Thrashers lose 4-1 @ Boston Bruins

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2010, 09:39 PM
KevFist
is best pony

vCash: 500
Thrashers lose 4-1 @ Boston Bruins

Had a bad feeling about this one from the start. The boys looked flat all night. Hope a couple nights off help them.

Gotta say though...Even when this team is down 4-1, they don't give up!

Old
12-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Crossovert*

Old
12-23-2010, 09:45 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
Had a bad feeling about this one from the start. The boys looked flat all night. Hope a couple nights off help them.
Agree. Nine in 14 days doesn't make for a lot of time to get in a full practice, much less some rest.

We have a couple off til TB on Sunday. Let's rest up, get in a full practice, and beat the snot out of TB!

Old
12-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Aaronxxx

i didn't see it until watching the nesn clip of the brawl, but stewart busted ference open above his eye. i wish there was a camera on that one.

Old
12-23-2010, 10:16 PM
SilverRiver89

Yeah, you could tell they weren't all there tonight. I don't know if it was necessarily physical fatigue since it looked like they were still playing hard, but just not getting much of anything done. I think the two days off should help, though there's another rough stretch of games right after.

Oh and Eager seemed really bad in particular (or at least I noticed his mistakes more than anyone else), but he hasn't played in a while so whatever.

Old
12-23-2010, 10:22 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

I'd want to kick the ass of the homer that was making stuff up on the fly on that clip! He's the same ******* that wrote that idiot article a week ago. What a lying sack.

Old
12-23-2010, 10:51 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronxxx View Post
i didn't see it until watching the nesn clip of the brawl, but stewart busted ference open above his eye. i wish there was a camera on that one.
And a dam good thing he did. Ference taking shots while 2 other guys are holding Meyers down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRiver89 View Post
Yeah, you could tell they weren't all there tonight. I don't know if it was necessarily physical fatigue since it looked like they were still playing hard, but just not getting much of anything done. I think the two days off should help, though there's another rough stretch of games right after.

Oh and Eager seemed really bad in particular (or at least I noticed his mistakes more than anyone else), but he hasn't played in a while so whatever.
Yeah Eager was awful tonight. I don't think he's too in favor of Ramsey's "no hitting" style. I think it's messing with his head. lol

Old
12-24-2010, 01:26 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Bad night for both of us it seems

Old
12-24-2010, 02:05 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
To be honest, it's been a long time since we really laid a stinker.

Yes, we still battled and still had spurts of energy at times, but the schedule thus far has been rather taxing.

A stat that was passed along a few days ago showed that we play our first 41 in a manner of 80-something (I want to say 88 days), while the last 41 takes place over a period of time spanning 100 days.

With that in mind, I fully expect us to be more rested over the latter half of the schedule than the first half. Still, I'm not worried about tonight's performance, nor am I going to sit here and make excuses for it. Tired or not, the boys came out and gave it all they had. Even with the tank was on E, they never stopped battling, and never gave up.

Old
12-24-2010, 02:50 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Dec 30 Redemption - we need to kick their ass

Old
12-24-2010, 07:40 AM
3rdManIn
Put'n on the foil!

Looked like everyone was running on 7 cylinders most the night.Bad loss for us.

I'd like to know why it take's 3 B's to whoop Meyer and then Lucic pops Meyer again while the zebras got a hold of him and drops him?Secondly,why the !@#$ did Stewart stand there and watch Lucic pop him and do nothing?He was the closest guy and even had a hold of him @ the 2:46 mark.

Old
12-24-2010, 09:10 AM
KevFist
is best pony

I love how Edwards said "Savard's just hammering away" while the video shows him pretending to be Bryan Little's speedbag.

Think we have a new rivalry on our hands?

Old
12-24-2010, 09:49 AM
The Maltais Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
I'd want to kick the ass of the homer that was making stuff up on the fly on that clip! He's the same ******* that wrote that idiot article a week ago. What a lying sack.
That's Jack Edwards. He's pretty well known around the league as the biggest homer announcer there is. I don't mind some homerism and cheerleading in my TV and radio personalities, but he's embarrassing.

Thanks for posting that clip, crossovert. I'm out in CO and couldn't watch the game.

Old
12-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

That thread on the mainboard turned ugly fast. I can't help but get a laugh out of it though.

Old
12-24-2010, 10:37 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdManIn View Post
Looked like everyone was running on 7 cylinders most the night.Bad loss for us.

I'd like to know why it take's 3 B's to whoop Meyer and then Lucic pops Meyer again while the zebras got a hold of him and drops him?Secondly,why the !@#$ did Stewart stand there and watch Lucic pop him and do nothing?He was the closest guy and even had a hold of him @ the 2:46 mark.
Too his credit, he got a hold of Ference afterwards and gave him a pretty good cut.

Old
12-24-2010, 10:45 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Stewart let go of him so he'd get the third man in probably. He knew Lucic was in trouble after throwing that one. Why compound it when you could go pound someone else?

Also, looks like the thread is gone from the main board. Jackass Edwards should be proud that his lying homerism started a fan riot on the HF board.

Old
12-24-2010, 10:48 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

I'm kind of glad we had that brawl, going into the Lightning game pissed is going to help.

Old
12-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
Stewart let go of him so he'd get the third man in probably. He knew Lucic was in trouble after throwing that one. Why compound it when you could go pound someone else?

Also, looks like the thread is gone from the main board. Jackass Edwards should be proud that his lying homerism started a fan riot on the HF board.
They put it in the Hockey fights section.

Old
12-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Juzmo
dont google me

vCash: 690
Jack Edwards

But yeah hopefully a good practise and a bit of rest will do the job and we start winning again.

Old
12-24-2010, 11:36 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Hope Little doesn't get killed thursday see as how he is on a suicide mission for fighting Savard(even though Savard threw the first punch).

Old
12-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Juzmo
dont google me

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Hope Little doesn't get killed thursday see as how he is on a suicide mission for fighting Savard(even though Savard threw the first punch).
Well the Bruins didn't do anything to Matt Cooke after the hit in the next meeting, so I think Little is pretty safe.

Old
12-24-2010, 11:59 AM
dj4aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Wait... Savard threw some punches? Were you watching the same game Edwards was?

Seriously though, I don't think Little will get killed or whatever. The Bruins would be stupid to get into a pissing match over a scrap Savard started. Little only started throwing 'em because Savard threw first.

Besides, they wouldn't throw down for him when he got injured. Why start now?

Old
12-24-2010, 12:30 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Just noticed that during NHL on the Fly on the NHL network they didn't even show any of the brawl or Meyer's hit. They showed most of the game highlights and then made mention that the game got chippy in the last 5 minutes and Lucic was given a match penalty and will be hearing from the league for punching Meyer in a scrum.

Old
12-24-2010, 01:01 PM
SilverRiver89

Brawls are fun, but let's not forget the fight two seconds in. That was a good one.

Old
12-24-2010, 01:30 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Well, ya have to take into account the fact that most Boston fans don't think our team should even exist. Most of 'em would be happy if the league still consisted of 6 teams. Consider the last time they played us, they lost an embarrassing 4-1 game....AND the fact that THEIR enforcer ended up being one of OUR players last year...

Cry me a river, Boston fans. Glad to see your players do something instead of stand their with their fingers up their butts when one of their own gets hit for once. Maybe if they'd done it sooner, Savard wouldn't have to turtle from Bryan frickin Little...

Closed Thread