HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Xmas Presents!!!!

Old
12-26-2010, 01:18 AM
savebyrichter35

vCash: 500
I have a fairly big family and usually have a pretty big Christmas, but the last few years saw a few death's in the family, my mother going to Iraq and had her identity stolen, so the past 2 holiday's were pretty small and grim, but this year (with the addition of a girlfriend whose family adores me ) things were back to normal and we had a pretty big Christmas and I got pretty spoiled.

Got new Jets, Mets, and St. John's hoodies, Jets and Avery tshirt, Jets phone case, some clothes, some cash, and Santonio Holmes and SIONE POUHA jerseys!! I knew I was getting the Pouha jersey, I asked for it and I had to direct my mom to the website because no matter how many times I said it and spelled it out for her she just had no idea what the hell a Sione Pouha was Girlfriend's parents come up from Florida next week and we're celebrating Christmas in early January, so I'll bump the thread then

All this being said, there's no greater thrill for me than giving others gifts and seeing how happy they are. I got my mom tickets to see Andrea Bocelli for Christmas and never in my 22 1\2 years have I seen her react the way she did when she opened the gift and saw what it was. Same goes for my girlfriend when she opened the Cally heritage jersey I got her. Really made my day

savebyrichter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 01:22 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter35 View Post
I have a fairly big family and usually have a pretty big Christmas, but the last few years saw a few death's in the family, my mother going to Iraq and had her identity stolen, so the past 2 holiday's were pretty small and grim, but this year (with the addition of a girlfriend whose family adores me ) things were back to normal and we had a pretty big Christmas and I got pretty spoiled.

Got new Jets, Mets, and St. John's hoodies, Jets and Avery tshirt, Jets phone case, some clothes, some cash, and Santonio Holmes and SIONE POUHA jerseys!! I knew I was getting the Pouha jersey, I asked for it and I had to direct my mom to the website because no matter how many times I said it and spelled it out for her she just had no idea what the hell a Sione Pouha was Girlfriend's parents come up from Florida next week and we're celebrating Christmas in early January, so I'll bump the thread then

All this being said, there's no greater thrill for me than giving others gifts and seeing how happy they are. I got my mom tickets to see Andrea Bocelli for Christmas and never in my 22 1\2 years have I seen her react the way she did when she opened the gift and saw what it was. Same goes for my girlfriend when she opened the Cally heritage jersey I got her. Really made my day
hey im glad your holiday was good...with all the grim things u stated that unfortunately happened in the past, i am glad ur family had a good one and get to continue it in january.

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 01:33 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Girlfriend and I, as we did last year, "adopted" a family for Christmas. It's an at risk family, and we get the presents for the kids and (single) mom. Then we go and buy two loads of groceries for the soup kitchen.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Gratz dude, that's a really great thing to do!

My wife got me this cool dude that I'm going to put in my yard =D

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 01:43 AM
savebyrichter35

Hahaha, I got my girlfriends father a Mets one for father's day, its sitting right outside their front door

EDIT: this is in response to vidernsx's picture of the ranger gnome..thought I quoted him, apparently not lol

savebyrichter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 02:11 AM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Not much doing in the way of hockey related gifts this year, but I've got so much that there's not much left to get me. Pops grabbed a few remaining One95 sticks for me before they become impossible to find because of the Total One. My authentic Callahan with the 85th patch applied came back about a week ago but they forgot to put on the A so when we eventually take a trip into the city to see some sights with visiting family I'll stop by Cosby's to have that done. My aunt is in from Ohio and brought me a Vermette replica Jackets jersey - was a big surprise and I really like it.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 02:20 AM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragshockey88 View Post
it was an xmas gift...and u can only get the retired numbers from the team stores or get them via knockoff...i was hell bent on the retired numbers but this jersey i too sweet and only way to go is authentic....if u get it from shop.nhl.com u dont get the retired numbers, to me it wasnt a big deal im soo happy with it
do u know if i could take my jersey to the nhl store or garden store and purchase the patches and have them sewn on (not pressed obviously)?

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
do u know if i could take my jersey to the nhl store or garden store and purchase the patches and have them sewn on (not pressed obviously)?
85th anniversary, yes. At MSG or Cosby's. Retired numbers, I think not... I don't think they're available loose. But I personally would be MUCH MUCH more concerned with having the shoulder patch than the retired numbers - the retired numbers I can live with being an MSG exclusive; the 85th anniversary patch not being standard on the 85th anniversary jersey I find bush league.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Good to open this thread and see a bunch of you not just showing off your money but your kindness and hearts in giving to others, much respect.

I Got to see my brother for the first time in a year, he had been in Afghanistan and came home 3 weeks ago to his wife and 3 kids. This was easily the longest year of my life waiting for him to get home safe.

Best present ever.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 11:55 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Good to open this thread and see a bunch of you not just showing off your money but your kindness and hearts in giving to others, much respect.

I Got to see my brother for the first time in a year, he had been in Afghanistan and came home 3 weeks ago to his wife and 3 kids. This was easily the longest year of my life waiting for him to get home safe.

Best present ever.
Great News! Thank him for his service for us! I take nothing for granted when its the hard work and sacrifice of others that let me sleep well at night and wake up to a safe family at Christmas. His sacrifices, and the sacrifices of his family are appreciated!

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 11:59 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
http://www.sportsk.com/rangers-85anniversary-patch.html

you can buy the patch in a bunch of places online. Just take it to any good jersey store and have it sewn on...

Old
12-27-2010, 12:03 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:

Best present ever.
That's fantastic. Give him a hug and a thank you from the HF Boards community for us.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Great News! Thank him for his service for us! I take nothing for granted when its the hard work and sacrifice of others that let me sleep well at night and wake up to a safe family at Christmas. His sacrifices, and the sacrifices of his family are appreciated!
Quote:
That's fantastic. Give him a hug and a thank you from the HF Boards community for us.
I will thank him again, no doubt.

You guys would love my brother just like I do, he and I are absolute opposites in every way. He LOVED the Mcilrath pick

Old
12-27-2010, 12:15 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:

You guys would love my brother just like I do, he and I are absolute opposites in every way. He LOVED the Mcilrath pick
Please create an account for him here, ASAP.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Please create an account for him here, ASAP.
Haha, he's more of the 'Guns and ammo' message boards, not sure even I want to pick fights with him

Old
12-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

I thought I was getting a heritage jersey, but got a nice new Sony Google TV instead. I really needed a new TV.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Cmox

Weep, I made out fairly well.

Boyfriend- Ipod Touch, Sleep Away 2 t-shirt, Della Morte Della Amore T-shirt and Assasins Creed Brotherhood
Mom - earrings and cash
Sisters- clothing jeans and stuff
Brother- Johnny Cash middle finger t-shirt
Friend- scarf.
It's great if my profile didn't say my sex than I'd totally pass for a guy judging by my presents.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Cmox

One of my brothers posts here but all of his posts get deleted, haha

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 01:21 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:

If you guys are opposites, than it sounds like everyone would LOVE him around here!!!

Old
12-28-2010, 01:28 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Got a bluray player and a Chris Drury heritage jersey for christmas. Kind of goofed...I got the jersey at the Garden on Thursday against Tampa Bay...before the game I went in search of a Callahan jersey knowing Dubinsky was my second choice. I figured I'd think about it since there were no Callahan jerseys in sight, went back the first intermission and it was a mess, with no more large Dubinsky jerseys left unless I wanted an authentic, which at $385 is out of my price range. Still, always liked Drury, and really respect the game he plays.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote