HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Subban/Plekanec altercation

Old
12-29-2010, 02:00 PM
AllCanadienFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teflondon View Post
By the way, I have watched the post-game show on RDS "L'antichambre" last night; they showed some footage of the altercation. On the video, it is 100% clear that its Plekanec that went after Subban, Subban was playing close in front of the net and Plekanec just went on a slashing and crosscheck party. After a few hits Subban turned around, like: "Are you serious??" and Plekanec continue, that's when Subban defended himself...he did NOT instigate like must "yahoos" on the net, are assuming..

Get the facts right folks...long live PK!!

TD
Now it all makes sense. Plekanic, with a history of being an aggressor and agitator, picking on a laid back guy like Subban, who never says anything to upset anyone. Thanks for the info.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
Now it all makes sense. Plekanic, with a history of being an aggressor and agitator, picking on a laid back guy like Subban, who never says anything to upset anyone. Thanks for the info.
You missed his point. It's not to put the blame on Plekanec, but rather to show that the story was blown out of proportion.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 02:35 PM
teflondon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
You missed his point. It's not to put the blame on Plekanec, but rather to show that the story was blown out of proportion.
That's correct...
Its disappointing that the media chose not to change their headlines.
No one put the mic in Plekanec's face and asked him: "Why were you hacking on PK out there?" Poor guy..has to answer all these questions as if he did something wrong.

On the same post-game show, one panel member said as he was leaving the locker room, he overheard PK say to Pacioretty "I don't even want the puck anymore"... The way we treat our potential young superstar here in MTL is sad...why dont Gionta and Gomez get blamed for our losses, blame PK its easier, "he's young and flashy he needs to learn"..too sad...

teflondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 02:38 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
That's correct...
No one put the mic in Plekanec's face and asked him: "Why were you hacking on PK out there?" Poor guy..has to answer all these questions as if he did something wrong.

On the same post-game show, one panel member said as he was leaving the locker room, he overheard PK say to Pacioretty "I don't even want the puck anymore"... The way we treat our potential young superstar here in MTL is sad...why dont Gionta and Gomez get blamed for our losses, blame PK its easier, "he's young and flashy he needs to learn"..too sad...
well, the other side is : he'S young and flashy so he can do whatever he wants...

much better right ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 02:42 PM
teflondon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
well, the other side is : he'S young and flashy so he can do whatever he wants...

much better right ?
That's what I dont get...where do people get that he does whatever he wants??
Just because one "classy" player like Mike Richards says something...everyone jumps on the "PK is cocky, needs to respect the game" bandwagon...please do your research

Old
12-29-2010, 02:44 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Just because one "classy" player like Mike Richards says something...everyone jumps on the "PK is cocky, needs to respect the game" bandwagon...please do your research
havent you read anything on HF the last few weeks ?

Old
12-29-2010, 02:48 PM
teflondon

Quote:
havent you read anything on HF the last few weeks ?
That does not mean is all accurate my friend...
That's my point...no one REALLY knows.
Most people are blaming PK everytime he is on the ice, and there is a goal..its just getting ridiculous is what I saying...Cammy is not scoring, Picard, Gill and Weber are not at their best and who do we blame...PK.. come on..

Old
12-29-2010, 02:51 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
That does not mean is all accurate my friend...
That's my point...no one REALLY knows.
Most people are blaming PK everytime he is on the ice, and there is a goal..its just getting ridiculous is what I saying...Cammy is not scoring, Picard, Gill and Weber are not at their best and who do we blame...PK.. come on..

So, whould we pretend he's not making any mistakes cause others arent doing great ?

Is that what they're teaching in schools now : did something wrong, blame someone else ?

Old
12-29-2010, 03:56 PM
teflondon

Quote:
So, whould we pretend he's not making any mistakes cause others arent doing great ?

Is that what they're teaching in schools now : did something wrong, blame someone else ?
No, what I am saying is let's question Weber's mistake on the first goal.
Let's question why Gomez did not bother to cover Green on the second.
Mistakes are made by everyone out there especially since we've been losing..but us fans seem to blame PK for everything...anyways let's change the subject...why is Price starting again tomorrow against TBL? He won't have no mojo left come playoff time..

Old
12-29-2010, 04:04 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
That's correct...

Maybe because PK was yet again directly responsible for a goal against yesterday ?

What is it with fans trying to turn PK (or other players) into somekind of fetish... It's the team who's important not the player...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Maybe because PK was yet again directly responsible for a goal against yesterday ?

What is it with fans trying to turn PK (or other players) into somekind of fetish... It's the team who's important not the player...
And Weber wasn't responsible for another goal? And Picard? And Gill? And Spacek? Worse, the last two are veterans!

The media and their followsheep (followship) are quick at wanting to find a scapegoat (or spacegoat, whichever you want ) and they drill him to the ground as fast as they can!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 06:40 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Sorry, that was the point I was trying to sarcastically make as well.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
And Weber wasn't responsible for another goal? And Picard? And Gill? And Spacek? Worse, the last two are veterans!

The media and their followsheep (followship) are quick at wanting to find a scapegoat (or spacegoat, whichever you want ) and they drill him to the ground as fast as they can!
Martin, Muller, Pearn and Habs veterans are all in the media now??

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
PK was cocky even before the Richards thing and it didn't stop him from playing well. That's the way he plays and shouldn't change for anyone. Now on the other hand, Plekanec is a leader on this team and if he doesn't like something the kid is doing on and off the ice then he should pull him aside and talk to him, no need for this crap in practices

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote