HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

All Habs-related (Eklund) rumours Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2011, 02:07 PM
HomaridII

vCash: 500
BTW if anybody is wondering what it will take for Hemsky:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travi...arts/134/33841

Looks like a high end prospect and a 1st minimum.

Old
02-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
nope none at all . kaberle to boston we kind of all knew it was coming, bruins and thrashers and blues and avs he probably had no clue
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Not really ..
thanks... that's not very good.

Old
02-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Bogosion would be nice, but c'mon guys...think realistically here.

Old
02-19-2011, 03:40 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Barring injuries, slumps and underperformance, that D corps is pretty deep. Still would like a bonafide shutdown guy to go along with it. Someone like Ryan Suter who we are apparently offering AK and Weber for.
when did ryan suter become a shutdown guy?!

Old
02-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Maliki2

And it continues, "we tried to get a player, but it just didn't work out". This teams management is just in the pits. Has been for years and years, no moves, no big names, no nothing every year at trade deadline time.

Old
02-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
And it continues, "we tried to get a player, but it just didn't work out". This teams management is just in the pits. Has been for years and years, no moves, no big names, no nothing every year at trade deadline time.
No need Bell Centre is always full. If it wasn't I'm sure they would try harder to land some big names. Anyways I'm happy with all the young players we have right now, hopefully we can add some via trades at the deadline and draft this summer

Old
02-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
With 80% of your regular defensemen injured there is no point in wasting assets just to make a trade. If we had everyone and we were missing just that 1 or 2 top end player to really put us in the next category fine. But with this many injuries to key players it would be dumb.

Don't expect any big trades if you ask me.

Old
02-19-2011, 03:53 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
With 80% of your regular defensemen injured there is no point in wasting assets just to make a trade. If we had everyone and we were missing just that 1 or 2 top end player to really put us in the next category fine. But with this many injuries to key players it would be dumb.

Don't expect any big trades if you ask me.
I agree but we don't need to make a trade for this playoff run. I mean Gauthier should know who is made available around the league but look at the Thrashers deal yesterday, they gave away Peverley but got 2 solid players back which are going to help them for a few years. I just hope like if a guy like Bogosian is on the market, gauthier isn't watching him go to a team like Toronto.

Old
02-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Would you rather they delay their midseason trades until the deadline? This year they acquired Wiz, last year Moore and MAB, the year before Schneider.

I don't approve of everything this management group has done (Gomez), but there has not been a lack of valuable midseason additions, IMO.

Old
02-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? They got a big minute d-man in late December, they didn't wait to be out of the playoffs, they made a move early for a guy that could be here for half the regular season, not just 15 games.

The last 3-4 years the only big names to move have been Hossa and Kovalchuk, so it's not like every playoff team adds a big name.

Old
02-19-2011, 04:17 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
if we make a move for Bogosian i'd be prepared to trade our first, and a good prospect for him. He would be epic with subban.

Old
02-19-2011, 04:21 PM
deandebean

The depleted lineup should mean that the Habs won't stand a chance. I guess Geoff doesn't care about the extra playoff cash, right? Be serious, people.

Gauthier probably won't move. But it's more a case of a GM that waited too long to do so, not a GM that doesn't want to trade-off the farm club. Gauthier already said that he's not a big deadline-trade guy. And his track record proves it. Problem is: he should have moved about 1 month ago, after the Wiz acquisition. The timing was perfect. Instead, he let things deteriorate. Now, let's see if the Habs will be able to stay in the playoff picture in 4 weeks from now. Not convinced. Their vets seem tired as hell.

Old
02-19-2011, 04:22 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
if we make a move for Bogosian i'd be prepared to trade our first, and a good prospect for him. He would be epic with subban.
Agreed.

Bogosian is exactly what this defense corps needs going forward (along with Subban). He can do it all.

Old
02-19-2011, 04:26 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Yep.

He is 20, and Subban 21 so there is the top 2 on your D for the next 10+ years. Bogosian is worth a 1st rounder and a good prospect in my opinion.

Our 1st and Tinordi, I am willing to part with. Our 1st could be not till 16 or later, and Bogosian is NHL ready now, well worth the price.

Old
02-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Andrei Kostitsyn
1st rounder in 2011
Danny Kristo (or maybe Ben Maxwell on second thought)

for

Zach Bogosion

I'd do it, but Atlanta probably wouldn't. Bogosion needs a change of scenery and I think a trade to Montreal would do wonders for him.

Old
02-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
No need Bell Centre is always full. If it wasn't I'm sure they would try harder to land some big names. Anyways I'm happy with all the young players we have right now, hopefully we can add some via trades at the deadline and draft this summer
Sooooooooooo True. It is why the Leafs are out of the playoffs for 7 years and they are more popular than the stanley cup winner each year. The reason for average teams is all about the money factor. Habs and Leafs are making a fortune and who really cares if you win a cup, lose in the first round or even make the playoffs. It is the same reason that the cup has stayed south of the border for 17 years, all the best players, scouts,coaches and management are there, because they have to be. The habs sell for 600+ million and the Leafs are worth more. It costs you a fortune to go to a game, but you can go to a wings, hawks,pens,lightning or atlanta or any other US team and bring 3 of your friends for $120-$200 and get free hats and towels and other crap. It is a business, like any other. Tell the fanbase you are trying to land players and are unsuccessful, hell for that matter, put an AHL defense on the ice and still sell out. Our passion for the sport in Canada is about the love for the game. Stanley cup or playoffs or a 60 point season, the fans will still come and support and be passionate. That is just the way it is, if you think other wise than so be it, just don't be disappointed when the outcome is the same. GO HABS GO.

Old
02-19-2011, 04:55 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn
1st rounder in 2011
Danny Kristo (or maybe Ben Maxwell on second thought)

for

Zach Bogosion

I'd do it, but Atlanta probably wouldn't. Bogosion needs a change of scenery and I think a trade to Montreal would do wonders for him.
Probably ? You mean surely...

You want a Bogosian... you have to dish out a "Chris Stewart" type player...

Maybe Eller, Tinordi, a 1st and a 3rd... and it might not even be enough...

Old
02-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Agreed.

Bogosian is exactly what this defense corps needs going forward (along with Subban). He can do it all.
also agreed, its too good to be true tho

Old
02-19-2011, 05:50 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Sooooooooooo True. It is why the Leafs are out of the playoffs for 7 years and they are more popular than the stanley cup winner each year. The reason for average teams is all about the money factor. Habs and Leafs are making a fortune and who really cares if you win a cup, lose in the first round or even make the playoffs. It is the same reason that the cup has stayed south of the border for 17 years, all the best players, scouts,coaches and management are there, because they have to be. The habs sell for 600+ million and the Leafs are worth more. It costs you a fortune to go to a game, but you can go to a wings, hawks,pens,lightning or atlanta or any other US team and bring 3 of your friends for $120-$200 and get free hats and towels and other crap. It is a business, like any other. Tell the fanbase you are trying to land players and are unsuccessful, hell for that matter, put an AHL defense on the ice and still sell out. Our passion for the sport in Canada is about the love for the game. Stanley cup or playoffs or a 60 point season, the fans will still come and support and be passionate. That is just the way it is, if you think other wise than so be it, just don't be disappointed when the outcome is the same. GO HABS GO.

Yeah, agreed... our D corp isnt really decimated with injuries, they just told the guys to stay home so they can save money....

Old
02-19-2011, 10:22 PM
sheed36

Latest EK stuff from tonight..

Quote:
However those timelines, at least the ones I knew of, were pushed back today due to yesterday's mini frenzy. One of those deals involved the Habs. One involved the Kings.

From a source...

"The King's deal looks to be off the table, but the Habs deal is more likely to happen with a tweak or two over the next 48 hours.."

I get the impression the Canadiens were in on Ian White. It has not been confirmed, but it feels as if they were based on a few people I have talked to.

and now, the irony is I am hearing a rumor involving both the Kings and Habs. A deal which could happen late tonight/tomorrow that would send Dustin Brown/or Wayne Simmons to Montreal for a prospect and draft pick which would be used by the Kings to make another trade. A trade which would land them a star.

Old
02-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Mister Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Latest EK stuff from tonight..
wow Dustin Brown, welcome him to Montreal anytime.

Old
02-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Potato View Post
wow Dustin Brown, welcome him to Montreal anytime.
Love to get the trio Jack johnson Simmonds and Brown.

Send them

Jared Tinordi
Andrei Kostitsyn
1st 2011
1st 2012

Old
02-19-2011, 11:02 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post

Send them

Jared Tinordi
Andrei Kostitsyn
1st 2011
1st 2012
makes total sense for LA

Old
02-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post

Send them

Jared Tinordi
Andrei Kostitsyn
1st 2011
1st 2012

Double post /////
Just for Johnson and Simmonds that wouldn't be enough.

Old
02-19-2011, 11:27 PM
expos4ever

possible deal w/ LA for Simmonds or Bown

Simmonds is the right guy to go after - he is a hard working big body who can fight (~100 pims annually) and also contribute offensively. Perfect replacement for AK, if we can move him.

Closed Thread