HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

40th Obsequious Banter Thread: 40 Daze and 40 Knights

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2011, 11:10 AM
IrishSniper87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Jack is at least human I think. Tali, I did try to do something, then she said that she wanted to be the only one. The weird thing is, when I did say she was, she said to go talk to Miranda about it. What got me is, how the **** did she know ? I know, stupid, but funny, confusing and weird. I know it's a game and all, but how did she find out? I don't actually have Jack's loyalty, the only character I didn't get loyalty for. If only Ashley from the first game (didn't play the first game) could of been part of it all still.

To be honest, it is going to be ****ing fun as hell for me since I chose to blow up the base instead of taking it. So I'm sure in the 3rd game I will be chased by both the Reapers/Collectors and Cerberus, also considering I'm pretty much now in a stolen ship.

Who did you end the game with, as in who were your 2 party members? Mine were Miranda and Thane. Thane helps a good bit with a maxed out Squad Shredder ammo.
I was all paragon. I think I blew up the base though. I forget.

I usually rolled with Miranda and Garrus or the Krogan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Over the summer, I was talking about a friend who got pregnant with someone she just moved in with in South Philly and still works at a supermarket while he lost his job. I noted that this was bad news for the child.

She's about 2 weeks out from being due. In the last week she's (now 21) changed her status from "married" to "it's complicated," he won't drive her anywhere and she says things need to change, and none of this supposedly has to do with a child, except for the fact that she wanted to rush the whole relationship by having a baby.

Kid's going to have to grow up to be a lawyer.
I know WAY too many girls who talk baby and they are in their early 20's. Why are girls so eager to have a baby? They are huge financial burdens and are a ****ton of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
The main problem I have in my brief Fifa 11 experience is that players can still be successful playing like idiots. I love that size plays a factor, but knocking a player down without touching the ball with a body check is going to get called more often then not, especially when the guy flops in real life.

Fifa is still a good game, but it kind of annoys me how stoic the game can be at times. I feel like all the assists they allow players to use online can make the game very easy. I guess in a nutshell it just irritates me how easy it is to convert the same cookie cutter goals, mostly because of all the assists they put for crossing and passing.

Love that they fixed the throughball however, and someone who plays the game a lot can probably answer this, but are early low crosses effective in this years game? Always bugged me that I was never able to just bend crosses looking for someone to just get a foot on them. Granted this could be user error also.

NHL to me certainly has it's flaws but for the most part the flaws aren't enough to ruin the experience.
I love FIFA 11 Virtual Pro Clubs. I have turned into an excellent midfielder. My passing % is almost always in the high 70's now. I can adequately play any position on the pitch except goalie, but I seem to play the best as a CM, CAM, or winger. My passing is really good, which is funny, considering it was my biggest problem in NHL 11.

I agree that the game could use some work, but it is a lot of fun when you find the right group of people to play with. Pro Ranked matches are full of ball hogs and idiots who all want to play forward, even if they picked defense. It's annoying.

Old
01-03-2011, 01:39 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post

I usually do as well, but I figured Shredder ammo on organic enemies helps quite a bit. I did LOVE the Nuke Launcher. I wasn't even max level when I beat the game, I was like level 24 or something.

Quote:
I know WAY too many girls who talk baby and they are in their early 20's. Why are girls so eager to have a baby? They are huge financial burdens and are a ****ton of work.
Maybe they bring up the idea because they want you to be financially secure or some **** like that. Maybe they want to see how responsible you are. I'm sure for some, they feel it's some sort of game or test for you, even though they probably don't realize how serious it to not just to have a baby, but to even just have one.

Old
01-03-2011, 01:55 PM
McNasty

Quote:

I love FIFA 11 Virtual Pro Clubs. I have turned into an excellent midfielder. My passing % is almost always in the high 70's now. I can adequately play any position on the pitch except goalie, but I seem to play the best as a CM, CAM, or winger. My passing is really good, which is funny, considering it was my biggest problem in NHL 11.

I agree that the game could use some work, but it is a lot of fun when you find the right group of people to play with. Pro Ranked matches are full of ball hogs and idiots who all want to play forward, even if they picked defense. It's annoying.
I was a pretty solid passer in 10, I've always been an attacking mid fielder, but my main strength was set pieces. All gaming communities that sport team play are the same, if you play with random people everyone wants to be the superstar but when you find a good group of people to play with it's a lot of fun.

How is defending in Fifa? I hated how easily it was to be successful just by charging the ball, granted a great deal of that was everyone's over reliance on the sprint button.

Old
01-03-2011, 02:08 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Maybe they bring up the idea because they want you to be financially secure or some **** like that. Maybe they want to see how responsible you are. I'm sure for some, they feel it's some sort of game or test for you, even though they probably don't realize how serious it to not just to have a baby, but to even just have one.
It is because they legitimately want to have a child. Humans are programmed to reproduce at age 13 when we hit adolescence, so at 19 their biological clocks are already ticking.

The notion of having children in your late 20's or even early 30's is a relatively new concept due to artificially enhanced life spans and the women's movement pushing women to go to school and work rather than become mothers and wives.

Old
01-04-2011, 01:16 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
My ex tried the "Let's have a baby" thing with me, myself being 21 and her being 19. We had been together for 3 years so I suppose it wasn't rushing the relationship, but it sure as **** was rushing our lives. Suffice to say that was one of the many reasons she is currently an ex.

Overall, that guy sounds like a complete dbag/deadbeat, though, I doubt the ******* even will pay child support (which I recently found out there are certain legal loopholes a man can go through to avoid this payment without legal retaliation). I feel for the girl because I know waaaaay too many single moms in their early 20s and, trust me, she is going to REGRET that decision to have a baby when she has to work full time at that supermarket to afford ramen noodles, baby formula and a rundown apartment in a seedy neighborhood.

Hopefully she handles this regret well and doesn't facilitate the feelings to her child, though, because that is something that I have seen far too often as well. Some of these young mothers go as far as to blame the child not only for their ****** lives, but also the ending of their relationship, neither of which are fair for the baby and usually results in an extra ****** childhood (even beyond being poverty stricken as young, single mothers 99% of the time are.)

Anyway, I hope everything works out for her, but you will have to excuse me if I don't have the upmost faith that it will, having been jaded by seeing this movie far too many times before.
They're both a pain in the ass. I've seen first hand that she treats him like crap too, and it's his house and his parents they're living with, so he's got nowhere to hide anyways, and she is all drama to begin with.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
01-04-2011, 10:18 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Anyone know when the Barber and Clarke banner nights are? I thought the dates were released somewhere.

edit: nevermind

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63886

Old
01-04-2011, 11:28 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I was a pretty solid passer in 10, I've always been an attacking mid fielder, but my main strength was set pieces. All gaming communities that sport team play are the same, if you play with random people everyone wants to be the superstar but when you find a good group of people to play with it's a lot of fun.

How is defending in Fifa? I hated how easily it was to be successful just by charging the ball, granted a great deal of that was everyone's over reliance on the sprint button.
Set pieces are not a strength of mine. I have no problem taking corners, it's easy to send it backpost just out of reach of the goalie, but free kicks are pretty much a guaranteed miss. In all the games of FIFA 10 and 11 I have played, I've scored once on a free kick that I took. I have buried some nice volleys and headers off free kicks, but only one I took myself has found the back of the net. (Granted I take very few, it defaults to the highest rated players or something, which I am not, my CAM is an 80 Overall).

Quote:
It is because they legitimately want to have a child. Humans are programmed to reproduce at age 13 when we hit adolescence, so at 19 their biological clocks are already ticking.

The notion of having children in your late 20's or even early 30's is a relatively new concept due to artificially enhanced life spans and the women's movement pushing women to go to school and work rather than become mothers and wives.
True, but it seems so odd to me. I know girls who have little to no money, no job, no stability and they are STILL obsessed with babies. It's ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
They're both a pain in the ass. I've seen first hand that she treats him like crap too, and it's his house and his parents they're living with, so he's got nowhere to hide anyways, and she is all drama to begin with.
Yikes, the signs of a succubus/airhead are all there

-trap a man in a relationship by "accidentally" getting knocked up
-treat said man like **** because he cant go anywhere, and if he does, he still will end up paying you child support
-kind of person who doesnt just love watching drama, she loves starting it and being in the middle of drama
-makes major life changing decisions before the age of 23 likes it's no big thing (I say 23 applying to kiddies of today, not previous generations. In the college crowd, getting married after school is still common, but the opinion on marriage at those ages is very ... low)

Old
01-04-2011, 11:40 AM
kicksave27

Quote:
Though interestingly enough, most of the people I went to college with had parents who had them later in life.

Old
01-04-2011, 11:48 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
Though interestingly enough, most of the people I went to college with had parents who had them later in life.
When I was born, pops was 50 and mom was 35.

So yeah, I completely agree that this isn't exactly a "new" thing. However, it depends on what you define as new, since Agrudez took our evolutionary biology into account, which has been largely unchanged for tens of thousands of years (if not longer).

Old
01-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
When I was born, pops was 50 and mom was 35.

So yeah, I completely agree that this isn't exactly a "new" thing. However, it depends on what you define as new, since Agrudez took our evolutionary biology into account, which has been largely unchanged for tens of thousands of years (if not longer).
Good for pops!

Old
01-04-2011, 12:03 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
My Parents were both 32 or 33 when I was born

Old
01-04-2011, 12:15 PM
SolidSnakeUS

My mom was 36 when she had me and my dad was 35. So yeah, my mom turned 60 on the 29th of Dec.

Old
01-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:

Not really sure how to take that.... lol

Old
01-04-2011, 01:06 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post

Not really sure how to take that.... lol
Haha, certainly not as an insult! I am all for women's rights.

However, it is a fact that the rise in age of the average parent for their first child has seen a direct correlation with the rise of women in the workplace over the past century.

Not only does it become impractical for a woman in school or working a 40+ hour a week job to become pregnant and essentially put her life on hold until the child is in kindergarten (or at the very least for 9 months if she is lucky enough to have a support group to aid her in caring for the child), but it is also much harder to conceive due to conflicting work schedules of partners and added responsibilities when both partners work.

Old
01-04-2011, 02:46 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
Good for pops!
Yeah, I hear he refused to settle down and had tons of hot gf's. Married at 45, first kid at 50, second kid at 52.

Good genes!

Old
01-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Haha, certainly not as an insult! I am all for women's rights.

However, it is a fact that the rise in age of the average parent for their first child has seen a direct correlation with the rise of women in the workplace over the past century.

Not only does it become impractical for a woman in school or working a 40+ hour a week job to become pregnant and essentially put her life on hold until the child is in kindergarten (or at the very least for 9 months if she is lucky enough to have a support group to aid her in caring for the child), but it is also much harder to conceive due to conflicting work schedules of partners and added responsibilities when both partners work.
Hahah...ok.. it was the "push" statement that got me wondering. I completely fall into this category - but more as a choice than being pushed. All true though.. and so far - extremely happy I chose that route.

Old
01-04-2011, 03:00 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Here is something hilarious:

Link

Old
01-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Set pieces are not a strength of mine. I have no problem taking corners, it's easy to send it backpost just out of reach of the goalie, but free kicks are pretty much a guaranteed miss. In all the games of FIFA 10 and 11 I have played, I've scored once on a free kick that I took. I have buried some nice volleys and headers off free kicks, but only one I took myself has found the back of the net. (Granted I take very few, it defaults to the highest rated players or something, which I am not, my CAM is an 80 Overall).
About the set pieces hold in up during your kick even when the camera changes still hold on to up. It spins the ball so you can shoot over the wall and it will dip back down. With my virtual pro I am okay at set pieces I hit a lot of cross bars I just need a little more in my stats. With good players online I can net some pretty nice goals. Del Piero being one of the best set piece takers in the game helps me out a lot because I use Juventus.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:30 AM
CavemanLawyer

These threads shall be my normal ranting thread - *lurk mode - off* rant ahead -

So my ex is now going around spreading lies about me saying I broke up with her because I was a scum bag (bzzt) who treated her like **** (bzzzt) and I broke up with her because she wouldn't have sex with me until she was ready (BZzzTZTZTZTT *buzzer shattered*). You can read about it on facebook since some people here are friends with me there! haha.

Now heres the facts - 1) I did everything for her and really liked her. She told me she was a virgin (LOL) so I said its ok and we should take our time with sex and all that if thats that case just so ya know, shes ready and emotionally stable for everything and all that and doesn't ending up sitting in a corner crying afterwords covered in blood. Total opposite of what shes claiming.

but in the end, she was fooling around with other guys at parties. Oh shes gay, so having sex with girls also. Double kill. Head shot. </Quake announcer dude>

2) She then started to blow me off for things, events we planned to go to, just really ignoring me and such. Finally ended when she stood me up at my brothers wedding, even after I checked in 2 days before to make sure she was coming. So I then broke up with her (I then learned about the other things later).

Now even after all that I decided to just dissolve the relationship and be friends with her, shes a very cool person, so i was like I'll be friends and whatever. So yes we still talk about once a week or so about things, work, school, life etc. ****, she even apologized and we thought we should give it another shot, but then school and everyone's busy and we just threw that idea out the window.

How i found out these lies shes spreading is equally hilarious. She was talking to a friend of a friend of a friend of mine and some reason started saying all these lies and it just somehow worked its way back to me. So it wasn't like she was getting back at me, she had no idea this person knew me, I mean I barely even know the person at all. And it wasn't just this one person, she was telling EVERYONE these lies. Just name dropping me like crazy and bad mouthing me with insane ****ing lies non stop. Like I REALLY hurt her, when in fact it was the other way around...

So why are girls ****ing ********? How should I throw this in her face? I REALLY want to post the text messages where she openly admitted to my friend she was sleeping with other people at parties and stuff. REALLY want to post the stuff where she was calling me names and making up lies on my facebook page about me sleeping with strippers (I wish...). I know I shouldn't do that, I'm too ****ing nice and ****... Ugh.

I'm still friends with her on facebook so I created a mean status attacking her but... Now HFposters have turned it into a hockey discussion. So in summary the thread goes 'Quit spreading lies, you child' to 'How about Leighton!?'. But I have a feeling that wont be enough, I need more vigilante justice... Steve McQueen and Charles Bronson style... Or maybe just sleep and wake up forgetting her like usual! Yeah that's the plan.

Anyway I'm FINALLY back on my PS3 after it was at my brothers for a year. Trying to 100% Sonic 4. Add me or some ****- ZyklonZX. I'm drunk, wooo. Man I gotta hit 1000 posts soon.

*lurk mode - on*

Old
01-05-2011, 12:45 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer View Post
These threads shall be my normal ranting thread - *lurk mode - off* rant ahead -

So my ex is now going around spreading lies about me saying I broke up with her because I was a scum bag (bzzt) who treated her like **** (bzzzt) and I broke up with her because she wouldn't have sex with me until she was ready (BZzzTZTZTZTT *buzzer shattered*). You can read about it on facebook since some people here are friends with me there! haha.

Now heres the facts - 1) I did everything for her and really liked her. She told me she was a virgin (LOL) so I said its ok and we should take our time with sex and all that if thats that case just so ya know, shes ready and emotionally stable for everything and all that and doesn't ending up sitting in a corner crying afterwords covered in blood. Total opposite of what shes claiming.

but in the end, she was fooling around with other guys at parties. Oh shes gay, so having sex with girls also. Double kill. Head shot. </Quake announcer dude>

2) She then started to blow me off for things, events we planned to go to, just really ignoring me and such. Finally ended when she stood me up at my brothers wedding, even after I checked in 2 days before to make sure she was coming. So I then broke up with her (I then learned about the other things later).

Now even after all that I decided to just dissolve the relationship and be friends with her, shes a very cool person, so i was like I'll be friends and whatever. So yes we still talk about once a week or so about things, work, school, life etc. ****, she even apologized and we thought we should give it another shot, but then school and everyone's busy and we just threw that idea out the window.

How i found out these lies shes spreading is equally hilarious. She was talking to a friend of a friend of a friend of mine and some reason started saying all these lies and it just somehow worked its way back to me. So it wasn't like she was getting back at me, she had no idea this person knew me, I mean I barely even know the person at all. And it wasn't just this one person, she was telling EVERYONE these lies. Just name dropping me like crazy and bad mouthing me with insane ****ing lies non stop. Like I REALLY hurt her, when in fact it was the other way around...

So why are girls ****ing ********? How should I throw this in her face? I REALLY want to post the text messages where she openly admitted to my friend she was sleeping with other people at parties and stuff. REALLY want to post the stuff where she was calling me names and making up lies on my facebook page about me sleeping with strippers (I wish...). I know I shouldn't do that, I'm too ****ing nice and ****... Ugh.

I'm still friends with her on facebook so I created a mean status attacking her but... Now HFposters have turned it into a hockey discussion. So in summary the thread goes 'Quit spreading lies, you child' to 'How about Leighton!?'. But I have a feeling that wont be enough, I need more vigilante justice... Steve McQueen and Charles Bronson style... Or maybe just sleep and wake up forgetting her like usual! Yeah that's the plan.

Anyway I'm FINALLY back on my PS3 after it was at my brothers for a year. Trying to 100% Sonic 4. Add me or some ****- ZyklonZX. I'm drunk, wooo. Man I gotta hit 1000 posts soon.

*lurk mode - on*
In all honesty, I'd put the text on Facebook. If you have nothing to lose but to gain her anger (and you feeling better), then I'd say go for it, and have a laugh with it. Let everyone know she's a easy **** who probably by this point is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway or something. At this point, if you have no real big friends of yours that are still attached to her, I'd say just burn her. I know it's childish, but if it makes you feel better, I'd say do it. Or maybe make a "sand in your vagina" joke or something .

Old
01-05-2011, 01:36 AM
six sigma
Thank you Kimmo

And suddenly, I appreciate how sane and (mostly) rational my wife is compared to most. What a crapshoot dating must be these days.

Old
01-05-2011, 02:09 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by six sigma View Post
And suddenly, I appreciate how sane and (mostly) rational my wife is compared to most. What a crapshoot dating must be these days.
******** is the new "in" thing.

Old
01-05-2011, 02:21 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
My mom was 36 when she had me and my dad was 35. So yeah, my mom turned 60 on the 29th of Dec.
My mom was also 36 when she had me, but I was also the last of 7 kids for her. Yikes! See what being of Irish/Catholic descent does to you?

I, of course have no children, nor do I have plans to have any. Can't stand the little buggers.

Old
01-05-2011, 04:48 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
My mom was also 36 when she had me, but I was also the last of 7 kids for her. Yikes! See what being of Irish/Catholic descent does to you?

I, of course have no children, nor do I have plans to have any. Can't stand the little buggers.
They are alright when cooked well.

Old
01-05-2011, 04:51 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer View Post

So my ex is now going around spreading lies about me saying I broke up with her because I was a scum bag (bzzt) who treated her like **** (bzzzt) and I broke up with her because she wouldn't have sex with me until she was ready (BZzzTZTZTZTT *buzzer shattered*).
Sounds like a pretty legit reason to me.

Closed Thread