HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Habs-related (Eklund) rumours Part III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2011, 11:57 AM
  #876
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephaaane View Post
Bogosian+2nd for Hamrlik+Eller+1st

Would it be enough?
Doubt it is. atlanta is in a huge youth movement. I don't think Hamrlik is very attractive to them.

They also just got Mark Stuart from Boston in that deal so I think they're going to focus on NHL ready players upfront. So someone like Pacioretty + 1st and more picks or mid tier prospect is probably what we're looking at.

Nidema is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:00 PM
  #877
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion
 
Shawn Wilken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 31,119
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Doubt it is. atlanta is in a huge youth movement. I don't think Hamrlik is very attractive to them.

They also just got Mark Stuart from Boston in that deal so I think they're going to focus on NHL ready players upfront. So someone like Pacioretty + 1st and more picks or mid tier prospect is probably what we're looking at.
Eller would help that movement, and giving their 2nd for a first is nice too. Hamrlik may not help their youth movement, but he's on the books for the end of the year and then he becomes UFA. If they plan to make a push for a playoff spot, having a veteran on defense will help their youth. Maybe taking out their 2nd would make things better, but still I doubt it gets done.

I do see logic though.

Shawn Wilken is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:00 PM
  #878
Stephaaane
Registered User
 
Stephaaane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
It is in my eyes. Not sure I'd want to give up Hamrlik now though, it almost throws the season away given our D injuries.. Our left side is insanely weak as it stands, unless Gill does infact come back soon..

Gill-Subban
Mara-Bogosian (they'd be tough to play against, damn)
Picard-Weber.

All healthy next year:

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Bogosian
Spacek-Weber.

Not bad, and a good mix of youth and experience, we'll need to get some more LHD drafted though.
If we are honest, we know that the chances that we can contend this year are pretty thin. I would be all in to prepare for next year. Next year I will pull of deals like the Bruins and PHI did recently.

With the D like you wrote down, we will be in a better position. I would prefer a Gill-Weber 3rd pairing though.

I don't think we should be sellers but if we can pull a Avs/Stl trade or a trade like last year (Wolski For Muelller+Porter). This will be the type of trade I would like PG to do. No rental at all!!!!! NExt year though.... we'll see

Stephaaane is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:04 PM
  #879
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephaaane View Post
If we are honest, we know that the chances that we can contend this year are pretty thin. I would be all in to prepare for next year. Next year I will pull of deals like the Bruins and PHI did recently.

With the D like you wrote down, we will be in a better position. I would prefer a Gill-Weber 3rd pairing though.

I don't think we should be sellers but if we can pull a Avs/Stl trade or a trade like last year (Wolski For Muelller+Porter). This will be the type of trade I would like PG to do. No rental at all!!!!! NExt year though.... we'll see
My reasoning for putting Spacek over Gill is that Spacek is still under contract with us next season, if we can re-sign Gill on the cheap (under 2M) we can always use him with Weber and use Spacek as our 7th. I'm good with that as well.

JGRB is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:06 PM
  #880
prairie hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,295
vCash: 500
Ek's source on this is HF BOARDS!!!

We are not getting Bogosian anytime soon - Dudley would be a moron to move him.

We can dream however.........

prairie hab is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:07 PM
  #881
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Eller would help that movement, and giving their 2nd for a first is nice too. Hamrlik may not help their youth movement, but he's on the books for the end of the year and then he becomes UFA. If they plan to make a push for a playoff spot, having a veteran on defense will help their youth. Maybe taking out their 2nd would make things better, but still I doubt it gets done.

I do see logic though.
The way i see it, if they trade Bogosian, they would want solid pieces that can help them now and in the future. Pieces they can build around. Look at what EJ got traded for. 2 solid young pieces.

While Bogosian might not be as good as EJ, I still think Atlanta would want 2 young roster NHL players coming back instead of a suspect NHL player in Eller and an aging UFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Ek's source on this is HF BOARDS!!!

We are not getting Bogosian anytime soon - Dudley would be a moron to move him.

We can dream however.........
Hey, how many thought EJ would get moved? It still would take a king's ransom to get him and I doubt habs are willing to part with the assets required to get him. It would open up too many holes in our current lineup.

Nidema is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:08 PM
  #882
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Ek's source on this is HF BOARDS!!!

We are not getting Bogosian anytime soon - Dudley would be a moron to move him.

We can dream however.........
What about Erik Johnson or even Kevin Shattenkirk? No one expected them to be moved, it helps they were moved for each other, but regardless.

JGRB is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:09 PM
  #883
Stephaaane
Registered User
 
Stephaaane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
No way Atlanta makes that deal./ Dudley already said he's in rebuild mold and won't bring in a 35 y.o. unless it helps the team. Hammer is UFA and doesn't help Atlanta at all. Also, Eller and a 1st in addition is a bit of an overpayment if you ask me.

I think the fact they're trying to unload Bergfors would be something I'd work into the trade:

Bogosian + Bergfors for whatever... might be a better way to get Bogosian out of Atlanta. Still won't happen though

Call me a skeptic, but the Habs style has always seemed to be a minor tweak here and there to bolster the line up. They never give up too much and never get too much back. They always play it save. This year, again with the East being such a crap shoot is another example of it's open to everyone. With the lose of Markov, Gorges indefinitely, all the other injuries to key members and most of defense and sub par play of most of our forwards (Gomez and AK, I'm looking at you), we're still just behind Boston for tops in the conference. If we get healthier and add a couple or one more key piece, we can compete for a Cup THIS year. PG just needs to roll the dice and go after a player who can help us get there and stay in line with team chemistry. Tough job no doubt, but that's why he's paid the big buck, too make the tough decisions.

I just hope we don't get a 3rd line defensive specialist at the deadline and call it a day. The way the team is playing lately tells me they may be asking for more impactful player than D. Moore IMO.
I understand your point of view. Different way of seeing it, but i would rather wait another year to contend. There's a gamble to take in each of the situation: Your Point of view: acquire impact player now and hope that they fit and deliever enough to beat BOS, PHI and TB/My point of view: What if next year injuries kills us again and we are at the 8th spot, do we, at each deadline wait for the next year?

IMO, next year would be THE year in the 5 year plan that we can be in the Stanley Cup window if we pull good moves.

Stephaaane is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:11 PM
  #884
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 9,536
vCash: 500
remember it is eck.

let's wait and see, hope for once he is right Zach Bogosian

sampollock is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:12 PM
  #885
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,411
vCash: 500
If I am Dudley this is what I am looking at from Montreal knowing full well that Subban is untouchable unless Dudley himself starts adding pieces:

Weber + Eller
Weber or Eller + 1st round pick
Perhaps even a different route around a Top Prospect like Weber + Leblanc.

No matter how slice it, it's going to cost us.. But I'd go that route depending on the cost.

JGRB is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:12 PM
  #886
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
No way Atlanta makes that deal./ Dudley already said he's in rebuild mold and won't bring in a 35 y.o. unless it helps the team. Hammer is UFA and doesn't help Atlanta at all. Also, Eller and a 1st in addition is a bit of an overpayment if you ask me.

I think the fact they're trying to unload Bergfors would be something I'd work into the trade:

Bogosian + Bergfors for whatever... might be a better way to get Bogosian out of Atlanta. Still won't happen though

Call me a skeptic, but the Habs style has always seemed to be a minor tweak here and there to bolster the line up. They never give up too much and never get too much back. They always play it save. This year, again with the East being such a crap shoot is another example of it's open to everyone. With the lose of Markov, Gorges indefinitely, all the other injuries to key members and most of defense and sub par play of most of our forwards (Gomez and AK, I'm looking at you), we're still just behind Boston for tops in the conference. If we get healthier and add a couple or one more key piece, we can compete for a Cup THIS year. PG just needs to roll the dice and go after a player who can help us get there and stay in line with team chemistry. Tough job no doubt, but that's why he's paid the big buck, too make the tough decisions.

I just hope we don't get a 3rd line defensive specialist at the deadline and call it a day. The way the team is playing lately tells me they may be asking for more impactful player than D. Moore IMO.
This is by far the best way to describe what habs management have been doing for the last 10 years or so...

I mean the biggest move at deadline was dealing for Kovalev... they gave up a solid prospect and a 2nd round pick... that's the biggest move they have done...

MTL-rules is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:16 PM
  #887
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 9,536
vCash: 500
every year we as habs think maybe the trade of a life time will come, never does, habs never make that blockbuster move, in that town it is not happening,

and the year will be no different

sampollock is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:22 PM
  #888
Stephaaane
Registered User
 
Stephaaane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
The way i see it, if they trade Bogosian, they would want solid pieces that can help them now and in the future. Pieces they can build around. Look at what EJ got traded for. 2 solid young pieces.

While Bogosian might not be as good as EJ, I still think Atlanta would want 2 young roster NHL players coming back instead of a suspect NHL player in Eller and an aging UFA.



Hey, how many thought EJ would get moved? It still would take a king's ransom to get him and I doubt habs are willing to part with the assets required to get him. It would open up too many holes in our current lineup.
The way I see it is they are set like for 3 years with all the contracts they have on D right now. Hamrlik his a solid D this year and would help them to crack the 8th spot+Eller would help they thin center prospect pool (could play right now in their team)

Could be (should be) wrong but look at their lineup with this "trade"

Buff-Enstrom
Hamrlik-Oduya
Stuart-Hainsey
Sopel

PLus take it with a grain of salt but on the ATL board, there's a rumor(+-reliable) stating that he wants out : http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=878459

With what's happening right now, we never know

Stephaaane is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:24 PM
  #889
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephaaane View Post
Bogosian+2nd for Hamrlik+Eller+1st

Would it be enough?
Apparently we've offered Kostitsyn and Weber for Ryan Suter and a draft pick (5th?). Imagine if we pulled both of these off Subban, Bogosian, Suter, Markov as the top 4 haha pipe-dream!

Ginu is online now  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:25 PM
  #890
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,166
vCash: 500
Zach Bogosian would be nice addition to the Habs..

Every year around trade deadline time there's tons of Habs rumors floating around and it's fun to read them even if nothing rarely happens..

Everyone will get their hopes up yet nothing significant will happen and we're all left feeling disappointed yet again.. Same old story.. Different year.. Who knows maybe PG will prove me wrong this year..

sheed36 is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:35 PM
  #891
andy28
Registered User
 
andy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
every year we as habs think maybe the trade of a life time will come, never does, habs never make that blockbuster move, in that town it is not happening,

and the year will be no different
In all fairness to PG, he inherited a team last year that was close to the cap. Now he may have a little cap room to make a trade or two, but with the team so decimated it might be pointless.

andy28 is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:53 PM
  #892
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Dudley is saying he has no interest in moving Bogosian, but that doesn't mean he won't if the right deal is offered to him.

I'm sure if the Habs offered Tinordi and roster player or pick it can be done. Both D are young, and if Atlanta wants to go with a youth movement then Tinordi fits that bill too.

Habs would love to have a young core of Subban, Bogosian and Weber to go with Wiz, Gorges and Markov next season. Spacek would be there, but hopefully can be moved for a forward with a similar contract a team may want to move too. Would like to keep Gill as 7th Dman too if possible.

I think and have said before, PG isn't looking for a rental. Pg is looking for core players to be around for a while.

After all, who saw Erik Johnson and McClement getting traded, or Shattenkirk and Stewart?

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 12:55 PM
  #893
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephaaane View Post
I understand your point of view. Different way of seeing it, but i would rather wait another year to contend. There's a gamble to take in each of the situation: Your Point of view: acquire impact player now and hope that they fit and deliever enough to beat BOS, PHI and TB/My point of view: What if next year injuries kills us again and we are at the 8th spot, do we, at each deadline wait for the next year?

IMO, next year would be THE year in the 5 year plan that we can be in the Stanley Cup window if we pull good moves.
I see what you're saying, but it seems like people saynthat every year. What's wrong with picking up a player like Semin. He'd cost quite a bit but he's not a player who we'll draft or acquire as a UFA. Trading for him is the only way to get a player of that quality who we can keep for a long time and make a meaningful contribution to our team.

shutehinside is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 01:08 PM
  #894
Nidema
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Dudley is saying he has no interest in moving Bogosian, but that doesn't mean he won't if the right deal is offered to him.

I'm sure if the Habs offered Tinordi and roster player or pick it can be done. Both D are young, and if Atlanta wants to go with a youth movement then Tinordi fits that bill too.

Habs would love to have a young core of Subban, Bogosian and Weber to go with Wiz, Gorges and Markov next season. Spacek would be there, but hopefully can be moved for a forward with a similar contract a team may want to move too. Would like to keep Gill as 7th Dman too if possible.

I think and have said before, PG isn't looking for a rental. Pg is looking for core players to be around for a while.

After all, who saw Erik Johnson and McClement getting traded, or Shattenkirk and Stewart?
Barring injuries, slumps and underperformance, that D corps is pretty deep. Still would like a bonafide shutdown guy to go along with it. Someone like Ryan Suter who we are apparently offering AK and Weber for.

Nidema is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 01:10 PM
  #895
overlords
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 26,467
vCash: 500
I really, really hope we don't trade eller.

overlords is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 01:13 PM
  #896
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I really, really hope we don't trade eller.
Me either, but if it is in a deal like the Av's and Blues did in getting two good assets each and a draft pick each, I would in the right deal.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 01:18 PM
  #897
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I really, really hope we don't trade eller.
I just know that he, AKost and Weber will be dynamite for another team if we decide to trade them. I mostly don't want to trade Weber.

RoyBoyCoy is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 01:34 PM
  #898
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,837
vCash: 500
I don't visit Eck's site, so can anyone tell me if he predicted any of these recent trades?

Habs is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 01:39 PM
  #899
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,294
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I don't visit Eck's site, so can anyone tell me if he predicted any of these recent trades?
nope none at all . kaberle to boston we kind of all knew it was coming, bruins and thrashers and blues and avs he probably had no clue

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
02-19-2011, 01:47 PM
  #900
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I don't visit Eck's site, so can anyone tell me if he predicted any of these recent trades?
Not really ..

The rumours he has been going on and on about for a week are:

Kovalev to Montreal or Pittsburgh

Weiss to Montreal

Penner to Toronto

Hemsky to LA

Spezza to LA

McCabe to Boston (guess not now eh)

If one of those happens, he can say he guessed right.

HomaridII is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.