HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > IIHF World Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
IIHF World Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Jeremy Morin (USA) Shoulder Injury: Report Says It May Be Significant

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-27-2010, 11:46 AM
  #1
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,916
vCash: 500
Jeremy Morin (USA) Shoulder Injury: Report Says It May Be Significant

I just found out he hurt his shoulder and could miss some time. We let him go to the USA WJC team and he was playing well for us when we let him go. If he's missing a significant amount of time, it's a big blow to the USA team and the Blackhawks.


UPDATE:

Quote:
Jeremy Morin sustained a shoulder injury while playing for Team USA in the World Junior Championship.
Although Team USA officials haven't commented on the severity of the issue, TSN's Bob McKenzie tweeted that there is a concern that Morin's injury is "significant." Morin has two goals and three points with Chicago this season. Dec. 27 - 10:44 am et
Source: Chicago Tribune
-Rotoworld





Last edited by Cullksinikers: 12-27-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 11:48 AM
  #2
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,693
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Maybe the US can finally have players pass the puck without him and stop having so many turnovers. I feel bad for the kid, but I'm screaming at him and his play more often than I'm praising it, for sure. Hopefully he can recover, because they will miss his shot.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
I still think there should be a section of people at MSG behind the visiting bench, in curly wigs, and dark rimmed glasses, calling themselves the Pidtophiles. - Zamboner
ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 11:49 AM
  #3
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 24,069
vCash: 500
Pierre McGuire was on Ottawa radio this morning, he used to play with Jeremy's dad and said he spoke to his parents...he made it sound pretty unlikely he plays the rest of the tournament.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 11:53 AM
  #4
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,916
vCash: 500
Wow, the kid is a hard worker and hustles no matter where they put him. His first NHL game was a game in which he blocked a shot from a rediculous angle and left the ice on a brave defensive play by him. He's a good guy, so it sucks to see this happen. Hopefully he can return at the end, but he has other hockey obligations other than this WJC team. He may have a spot on the Hawks to earn back when he returns from the WJC.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 11:53 AM
  #5
Alberta tough
Registered User
 
Alberta tough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Still on top!
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Brock Nelson might be out to. I watched the USA game, but I missed how Morin got hurt. Can someone fill me in on how it happened.

Alberta tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 11:56 AM
  #6
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,660
vCash: 500
I hope this doesn't hurt his future. Still not happy we included him. Kid's going be be a star.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:06 PM
  #7
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 24,069
vCash: 500
What could this mean for a late cut like Brandon Saad?

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:09 PM
  #8
sleeper cab
Registered User
 
sleeper cab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
What could this mean for a late cut like Brandon Saad?
I believe all the rosters are final.

sleeper cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:10 PM
  #9
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
What could this mean for a late cut like Brandon Saad?
Nothing....the rosters were set and frozen just prior to the tourney and no additions are allowed.

Ward Cornell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:15 PM
  #10
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,916
vCash: 500
How did the injury occur?

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:15 PM
  #11
JUICEY*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Maybe the US can finally have players pass the puck without him and stop having so many turnovers. I feel bad for the kid, but I'm screaming at him and his play more often than I'm praising it, for sure. Hopefully he can recover, because they will miss his shot.
Ugghh what? I didn't think that at all when watching Morin last night.

He had that great snipe that was negated.

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:15 PM
  #12
JUICEY*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
How did the injury occur?
I think I read somewhere that he was hit by a puck.

JUICEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:17 PM
  #13
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,693
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICEY View Post
Ugghh what? I didn't think that at all when watching Morin last night.

He had that great snipe that was negated.
That's all he has. A nice shot. The guy does not know how to pass or play without the puck. It's infuriating at times. He has a very small grasp of the hockey basics. A sick shot without much else can only get you so far. The US will miss his shot, for sure. I think we can manage without the other parts of his game.

This will hurt the US a bit, but he can be overcome. God forbid they lost someone like Bjudstad or Kreider. They'd be DOA.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:17 PM
  #14
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICEY View Post
Ugghh what? I didn't think that at all when watching Morin last night.

He had that great snipe that was negated.
Yes, that snipe was pretty good. I always knew he had a great shot, but his flaw has only been his skating. We have a good skating coach in Chicago and he's always working on getting a better stride and getting better speed. Well, just the end of a skate in the crease negated that snipe of a goal. See, if the skate is a few more inches outside the goal, USA may have walked out of the building with three points. The goal would've put us up 3-1.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:18 PM
  #15
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICEY View Post
I think I read somewhere that he was hit by a puck.
He got hit with a puck in the shoulder and he could miss the tournament? Odd.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:19 PM
  #16
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,693
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
****, if Ortio doesn't play like a mad man, we win that game by 4 or so goals.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:20 PM
  #17
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
That's all he has. A nice shot. The guy does not know how to pass or play without the puck. It's infuriating at times. He has a very small grasp of the hockey basics. A sick shot without much else can only get you so far. The US will miss his shot, for sure. I think we can manage without the other parts of his game.

This will hurt the US a bit, but he can be overcome. God forbid they lost someone like Bjudstad or Kreider. They'd be DOA.
Well, you can't form a complete opinion on somebody after one game. Unfortunately, that's all you might be able to judge him on in the WJC. In Chicago he was super physical, a decent deker, good passer, has a nose to get to the dirty areas, an alright skater, and has just a shot from hell. He was great for us at only 19.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:25 PM
  #18
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,693
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Well, you can't form a complete opinion on somebody after one game. Unfortunately, that's all you might be able to judge him on in the WJC. In Chicago he was super physical, a decent deker, good passer, has a nose to get to the dirty areas, an alright skater, and has just a shot from hell. He was great for us at only 19.
I have watched him play many more games than one game. He's played the same since he's been in the USNDP. Shoot first, pass a year later with no defense and mediocre skating. As I said on the Rangers board, he's a less skilled Kessel with less hockey IQ. He shows the same issues this year that he showed last year.

The kid just infuriates at times by giving the puck away and not understanding the basics. His lethal shot is his ticket to the NHL, for sure. I wish the US had more scoring depth to use him as strictly a powerplay specialist, even.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:32 PM
  #19
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,944
vCash: 500
It's hard to read what's going on here. USA Hockey has so far been quiet about both Nelson and Morin. Not sure if that means they're not as injured as we may have been led to believe or if it's too early to tell or it's bad news and they just don't feel like saying it yet even though they can't be replaced. Everyone saw the Nelson injury, although some are saying he come back in the OT period, but I don't remember that but didn't record the game. I don't remember seeing anything with Morin and the rumored shot block is the cause of a devastating shoulder injury is weird.

Team USA is practicing right now though so hopefully we get word soon. Kind of a bummer we left a dynamic center (Grimaldi) home in favor of Callahan considering Allain didn't give Mitch any ice time at all really last night.

__________________
"I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough." - Mark Twain.

Last edited by William H Bonney: 12-27-2010 at 12:40 PM.
William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:40 PM
  #20
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,693
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
It's hard to read what's going on here. USA Hockey has so far been quiet about both Nelson and Morin. Not sure if that means they're not as injured as we may have been led to believe or if it's too early to tell or it's bad news and they just don't feel like saying it yet even though they can't be replaced. Everyone saw the Nelson injury, although some are saying he come back in the OT period, but I don't remember that but didn't record the game. I don't remember seeing anything with Morin and the rumored shot block is the cause of a devastating shoulder injury is weird.

Team USA is practicing right now though so hopefully we get word soon. Kind of a bummer we left a dynamic center (Grimaldi) home in favor of Callahan considering Allain didn't give Mitch any ice time at all really last night.
...and what little ice time he had, he did nothing with.

I'm more disappointed we took Shore than anything. I thought he was atrocious last night.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:46 PM
  #21
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
...and what little ice time he had, he did nothing with.

I'm more disappointed we took Shore than anything. I thought he was atrocious last night.
To be fair to Callahan, or any player, it's tough to make your mark when you can't get in the game. I thought it was weird from Allain because from what I've heard of Callahan's game, it's tailor made for an opponent like Finland.

Shore didn't have a good game but out of the centers, only Bjugstad showed up. I'm not going to write Shore off based on one bad game. I still don't get the line combos though.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:50 PM
  #22
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,693
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
To be fair to Callahan, or any player, it's tough to make your mark when you can't get in the game. I thought it was weird from Allain because from what I've heard of Callahan's game, it's tailor made for an opponent like Finland.

Shore didn't have a good game but out of the centers, only Bjugstad showed up. I'm not going to write Shore off based on one bad game. I still don't get the line combos though.
I thought Coyle played pretty good.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:50 PM
  #23
Holy Jokinen
Registered User
 
Holy Jokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa/Boca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
To be fair to Callahan, or any player, it's tough to make your mark when you can't get in the game. I thought it was weird from Allain because from what I've heard of Callahan's game, it's tailor made for an opponent like Finland.

Shore didn't have a good game but out of the centers, only Bjugstad showed up. I'm not going to write Shore off based on one bad game. I still don't get the line combos though.
Shore definitely had a rough game, but didn't he have some of the most points in the preliminary games? I'm hoping he'll put it together for the next game.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:52 PM
  #24
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I thought Coyle played pretty good.
He had his moments. I'd say he was the next best after Bjugstad, just needs to find his consistency. He'd look great one shift and then invisible the next. He'll get better as the games go on and he acclimates.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 12:54 PM
  #25
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,693
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Yeah, I agree, WHB.

About Shore -- I just don't like his game. I don't think he should even be on the team, really. I don't see what purpose he serves on the team.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.