HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Habs-related (Eklund) rumours Part III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2011, 03:54 PM
  #76
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Major hometown discount. Young kids in school, loves Ottawa.
You can always live in Ottawa and play in Montreal. The money those guys have they would keep their residence in Ottawa and get an apartment or condo in Montreal.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 03:58 PM
  #77
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
I could see Chris Philips being traded here. He would most likely be a strict rental and re-sign with Ottawa in the summer.
Chris Phillips has lost a considerable amount of appeal to me...I used to put him right up there with some of the best defensive dmen in the league, but not anymore. I'd really caution against any team trading for Phillips at the deadline, you're not likely to get back what you expect out of him and he's almost a lock to re-sign in Ottawa in the summer.

417 is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 03:58 PM
  #78
Jedrik
Registered User
 
Jedrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
You can always live in Ottawa and play in Montreal. The money those guys have they would keep their residence in Ottawa and get an apartment or condo in Montreal.
No kidding. Apart from NYR/NYI, I can't think of a more ideal two-town NHL playing/living scenario.

Jedrik is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 04:01 PM
  #79
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Chris Phillips has lost a considerable amount of appeal to me...I used to put him right up there with some of the best defensive dmen in the league, but not anymore. I'd really caution against any team trading for Phillips at the deadline, you're not likely to get back what you expect out of him and he's almost a lock to re-sign in Ottawa in the summer.
Phillips to me is not a target we need. He is 33 I believe, and will be the next "older" Dman fans would rip up and complain about after Hamrlik is gone.

Sign the Wiz, re-sign Gill and Markov to stay with Gorges, PK and Weber....assign Spacek to Hamilton or try to get a Euro club to take him on loan. Spacek has lost a step this year and looks horrible, if he was to retire it stays on the books. Bad 3 year deal on Gainey's part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
No kidding. Apart from NYR/NYI, I can't think of a more ideal two-town NHL playing/living scenario.
Can't get any better than LA and Anaheim. New Jersey to Philly is good too.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 04:06 PM
  #80
Jedrik
Registered User
 
Jedrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Can't get any better than LA and Anaheim. New Jersey to Philly is good too.
LA/Anaheim occurred to me, but I don't know the actual driving distance. Didn't realize Philly and Jersey were that close.

Edit: I guess LA/Ana are only about 30-35 kms apart. But that traffic would be a disease.

Anyway, sorry, OT.

Jedrik is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 04:10 PM
  #81
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
You can always live in Ottawa and play in Montreal. The money those guys have they would keep their residence in Ottawa and get an apartment or condo in Montreal.
You could but Philips won't. Trust me. He'll take less money to be with his family if he has to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Phillips to me is not a target we need. He is 33 I believe, and will be the next "older" Dman fans would rip up and complain about after Hamrlik is gone.

Sign the Wiz, re-sign Gill and Markov to stay with Gorges, PK and Weber....assign Spacek to Hamilton or try to get a Euro club to take him on loan. Spacek has lost a step this year and looks horrible, if he was to retire it stays on the books. Bad 3 year deal on Gainey's part.
I would consider him to be a rental only and not a long time signing.

He would fit well as a pairing with Wiz.

gusfring is online now  
Old
01-10-2011, 04:20 PM
  #82
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
LA/Anaheim occurred to me, but I don't know the actual driving distance. Didn't realize Philly and Jersey were that close.

Edit: I guess LA/Ana are only about 30-35 kms apart. But that traffic would be a disease.

Anyway, sorry, OT.
Anaheim is suburb of LA about 25 miles or 40 km away.

Philly to New York/Newark is a little over 130 km, but a lot of people commute via train.

Washington to Philly probably as close or closer.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 04:23 PM
  #83
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Chris Phillips has lost a considerable amount of appeal to me...I used to put him right up there with some of the best defensive dmen in the league, but not anymore. I'd really caution against any team trading for Phillips at the deadline, you're not likely to get back what you expect out of him and he's almost a lock to re-sign in Ottawa in the summer.
I agree. He's on the downgrade, like Spacek.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 04:31 PM
  #84
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I agree. He's on the downgrade, like Spacek.
I agree he is on the downside, but we are playing Picard regularily right now, and that simply cannot continue.

gusfring is online now  
Old
01-10-2011, 04:34 PM
  #85
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
I agree he is on the downside, but we are playing Picard regularily right now, and that simply cannot continue.
But Picard isn't costing the Habs any assets (picks and/or prospects) like Phillips would.

Also, Picard plays on the 3rd pairing, go on any teams board, they all complain about their #5-6 dman.

417 is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 04:38 PM
  #86
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
But Picard isn't costing the Habs any assets (picks and/or prospects) like Phillips would.

Also, Picard plays on the 3rd pairing, go on any teams board, they all complain about their #5-6 dman
.
probably... sucks that we already have better replacement for him though, for now AND the future (Weber) -> in the stands.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 04:41 PM
  #87
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
But Picard isn't costing the Habs any assets (picks and/or prospects) like Phillips would.

Also, Picard plays on the 3rd pairing, go on any teams board, they all complain about their #5-6 dman.
No but he cost us two goals (well at least 1 where it was blatant) on Saturday.

I'm not sure about Phillips but I'd like to see the Habs solidify the backend. Picard reminds me of Traverse, and that terrifies me.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 05:00 PM
  #88
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab
 
The Gal Pals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
No but he cost us two goals (well at least 1 where it was blatant) on Saturday.

I'm not sure about Phillips but I'd like to see the Habs solidify the backend. Picard reminds me of Traverse, and that terrifies me.
That's an exaggeration of epic proportions if i've ever seen one.

The Gal Pals is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 05:13 PM
  #89
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 7,523
vCash: 500
eck has to pick a new target,

with frolov gone, and sundin in retirement home,

eck is rolling on to a new source

sampollock is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 05:14 PM
  #90
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
But Picard isn't costing the Habs any assets (picks and/or prospects) like Phillips would.

Also, Picard plays on the 3rd pairing, go on any teams board, they all complain about their #5-6 dman.
I don't think Phillips would actually cost much. Regardless of Melnyk being a billionaire, no good businessman wants to lose money, especially on a team that has no real future (except on the blueline of course). Phillips would really make this team solid for the playoffs.

Phillips - Wisniewski
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gill - Subban

With Price in net and enough offence to get 2-3 goals a game in the playoffs, that might be good enough to go on another run.

le_sean is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 07:52 PM
  #91
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 7,523
vCash: 500
habs need a tough 20 goal winger, time to move ak

sampollock is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 08:03 PM
  #92
Garry Valk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,829
vCash: 500
AK for Chris Phillips. Would be perfect.

Garry Valk is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 08:11 PM
  #93
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,784
vCash: 500
I don't like Phillips. I think that he's pretty over...

Hannibal is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 08:34 PM
  #94
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
If Ottawa is doing a fire sale, i would grab Neil for sure!
Hanni, I think that you know that I'm with you on that one but you also know who coaches the Habs... Martin wasn't playing Neil while in Ottawa. Not sure he'd play him now!

Remember how tough Moen was in Anaheim? To fit in Martin philosophy, look how soft he's become!

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 08:39 PM
  #95
phoque taupe
Registered User
 
phoque taupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
following this logic, AK would be a monster elsewhere

phoque taupe is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 08:45 PM
  #96
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
No but he cost us two goals (well at least 1 where it was blatant) on Saturday.

I'm not sure about Phillips but I'd like to see the Habs solidify the backend. Picard reminds me of Traverse, and that terrifies me.
Should watch the games more often then. To me he looks alot better than Weber out there. Weber gets shots through on the PP, but other than that he needs more time to develop imo.

habsjunkie2* is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 08:45 PM
  #97
dcal64
Registered User
 
dcal64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Chris Phillips has lost a considerable amount of appeal to me...I used to put him right up there with some of the best defensive dmen in the league, but not anymore. I'd really caution against any team trading for Phillips at the deadline, you're not likely to get back what you expect out of him and he's almost a lock to re-sign in Ottawa in the summer.
IIRC, there was a rule against loaning players, so if Phillips is traded at the deadline, I don't think he is allowed to re-sign in Ottawa in July.

dcal64 is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 08:56 PM
  #98
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
IIRC, there was a rule against loaning players, so if Phillips is traded at the deadline, I don't think he is allowed to re-sign in Ottawa in July.
There is no rule against that.

macavoy is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 08:58 PM
  #99
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Moon
Country: United States
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Hanni, I think that you know that I'm with you on that one but you also know who coaches the Habs... Martin wasn't playing Neil while in Ottawa. Not sure he'd play him now!

Remember how tough Moen was in Anaheim? To fit in Martin philosophy, look how soft he's become!
Ryan White can do the same job

Richiebottles is offline  
Old
01-10-2011, 09:02 PM
  #100
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Ryan White can do the same job
Ryan White should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Chris Neil, let alone be compared to him. Let the kid make the NHL before comparing him to established players. At this point, he doesn't deserve to hold Neil's jockstrap. White hasn't done in the AHL what Neil has done in the NHL! And that, coming from someone who likes the kid!

Habsterix* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.