HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Habs-related (Eklund) rumours Part III

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2011, 08:06 PM
macavoy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Let the kid make the NHL before comparing him to established players. At this point, he doesn't deserve to hold Neil's jockstrap. White hasn't done in the AHL what Neil has done in the NHL! And that, coming from someone who likes the kid!
Comparing prospects to established NHL players is standard practice when evaluating talent.

Old
01-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Ryan White should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Chris Neil, let alone be compared to him. Let the kid make the NHL before comparing him to established players. At this point, he doesn't deserve to hold Neil's jockstrap. White hasn't done in the AHL what Neil has done in the NHL! And that, coming from someone who likes the kid!
Yea Yea i understand . And i agree . I am just saying it would be nice (for once) to let a farm guy . Like Ryan White take a bottom 6 role.

Old
01-10-2011, 08:38 PM
sheed36

Ek now as his list of 50 most tradeable players up and Hammer is on it... The only thing of any interest on that blog post is the picture of the LA Kings girl and her rather nice cleavage..

Old
01-10-2011, 08:42 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Ryan White should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Chris Neil, let alone be compared to him. Let the kid make the NHL before comparing him to established players. At this point, he doesn't deserve to hold Neil's jockstrap. White hasn't done in the AHL what Neil has done in the NHL! And that, coming from someone who likes the kid!
Chris Neil is overrated, he is a cheap-shot artist who only fights the non-fighters or little weights. He is Sean Avery Lite. Would not want him on the Habs.

Old
01-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Hanni, I think that you know that I'm with you on that one but you also know who coaches the Habs... Martin wasn't playing Neil while in Ottawa. Not sure he'd play him now!

Remember how tough Moen was in Anaheim? To fit in Martin philosophy, look how soft he's become!
Being from Ontario I know a lot of Sens fans and they tell me Neil has lost a step and picks his spots now. Still effective though. I'd like to see him on the Habs for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Should watch the games more often then. To me he looks alot better than Weber out there. Weber gets shots through on the PP, but other than that he needs more time to develop imo.
I watch every game. (so you can find something more original next time). Like I said he made a nice tape to tape pass to the Bruins player on that first goal there when all he had to do was use the boards. He got a little unlucky on the second one after the point shot hit him I'll give you that. But a lot of guys would have had time to react there and swap the puck out of the danger zone.

Old
01-10-2011, 10:14 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Should watch the games more often then. To me he looks alot better than Weber out there. Weber gets shots through on the PP, but other than that he needs more time to develop imo.
He was the main culprit on the first goal. Very bad inzone pass. And he wasn't the bravest in the corner on the 2nd. JM took notice. His icetime diminished after that, and rightly so. He played for 14 minutes, which was the least by a defenceman.

Alexandre Picard is, at best, a 6th. But in reality, he's no better than a 7th. Montreal probably has better options out there. At least, I hope so. Alexandre Picard makes blunders AND he doesn't even try to make his presence felt. Others do make mistakes, but at least, they TRY to be efficient.

He cheats a lot with corner battles. And he's soft as butter. He's Patrick Traverse all over again.

Old
01-10-2011, 10:31 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
He was the main culprit on the first goal. Very bad inzone pass. And he wasn't the bravest in the corner on the 2nd. JM took notice. His icetime diminished after that, and rightly so. He played for 14 minutes, which was the least by a defenceman.

Alexandre Picard is, at best, a 6th. But in reality, he's no better than a 7th. Montreal probably has better options out there. At least, I hope so. Alexandre Picard makes blunders AND he doesn't even try to make his presence felt. Others do make mistakes, but at least, they TRY to be efficient.

He cheats a lot with corner battles. And he's soft as butter. He's Patrick Traverse all over again.
You and I agree 100%, Picard is a softie and is a 7-8 guy at best, in reality Alex Henry should be getting a shot over Picard. He is a stay at home and hard nose tough guy the Habs need to insert from time to time, Weber is needed more that Picard and if he sat once in awhile to allow Henry to play in a tough game I would accept that.

Henry would accept that role and has shown he can play in the NHL as a forward and a Dman.

Old
01-10-2011, 11:21 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Chris Neil is overrated, he is a cheap-shot artist who only fights the non-fighters or little weights. He is Sean Avery Lite. Would not want him on the Habs.
He fights non-fighters? Really?

Old
01-11-2011, 06:56 AM
CGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Ek now as his list of 50 most tradeable players up and Hammer is on it... The only thing of any interest on that blog post is the picture of the LA Kings girl and her rather nice cleavage..
I can't think of anyone on Montreal right now who is less tradeable than Hamrlik. There's no way PG even considers trading the guy right now with Markov and Gorges gone for the year. It's a ridiculous list. JS Giguere at # 2 is completely broken and has a $6.0 million cap hit. How is that guy tradeable?

Hamrlik is #20, a few spots ahead of # 22 Jason Arnott. Didn't Eklund claim Arnott to Montreal as an E4 a few days ago? Yet Hamrlik is more likely to be traded?

Old
01-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Not The One

Quote:
Henry would accept that role and has shown he can play in the NHL as a forward and a Dman.
Really? Is this the same Alex Henry who has played in 2 NHL games in over four years, compared with almost 200 for Picard in the same span.

Old
01-11-2011, 08:00 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
I can't think of anyone on Montreal right now who is less tradeable than Hamrlik. There's no way PG even considers trading the guy right now with Markov and Gorges gone for the year. It's a ridiculous list. JS Giguere at # 2 is completely broken and has a $6.0 million cap hit. How is that guy tradeable?

Hamrlik is #20, a few spots ahead of # 22 Jason Arnott. Didn't Eklund claim Arnott to Montreal as an E4 a few days ago? Yet Hamrlik is more likely to be traded?
A lot on that list is BS, players with NMCs and the like. First five make sense, then I think he may have put names in a hat and put em in that order.

Old
01-11-2011, 08:13 AM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawktop View Post
following this logic, AK would be a monster elsewhere
how ya figure?

Old
01-11-2011, 08:18 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post

I can't believe I'm going to defend Eklund. LOL If HF boards have any influence on Eklund's jibberish then I can perfectly understand why Hamrlik is on the list. A good portion of the fanbase has wanted to trade him since his second year with the Habs. I think most of the fanbase wanted to trade him last year or even bury his contract in the minors.

It's obvious Hamrlik was either exhausted and/or battling nagging injuries by the end of last year. But he still managed to right himself and played stellar against Pittsburgh and even against Washington when his ice time was limited. The lasting impression though was that the Habs should unload him no matter what.

And in all due respect should the Habs become "sellers" then his name on the list actually carries some validity because he is still quite a versatile d-man.

Old
01-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Yea Yea i understand . And i agree . I am just saying it would be nice (for once) to let a farm guy . Like Ryan White take a bottom 6 role.
On that point, I fully agree with you. I'd take White over Pyatt personally, but not over Neil. See where I'm going with that? But remember that we're talking about Jacques Martin here... he doesn't like that style of play.

Quote:
He fights non-fighters? Where did you get this information? Here's his stat sheet (for fights): http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/16

This year alone, he's fought Mike Brown, Deryk Engelland, Dennis Seidenberg, Rick Rypien, Zdeno Chara, Kevin Westgargh and Colton Orr... Which one in there is a non-fighter?

Old
01-11-2011, 08:37 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
Really? Is this the same Alex Henry who has played in 2 NHL games in over four years, compared with almost 200 for Picard in the same span.
Yeah, the same 6'5" 220 lb Dman who can fight and play in the 5-6 pairing just as well as soft as butter Picard can.

Quote:
On that point, I fully agree with you. I'd take White over Pyatt personally, but not over Neil. See where I'm going with that? But remember that we're talking about Jacques Martin here... he doesn't like that style of play.

He fights non-fighters? Where did you get this information? Here's his stat sheet (for fights): http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/16

This year alone, he's fought Mike Brown, Deryk Engelland, Dennis Seidenberg, Rick Rypien, Zdeno Chara, Kevin Westgargh and Colton Orr... Which one in there is a non-fighter?
I guess you never see the games where he is trying to fight guys like Crosby, Cammalleri, Savard and others?

He is a little weasel and I would hate to have him, another guy going down in value because of his play and skills going down too.

Old
01-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
I guess you never see the games where he is trying to fight guys like Crosby, Cammalleri, Savard and others?

He is a little weasel and I would hate to have him, another guy going down in value because of his play and skills going down too.
I'd take Chris Neil in heartbeat. I love to hate him when we play Ottawa, but a good fighter that can actually play hockey is a rare commodity.

He's an agitator, but to me he isn't even close to being in Sean Avery's league in terms of being a dirty weasel.

Old
01-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Not The One

Quote:
Yeah, the same 6'5" 220 lb Dman who can fight and play in the 5-6 pairing just as well as soft as butter Picard can.
It seems a lot of NHL executives disagree. This is a 31 year old who hasn't played in the NHL in four years, and had 2 goals in 177 games before that. Picard is a bottom pairing Dman, but comparing him to Alex Henry is absurd.

Old
01-11-2011, 08:48 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
It seems a lot of NHL executives disagree. This is a 31 year old who hasn't played in the NHL in four years, and had 2 goals in 177 games before that. Picard is a bottom pairing Dman, but comparing him to Alex Henry is absurd.
The thing is this team lacks toughness and size. It has a lot of talent and Picard is a player who has no toughness and lacks talent, Henry has one of those traits and he would be a ideal fit to sit once in a while over Weber and having Picard in.

Has no one noticed that Picard was responsible for 2 goals against in the Bruins game?

Has no one noticed that Subban's game has went north after getting separated from Picard?

I'm not saying that Henry is the answer to our D issues cause of injuries, but Weber has looked way better than Picard has and for some reason Martin is playing Picard because of his size...size he doesn't use.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post

Agreed. From what I've seen of Mathieu Carle he was a better option defensively than Picard. What is the word with him does anyone know? Injured, not injured? Playing well?

Old
01-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He's a guy who i'd love to target in free agency. Are you so sure he re-signs with ottawa? I don't see any reason why anyone would want to.
I wouldn't mind a guy like him at a reasonable price...0-3-3 in 42 games he is pretty one dimensional...is it worth paying 4-4.5 mil per year to a stay at home d-man? At that price I prefer Hamrlik, at least he can help at both ends and is a better puck mover.

The problem is, if he hits UFA somebody will end up giving him 4 mil(Rangers have cap room and Sather loves to overpay).

Old
01-11-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
IIRC, there was a rule against loaning players, so if Phillips is traded at the deadline, I don't think he is allowed to re-sign in Ottawa in July.
There's no such thing...if Phillips gets traded to a team, he's free to re-sign with any team he chooses this offseason.

But again, I wouldn't touch Phillips in a trade personally

Old
01-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
IIRC, there was a rule against loaning players, so if Phillips is traded at the deadline, I don't think he is allowed to re-sign in Ottawa in July.
There was talk of a rule being put in place I believe. Nothing ever came of it though, so if Phillips is traded at the deadline. He's free to re-sign with the Senators after July 1st.

Old
01-11-2011, 09:49 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
There's no such thing...if Phillips gets traded to a team, he's free to re-sign with any team he chooses this offseason.

But again, I wouldn't touch Phillips in a trade personally
It all comes down with what you have to give up. Philips can be had for a pick or mid range prospect.

For other guys it will obviously cost much more ie. guys like Regehr or Jovanovski.

Old
01-11-2011, 03:54 PM
sampollock

phone calgary about that robin dude on d fence.

Old
01-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
phone calgary about that robin dude on d fence.
the guy that plays alongside the batman dude, right?

Closed Thread