HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Boxing Day Win 3-2 over Oilers - "Beeska" scores with 24 seconds left

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Wetcoaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post
Interesting that they have to warn that forum THAT severely. it does get pretty bad there. It's primarily a handful of them.

I personally dont understand how called the Sedins "Sisters" is acceptable by Mods.

The insults towards the players and fans gets pretty bad actually.
According to Spawn - no longer.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutierForVezina View Post
Every fan base has its fair share of trolls.

I've never seen a board as toxic as the Canucks board after any kind of losing streak. Do you remember all the hate spewed towards Kesler at the beginning of the year when he had his slow start? So much anger directed his way and now he's had a couple very good games people are rushing to declare him our MVP.

Not that I don't disagree he's been great for a significant stretch of the season but I think a lot of people here have difficulty taking the good times with the bad.

Imagine our forum if the entire season was an extended losing streak - regardless of how good our prospects were. It would be unbearable.
That is a different issue - it is not imported trolls coming in to stir things up.

It is our own home grown posters with differing opinions.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Tad McMikowsky
Retired

Oilers fan here.

Whenever I visit another team's board, I'm usually pretty friendly. It's kinda sad how some people act from the Oilers board, because I expect better from our guys.

It all started from the Toronto Game. It went both ways really.

But hey for the game tonight, hope it's a fun one. Hopefully my good guys win, but I don't think so. You guys are too deep.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:27 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Marsh View Post
Oilers fan here.

Whenever I visit another team's board, I'm usually pretty friendly. It's kinda sad how some people act from the Oilers board, because I expect better from our guys.

It all started from the Toronto Game. It went both ways really.

But hey for the game tonight, hope it's a fun one. Hopefully my good guys win, but I don't think so. You guys are too deep.
Dito! Good luck to your boys... except tonight.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Wetcoaster

Game time decision for the Oilers on a homegrown talent - Gilbert Brule (flu-like symptoms) is questionable.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:32 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Game time decision for the Oilers on a homegrown talent - Gilbert Brule (flu-like symptoms) is questionable.
I wonder why he is having such a terrible season he was like 3rd on their team in points last year.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:41 PM
keslehr*

D.Sedin (2) Sedins with 3 points each
Malhotra
Edler
Burrows

Penner

Go canucks go!

Old
12-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
I wonder why he is having such a terrible season he was like 3rd on their team in points last year.
Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal confirms Brule is a scratch with a stomach virus. Hemsky took the morning skate but cannot go and goon Steve MacIntyre will a be healthy scratch (smart move by the Oil).
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/h...337/story.html

Old
12-26-2010, 06:50 PM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post
look no further than that OTL to Detroit.

Difference being that most Canuck fans are doom and gloom about their own team. Not saying offensive things about the other team.

Whether it's questioning a player's sexual preference or taking shots at the fanbase that are beyond personal.
Very true, Canucks fans seem to have a masochistic complex. I think some people actually want the Canucks to fail so they can say "Haha I told you so, we suck so bad!"

I swear some people write out posts bashing Luongo/Samuelsson/Bieksa/anyone before the game starts and just hover their mouse over the post button waiting for them to make a mistake. For sure, some of the frustration is completely justified but I don't think I've ever seen a board as dedicated to being anti-homers as the Canucks have.

Go over to another board after a loss and you'll see "The refs screwed us!" or "They got ALL the bounces!"... go on our board after a narrow win and you'll see "This team will never go anywhere with Luongo!!" or "Moar like BIEKSUCKS. Lucky we managed to win despite him!".

Quote:
That is a different issue - it is not imported trolls coming in to stir things up.

It is our own home grown posters with differing opinions.
True.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Red

I'm expecting a let down game but then again, I expected that from the last two games as well and they were anything but.

The Oilers have a nice core of wingers to build around but they still have so many missing pieces that by the time they get them, Hall and Eberle will be on huge contracts. I think their fans are being overly optimistic that they can repeat the Hawks' success (and exactly how many pieces falling into place at the exact same time that took for the Hawks) and ignoring all the other teams who have accumulated top young players and then went nowhere with them. They'll probably be a playoff team in 2-3 years but with that management group, not a contender. Their fanbase on these boards is largely a trainwreck but at least the puffery makes sense as they have some hope for the future unlike the Flames.

Old
12-26-2010, 06:54 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutierForVezina View Post
Very true, Canucks fans seem to have a masochistic complex. I think some people actually want the Canucks to fail so they can say "Haha I told you so, we suck so bad!"

I swear some people write out posts bashing Luongo/Samuelsson/Bieksa/anyone before the game starts and just hover their mouse over the post button waiting for them to make a mistake. For sure, some of the frustration is completely justified but I don't think I've ever seen a board as dedicated to being anti-homers as the Canucks have.

Go over to another board after a loss and you'll see "The refs screwed us!" or "They got ALL the bounces!"... go on our board after a narrow win and you'll see "This team will never go anywhere with Luongo!!" or "Moar like BIEKSUCKS. Lucky we managed to win despite him!".

True.
The constant Rome bashing is justified, but when people bash Samuelsson...come on, now you're just bored looking for trouble.

Old
12-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
The Oilers have a nice core of wingers to build around but they still have so many missing pieces that by the time they get them, Hall and Eberle will be on huge contracts
...with other teams, after demanding trades.

Old
12-26-2010, 07:12 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I'm expecting a let down game but then again, I expected that from the last two games as well and they were anything but.

The Oilers have a nice core of wingers to build around but they still have so many missing pieces that by the time they get them, Hall and Eberle will be on huge contracts. I think their fans are being overly optimistic that they can repeat the Hawks' success (and exactly how many pieces falling into place at the exact same time that took for the Hawks) and ignoring all the other teams who have accumulated top young players and then went nowhere with them. They'll probably be a playoff team in 2-3 years but with that management group, not a contender. Their fanbase on these boards is largely a trainwreck but at least the puffery makes sense as they have some hope for the future unlike the Flames.
Hawks had 3 excellent centres and two young world class Dmen. Hell of a core to build around, if i had to pick 5 skaters that is what i would start with.

Old
12-26-2010, 07:18 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal confirms Brule is a scratch with a stomach virus. Hemsky took the morning skate but cannot go and goon Steve MacIntyre will a be healthy scratch (smart move by the Oil).
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/h...337/story.html
I'm sure the GM dosn't want his goon hurting his kid

Old
12-26-2010, 07:20 PM
pitseleh

A complimentary bit from Lowetide today:

Quote:
I hate to say this, but the Canucks are in a window of opportunity for the Stanley. The twin piss cutters have real help now, not just a wing and a prayer plus the D looks as tight as Watts-Wyman on some nights. Luongo is acting like Wayne Newton live from Vegas many nights (what IS he doing?) but one has to imagine Michelangelo will paint a masterpiece in the post-season.

The Vancouver Canucks may win the Stanley in the spring.
http://lowetide.blogspot.com/2010/12...us-g1-wjs.html

Old
12-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Johnny Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit View Post
Where's the best place to park for hockey games? I haven't lived in Vancouver for a while...
They wil valet your car for free on Main and Hastings.

Can't beat that.

Old
12-26-2010, 07:22 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
A complimentary bit from Lowetide today:

http://lowetide.blogspot.com/2010/12...us-g1-wjs.html
Who is that?. I'm down for a cup this spring hahah

Old
12-26-2010, 07:25 PM
pitseleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob View Post
Who is that?. I'm down for a cup this spring hahah
Oilers blogger, and one of my favourite bloggers generally.

Old
12-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Askel

anyone got a stream?

Old
12-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 20000
Why are we getting Oilers Connected and not Canucks Connected in the pre-game? Bet we get Oilers announcers for the game again.

Old
12-26-2010, 07:53 PM
hackey
Oh Did I Offend You

If the Sedins suck it up tonight and have a good game, everything else will fall into place and
The Nucks will win

The Oilers have the worst Goals Against in the league at 113

Discourage the Oil kiddies early then it will be gravy

Old
12-26-2010, 07:56 PM
CalgaryCanuck03
@calgarycanuck03

Canucks need to play a very disciplined puck possession game, and if they do they will win.

Old
12-26-2010, 07:57 PM
droller*

Quote:
this guy is sick way too often. starting to become a concern IMO

Old
12-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

Canucks 5

Gradin (3)
Rota
Crawford

Oilers 3

Gretzky(2)