HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban/Plekanec altercation

Old
12-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I don't see how a quote from Martin/Gionta proves anything really. What did you expect Gionta to say : "Well, Subban was being a ****ing brat all practice and Plekanec snapped. We're all tired of him really."

Of course he's going to say exactly what you just read. Quotes from the mild mannered coach/captain never mean anything. They feed the medias non controversial BS.

That said, it's probably nothing. But I wouldn't take Gionta's word for it.
Exactly how I feel (about the above quote).

Some players save the ''National Enquirer'' stuff for when/if they play later on for another team or when they retire and write a book (if anyone out there is interested enough in reading it). In other words...we will never know 100% of what really happened...only the players know...we need a watcha-ma-callit...a fan/spy who can get to the inside to know all the true info!!

Gionta said what 99% of NHL captains would have said.
It's the NHL...you can't really say what you want to, or else Colin Campbell will suspend you (ex: not a great example, but...when Avery mentioned Phaneuf was going for ''sloppy seconds'' ; is there no freedom of speech in the NHL?! it's kinda like John McEnroe...like him, hate him, despise him...he was great for tennis).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 08:26 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Maybe I should just stay home. LOL

The last time I was away for a holiday Subban and Plekanec had an altercation. Now I am away again and the same thing has happened.

Don't know what to make of the whole Subban situation right now other than to say it's frustrating. And I don't know who to be frustrated at - the coach, Subban, his teammates? The only thing I do know is this team needs him to be a team player and learn as quickly as possible.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 08:56 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Because he's been paired with Picard, who hasn't got a clue. Why don't you get over yourself?

Subban was fine when we were winning and then martin singles him out for the teams insuccess.
Yeah it's all Picards fault, despite the fact it's PK making terrible pinches and ridiculous turnovers. You're a PK homer and nothing he could ever do would upset you.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I don't see how a quote from Martin/Gionta proves anything really. What did you expect Gionta to say : "Well, Subban was being a ****ing brat all practice and Plekanec snapped. We're all tired of him really."

Of course he's going to say exactly what you just read. Quotes from the mild mannered coach/captain never mean anything. They feed the medias non controversial BS.

I guess people will read what THEY want to read in spite of what the individuals concerned are saying...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:03 AM
JrHockeyFan

If one just reads between the lines and reads some of the quotes surrounding all this stuff, it seems that PK is simply dialing it up in practice because he is benched. His version of dialing it up might bother some. I expect the checks are hard and being finished. Action along the boards aggressive. Plenty of "in your face" kind of activity

So PK is working hard at trying to get back in the lineup, which makes sense. Perhaps some of the guys resent lots of "game-style" energy in day to day practices, which to a point also makes sense. Especially if they have some aches or pains

Some guys are going to resent what PK is doing, but they should realize he has to do it to get his job back. They probably do, but in the heat of the moment, they react instead. In the case of Laps he should react more in games. The guy has been useless

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:15 AM
MTL-rules

Oh boy... really the PK love has gone way too far...

"It's good he's finishing his checks in pratice, it shows he wants to play"... can't wait for the day he would injure Plekanec with one of his useless practice checks... I already see the apologists : "Pleks is too soft, we need to trade him... PK for captain !"

I'd like to know what all the people that were calling for Markov to be traded earlier in the season are thinking now... remember how we could afford to trade him for picks and prospects and it wouldn't change a thing because PK was as good if not better than him.

There's a bunch of posters here that just refuse to see reality and live in a fantasy world where PK is a stud d-man. He's young, people, there's a lot of growing to do for him to become a solid Top 4 d-man. The tools are there, let's hope he develops them correctly.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:31 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Oh boy... really the PK love has gone way too far...

"It's good he's finishing his checks in pratice, it shows he wants to play"... can't wait for the day he would injure Plekanec with one of his useless practice checks... I already see the apologists : "Pleks is too soft, we need to trade him... PK for captain !"

I'd like to know what all the people that were calling for Markov to be traded earlier in the season are thinking now... remember how we could afford to trade him for picks and prospects and it wouldn't change a thing because PK was as good if not better than him.

There's a bunch of posters here that just refuse to see reality and live in a fantasy world where PK is a stud d-man. He's young, people, there's a lot of growing to do for him to become a solid Top 4 d-man. The tools are there, let's hope he develops them correctly.
Well the reality is that 99% of what all of are writing here is conjecture and personal opinion. None of us were at practice. None of us saw what happened. What started those fights?

Perhaps Pleks needs to step things up a bit. Maybe Laps was just being the jerk that he typically is during games. We can't tell

PK made some dumb moves during games and he is paying for that. But whether you want to blame immaturity or something else, at least PK is working hard all the time. Not sure I can say the same for some of the vets

It's not about "PK love". It's about being reasonable in evaluating what is going on

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Why do fans and media need someone to pound on every year? The last couple of years it was Carey Price. This year, it seems to be Picard and Subban. What's in the water in Montreal? Are they addicted to negativity or something???

Old
12-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Erik Estrada
Nik Scherbak

I disagree with those that say this is only just 2 guys being intense in practice. 2 guys being intense in practice is Cammaleri vs Gorges, Metropolit vs Moen, Cammaleri vs Lapierre, etc...

1-This has happened before between the 2 players.
2-The simmering dislike between the 2 players has been talked about in the interim.
3-Plekanec was probably one of the vets that lobbied JM to sit Subban.

Despite really liking both players, I won't be deluding myself to think this is nothing.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:

OK....I'll just take your word over the word of the Captain or the Coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
I disagree with those that say this is only just 2 guys being intense in practice. 2 guys being intense in practice is Cammaleri vs Gorges, Metropolit vs Moen, Cammaleri vs Lapierre, etc...

1-This has happened before between the 2 players.
2-The simmering dislike between the 2 players has been talked about in the interim.
3-Plekanec was probably one of the vets that lobbied JM to sit Subban.

Despite really liking both players, I won't be deluding myself to think this is nothing.
You mentioned Cammalleri's name twice for altercations with teammates. What a poison! Scratch him for such disrespect! Send him to the minors! He's not doing things the "Christian Way".

It's funny how so many people who have never played a sport at a competitive level are experts on altercations that take place in practice.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:25 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

This is not football P.K. , grow the **** up

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
awesome lolllll

Old
12-28-2010, 11:26 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
You mentioned Cammalleri's name twice for altercations with teammates. What a poison! Scratch him for such disrespect! Send him to the minors! He's not doing things the "Christian Way".
Couldnt agree more , except for the sarcasm and christian part.

Old
12-28-2010, 11:28 AM
ChoseLa

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
That's not necessarily true. I've studied bullying and people can gang-up on someone who has done absolutely nothing. Not saying that this is the case, but it is possible that some just don't like his guts... just saying.
Stop. People dont bully someone they like.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:43 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
Excellence.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Stop. People dont bully someone they like.
You missed the point. Re-read the comment I was quoting and take my comment into that context.

Old
12-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Erik Estrada
Nik Scherbak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
It's funny how so many people who have never played a sport at a competitive level are experts on altercations that take place in practice.
I guess it's fair game to pick and choose characteristics to project on the virtual identities of others to make your arguments.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 12:50 PM
8BostonRocker24

Bruins Fan

Big PK fan, but (IMO) the problem is he's playing in practice the same way he does in games. The way he plays in games is great, I like his game... but you can't play that way in practice. These are your teammates, stop pissing them off.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 12:55 PM
THE HOFF

doesn't that justify the criticisms subban received in the last month ? not only has he lost any kind of composure on the ice lately...

but the fact that he keeps going at it...during practice... with plekanec ?

how do you think that translates in the room ? This won't split the room in half or in groups at all... it'll isolate subban some more, and righfully so. who can proudly stand next to a guy that is consistently involved in cat fights during practice with our best player (and work ethic model) ? answer ; no one.

Plekanec walked the walk to get where he is... there is no deying that. the mere fact that his only altercations are happening with subban is very irritating ...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Big PK fan, but (IMO) the problem is he's playing in practice the same way he does in games. The way he plays in games is great, I like his game... but you can't play that way in practice. These are your teammates, stop pissing them off.
The thing is when you are judged at not being good enough to play the games, well you do have to practice harder. I mean everybody in this team aren't afraid of being replaced at some point. And clearly even if guys like Picard and Weber were scared of being replaced, they don't seem to have the mentality of roughing up some guys to prove something. Subban does.

So to play games, you need to practice hard. Like I said before, if everybody from this freakin team would practice as hard, the contacts in it would be regular stuff. Now that this cute team is not roughing up anybody 'cause actually nobody in that team can....only Subban seems to overdo it while I would expect such passion from every freakin player of a team desperately needing to get out of that slump. "Time for a Boudreau type of speech...."

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The thing is when you are judged at not being good enough to play the games, well you do have to practice harder. I mean everybody in this team aren't afraid of being replaced at some point. And clearly even if guys like Picard and Weber were scared of being replaced, they don't seem to have the mentality of roughing up some guys to prove something. Subban does.

So to play games, you need to practice hard. Like I said before, if everybody from this freakin team would practice as hard, the contacts in it would be regular stuff. Now that this cute team is not roughing up anybody 'cause actually nobody in that team can....only Subban seems to overdo it while I would expect such passion from every freakin player of a team desperately needing to get out of that slump. "Time for a Boudreau type of speech...."
and on top of that media point out PK but Cammalleri,AK,Pouliot,Darche and Lappy all got in altercation at some point yesterday.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 01:02 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

While I dont disagree with your post as a whole, when the guy you seems to have a problem with is one of the very few who goes 100% all the time there's more to it than just "practicing hard" IMO.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Just like with the utilisation of Picard, there is only one person who should have the finger pointed at him in this whole mess, and it's Jacques Martin more than the player.

He had a message to send? You first try to cut the kid's ice time. If it continues, you sit him one game, not 3 in a row! Since then, PK is eating the boards and he's playing very nervously. He's a freakin' rookie so yes, he'll make mistakes, what does he expect? Doesn't he think that Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and Tyler Myers don't make mistakes or don't stretch their shifts from time to time?

So the kid is trying to find ways to get back in the line-up by being intense in practice when the team is slumping! Shame on him!