HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Via Murph's Twitter - Should Gleason be suspended for high hit on Perrault?

Old
12-27-2010, 12:29 PM
bruinsfan1970
Global Moderator
B's R always Champs!

vCash: 500
It was a clean hit but to me it looked like his own stick caught him up high and snapped.I am going to have to reply it again.He should not get any suspension for that.

bruinsfan1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:29 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
it may be clean...but the new rules say that a shoulder to the head is grounds for suspension.
I think he get a few games....maybe 1 or two.
Correction: BLINDSIDE shoulder hits to the head are grounds for suspension. It was specifically written in the rulebook and talked about by the GM's that taking out normal shoulder to head hits would cut down on the physical aspect of the game way too drastically. Guys would be afraid to throw normal hits...you can't know for sure where you're going to hit the guy until it happens since the receiving party could very well make moves to put himself in a vulnerable position at the last moment.

This is two things: bad luck and a player not preparing himself adequately for a hit he saw coming.

I'll bet you any amount of money he deservedly gets nothing.

GrumpyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:50 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
He got a 5 minute major for charging? I watched the video about 100 times (OK maybe only 4 times) and I can't understand how that was called a charge?

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 01:02 PM
NewEnglandSportsFan*

Send a message via AIM to NewEnglandSportsFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by camorr84 View Post
Borderline clean. He seems to have left his feet and raised his shoulder towards Perraults head. What i think did most of the damage was Perraults stick which he seemed to have broken with his face.

I love the bone crushing hits,but i do think that the hitter should take into condideration a player who is in a vulnerable position. Cookes hit was deemed legal last season but he didnt have to aim for Savards head.He could have still drilled Savard by targeting the shoulder...Samething here,Gleason could have crushed Perrault going shoulder to body.
this. plus he was following through with the elbow anyways... that could have killed the dude on its own if there were any type of delay or change in timing at all...

NewEnglandSportsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
It looks to me like it's Perreault's stick that does the damage.
It does.

It's a comedy of errors for these refs. Charging? He never took a single stride in Perreault's direction. Perfect example of them reacting to the result, and not the action. Clean hit, shoulder down. But man did he get smoked, he needed to protect himself better there.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
It does.

It's a comedy of errors for these refs. Charging? He never took a single stride in Perreault's direction. Perfect example of them reacting to the result, and not the action. Clean hit, shoulder down. But man did he get smoked, he needed to protect himself better there.
I was watching this game when it happened.

Before seeing the replay it looked like a bad hit. Perreault was leaking pretty bad and I assumed, like the refs did, that Gleason hit him in the head. Not until seeing it from several views could you tell it was Perreault's broken stick that cut him. Impossible play for refs to get right.

Dennis Bonvie is offline   Reply With Quote