HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread #3 : You miss 100% of the shots you don't take From the Side

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2011, 03:42 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Well I'm 18 y/o (don't worry my parents don't really mind much) so I don't know all of the beers you guys do. I just drink Bud Light and just tried Blue Moon on New Years and I thought it was amazing.
If you like Blue Moon, which is a Belgian White beer, give Hoegaarden a try. Paulaner's hefeweisen is also a nice variation with a hint of banana flavor.

The only thing that I can say about beer to a minor is that when you're in college, what's cheap and will get you buzzed is good enough. I grew up on 40s and 64s of Olde English Malt Liquor. As you get a little older, try as many different brews as you can. Go to beer distributors for maximum variety. Log onto beeradvocate to learn the different types of beer. If you like one variety, there might be a dozen like it that are even better.

Old
01-07-2011, 03:45 PM
hockeygoon15

Quote:
Well I'm 18 y/o (don't worry my parents don't really mind much) so I don't know all of the beers you guys do. I just drink Bud Light and just tried Blue Moon on New Years and I thought it was amazing.

My girlfriend loves that stuff... ugh, I can't stand it. Becks dark and Sam winter lager are two of my personal picks.

I do have to give some credit to Bud for their golden wheat as well. For where it comes from, it's not half bad.

Old
01-07-2011, 03:51 PM
boyle2boyle

Quote:
if you like blue moon drink shock top which is also a belgian white. that was my drink of choice on new years along with jim beam's red stag

Old
01-07-2011, 03:53 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Just tried the Brooklyn Black Ops. Tremendous — a stout aged in bourbon barrels, the re-fermented with Champagne yeast.

Really smooth.

01-07-2011, 03:55 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Coming down heavy again and now it's sticking. Gonna be HELL getting home.
Can you confirm any thunder?

Old
01-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
If you like Blue Moon, which is a Belgian White beer, give Hoegaarden a try. Paulaner's hefeweisen is also a nice variation with a hint of banana flavor.

The only thing that I can say about beer to a minor is that when you're in college, what's cheap and will get you buzzed is good enough. I grew up on 40s and 64s of Olde English Malt Liquor. As you get a little older, try as many different brews as you can. Go to beer distributors for maximum variety. Log onto beeradvocate to learn the different types of beer. If you like one variety, there might be a dozen like it that are even better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrichsized View Post
if you like blue moon drink shock top which is also a belgian white. that was my drink of choice on new years along with jim beam's red stag
I love me some Belgian Whites. All three of those are delicious.

01-07-2011, 04:04 PM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

Stiga Hockey

Has anyone ever used a Stiga table/rod hockey system? I have been looking at them online, and they seem pretty good. I want to see what others think of it before I buy one of them. They look like a lot of fun!

Thanks.

Old
01-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
Has anyone ever used a Stiga table/rod hockey system? I have been looking at them online, and they seem pretty good. I want to see what others think of it before I buy one of them. They look like a lot of fun!

Thanks.
They are a lot of fun!

Its more action and strategy then Fuzball (sp?).

Definitely worth the prize. The downside is that its really easy to get really worked up playing it -- and the game won't hold up forever. The shafts get bent et c.

Old
01-07-2011, 04:16 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I have a huge one in my basement.

Old
01-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Pizza

Some of the best fun you can have legally. I had epic battles with brothers and friends with this game. Many, many fond memories.

We also trashed the them a few times in frustration.

We used an egg timer to clock the periods and timed them at 5 min each. What a blast!!! I highly recommend it.

Old
01-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Musto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
If you get past the buds, coors, and millers of the world, American beer knocks everyone else out of the water.
I used to think so. Back before I was of legal drinking age I went on a long American micro-brewery kick and came out of it with the realization that most of the good ones are really only contemporary mock-ups of tried-and-true, centuries old European beers. I also find the boutique beer culture to be pretentious and the recipes overly convoluted at times. I don't want allspice in my beer.

Quote:
How about a scotch with your beer? LOL... My preference is the smokey Lagavulin 16 year old Islay Scotch Whisky. Nice smoke/peat/earth scent and a smooth finish.
Islay malts are a treat. I also like Oban 14 a lot. It's a West Highland malt with a slightly sweeter, vanilla and caramel finish. Still quite stiff though.

Quote:

Love Hoegaarden. A summertime standard. Try it with a little bit of Italian lemon soda (seriously).

And, now that you mention it, I still like the cheap malt liquors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Just tried the Brooklyn Black Ops. Tremendous a stout aged in bourbon barrels, the re-fermented with Champagne yeast.

Really smooth.
See above, bolded. (Actually, this one sounds like it's worth trying.)

Old
01-07-2011, 04:32 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

I'm a fan of the Belgian whites myself. Shocktop and Blue Moon are both great beers. Has anyone tried the Winter Moon seasonal that Blue Moon is making? Quite tasty as well.

Although I like to class it up when I'm drinking with friends, I still have the piss in the can that are the Keystones, Nattys, and Busches when I'm out at parties. Being at college means a lower budget and therefore lower quality drinking options. My favorite of these though is Red Dog, cheap, smooth, and not piss water.

Funny you guys should mention cheap malt liquor and 40's. Whenever my one friend and I get together, half the time we go out and buy 40's of St. Ides and drink them before going out. When we have orange juice accessible, we add some to the bottle and make a brass monket out of it. Actually a quite tasty drink that gets you ready and pumped up for the night.

Old
01-07-2011, 04:33 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Apologies for the double post; permission to start part 4 with the aforementioned title I came up with on the last page once this one gets closer to the 1000 mark?

Old
01-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Musto

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Apologies for the double post; permission to start part 4 with the aforementioned title I came up with on the last page once this one gets closer to the 1000 mark?
part 4 or . . .

Old
01-07-2011, 04:47 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:

Thanks.

Old
01-07-2011, 04:48 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musto View Post
part 4 or . . .

How about...

OT Thread #4: hpnyr and ScottB's Weather Forecast From Chopper 4, OT Content After the Break

Old
01-07-2011, 05:09 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:

Hoegaarden is delicious. I traveled to Belgium in 2009 and fell in love with it.

RANGERS =
Old
01-07-2011, 05:09 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:

Thanks.

Old
01-07-2011, 05:12 PM
nyrleetch

Can't wait for Jets/Colts tomorrow.

Old
01-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
They are a lot of fun!

Its more action and strategy then Fuzball (sp?).

Definitely worth the prize. The downside is that its really easy to get really worked up playing it -- and the game won't hold up forever. The shafts get bent et c.

It's foosball.

Old
01-07-2011, 05:15 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
New thread here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=862102

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
01-07-2011, 05:18 PM
darko

Quote:

Good beer. Expensive as hell over here though.

Old
01-07-2011, 05:20 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
My proposal for the next OT thread title:

OT Thread #4: hpnyr and ScottB's Weather forecast, OT content after this commercial break
Winner winner
chicken dinner

Old
01-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
inb4 lock

Old
01-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent