HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

CBC's retirement plan for ex-Bruins

Old
12-17-2010, 08:41 AM
Bullsmith

vCash: 500
CBC's retirement plan for ex-Bruins

So last night PJ and Milbury go after Subban for... making clean hits. How dare he check Dan Carcillo into the boards! He chose the wrong time! How dare he make an open ice hit on a Bruin with his head down! He's uppity! Anyone doubt that if it were a Bruin, Flyer or Leaf making those hits they'd be cheering him on? Of course not.

For some reason CBC has decided that having Don Cherry isn't enough, they need a full-time trio of Bruins loving Habs haters. I'm sure Leafs fans love it but as a Habs fan I don't watch CBC pretty much at all any more. I try sometimes, but the combination of bias and ignorance is just repugnant.

Anyone not find these guys total clowns? HNIC could and should be cashing in on the Habs success, but instead they hire loudmouths who pretty much cheer on every cheap shot in the league, but have no tolerance for clean hits if they're made by a Hab.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 08:44 AM
windycity

they're both idiots. At least Stock admitted to taking the Bruins side, Milburry denied it. Idiot commentator and worst hockey GM ever. Probably tied with Millen (ex-Det Lions) as worst GM ever in any sport

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 08:46 AM
merano

PJ, Milbury, Cherry our tax dollars at work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
So last night PJ and Milbury go after Subban for... making clean hits. How dare he check Dan Carcillo into the boards! He chose the wrong time! How dare he make an open ice hit on a Bruin with his head down! He's uppity! Anyone doubt that if it were a Bruin, Flyer or Leaf making those hits they'd be cheering him on? Of course not.

For some reason CBC has decided that having Don Cherry isn't enough, they need a full-time trio of Bruins loving Habs haters. I'm sure Leafs fans love it but as a Habs fan I don't watch CBC pretty much at all any more. I try sometimes, but the combination of bias and ignorance is just repugnant.

Anyone not find these guys total clowns? HNIC could and should be cashing in on the Habs success, but instead they hire loudmouths who pretty much cheer on every cheap shot in the league, but have no tolerance for clean hits if they're made by a Hab.
Totally agree and to add insult to injury our tax dollars are paying for these Bruin/Leaf "PINKOS"

merano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 08:53 AM
the vinyl version

Quote:
Originally Posted by merano View Post
Totally agree and to add insult to injury our tax dollars are paying for these Bruin/Leaf "PINKOS"
False.
Hockey makes a ton of money for CBC. That is how they are paid, advertisement dollars.

the vinyl version is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 08:58 AM
JIMVINNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
False.
Hockey makes a ton of money for CBC. That is how they are paid, advertisement dollars.
That doesn't change the fact that they are tax-funded, public, CANADIAN broadcaster. Regardless of what % of their operating budget comes from taxes, it's still something.

JIMVINNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
False.
It is still profit generated by a government run television station, they are paid by CBC. The fact that the revenue comes from advertisers is irrelevant, they pay CBC to run their adds, CBC pays for rights to televise the games, CBC pays it's staff and other expenses, where do you think the rest of the money goes?

Of course it isn't directly our tax dollars, but it is public funds, which happen to belong to each and everyone of us. CBC still pays these morons with OUR public funds.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:05 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
It is still profit generated by a government run television station, they are paid by CBC. The fact that the revenue comes from advertisers is irrelevant, they pay CBC to run their adds, CBC pays for rights to televise the games, CBC pays it's staff and other expenses, where do you think the rest of the money goes?

Of course it isn't directly our tax dollars, but it is public funds, which happen to belong to each and everyone of us. CBC still pays these morons with OUR public funds.
Regardless of the money issues, the show is called Hockey Night in CANADA. Montreal's in Canada, Boston isn't. It's not ****ing rocket science. They're no better with Ottawa frankly. Watching a Leafs-Ottawa game you'd think you were watching Team Canada play evil Uzbekistan the slant is so one-way.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:06 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post

No advertisers = no hockey on CBC. Sure, it's relevant.

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
i blew a ****ing gasket last night
I am so ****ing fed up with CBC
I cant wait until they lose the rights to NHL hockey
chastising a player for not fighting after a clean hit
**** you millbury **** you bj stock **** you CBC and **** you HNIC
**** all of you

Last edited by Pavelec4MVP: 12-17-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Pavelec4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:16 AM
TinordiandSubban

Ron MacLean was disgusted with what he was hearing, you could tell.

If this is what passes for "insight" I'd rather save the taxpayers some money and have Ron read his poetry over a montage of nature scenes for 15 minutes.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:18 AM
skipp18

I tuned into CBC and I thought I was watching NESN.

skipp18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:19 AM
shutehinside

The ironic part about having those two ret@rds in the intermission is that I was watching the game on CBC until they, in tandem started bashing the Habs for incidents they would have lauded the Bruins for. After admitting they were biased to the Bruins I couldn't believe why CBC would have not one but two Bruin homers on the Canada Broadcast Corporation!? I changed channel and watched it on RDS where even the "homer"" Hab announcers were more even keel then wht the CBC was offering. The ironic part is that they surely lost a tonne of Canadian viewers who had enough of the two tards antics and I highly doubt Americans were switching off NESN to tune into CBC.

All they do is alienate fans of the Canadiens night in and night out and then go and say how the Leafs get better numbers than the Habs! I'd love to see them with a Quebecer version of a Don Cherry bash the Leafs every intermission and watch the fan base dwindle and then say the Habs are a bigger draw.

I'm not dumb enough not to know you should pander to your fans, but the CBC doesn't even do that when we're playing an AMERICAN team! I just don't get the thought process behind the CBC and frankly, as much as I complain about RDS, they're announcers are far more non biased than the CBC. I just wish all games were on TSN whom seemingly have the most balanced announcers and best production value. Í'm happy TSN stuck it to the CBC and stole the CBC HNIC song!

**** you Milbury and Stock and **** you CBC.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:24 AM
TheBuriedHab

That seriously crossed the line for me last night. Yeah Don cherry is a senile ******* and he gives it to the Canadiens good, but hes also fair with them I find. Milbury and Stock just teed off on the habs last night, worst part was all their points were utterly horrible. Like Milbury crying that Subban didn't drop them with Carcillo or Lapierre didn't fight with Thornton. How dumb are these guys. Yea Our best defenseman is going to drop them with a 4th liner and get his ass kicked, and our agitator is going to drop them with one of the heavyweights in the league? CBC is an utter embarrassment. I for one am hoping that they lose the broadcasting rights to Saturday night hockey when their contract expires. What a ****ing Joke.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:26 AM
windycity

I watched the hit again - man that was awesome. One of the best open ice hits I can remember seeing and 100% clean

Bravo P.K.!

and poor Marchand, gotta feel for the guy

But still eff Milbury and eff Stock

Old
12-17-2010, 09:28 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
Ron MacLean was disgusted with what he was hearing, you could tell.

If this is what passes for "insight" I'd rather save the taxpayers some money and have Ron read his poetry over a montage of nature scenes for 15 minutes.
i love how he said how most were too young to know who the 2nd best defenseman of all time was. Doug Harvey!

Old
12-17-2010, 09:31 AM
shutehinside

Why didn't Milbury bash Recchi for his hand gestures on the bench? Surely he should have been man enough to drop the gloves with Moen? What a shameful display of broadcasting and in our own Country.

Old
12-17-2010, 09:31 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
i love how he said how most were too young to know who the 2nd best defenseman of all time was. Doug Harvey!
Yes there is still a bunch of HF on the main board thinking Lidstrom is better than Harvey. No way not even close Harvey could hog a puck like no one else he completely controlled the play on the ice. Lidstrom when he has pressure will dump the puck, Harvey would just hold it and spin away until he was ready to pass it.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Yeah, #1 is PK Subban

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Lucius

I watched the game on RDS (god bless bilingualism!) so I missed their insanity, but what did they say about the Boychuk on Pouliot hit later? Since it was, you know, at best the same thing.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Habs

yes, there should be no hitting in hockey unless you are named Crosby or Hall. What's the deal? People wanting to fight after a good clean hit now?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Turboflex*

What's funny is if you go to the Bruins HFboard, all their fans in the GDT are like DAMN NICE HIT SUBBAN. Those 2 retards on the CBC are bigger homers than the Bruins fan forum!!!

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:39 AM
JLP
чудесный Монреаль

Disgusted by the Bruins bias on the CBC, switch streams to the Bruins announcers for a more balanced call of the game.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Drive425

Seriously though, what should we expect from 2 former Bruins? Milbury is mad because he is the worst NHL GM in recorded history and Stock was a fringe middle weight with no talent. These guys don't like the Habs and frankly they can go to hell. Watched it on RDS anyways!!!!

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:41 AM
onice

vCash: 50
To be honest I missed the first intermission. I was watching RDS. I came on these boards in the first intermission and read that it was on CBC. So I switched and saw the second period on and let me tell you the last few years I was criticizing RDS for their bias coverage. Well they're angels compared to these douches last night. And I'm saying this not having seen their first intermission. they were disgusting from the second period on so I can only imagine how revolting they must have been in that 1st intermission.

I gotta hand it to RDS, they've really changed this year and seem to be professional but the CBC, I couldn't believe the garbage coming out of that mental midget , Milbury, and his stuttering hand puppet, P.J. Stock.

i don't mind having ex-Bruins on the show but what went on last night was a %$#&*)# disgrace. Homerism brought to the lowest level possible. Shame on CBC and the idiots that run HNIC.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2010, 09:45 AM
windycity

off topic but is there anywhere to see Pacioretty's hit on Recchi? I missed it