HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WJC: Kreider & Bourque vs. Finland - Final Score: USA 3, Finland 2 OT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-26-2010, 11:50 PM
  #201
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
In our Moderator's Mock Draft, I picked Bjugstad with our first pick.
Good call, but he was one if not the biggest wild cards in the first round(as far as the forwards go). So I was cautious about taking him too hi. Then we took Mcilrath and Bjugstad doesn't seem so bad all of a sudden

I liked Justin Faulk a lot in round 2 as well, saw him play at last years U-18 and he was a force along the blueline in the offensive zone.

What did you think of Pulkkinen? Armia? Haula? Nattinen? Any of those impress?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 11:55 PM
  #202
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
And I thought Palmieri played well, he missed a lot of opportunities but he was still creating offense. I imagine if it wasn't Kreider feeding him all those great passes we wouldn't care as much about Palmieri's play.

Morin on the other hand...It's amazing how some AHL experience can put some HF posters over the top with the hype train. Carlson got way too much credit last year solely for his GWG. He had an average tournament.
One poster on here hypes him up, for some reason. I don't get it. I've played against guys like JVR before, but I never was balls deep on the hype train for them (I do love JVR, but I'm at least realistic about him). What can you do? Being flashy like him gets you noticed. Granted, it also gets you noticed the wrong way by people who actually watch the games and see how many terrible turnovers he causes and all of the BS that comes along with his shot.

Again, not my cup of tea. I despise players that can't even do the basic things that any player should know.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2010, 11:57 PM
  #203
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Good call, but he was one if not the biggest wild cards in the first round(as far as the forwards go). So I was cautious about taking him too hi. Then we took Mcilrath and Bjugstad doesn't seem so bad all of a sudden

I liked Justin Faulk a lot in round 2 as well, saw him play at last years U-18 and he was a force along the blueline in the offensive zone.

What did you think of Pulkkinen? Armia? Haula? Nattinen? Any of those impress?
Haula and Nattinen were both very "meh" to me. Pulkkinen had his moments, but man is that kid weak. If he can build some strength, he can do something, but in a tight game where he is covered, he looked invisible. He had a few nice moments (obviously creating a goal), but they came in spurts. I do like his skill level, though. His strength and overall game worry me a bit, but he's a magician with the puck. Armia was ****ing slick. Exactly what I expected from him. Love that kid.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:01 AM
  #204
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,897
vCash: 145
Awards:
Yeah I thought Armia and Pulkkinen were very good, Armia in particular. Didn't notice too much of the other two.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:03 AM
  #205
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Palmierri sucks. The guy couldnt put the puck in to save his life. Kreider musta sent him in like 3 times.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:06 AM
  #206
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Haula and Nattinen were both very "meh" to me. Pulkkinen had his moments, but man is that kid weak. If he can build some strength, he can do something, but in a tight game where he is covered, he looked invisible. He had a few nice moments (obviously creating a goal), but they came in spurts. I do like his skill level, though. His strength and overall game worry me a bit, but he's a magician with the puck. Armia was ****ing slick. Exactly what I expected from him. Love that kid.
Fin prospects are very often 'meh' in these Tourneys, but they turn out to be valauble two way NHL'ers when not being asked to perform as all stars. Like Nattinen and Haula, both players I've always liked, but never saw them as top liners. Just good fundamentals. Ya know, the opposite of Morin

Pulkkinen is a project, I'm willing to give him time cause he's so gifted offensively and is coming off an injury filled season.

Armia is a beast, somethings really wrong if he doesn't go top 5 in this draft.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:08 AM
  #207
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
Palmierri sucks. The guy couldnt put the puck in to save his life. Kreider musta sent him in like 3 times.
Lets see what he does the rest of the tourney before we brand him anything. I think the coaches ask a lot of him, and this is the awkward beginning stages of the tourney. Plenty of hockey left to play.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:09 AM
  #208
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Fin prospects are very often 'meh' in these Tourneys, but they turn out to be valauble two way NHL'ers when not being asked to perform as all stars. Like Nattinen and Haula, both players I've always liked, but never saw them as top liners. Just good fundamentals. Ya know, the opposite of Morin

Pulkkinen is a project, I'm willing to give him time cause he's so gifted offensively and is coming off an injury filled season.

Armia is a beast, somethings really wrong if he doesn't go top 5 in this draft.
Haula didn't really look very good defensively at all. Nattinen did, though. He was pretty aggressive defensively, which was about as much as I liked from him. I don't think either of them will be NHLers, really. Nattinen maybe as a 4th liner, but I doubt much more than that.

Pulkkinen is so hit or miss for me. I mean, that kid is really ****ing skilled. I honestly think he's going to be one of those typical ultra skilled guys who cannot cut it at the NHL level. A true international star, you know?

Armia is one of my favorites in this blah draft. With Saad dropping, Armia moves up. He has the potential to go top 3, even. I think he's every bit up there with RNH and Landeskog.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:13 AM
  #209
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Lets see what he does the rest of the tourney before we brand him anything. I think the coaches ask a lot of him, and this is the awkward beginning stages of the tourney. Plenty of hockey left to play.
Well, he's doing the same things he did last year. He almost cost us the gold last year.

With Morin, there's a reason he saw little or no ice time in OT. He did not deserve it at all.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:15 AM
  #210
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
BN -- what did you think of Dustin Rose? He had a hell of a game today, man. That kid just does it all. I heard he crippled one of the Russians. And then stole his girlfriend. He's a real man's man.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:17 AM
  #211
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,067
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Well, he's doing the same things he did last year. He almost cost us the gold last year.

With Morin, there's a reason he saw little or no ice time in OT. He did not deserve it at all.
Yeah, I have to agree with that. I was impressed by Morin, to say the least, in his NHL debut and in the pre-season, but he was pretty terrible tonight. He's basically a lesser version of Phil Kessel. He can score goals when he's set up, but that's about it, really.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:18 AM
  #212
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Haula didn't really look very good defensively at all. Nattinen did, though. He was pretty aggressive defensively, which was about as much as I liked from him. I don't think either of them will be NHLers, really. Nattinen maybe as a 4th liner, but I doubt much more than that.

Pulkkinen is so hit or miss for me. I mean, that kid is really ****ing skilled. I honestly think he's going to be one of those typical ultra skilled guys who cannot cut it at the NHL level. A true international star, you know?

Armia is one of my favorites in this blah draft. With Saad dropping, Armia moves up. He has the potential to go top 3, even. I think he's every bit up there with RNH and Landeskog.
Yeah I agree about Armia. I like the confidence both he and Landeskog play with.

I could see that with Pulkkinen if he doesn't grow as a player, and bad injuries can really affect some players mentality about the physical game. I just think he's a natural scorer and those are not easy to come by, would love to take a shot at one sooner or later.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:21 AM
  #213
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yeah I agree about Armia. I like the confidence both he and Landeskog play with.

I could see that with Pulkkinen if he doesn't grow as a player, and bad injuries can really affect some players mentality about the physical game. I just think he's a natural scorer and those are not easy to come by, would love to take a shot at one sooner or later.
I wouldn't have minded him in the later rounds, but I think he went around the appropriate spot in the draft. He's a big time boom or bust guy, with more bust potential than most. Could be a damn gem, though. Detroit just rolled the dice on him.

By the way, we did take a shot on a natural scorer. Christian Thomas. And I think he is a lot safer than Pulkkinen.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:25 AM
  #214
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Well, he's doing the same things he did last year. He almost cost us the gold last year.

With Morin, there's a reason he saw little or no ice time in OT. He did not deserve it at all.
I think Palmieri's personality and energy level are often overlooked by the fans. Coaches and players seem to like it and feed off it. At least that's what I've always heard about him.

At the end of the day, our guys are finding a way to win with him. And ya can't discount his ability to draw penalties as well. Everyone around here is afraid of the word because of Drury, but intangibles are needed, he brings some that others may not have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
BN -- what did you think of Dustin Rose? He had a hell of a game today, man. That kid just does it all. I heard he crippled one of the Russians. And then stole his girlfriend. He's a real man's man.
Puck poise, low center of gravity and speed so blinding he's already playing the first period of their next game !

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:29 AM
  #215
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Palmieri takes just as much, if not more, penalties than he draws. He's the Avery of Team USA, in a way.

Dustin Rose, though. He is the truth. I wish he wasn't a 2015 eligible player. Youngest Canadian ever to make the team, I hear.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:33 AM
  #216
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I wouldn't have minded him in the later rounds, but I think he went around the appropriate spot in the draft. He's a big time boom or bust guy, with more bust potential than most. Could be a damn gem, though. Detroit just rolled the dice on him.

By the way, we did take a shot on a natural scorer. Christian Thomas. And I think he is a lot safer than Pulkkinen.
What I wouldn't give for us to be Detroit and be able to afford to take so many draft wild cards, seems like many have worked more than busted for them which makes me think theyve always been onto something

I always thought Thomas could play even if his offense was of the secondary nature. His game is a lot like his Dad(minus the fights). When you play the game that way its hard for me to question the size, which is not as bad as some make it out to be.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:37 AM
  #217
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
I <3 Stumpy Thomas. Miss that guy.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:39 AM
  #218
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Palmieri takes just as much, if not more, penalties than he draws. He's the Avery of Team USA, in a way.

Dustin Rose, though. He is the truth. I wish he wasn't a 2015 eligible player. Youngest Canadian ever to make the team, I hear.
I think its good that he plays with an edge, problem is at that age(or Avery at any age) is often misplaced and he takes some bad penalties. Still, the team needs its share of personalities, a few guys on this squad are as vocal as Marek Malik

Dusty Rose will be taken #1 overall in 2015, his Mom even sat on the Team Canada bench while she was Pregnant back in the day just to give him 'experience beyond his years' !

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:42 AM
  #219
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Eh, I could do without him. Granted, they don't have anyone to replace him, so I guess the team does need him. Hopefully the lack of time in OT sends a message, though.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 01:07 AM
  #220
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Really pisses me off that we could have had Pulkkinen and Kitsyn in this ****ing draft. Did you see how Kitsyn played today? He's got big skills, size, and balls.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 01:13 AM
  #221
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Really pisses me off that we could have had Pulkkinen and Kitsyn in this ****ing draft. Did you see how Kitsyn played today? He's got big skills, size, and balls.
I like him a lot more than Pulkkinen, but Kitsyn is a huge risk as well. I like Yogan and Thomas more than both.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 01:13 AM
  #222
asparkoflife
Registered User
 
asparkoflife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Patterson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 500
Armia is gonna be a player.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 01:21 AM
  #223
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Yeah, I have to agree with that. I was impressed by Morin, to say the least, in his NHL debut and in the pre-season, but he was pretty terrible tonight. He's basically a lesser version of Phil Kessel. He can score goals when he's set up, but that's about it, really.
Phil Kessel is dynamic though. He can create offense himself. Morin isn't a good enough skater or smart enough to create his own chances.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 01:27 AM
  #224
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I like him a lot more than Pulkkinen, but Kitsyn is a huge risk as well. I like Yogan and Thomas more than both.
We passed on Kitsyn for Max Campbell.

We could've had Fasth AND Kitsyn. That's my only qualm with this draft.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 01:39 AM
  #225
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 75,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
We passed on Kitsyn for Max Campbell.

We could've had Fasth AND Kitsyn. That's my only qualm with this draft.
Campbell was picked in 2007, homeslice.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.