HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blues interested in Josh Bailey

Old
12-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Tra La La

vCash: 500
Bailey looked good last night( His first since recall). Tonight he has 2 goals and an assist. I have a feeling he is going to get on a roll. Then there will be no way he is traded.

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
I don't think this is the case. What happens most often is that people offer picks or prospects or several lesser players for a good, young player. Or like two righty d-men for a forward, not addressing the Blues needs whatsoever, even if the trade in a vacuum is okay. Furthermore, the Blues are really unlikely to sling around guys like Pietrangelo and Tarasenko for an upcoming UFA or somebody with a terrible contract, another common request.

So the answer is inevitably that the Blues and the team in question make awkward trading partners or that in order to tempt the Blues into moving one of their coveted players, you'd need to wow them. That doesn't mean their players are untouchable, it just means that a trade the Blues make must address a bigger need than a hole it creates at least.
Very well said. There is also the fact that the Blues are decimated by injuries, have a self-imposed "hard" cap on their budget and are looking to make the playoffs, but not at the expense of the future.

I also believe that most of the more knowledgeable Blues fans are not likely to be subjective when it comes to analyzing the team. This makes for fewer knee jerk reactions, which means people are less likely to accept bad proposals.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
Bailey looked good last night( His first since recall). Tonight he has 2 goals and an assist. I have a feeling he is going to get on a roll. Then there will be no way he is traded.
Yep, he is back to looking like he did to start the year.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 08:20 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

i remember thinking this was his breakout year because he had such a good start.. then he slumped and lost confidence... i think he still has 1b center potential(60-70pts). shouldn't be traded for anything less for a #1b defenseman.(so they can draft couturier and not larsson)

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 09:53 PM
mapes

Not a chance they move him!

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 10:48 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

When Garth Snow repeatedly says he is "staying the course" with the players drafted recently, that's probably a good enough answer to this. If there are any younger Isles players on the market, Josh Bailey is not one of them.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
In a weird way this makes some sense... Maybe something like Bailey ++ for Eric Johnson.
The Blues will gladly trade the guitarist best known for "Cliffs Of Dover" in exchange for Josh Bailey...

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 11:12 AM
4Isles4*

Bailey and Okposo are future Captain material and future all stars and only barley into thier 20's....Isles dont do this unless they get blown away wich is not going to happen...

4Isles4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 11:14 AM
4Isles4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesselsnapSHOT View Post
i remember thinking this was his breakout year because he had such a good start.. then he slumped and lost confidence... i think he still has 1b center potential(60-70pts). shouldn't be traded for anything less for a #1b defenseman.(so they can draft couturier and not larsson)
He got hurt and came back too too soon....that player you saw in the begining of the season thats the Monster Known as Bails...

4Isles4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 50
im not against trading bailey, it just has to make sense in the fact that what you would look for in return is a top 6 nhl forward that is signed on or and rfa but has established himself already. basicall for bobby ryan last year just someone not on his level but lower.

i want to see bailey through and he is only 21 and i bet garth feels the same way. bailey isnt untouchable but i doubt he gets traded in teh next 4-5 years.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 12:46 PM
SteenMachine

Sounds like Eklund just got all hot and bothered because he heard someone made a standard, "what's this kid worth to you?" phone call. No expectations that we'd have the right pieces for their rebuild without sacrificing something from our own, so no real reason for either team to do this unless we have very, very, specific long term needs being filled in.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 12:57 PM
apice3*

Devils made Josh Bailey look like Gretzky last night

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 01:09 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
im not against trading bailey, it just has to make sense in the fact that what you would look for in return is a top 6 nhl forward that is signed on or and rfa but has established himself already. basicall for bobby ryan last year just someone not on his level but lower.

i want to see bailey through and he is only 21 and i bet garth feels the same way. bailey isnt untouchable but i doubt he gets traded in teh next 4-5 years.
I agree with your whole post

If Bailey had been demoted and went down with a terrible attitude,refused to work hard,then I could see the front office being upset with him and maybe looking to move him.

But he didn't.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 01:59 PM
bluechipbonzo

Of course the Blues have interest in Josh Bailey. Every pro hockey team in the world has interest in Josh Bailey!

Note to rumour-mongers: Josh Bailey is part of the core rebuild of the New York Islanders. He is not, nor will he ever, be trade bait.

After he re-ups for a five year deal, and those years play out without a Stanley Cup, then come talk to me.

The Blues want veteran pieces anyway- they are loaded with young talent.

bluechipbonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Paladin2799

The only trade I think even comes close to working is a pietro for bailey trade.

NYI needs defensive talent, and bailey is replaceable with taveres leading the first line they can afford to transition forward depth for defensive depth.

Pietro-Larsson would be a great top pairing for years.

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 02:23 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
The only trade I think even comes close to working is a pietro for bailey trade.

NYI needs defensive talent, and bailey is replaceable with taveres leading the first line they can afford to transition forward depth for defensive depth.

No offense to Bailey but it would take much more then him to get Pietrangelo. He is outscoring Bailey as a defenseman He is on pace for more points then Bailey's career high. If you go by pace right now Bailey would get 37 points this season in 82 games and Pietrangelo would have 45 in 82 games.

How does that trade even almost make sense? Trading a year younger defenseman that has been very good defensively looks to be a 40 point defenseman this season for a forward that has never scored 40 points in his career.

I am sure Bailey has potential to be a better player but so does Pietrangelo....

Bailey if he reaches his potential is a 60-70 point 1b center. Pietrangelo if he reaches his potential is an elite 50-60 point defenseman that is top 5 in the league...

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 02:51 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
No offense to Bailey but it would take much more then him to get Pietrangelo. He is outscoring Bailey as a defenseman He is on pace for more points then Bailey's career high. If you go by pace right now Bailey would get 37 points this season in 82 games and Pietrangelo would have 45 in 82 games.

How does that trade even almost make sense? Trading a year younger defenseman that has been very good defensively looks to be a 40 point defenseman this season for a forward that has never scored 40 points in his career.

I am sure Bailey has potential to be a better player but so does Pietrangelo....

Bailey if he reaches his potential is a 60-70 point 1b center. Pietrangelo if he reaches his potential is an elite 50-60 point defenseman that is top 5 in the league...
There were rumors right after that draft,that Snow had tried and failed to trade up for one of the big 3 d-menoughty,Bogo,Pietrangelo.

I can understand the Blues being so high on Pietrangelo, that they'd say pass.But that is exactly the type of high upside,building block Snow would ask for.

Old
12-24-2010, 03:44 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
There were rumors right after that draft,that Snow had tried and failed to trade up for one of the big 3 d-menoughty,Bogo,Pietrangelo.

I can understand the Blues being so high on Pietrangelo, that they'd say pass.But that is exactly the type of high upside,building block Snow would ask for.
Right it's a trade he has no reason to make, so you better give him one... it's just not gonna happen unless he settles for our 2nd tier prospects (why would he?) or we decide we can afford to overpay for someone and still wait for them to develop (we wouldn't because we could just develop our own players) and in the end both clubs will probably just stick to "build from within" as a means for success.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 05:27 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post

At this point, we're looking at the opposite. The Islanders need goal scorers more than anything, and Bailey can quietly develop into one. We're okay on D with Streit, MacDonald, de Haan, Hamonic and sprinkle some veterans (right now we have Wisniewski, Eaton, Mottau, Martinek).

I don't think the Islanders take Larsson over RNH or Couturier. I actually doubt it. With Pietrangelo or not.

Old
12-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
At this point, we're looking at the opposite. The Islanders need goal scorers more than anything, and Bailey can quietly develop into one. We're okay on D with Streit, MacDonald, de Haan, Hamonic and sprinkle some veterans (right now we have Wisniewski, Eaton, Mottau, Martinek).

I don't think the Islanders take Larsson over RNH or Couturier. I actually doubt it. With Pietrangelo or not.
I thought that Mottau is out the rest of the year, or did I just imagine that?

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2010, 09:52 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
I thought that Mottau is out the rest of the year, or did I just imagine that?
He is, just pointing out the vets for the fact. Plus he is signed on for next year.

Old
12-24-2010, 10:59 PM
lakai17

Cole for Bailey would kind of be even, both going to be impact players in the game.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 10:21 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Cole for Bailey would kind of be even, both going to be impact players in the game.
No thanks.

The isles think they have their potential studs in De Haan and Hamonic.We'll just wait,let them develop and see.

No interest or reason to move Bailey for Cole.