HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Signs I want to see at the Boston Game

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-24-2010, 06:08 PM
  #1
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Signs I want to see at the Boston Game

OK, it might be early, but I'm already planning on making a sign or two for the game. Here's some ideas we came up with, add your own. Make a sign and take it to ice level for warm-ups. I'm going to be behind the Boston goal.....

1. Boston's back, Hide the Women, Children, and Sheep.

2. Superimpose a picture of Savard's face on a turtle.

3. Savard started it, Little ended it.

4. How many Bruins does it take to drop Freddy? We counted 4 and 2 refs.

5. (need a picture of "the hit") WRONG AGAIN EDWARDS!

6. (would never pass the censors, but funny): Meyer's hit was closer to the little head.

7. Lucic can't fight his own battles.

8. It took Kane to handle Cooke for you bums.

9. Lucic still hasn't seen what hit him.

10. Lucic is French for CAN'T SKATE.

11. Where were you guys when Savard got hammered?

ThrasherMinion is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 06:23 PM
  #2
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Easthampton, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,901
vCash: 500
Awesome. We sarted a rivalry, never woulda guessed it would be the thrashers

It's great though, julien versus his old partner, Ramsay, in a battle of witts, skill, and toughness

It's sick you guys have an awesome team kicking ass for you finally, I hope they stay in playoff contention for years

Finally a team I could grow to hate but still respect. Please knock the caps off their pedestal. Enjoy it boys

KnightofBoston is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 06:29 PM
  #3
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Thanks for coming over in the spirit of fun instead of nasty. Sports isn't war. No one's supposed to die or get hurt.

But we will bring the signage!

ThrasherMinion is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 06:38 PM
  #4
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
I hope this is one of those Tough, physical rivalries where everyone can respect each other at the end of the day.

KevFist is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 06:42 PM
  #5
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500


Last edited by ThrasherMinion: 12-24-2010 at 06:54 PM.
ThrasherMinion is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 07:21 PM
  #6
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 23,326
vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudFan98 View Post
Awesome. We sarted a rivalry, never woulda guessed it would be the thrashers

It's great though, julien versus his old partner, Ramsay, in a battle of witts, skill, and toughness

It's sick you guys have an awesome team kicking ass for you finally, I hope they stay in playoff contention for years

Finally a team I could grow to hate but still respect. Please knock the caps off their pedestal. Enjoy it boys
All we need now is a playoff match-up between these two teams.

BigTuna49 is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 07:30 PM
  #7
Armia
 
Armia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
All we need now is a playoff match-up between these two teams.
Yeah, lets hope that we will meet the bruins in the conference finals this year if they even make that far

Armia is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 07:33 PM
  #8
dj4aces
Registered User
 
dj4aces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,901
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudFan98 View Post
Awesome. We sarted a rivalry, never woulda guessed it would be the thrashers

It's great though, julien versus his old partner, Ramsay, in a battle of witts, skill, and toughness

It's sick you guys have an awesome team kicking ass for you finally, I hope they stay in playoff contention for years

Finally a team I could grow to hate but still respect. Please knock the caps off their pedestal. Enjoy it boys
Kudos for the spirit of fun, rather than hatred.

One of the things this Thrashers team has lacked for years now, is an honest to the Gods rivalry. One that seems to have started naturally, not manufactured by the NHL by throwing two teams in the Winter Classic, then having HBO film a reality show in their locker rooms... *cough*

May both our teams have success, as well as some emotion-filled games now, and in the future, for years to come

dj4aces is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 07:53 PM
  #9
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Easthampton, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
Kudos for the spirit of fun, rather than hatred.

One of the things this Thrashers team has lacked for years now, is an honest to the Gods rivalry. One that seems to have started naturally, not manufactured by the NHL by throwing two teams in the Winter Classic, then having HBO film a reality show in their locker rooms... *cough*

May both our teams have success, as well as some emotion-filled games now, and in the future, for years to come
Amen to that brother. Happy holidays boys

KnightofBoston is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 08:30 PM
  #10
dj4aces
Registered User
 
dj4aces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,901
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Merry Christmas to you too, sir!

dj4aces is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 09:08 PM
  #11
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,868
vCash: 500
lucic is serbian btw, not french

headsigh is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 09:12 PM
  #12
dj4aces
Registered User
 
dj4aces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,901
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by headsigh View Post
lucic is serbian btw, not french
I considered it part of the joke

dj4aces is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 09:22 PM
  #13
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Maybe I should change it to Portugese?

lol.

Merry Christmas all, gotta go make cookies for Santa!

ThrasherMinion is offline  
Old
12-24-2010, 10:23 PM
  #14
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect
 
BreakTheWallsDown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,317
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Think I'm going to make as much of an effort as I can to get out to this game. I wasn't going to go to this one but now I just might have to and bring some signs along with me.

BreakTheWallsDown is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 10:56 AM
  #15
Open Ice
Registered User
 
Open Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Valley
Posts: 805
vCash: 500
Hey guys - Bruins fan coming in peace.

Just a little something to stoke the fires of a good honest rivalry. Interesting article in today's Boston Globe:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...shment/?page=2


"The rematch takes place Thursday at Philips Arena. Given Meyer’s size (5 feet 10 inches, 185 pounds) and pedigree as a non-fighter, the ex-Boston University defenseman won’t be the one seeking retribution. Instead, the task could fall to tough guy Eric Boulton.

“I’m sure it will happen,’’ Lucic said of the Thrashers seeking retribution. “But I’m a man. I can stick up for my own battles. I’ll stick up for myself. If they do come knocking, I’ll be there to answer the call.’’


Let's have some fun on Thursday!

Open Ice is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 11:03 AM
  #16
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 23,326
vCash: 700
Boulton and Lucic have actually fought before.

BigTuna49 is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 11:08 AM
  #17
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
I get the feeling that Bogosian will be in the lineup, and Freddy will be in the press box

KevFist is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 11:12 AM
  #18
Zsswimmer
Registered User
 
Zsswimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 648
vCash: 500
Bring on Fight Night in Atlanta!

Zsswimmer is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 11:19 AM
  #19
GetPucksDeep
Registered User
 
GetPucksDeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the other Duluth
Country: United States
Posts: 3,412
vCash: 500
The hit I want to see is the puck hitting Thomas in the back of the head after it bounces off the twine.

GetPucksDeep is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 03:30 PM
  #20
StevenintheATL
Registered User
 
StevenintheATL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The ATL!
Country: United States
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Boulton and Lucic have actually fought before.


I fully expect another Boulton-Thornton tilt. Those two have a history of donnybrooks, dating back to when Boulton played for Buffalo and Thornton played for Chicago.

StevenintheATL is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 03:36 PM
  #21
LoneWolf54
Relocated.
 
LoneWolf54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,870
vCash: 500
I have tickets to this one! Boston's a mess but if I can get a flight out consider me there! WITH A SIGN OF MY OWN! Woo-hoo, bring on the rivalry. Cheers, Atlanta!

Oh and its my birthday weekend, so if anyone wants to share some inter-rivalry drinks I'd be happy to oblidge.

Plus, two girls in Atlanta in bruins jerseys might need some protection from youre fans.

LoneWolf54 is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 03:46 PM
  #22
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
I have tickets to this one! Boston's a mess but if I can get a flight out consider me there! WITH A SIGN OF MY OWN! Woo-hoo, bring on the rivalry. Cheers, Atlanta!

Oh and its my birthday weekend, so if anyone wants to share some inter-rivalry drinks I'd be happy to oblidge.

Plus, two girls in Atlanta in bruins jerseys might need some protection from youre fans.
Hope you enjoy your time in Atlanta. i think you'll find Southern Hospitality to be alive and well, despite the rivalry that has built. Let us know if you'd like pointers on where to go and things to do.

hope you enjoy everything about your trip but the outcome of the game! ;-)

KevFist is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 03:48 PM
  #23
LoneWolf54
Relocated.
 
LoneWolf54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
Hope you enjoy your time in Atlanta. i think you'll find Southern Hospitality to be alive and well, despite the rivalry that has built. Let us know if you'd like pointers on where to go and things to do.

hope you enjoy everything about your trip but the outcome of the game! ;-)
I believe this will be the most enjoyable part, thank you

Thanks for the help, Oneel!

LoneWolf54 is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:25 PM
  #24
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time
 
Tim Vezina Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
OK, it might be early, but I'm already planning on making a sign or two for the game. Here's some ideas we came up with, add your own. Make a sign and take it to ice level for warm-ups. I'm going to be behind the Boston goal.....

1. Boston's back, Hide the Women, Children, and Sheep.

2. Superimpose a picture of Savard's face on a turtle.

3. Savard started it, Little ended it.

4. How many Bruins does it take to drop Freddy? We counted 4 and 2 refs.

5. (need a picture of "the hit") WRONG AGAIN EDWARDS!

6. (would never pass the censors, but funny): Meyer's hit was closer to the little head.

7. Lucic can't fight his own battles.

8. It took Kane to handle Cooke for you bums.

9. Lucic still hasn't seen what hit him.

10. Lucic is French for CAN'T SKATE.

11. Where were you guys when Savard got hammered?
This is the only one that irked me. Lucic flies when he gets up to full speed, he can clearly skate.

Otherwise, I'm a fan of a mini rivalry that doesnt involve Kessel or Seguin signs, so bring them on

Should be a great game.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:35 PM
  #25
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
It's not about speed. It's about balance.

WARNING: Don't even read the rest. It's rehash.

Meyer can't knock a flea off a dead squirrel but when he "stepped" into Lucic, Milan lost his balance as quickly as a kid riding a 2 wheeler for the first time.

Meyer was reaching to catch Lucic, the elbow call was an even-up to calm the home team. They make the even-ups all the time....we've all cursed refs for calling a player for "catching hits" when both guys are given roughing calls. It's the refs' attempt to even it up when they didn't see the action.

Lucic was "flying" with his head down and it was his own fault he was embarrassed to the point that he had to step in to something that his teammates and refs had already handled.

I'm sure all of the transplanted Bostonians that have moved to the heaven of Atlanta to be out in full force on Thursday. Hopefully, like the Detroiters, New Yorkers, and Chicagoans, they will go back to supporting the "home" team on Friday.

ThrasherMinion is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.