing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edenryd
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inoajd View Post
I read that they won't show Swe-Nor on TV on the 26th either.

Is that true? Seriously, what the ****?
what you get for developing their players

Dosing is offline  
Old
12-23-2010, 08:54 PM
  #58
bottomofthefoodchain
Registered User
 
bottomofthefoodchain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smookie View Post
what you get for developing their players
What?

bottomofthefoodchain is offline  
Old
12-23-2010, 08:58 PM
  #59
Dosing
Registered User
 
Dosing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edenryd
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
What?
Forgot the

Dosing is offline  
Old
12-23-2010, 08:59 PM
  #60
Davebo*
BeepBeep!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,042
vCash: 500
Well done Swiss - great game!

Davebo* is offline  
Old
12-23-2010, 09:15 PM
  #61
MB94
@MBFarina94
 
MB94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Does anyone know if Conz was in nets??? lol

MB94 is offline  
Old
12-23-2010, 09:24 PM
  #62
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 19,489
vCash: 500
The team has now successfully lowered the expectations for this tournament, time to strike as the underdog.

joe89 is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 01:33 AM
  #63
babblemoth
my heart and I agree
 
babblemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
It seems there is not much available on this game, so I will add some insight (even though my analytical and memory skills may be lacking).

The game itself was very exciting. Lots of hits, fast pace, and big saves.
Sweden played better the first two periods, and let their guard down in the third (as someone suggested earlier). Sweden let off the gas which led to some scrambles in their own zone and scoring opportunities for the Swiss. Swiss did well to take advantage of their opportunities to tie the game up and force a great overtime.

Someone above suggested Sweden may lack goal-scorers, and that could be true. That said, the forwards all played well for the most part and Landeskog did not play. In the first period the line of Fasth-Jarnkrok-Thronberg was very strong and had many chances. Thornberg was great on the forecheck - hustled hard and got in the thick of it. Jarnkrok showed some very slick moves and puck possession on several occassions throughout the game. I was really delighted in seeing him play for the first time.

Lindberg was great. His first goal came off a rebound shot in the slot after a strong shift by his line. The second goal must have been tipped since Erixon or another defenseman took the slapshot (note - I was on the opposite end for this period). The third goal I cannot recall for some reason, but I believe it was a slapshot by Lindberg at the top of the circle.

The Swedish defenders who I seen the most were Larsson, Dahlback, Klingberg, and Erixon. They won most battles with the Swiss forwards and did well to get the puck out of their end for most of the game. Larsson was on the brunt of some heavy Swiss hits and was down for sometime on one, but came back shortly after.

Petterson-Wentzel played in net and played very well when he needed to. Shots through the first two period were mostly perimeter or weak shots by the Swiss, but he came up big in the third and overtime.

On the Swiss end - Pestoni was the best Swiss forward. If his puck control was a bit stronger he may have had another goal or point since he always seemed to end up with some good opportunities.
Niederreiter was pretty quiet in this game. He went for some big hits but his offensive side was not very notable, other than one decent rush from his own end and into the other.
Conz played the first period and made one big pad save, along with other solid saves. Giovanni came in for the remainder and continued the strong goaltending of Conz.

Overall, Sweden was the stronger team in almost all aspects but some lackluster play allowed the Swiss to bring the game to the shootout. Switzerland looks to have some very strong goaltending, but I think there may be something lacking to play the upset role they played last year (even though they played this role well in this game). Anyhow, it was a great game by both teams and hopefully a better predictor of the WJC this year than the other pre-comp games so far.

babblemoth is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 01:39 AM
  #64
YesYesYall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 812
vCash: 500
I was hoping for a Swiss win. I'm hoping that Switzerland and Germany become legitimate hockey countries within the next thirty years

YesYesYall is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 03:55 AM
  #65
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by babblemoth View Post
It seems there is not much available on this game, so I will add some insight (even though my analytical and memory skills may be lacking).

The game itself was very exciting. Lots of hits, fast pace, and big saves.
Sweden played better the first two periods, and let their guard down in the third (as someone suggested earlier). Sweden let off the gas which led to some scrambles in their own zone and scoring opportunities for the Swiss. Swiss did well to take advantage of their opportunities to tie the game up and force a great overtime.

Someone above suggested Sweden may lack goal-scorers, and that could be true. That said, the forwards all played well for the most part and Landeskog did not play. In the first period the line of Fasth-Jarnkrok-Thronberg was very strong and had many chances. Thornberg was great on the forecheck - hustled hard and got in the thick of it. Jarnkrok showed some very slick moves and puck possession on several occassions throughout the game. I was really delighted in seeing him play for the first time.

Lindberg was great. His first goal came off a rebound shot in the slot after a strong shift by his line. The second goal must have been tipped since Erixon or another defenseman took the slapshot (note - I was on the opposite end for this period). The third goal I cannot recall for some reason, but I believe it was a slapshot by Lindberg at the top of the circle.

The Swedish defenders who I seen the most were Larsson, Dahlback, Klingberg, and Erixon. They won most battles with the Swiss forwards and did well to get the puck out of their end for most of the game. Larsson was on the brunt of some heavy Swiss hits and was down for sometime on one, but came back shortly after.

Petterson-Wentzel played in net and played very well when he needed to. Shots through the first two period were mostly perimeter or weak shots by the Swiss, but he came up big in the third and overtime.

On the Swiss end - Pestoni was the best Swiss forward. If his puck control was a bit stronger he may have had another goal or point since he always seemed to end up with some good opportunities.
Niederreiter was pretty quiet in this game. He went for some big hits but his offensive side was not very notable, other than one decent rush from his own end and into the other.
Conz played the first period and made one big pad save, along with other solid saves. Giovanni came in for the remainder and continued the strong goaltending of Conz.

Overall, Sweden was the stronger team in almost all aspects but some lackluster play allowed the Swiss to bring the game to the shootout. Switzerland looks to have some very strong goaltending, but I think there may be something lacking to play the upset role they played last year (even though they played this role well in this game). Anyhow, it was a great game by both teams and hopefully a better predictor of the WJC this year than the other pre-comp games so far.
Thank you thank you thank you

Nordic* is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 03:59 AM
  #66
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Thank you thank you thank you
Exactly that : thank you babblemoth ! very appreciated.

if you would phrase is a bit more in favour of the swiss guys ... would be even greater
(100% joke of course ! )
tks

torero is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 04:37 AM
  #67
Pentothal
Listen with one ear
 
Pentothal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: It's not even close
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Thanks a bunch for the game report babblemoth. It's so hard to find anything about this game so it's really appreciated.

Pentothal is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 06:36 AM
  #68
Kiefer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
Thanks a bunch for the game report babblemoth. It's so hard to find anything about this game so it's really appreciated.
Thanks a bunch babblemoth.

Kiefer is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 08:17 AM
  #69
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
Exactly that : thank you babblemoth ! very appreciated.

if you would phrase is a bit more in favour of the swiss guys ... would be even greater
(100% joke of course ! )
tks
You have the Alps and Cheese, at least give us hockey

Nordic* is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 07:26 PM
  #70
romelson
Registered User
 
romelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Örnsköldsvik
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to romelson
Another game report:
http://www.bulletmedia.ca/icedogs_re...ction=view_all

romelson is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 09:39 PM
  #71
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Leaving/Goodbye All
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Leaving HF
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,802
vCash: 500
I watched the game on local TV tonight - live in Niagara Falls.

Both teams looked pretty even. Thought the Swiss were going to get blown out early but...

OttawaRoughRiderFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.