HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Habs-related (Eklund) rumours Part III

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2011, 03:54 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Major hometown discount. Young kids in school, loves Ottawa.
You can always live in Ottawa and play in Montreal. The money those guys have they would keep their residence in Ottawa and get an apartment or condo in Montreal.

Old
01-10-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I could see Chris Philips being traded here. He would most likely be a strict rental and re-sign with Ottawa in the summer.
Chris Phillips has lost a considerable amount of appeal to me...I used to put him right up there with some of the best defensive dmen in the league, but not anymore. I'd really caution against any team trading for Phillips at the deadline, you're not likely to get back what you expect out of him and he's almost a lock to re-sign in Ottawa in the summer.

Old
01-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
You can always live in Ottawa and play in Montreal. The money those guys have they would keep their residence in Ottawa and get an apartment or condo in Montreal.
No kidding. Apart from NYR/NYI, I can't think of a more ideal two-town NHL playing/living scenario.

Old
01-10-2011, 04:01 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Chris Phillips has lost a considerable amount of appeal to me...I used to put him right up there with some of the best defensive dmen in the league, but not anymore. I'd really caution against any team trading for Phillips at the deadline, you're not likely to get back what you expect out of him and he's almost a lock to re-sign in Ottawa in the summer.
Phillips to me is not a target we need. He is 33 I believe, and will be the next "older" Dman fans would rip up and complain about after Hamrlik is gone.

Sign the Wiz, re-sign Gill and Markov to stay with Gorges, PK and Weber....assign Spacek to Hamilton or try to get a Euro club to take him on loan. Spacek has lost a step this year and looks horrible, if he was to retire it stays on the books. Bad 3 year deal on Gainey's part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
No kidding. Apart from NYR/NYI, I can't think of a more ideal two-town NHL playing/living scenario.
Can't get any better than LA and Anaheim. New Jersey to Philly is good too.

Old
01-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Can't get any better than LA and Anaheim. New Jersey to Philly is good too.
LA/Anaheim occurred to me, but I don't know the actual driving distance. Didn't realize Philly and Jersey were that close.

Edit: I guess LA/Ana are only about 30-35 kms apart. But that traffic would be a disease.

Anyway, sorry, OT.

Old
01-10-2011, 04:10 PM
gusfring

Quote:
You could but Philips won't. Trust me. He'll take less money to be with his family if he has to.

Quote:
Phillips to me is not a target we need. He is 33 I believe, and will be the next "older" Dman fans would rip up and complain about after Hamrlik is gone.

Sign the Wiz, re-sign Gill and Markov to stay with Gorges, PK and Weber....assign Spacek to Hamilton or try to get a Euro club to take him on loan. Spacek has lost a step this year and looks horrible, if he was to retire it stays on the books. Bad 3 year deal on Gainey's part.
I would consider him to be a rental only and not a long time signing.

He would fit well as a pairing with Wiz.

Old
01-10-2011, 04:20 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
LA/Anaheim occurred to me, but I don't know the actual driving distance. Didn't realize Philly and Jersey were that close.

Edit: I guess LA/Ana are only about 30-35 kms apart. But that traffic would be a disease.

Anyway, sorry, OT.
Anaheim is suburb of LA about 25 miles or 40 km away.

Philly to New York/Newark is a little over 130 km, but a lot of people commute via train.

Washington to Philly probably as close or closer.

Old
01-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
I agree. He's on the downgrade, like Spacek.

Old
01-10-2011, 04:31 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I agree. He's on the downgrade, like Spacek.
I agree he is on the downside, but we are playing Picard regularily right now, and that simply cannot continue.

Old
01-10-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I agree he is on the downside, but we are playing Picard regularily right now, and that simply cannot continue.
But Picard isn't costing the Habs any assets (picks and/or prospects) like Phillips would.

Also, Picard plays on the 3rd pairing, go on any teams board, they all complain about their #5-6 dman.

Old
01-10-2011, 04:38 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
But Picard isn't costing the Habs any assets (picks and/or prospects) like Phillips would.

Also, Picard plays on the 3rd pairing, go on any teams board, they all complain about their #5-6 dman
probably... sucks that we already have better replacement for him though, for now AND the future (Weber) -> in the stands.

Old
01-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Jigger77

Quote:

Also, Picard plays on the 3rd pairing, go on any teams board, they all complain about their #5-6 dman.
No but he cost us two goals (well at least 1 where it was blatant) on Saturday.

I'm not sure about Phillips but I'd like to see the Habs solidify the backend. Picard reminds me of Traverse, and that terrifies me.

Old
01-10-2011, 05:00 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post

I'm not sure about Phillips but I'd like to see the Habs solidify the backend. Picard reminds me of Traverse, and that terrifies me.
That's an exaggeration of epic proportions if i've ever seen one.

Old
01-10-2011, 05:13 PM
sampollock

eck has to pick a new target,

with frolov gone, and sundin in retirement home,

eck is rolling on to a new source

Old
01-10-2011, 05:14 PM
le_sean

Quote:

I don't think Phillips would actually cost much. Regardless of Melnyk being a billionaire, no good businessman wants to lose money, especially on a team that has no real future (except on the blueline of course). Phillips would really make this team solid for the playoffs.

Phillips - Wisniewski
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gill - Subban

With Price in net and enough offence to get 2-3 goals a game in the playoffs, that might be good enough to go on another run.

Old
01-10-2011, 07:52 PM
sampollock

habs need a tough 20 goal winger, time to move ak

Old
01-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Garry Valk

AK for Chris Phillips. Would be perfect.

Old
01-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

I don't like Phillips. I think that he's pretty over...

Old
01-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
If Ottawa is doing a fire sale, i would grab Neil for sure!
Hanni, I think that you know that I'm with you on that one but you also know who coaches the Habs... Martin wasn't playing Neil while in Ottawa. Not sure he'd play him now!

Remember how tough Moen was in Anaheim? To fit in Martin philosophy, look how soft he's become!

Old
01-10-2011, 08:39 PM
phoque taupe

following this logic, AK would be a monster elsewhere

Old
01-10-2011, 08:45 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post

Should watch the games more often then. To me he looks alot better than Weber out there. Weber gets shots through on the PP, but other than that he needs more time to develop imo.

Old
01-10-2011, 08:45 PM
dcal64

Quote:
IIRC, there was a rule against loaning players, so if Phillips is traded at the deadline, I don't think he is allowed to re-sign in Ottawa in July.

Old
01-10-2011, 08:56 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
IIRC, there was a rule against loaning players, so if Phillips is traded at the deadline, I don't think he is allowed to re-sign in Ottawa in July.
There is no rule against that.

Old
01-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Hanni, I think that you know that I'm with you on that one but you also know who coaches the Habs... Martin wasn't playing Neil while in Ottawa. Not sure he'd play him now!

Remember how tough Moen was in Anaheim? To fit in Martin philosophy, look how soft he's become!
Ryan White can do the same job

Old
01-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Ryan White can do the same job
Ryan White should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Chris Neil, let alone be compared to him. Let the kid make the NHL before comparing him to established players. At this point, he doesn't deserve to hold Neil's jockstrap. White hasn't done in the AHL what Neil has done in the NHL! And that, coming from someone who likes the kid!

Closed Thread