HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto/Tampa

Old
12-24-2010, 03:25 AM
Leaf Predator

vCash: 500
Toronto/Tampa

Toronto:
Giguere

Tampa:
Malone

Something based around that.

Tampa could use the goaltending I think more than they need Malone.

Leaf Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 03:54 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiger8719 View Post
Toronto:
Giguere

Tampa:
Malone

Something based around that.

Tampa could use the goaltending I think more than they need Malone.
Honestly, no deal. I dont want to get rid of our top 6 for an aging goaltender. Especially since were a solid goaltender away from being a legit contender. I would much rather deal picks and prospects to achieve that means, and thats a huge maybe attached to that. Other options have yet to be explored, like searching from within for example first.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 03:59 AM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Honestly, no deal. I dont want to get rid of our top 6 for an aging goaltender. Especially since were a solid goaltender away from being a legit contender. I would much rather deal picks and prospects to achieve that means, and thats a huge maybe attached to that. Other options have yet to be explored, like searching from within for example first.
Eh, I figured Tampa could use a legit number 1 goalie for a playoff run.

Old
12-24-2010, 04:02 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Eh, I figured Tampa could use a legit number 1 goalie for a playoff run.
yeah I hear you. Just why create a hole in our top 6 to fill a goaltending need. When we could solve the problem without creating any holes in our team? I think thats the route SY is going to go. For example a 2nd/3rd for Roloson.

Then agian he also mentioned hes giving Elllis and Smith the benifit of the doubt and waiting to see them turn it around before making a move. The past few games it seems as they started to go that direction. If they just slump back to the horrible status without ever seeming to get out of it, I'm sure he will pull the trigger.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 04:05 AM
Leaf Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
yeah I hear you. Just why create a hole in our top 6 to fill a goaltending need. When we could solve the problem without creating any holes in our team? I think thats the route SY is going to go. For example a 2nd/3rd for Roloson.

Then agian he also mentioned hes giving Elllis and Smith the benifit of the doubt and waiting to see them turn it around before making a move. The past few games it seems as they started to go that direction. If they just slump back to the horrible status without ever seeming to get out of it, I'm sure he will pull the trigger.
To be honest though, I dont really see Roloson filling the void that Smith and Ellis leave. I'd be fine to see Giggy gone to Tampa for a 2nd or even a 1st due to Tampa finishing high in a week draft. Might sound like an overpayment but I can see it happening.

I would love Malone even more. A big, legit top 6 player that Toronto desperately needs.

Old
12-24-2010, 04:08 AM
BoltSTH

I think Malone has a NTC

BoltSTH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 05:02 AM
PsychoDad

You will get a 4th round pick at the trade deadline AT BEST for him.
SY would never trade Malone for a 6M 0.894 goalie

PsychoDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 07:23 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

giggy isnt worth malone, he isnt worth a 1ST by any stretch of the imagination, he isnt worth a 2nd round pick either.

giggy will get you a 3rd rounder or some lower prospect that has fallen out of favor with thier team.

and he's not really a big upgrade to smith/ellis

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Bish please
...You're hateful.

vCash: 169
Send a message via MSN to Bish please
Malone is our only gritty forward in the top 6 at the moment, a leader in the dressing room and has a NTC. No disrespect to Toronto but I don't see him leaving one of the best teams in the league for one of the worst, especially since his kid was born here, his family lives in Tampa year around and his father works for the Lightning.

Bish please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Fozz

Giguere really isn't enough of an upgrade over Smith or Ellis to give up an important part of the team in Malone.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 09:23 AM
Mark Stuart*

Giguere is BARELY an upgrade over Ellis. You may get a 4th if you take back some contracts at the deadline, but lets be honest... Giguere sucks.

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 09:54 AM
seanlinden

Giguere really isn't a #1 goaltender anymore... Leafs fans have learned that painfully this season. He's better than Ellis/Smith, but not by much. Tampa can do better without giving up Malone, Giguere is still Toronto's best goaltender.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 09:54 AM
TheLaughsWeKnow*

Giggy > Elis, Smith

He is just not getting any offensive support.

TheLaughsWeKnow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar R Jones View Post
Malone is our only gritty forward in the top 6 at the moment, a leader in the dressing room and has a NTC. No disrespect to Toronto but I don't see him leaving one of the best teams in the league for one of the worst, especially since his kid was born here, his family lives in Tampa year around and his father works for the Lightning.
This, and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Giguere really isn't enough of an upgrade over Smith or Ellis to give up an important part of the team in Malone.
...this too.

Someone saying a 2nd or 1st for Giguere is silly. Guy has done nothing to warrant it this year.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Staalguy

I laugh at yet another maple leafs fan trying to get rid of Giguere by giving him to us...........PASS

Staalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Kaen

Roloson has outplayed Giguere this year and last, and is also possibly on the market, probably for picks and prospects. If Toronto wants a top 6 forward you can forget it.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughsWeKnow View Post
Giggy > Elis, Smith

He is just not getting any offensive support.
That lack of offensive support is also the reason why he's been mediocre at stopping pucks? .874SV% and a 2.80GAA aren't exactly golden stats. He's definitely not what he used to be, and at this time in his career is living off his past performances. Toronto should be very happy that he's an expiring contract because $6 million for him is terrible. Anaheim did a great job finding a way to move him.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Leaf Predator

I sincerely believe a playoff team needing a goalie could give up at least a 2nd round pick for Giggy. All of you are forgetting that this is year is a ********* draft, so a late 2nd rounder isn't anything special.

Old
12-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Ricky Bobby

So Tampa gives up their best power forward who is vital to there power play as the big net presence who screens the goalie.

Well receiving a goalie who hasn't played very well this year or last, has a NTC clause, a kid who has medical concerns that would probably prevent Giggy from wanting to uproot his family mid-season and a trade market that has shown over the last few years that goalies hold little trade value.

Right.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 08:10 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

The goalie market has too many sellers and not enough buyers as it is. Philly needs to move a goalie, T-Vo might be traded, Nabby wants back in the league, etc...

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Rschmitz

Pass

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Mark Stuart*

Quote:
I sincerely believe a playoff team needing a goalie could give up at least a 2nd round pick for Giggy. All of you are forgetting that this is year is a ********* draft, so a late 2nd rounder isn't anything special.
If the player sucks, like Giguere, it doesn't matter how weak the draft is... No one will give up a pick that high.

Why not just up up the pick to a first and go after Vokoun? Giguere is nothing special anymore.

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar R Jones View Post

Wow how a year changes things. Tampa has been a powerhouse in the league for so long

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Pandemic

What the hell happened to Giguere? This guy used to be one of the top goalies not long ago.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 09:47 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

Malone has played really well for us this season. He isn't going anywhere as he is a player thats needed to grind it out in front of the net. Our PP is around the number 1 in the league and he's on the first line.

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote