HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zuccarello Aasen

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2010, 04:37 AM
Camenzuli

vCash: 500
Zuccarello Aasen

Firstly, feel free to merge this thread with the Zuccarello Aasen thread if you don`t think it deserves it`s own.

http://www.vg.no/sport/ishockey/arti...artid=10042092

The article says that negotiations are ongoing between the Rangers and Aasens former club Modo to find a solution.

Apparently Markus Naslund who works for the swedish club is responsible for having talks with Glen Sather and when he asked what the plan for Zuccarello Aasen was he got no clear answer.

The article also include quotes from Aasens agent saying the situation is not optimal, that Aasen does not want to be in Hartford but also that he's not given up on getting a chance with the Rangers.

Personally I find this development strange as Zuccarello Aasen did not seem to be bothered when sent down in the first place. How can the situation be so different now after only 2 points in his first 10 games?

Old
10-31-2010, 05:53 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Boy, it sure is a good thing we have the next Scotty Bowman developing behind the bench in Hartford, because things seem to go wrong with every last single player that we send there, no matter how promising they seem before they arrive.

It's just such a shame that all those players, the scouts who researched them and the front office folks who signed them are ALL proving themselves to be busts, because to the untrained eye, it might appear that our future Jack Adams Award winning coach is somehow to blame and we might make the terrible mistake of firing him...

Old
10-31-2010, 06:24 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camenzuli View Post
Personally I find this development strange as Zuccarello Aasen did not seem to be bothered when sent down in the first place. How can the situation be so different now after only 2 points in his first 10 games?
I don't know if 4th line duty in the AHL was what he imagined and a coach who obviously from day 1 hates hates his guts.

Last edited by Ola: 10-31-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old
10-31-2010, 06:33 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Boy, it sure is a good thing we have the next Scotty Bowman developing behind the bench in Hartford, because things seem to go wrong with every last single player that we send there, no matter how promising they seem before they arrive.

It's just such a shame that all those players, the scouts who researched them and the front office folks who signed them are ALL proving themselves to be busts, because to the untrained eye, it might appear that our future Jack Adams Award winning coach is somehow to blame and we might make the terrible mistake of firing him...
Well obviously everyone who follows HFD loves the guy. There is no negative talk about Gernander in HFD, nobody could love him more.

Old
10-31-2010, 06:44 AM
cbj21

It's not that surprising that Naslund is trying to find out if it's possible to get Mats back to MODO, he said last year he would do anything he could to keep him.

Old
10-31-2010, 06:47 AM
Camenzuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I don't know if 4th line duty in the AHL was what he imagined and a coach who obviously from day 1 hates hates his guts.
4th line? Really?

Old
10-31-2010, 06:47 AM
mattihp

vCash: 55
I thought Zuccarello said that he would actually try to break into the NHL through the AHL. If he leaves it could be the end of his shot in the NHL. A tiny player who plays only an inch or two bigger than he is should not waste his chances. I wasn't all that optimistic about him making the NHL right away. It's one way for a small player to make it huge in a low-intensity league and another one to play on a passable level in a tough and fast league.

Old
10-31-2010, 06:55 AM
SChan*

rangers were quoted saying:"take him" like MZA were some garbage. Oh man, i never though it would end like this.

Old
10-31-2010, 06:56 AM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Well, that would suck, but I don't blame the kid if he isn't happy in the AHL. He could be doing much better for himself over there.

rip
Old
10-31-2010, 07:33 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

NYR say they don't have any plans for MZA.
NYR say MZA can leave if he wants to.
MZA says he will stick to the contract, and heading back to Europe is not part of the plan, his goal is a spot on the big team.

Sounds to me like NYR want to get rid of him. In my opinion MZA chose the wrong club, he should've chosen a smaller organization. I'm also surprised to see how he's been treated here, a talented player like him should not see 8 minutes a game on the fourth line of an AHL team.

Old
10-31-2010, 07:55 AM
Levitate

I don't know, something sounds wrong about this situation. I have my doubts that the Rangers are actually saying "take him, we don't want him at all"

Just seems suspicious but if true, then you have to question what the hell is going on

Old
10-31-2010, 08:02 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I don't know, something sounds wrong about this situation. I have my doubts that the Rangers are actually saying "take him, we don't want him at all"

Just seems suspicious but if true, then you have to question what the hell is going on
Yeah, something smells fishy here. He showed his committed when he was originally demoted to Hartford during training camp. I think that he though he would only be down there for a few weeks, show what he's got, then get called back up to the Rangers.

When things didn't go that way, and by all accounts not been playing that well down in Hartford so far, he is looking for an escape plan to get out of there.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:05 AM
NickPerriNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post

Yeah, It did not sound right to me either. About a week ago Zucc was quoted saying that he loves playing in N.A, and that he will try for a spot on the Rangers. I doubt anything comes out of this, and he will remain part of the New York Rangers.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:10 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camenzuli View Post
Apparently Markus Naslund who works for the swedish club is responsible for having talks with Glen Sather and when he asked what the plan for Zuccarello Aasen was he got no clear answer.
Why am I not surprised by that? Oh yeah, because Sather has had no plan for this team the past 10 years let alone one player.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:15 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

He's playing 4th line minutes in Hartford? Seriously? Wow didn't know that. What the...

Old
GarretJoseph*

If he sucks, he sucks. Besides watching youtube videos off this guy dancing around players in the Olympics, what exactly has he done? He hasn't proven he belongs here one bit. If he wants to quit, go ahead. No room for quitters here.

If Sather doesn't want him, it's not for no reason. If you can't handle Gernander then how hell do you expect him to handle Torts?

Old
eco's bones

I haven't seen any evidence that Gernander hates his guts.

Gernander is a defense first coach. His mindset is that of a two way AHL second liner. That's what he was as a player and that is what it seems to me he is like as a coach. Guys who have some skill and who will backcheck and grind like Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, Byers and Weise will do well on his teams. A lot of the guys though with more creative offensive instincts don't and I'm not sure it's a good thing to put them in his hands. To be honest--not saying he's a bad coach but if I were the Rangers GM I'd probably be looking for someone else. Grachev and MZA haven't done well with him. One wonders how Stepan would do and one wonders how Kreider will do if he ever heads his way. I would think Chris would do okay but the tradeoff might me his offensive game is curtailed. Some players you've just got to let them go and do what they do best.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:19 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Now according to the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet he has already decided to leave and will head back to Modo. They also explain the reason, his problems outside the rink. Zuccarello's had some serious issues trying to settle down in NYC. He simply doesn't like the country, the city and the lifestyle. The paper describes his stay in the US as a nightmare for him.

Well, then it's better to let him go and forget about it, he can't have success if things will not work off the ice.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:26 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
He's playing 4th line minutes in Hartford? Seriously? Wow didn't know that. What the...
No, he's not. He's been playing on either the first or second line and getting double-shifted occasionally with the fourth line because the Pack have been dressing 7 defensemen.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:29 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
No, he's not. He's been playing on either the first or second line and getting double-shifted occasionally with the fourth line because the Pack have been dressing 7 defensemen.
Thanks for clearing that up a bit squishy.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:32 AM
Chimp

This just sucks. Period. But if Mats finds the life off ice unbearable, there's not much to do.

We need his talent. I hope the article isn't true and that Mats choose to stay, at least for a season.

Last edited by Chimp: 10-31-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old
10-31-2010, 08:34 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Now according to the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet he has already decided to leave and will head back to Modo. They also explain the reason, his problems outside the rink. Zuccarello's had some serious issues trying to settle down in NYC. He simply doesn't like the country, the city and the lifestyle. The paper describes his stay in the US as a nightmare for him.

Well, then it's better to let him go and forget about it, he can't have success if things will not work off the ice.
Hartford claims another victim...

If that's honestly the case, then it's understandable, though I'd prefer to see him try to tough it out for half a season or so to see if he just needs to settle in.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:37 AM
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
This was my last impression too, that he was double-shifted in Hartford.

I have to say I'm very surprised of the two articles in scandinavian newspapers, I think it was Ola that brought up that this could very well be the swedish agent trying to make himself a paycheck. Makes more sense than anything right now.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:39 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Seems like a BS article to me.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:44 AM
squishy

For the record, I'm not buying the story. It goes contrary to everything Zuccarello's been saying to the press here about how he has work to do on his game and is still adjusting and is willing to spend time in the AHL to learn the North American game.

I have no doubt the part about Naslund contacting the Rangers about getting him back is true. They want him with Modo, why wouldn't they at least put feelers out to see where the org stands? But I'm not convinced they did so at Zuccarello's behest. And I'm pretty damn sure Slats didn't say "oh, sure, go ahead and take him, we don't need him."

Closed Thread