HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 OOT Around the NHL Thread Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-05-2011, 11:32 PM
  #76
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,793
vCash: 50
canucks win again 3-1, was fun

Lucbourdon is offline  
Old
01-05-2011, 11:43 PM
  #77
Wyrm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,121
vCash: 500
Looks like the Canucks defeated the Flamers without even breaking a sweat. The Flames' probability of making the playoffs just dropped to 6.5%. 44 shots on goal and 1 goal is the only thing they have to show for it. That's the team without any scoring talent on it, just pluggers and chuggers.

Wyrm is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 01:23 AM
  #78
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,680
vCash: 500
not a good night for Roli or the lightning

awesomo is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 08:48 PM
  #79
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,680
vCash: 500
Moreau on IR for broken ribs

injury prone man

awesomo is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 09:36 PM
  #80
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
i think he's close to done as an nhler if he doesn't come back.

always liked chopper sub-2009.

HemskyToHall* is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 10:38 PM
  #81
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,680
vCash: 500
Crosby upper body (concussion?), cant believe he played a period and an extra game before he had to go home. That winter classic hit had concussion written all over it

On another note here is the bottom players in NHL +/-


69 David Clarkson NJD R 40 5 3 8 -11 -6 -1 -16 16 7 26 0 -17
770 Simon Gagne TBL L 23 3 4 7 -8 -11 -2 -17 12 7 24 0 -19
771 Dominic Moore TBL C 36 6 7 13 -4 -16 -5 -15 18 3 42 7 -20
772 Sergei Gonchar OTT D 40 5 13 18 -5 -15 -7 -13 38 20 48 10 -20
773 Dainius Zubrus NJD C 39 5 9 14 -13 -8 -8 -13 27 12 37 1 -21
774 Andy Greene NJD D 40 2 10 12 -9 -15 -8 -16 24 5 53 10 -24
775 Henrik Tallinder NJD D 40 1 3 4 -18 -8 -10 -16 16 1 52 11 -26
776 Ilya Kovalchuk NJD L 39 10 11 21 -14 -16 -14 -16 28 12 46 0 -30


Last edited by awesomo: 01-06-2011 at 10:50 PM.
awesomo is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 10:51 PM
  #82
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
It's a mild concussion. They confirmed it on Sportsnet.

Bylsma is saying that he'll probably miss a week.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 10:55 PM
  #83
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
It's a mild concussion. They confirmed it on Sportsnet.

Bylsma is saying that he'll probably miss a week.
looks like its not only the Oilers that force players to play games

awesomo is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 11:11 PM
  #84
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
looks like its not only the Oilers that force players to play games
C'mon, it's Crosby. If he wants to play then you let him.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 03:10 PM
  #85
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,680
vCash: 500
Langenbrunner traded to Dal for conditional draft pick!

awesomo is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 03:23 PM
  #86
OilerNut*
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,959
vCash: 500
http://www.theprovince.com/Luongo+Ga...977/story.html

Luongo pissed that he didn't get a shutout and refused to come on the ice for the 3 stars.

Quote:
The latest mini-crisis about No. 1 dividing the Lower Mainland is whether Roberto Luongo erred by passing on the traditional postgame curtsy when he was named first star Wednesday. Usually, he takes a spin on the ice, does a postgame interview and gives a stick away when such an honour is bestowed on him. He did none of it Wednesday when his emotions got the best of him after he lost yet another shutout at the end of a game.
That is embarrassing, considering how much money he makes and how much money the fans pay to come watch the game.

OilerNut* is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 03:54 PM
  #87
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
http://www.theprovince.com/Luongo+Ga...977/story.html

Luongo pissed that he didn't get a shutout and refused to come on the ice for the 3 stars.



That is embarrassing, considering how much money he makes and how much money the fans pay to come watch the game.
he was pissed cuz he lost the shut out... whine some more


when this is the only news to come out really, it shows there is nothing to talk about in vancouver lol

awesomo is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 04:16 PM
  #88
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,793
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
http://www.theprovince.com/Luongo+Ga...977/story.html

Luongo pissed that he didn't get a shutout and refused to come on the ice for the 3 stars.



That is embarrassing, considering how much money he makes and how much money the fans pay to come watch the game.
He is giving two sticks when he is star next game, so who cares.

He was pissed off clearly, and he is really competitive. Does not make him selfish, Luongo is one of our most active players in the community in Vancouver.

Quote:
when this is the only news to come out really, it shows there is nothing to talk about in vancouver lol
Very true, it's funny, people are just dieing for some negative news with the canucks, but it's impossible to find with the way the canucks have played for 2 months.

Lucbourdon is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 04:28 PM
  #89
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
It's still incredibly stupid to neglect coming out for the three star selection. Borderline pathetic. Competitiveness be damned - what exactly does he have to be upset about? Is he a child?

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 04:41 PM
  #90
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,680
vCash: 500
everyone stop crying.

Quote:
Luongo is involved with several charities. Like many Canucks players, he has spent time with Canuck Place, a children's hospice in Vancouver.[9] He also sponsors a spectator's box in Rogers Arena that is reserved for underprivileged children to attend Canucks games.[9] At the end of games in which he has been named one of the three stars, he has been known to give away his goalie stick to a fan in the crowd.[9] In the summer of 2009, he hosted the Roberto Luongo Golf Open to benefit Montreal Children's Hospital, Sainte-Justine Hospital, and a senior centre network in Saint-Léonard.[9]
i think he can be forgiven for one missed star selection appearance. maybe not since oiler fans need to complain about other teams players for being classless

awesomo is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 07:36 PM
  #91
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
I wasn't watching it; I was flipping channels and caught them mentioning the Oilers.

From Flames TV on Sportsnet.

To paraphrase, "The Flames have plenty of good prospects and Edmonton has maybe one or two. Hall looks blue chip but might not pan out."

Just ridiculous.

Keep on believing Flames Nation.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 08:11 PM
  #92
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,440
vCash: 500
Leafs offense is continuing to splurge. McArthur, Versteeg Grabo and Kulemin are dominating. 8 goals after the second in Atlanta.

Grod is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 08:21 PM
  #93
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Leafs offense is continuing to splurge. McArthur, Versteeg Grabo and Kulemin are dominating. 8 goals after the second in Atlanta.
The Leafs have five or six players with 12 or more goals. It's really kind of nutty that they're struggling when you think about those stats... but then again maybe those players are the only ones that are scoring...

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 08:32 PM
  #94
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
The Leafs have five or six players with 12 or more goals. It's really kind of nutty that they're struggling when you think about those stats... but then again maybe those players are the only ones that are scoring...
They tend to score in bunches over short stretches. Not too mention the incompetent defense and goaltending they have missed in back-stopping them. You mostly summed it up though. Those five players are the only one's contributing. They had four less goals than the Oilers up until tonight. Four goals all on a five minute major PP. Eager suckered Armstrong late in the second.

Grod is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 08:35 PM
  #95
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
They tend to score in bunches over short stretches. Not too mention the incompetent defense and goaltending they have missed in back-stopping them. You mostly summed it up though. Those five players are the only one's contributing. They had four less goals than the Oilers up until tonight. Four goals all on a five minute major PP. Eager suckered Armstrong late in the second.
Yikes. Who's in net tonight? Mason?

Who out of those five are UFA or RFA this summer? Their inflated production should give Burkie a ton of headaches at the negotiation table.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 08:39 PM
  #96
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Yikes. Who's in net tonight? Mason?

Who out of those five are UFA or RFA this summer? Their inflated production should give Burkie a ton of headaches at the negotiation table.
Pavelec started, got pulled. Mason came in let in something like three goals on five shots and now Pavelec is back in. Or wait Mason started the third. I know Mcarthur for one inked a one year deal last summer. He will want a raise. He appears to be the only inflated performer with a raise needed next summer. Bozak's 3.7 cap hit should decrease now that he is off of his bonus based ELC.

Grod is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 08:46 PM
  #97
Other Little Mikey
Registered User
 
Other Little Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I wasn't watching it; I was flipping channels and caught them mentioning the Oilers.

From Flames TV on Sportsnet.

To paraphrase, "The Flames have plenty of good prospects and Edmonton has maybe one or two. Hall looks blue chip but might not pan out."

Just ridiculous.

Keep on believing Flames Nation.
As the kids like to say, r u srs? If they want to act like the Flames have all these great prospects, that's one thing (face it, we did the same thing with the Oilers' for years), but yeah, Hall ... definitely has potential bust written all over him.

Other Little Mikey is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 08:53 PM
  #98
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,440
vCash: 500
What a release by Cormier on his first NHL goal. Oil could use a player of his ilk, no doubt.

Grod is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 08:59 PM
  #99
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Pavelec started, got pulled. Mason came in let in something like three goals on five shots and now Pavelec is back in. Or wait Mason started the third. I know Mcarthur for one inked a one year deal last summer. He will want a raise. He appears to be the only inflated performer with a raise needed next summer. Bozak's 3.7 cap hit should decrease now that he is off of his bonus based ELC.
Bah, then there's plenty of time for some of those forwards to come back down to earth before their next contracts.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 09:00 PM
  #100
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Little Mikey View Post
As the kids like to say, r u srs? If they want to act like the Flames have all these great prospects, that's one thing (face it, we did the same thing with the Oilers' for years), but yeah, Hall ... definitely has potential bust written all over him.
I'm still trying to figure out why the Flames have their own show on Sportsnet.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.