HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

2011-2012 OOT Around the NHL Thread Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2011, 12:18 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
The playoffs are a long way away. Right now I'm getting friggin pissed off about all their winning.

4-3 Canucks in the 3rd.
Don't let it get you worked up. They can have their victories now, it's not going to lead to a cup or anything, so it doesnt matter.

Old
01-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Playoffs...
The Canucks have never looked this good before. They are among the top in all major catagories and have all the peices to go on a deep playoff run.

Only losing to Detroit would be considered acceptable in Vancouver at this point. Things can change between now and then but as much as this might hurt for you to say but Vancouver has a real good chance to go deep and there's no reason to think they can't do it.

The Canucks have NEVER been this good but you're a rival so it's obviously going to be difficult for you to believe this team could go deep and win it all.

I can admit that I'm not fully convinced that Oilers management will be able to take this franchise and build it in a cup contender and there's no doubt a big reason why is because you're a rival and I want to see it to believe it.

Old
01-04-2011, 01:35 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
The Canucks have never looked this good before. They are among the top in all major catagories and have all the peices to go on a deep playoff run.

Only losing to Detroit would be considered acceptable in Vancouver at this point. Things can change between now and then but as much as this might hurt for you to say but Vancouver has a real good chance to go deep and there's no reason to think they can't do it.

The Canucks have NEVER been this good but you're a rival so it's obviously going to be difficult for you to believe this team could go deep and win it all.

I can admit that I'm not fully convinced that Oilers management will be able to take this franchise and build it in a cup contender and there's no doubt a big reason why is because you're a rival and I want to see it to believe it.
It's difficult for me to believe you could go deep and win it all because it's never happened. Every year we hear how this is the canucks year, and it never is. No reason to believe otherwise until it happens.

But this isn't a thread about the Canucks. Your team was mentioned in passing. There is no need for you and your fellow nuck fans to come and "educate" us about exactly how good you guys are and why this year is different

Old
01-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Every year we hear about how "this year is different" from Canucks fans. It should be the club motto.

Old
01-04-2011, 04:12 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Unlike a lot of Oilers fans, i believe the Canucks will go very deep this year. They have never been this good. They've built depth on all 4 lines, defensive units and goaltending.

Old
01-04-2011, 04:33 PM
HemskyToHall*

Not true I guess, their forwards need a bit of help. And hasn't Keith been the Sedins's kyptonite? If Sedins are not producing the Nucks won't go far and the Sedins always disappoint in the playoffs with the exception of last season.

Their defense pairings look elite tho, not gonna lie. When you have 5 #3 D-man on your team, that's a pretty stacked defense.

Old
01-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Quote:
Every year we hear about how "this year is different" from Canucks fans. It should be the club motto.
Except for the fact, that this team is the deepest, and easily the best team the canucks have EVER assembled.

In a normal voice, you tell me what our biggest weakness is?.

#1 offense
#1 PP
#3 PK
#1 Faceoff's

Stacked defense, stacked offense.

Honestly, the only question mark we have is our goaltending IN the playoffs.

If luongo plays well in the playoffs, I would be shocked if we don't make it, to the west final at the very least.

Another small thing that is scary about this team, is that salo is coming back soon. And when he is healthy(Which is a BIG IF) He is arguably our BEST d-man on the roster. Our top 6 would look like this.

Edler(#1b)-Ehrhoff(#1b)
Hamhuis(#2b)-Bieksa(#3b)
Sami(#1b/2a)-Ballard(#3b)

Rome(#6b)/Alberts(#6a)

That's not me being a homer, that's just my honest opinion on our hockey team.

Quote:
Not true I guess, their forwards need a bit of help. And hasn't Keith been the Sedins's kyptonite? If Sedins are not producing the Nucks won't go far and the Sedins always disappoint in the playoffs with the exception of last season.

Their defense pairings look elite tho, not gonna lie. When you have 5 #3 D-man on your team, that's a pretty stacked defense.
If hemsky starts liking our team, you know this might be the year

Last edited by Lucbourdon: 01-04-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old
01-04-2011, 07:17 PM
HemskyToHall*

NP, their 2nd and 3rd lines need work imo, other then that they should make a good run.

Old
01-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
NP, their 2nd and 3rd lines need work imo, other then that they should make a good run.
haha ya, It's kinda odd tho Hem.

On paper you look at our offense, and think...Well it's not THAT great. The 1st line is great, and kesler is great, but tambo? Hansen? on the 2nd line...Makes you wonder.

But for some reason, the chemistry is clicking like never before, the speed is very evident with our 2nd line, and well our 3rd line is well advertised. (Malholtra has been way to good this year, his faceoff's and PK skills have been so damn useful).

I think the canucks will make a trade deadline deal, and upgrade there bottom 6 or maybe combine a package and get another solid second liner.

PS - I have money on the oilers today, make it happen lol

Old
01-04-2011, 07:42 PM
HemskyToHall*

Yes, but I just have a feeling that the same chemistry won't mesh in the playoffs, it's more of a tight checking system with a lot more trapping. I think that will make Kesler, Tambellini, Raymond, Samuelsson,etc disappear offensively. imo

Ehrhoff, Edler,Sedin, Sedin, Burrows on the ice will be a major puck possession line on the ice and will frustrate teams.

I am not sold on Kesler's line, however, I don't think he can lead a line in the playoffs. They need to get him some wingers that will support him both ways of the ice, he can only do so much by himself.

Malhotra, Torres, Hansen, prototypical energy line that will become more valuable during the playoffs, reminds me of Pisani-Peca-Torres a bit.

The 4th line I do not know about to be honest, so I can't comment.

Having 6 top 4 D-man for a playoff run will be the turning factor which separates them from 'meh' to elite. This along with the Sedins are the biggest strengths.

Then there is the Luongo factor, at times he'll look like Hextall in his prime, other times you'll see shades of Cloutier, it's up to him which one wants to show up.

Always nice Luc to see you here, cheers.

Old
01-04-2011, 07:42 PM
HemskyToHall*

BTW not trying to be a smartass, but why the hell would you pick the Oilers over the wings?

Old
01-04-2011, 07:43 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

NJ tied after 2. I hope they pick up at least a point tonight.

Scoreless between Tampa and the Caps after 2. Roli with 26 saves so far.

Old
01-04-2011, 08:01 PM
HemskyToHall*

Yup Roli has been amazing, I've been watching.

Old
01-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Except for the fact, that this team is the deepest, and easily the best team the canucks have EVER assembled.

In a normal voice, you tell me what our biggest weakness is?.

#1 offense
#1 PP
#3 PK
#1 Faceoff's

Stacked defense, stacked offense.

Honestly, the only question mark we have is our goaltending IN the playoffs.

If luongo plays well in the playoffs, I would be shocked if we don't make it, to the west final at the very least.

Another small thing that is scary about this team, is that salo is coming back soon. And when he is healthy(Which is a BIG IF) He is arguably our BEST d-man on the roster. Our top 6 would look like this.

Edler(#1b)-Ehrhoff(#1b)
Hamhuis(#2b)-Bieksa(#3b)

Rome(#6b)/Alberts(#6a)

That's not me being a homer, that's just my honest opinion on our hockey team.
I'm not sure why we have to put up with Canucks fans incessant "OMIGAWD look good goooood our team issss," comments in our forum. I don't recall ever saying that the Canucks weren't a very good team but the fact remains that your club has won exactly the same amount of playoff rounds as the Oilers since the lockout and every year we have to hear about how good they are. If they go far this year then c'est la vie. I'll be pissed off but I'll deal.

You're one of the best Canucks posters on the forum, Luc, so I mean no disrespect.

Old
01-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Go Wild.

Old
01-04-2011, 08:40 PM
otto84

Roli with a shutout in his first game with the Lightning... against the Caps.

Not bad, old man. Not bad, at all.

Old
01-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Roli = The Man

Old
01-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post

Edler(#1b)-Ehrhoff(#1b)
Hamhuis(#2b)-Bieksa(#3b)

Rome(#6b)/Alberts(#6a)
The only scary thing about Salo coming back is his salary cap hit.

Old
01-05-2011, 01:21 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
The only scary thing about Salo coming back is his salary cap hit.
Your comment doesn't warrent the sarcasm smiley. It's the truth.

Old
01-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Wyrm

Quote:
Your comment doesn't warrent the sarcasm smiley. It's the truth.
The sarcasm smiley is because it's "scary" to Canucks fans. For me/us it is entertaining. Perhaps, a gloating smiley would be more appropriate.

Old
01-05-2011, 01:42 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
The sarcasm smiley is because it's "scary" to Canucks fans. For me/us it is entertaining. Perhaps, a gloating smiley would be more appropriate.
This guy.

Old
01-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
I'm not sure why we have to put up with Canucks fans incessant "OMIGAWD look good goooood our team issss," comments in our forum. I don't recall ever saying that the Canucks weren't a very good team but the fact remains that your club has won exactly the same amount of playoff rounds as the Oilers since the lockout and every year we have to hear about how good they are. If they go far this year then c'est la vie. I'll be pissed off but I'll deal.

You're one of the best Canucks posters on the forum, Luc, so I mean no disrespect.
none taken man

Just wanted to give my two cents on the team. I am really excited this year!

Old
01-05-2011, 10:30 PM
HemskyToHall*

hahahahha love the tears of flames fans on CP.

Old
01-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
hahahahha love the tears of flames fans on CP.
Nothing makes me feel better then seeing flames fans tears.

Just beautiful. But still the third period, just need to finish this up.

3-0 canucks.

Old
01-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Jmask83

It seems like the Flames only show up to play the Oilers. I think they'd be happy if they went 6-76 and only beat the Oilers.

Closed Thread