HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Spank Flyers 6-2 - Jody Shelley is a Gutless Puke

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2010, 01:30 PM
JBIZ14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Is that why he used Florida's game (this year) as an example? Because he was referring to last season's play?
uhhh He says right in his post that this is the same team as last year...so when he states they are streaky he is obviously stating that they are streaky over the last year and a half.

I guess it wasn't so obvious.

Old
12-28-2010, 01:35 PM
JBIZ14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyFracas View Post
Does anyone know where to go to get visiting teams autographs after the game? Which gate do they exit from to get on the bus?
There's a special underground tunnel for the visiting team that comes out at the corner of Main and Hastings...after the game just walk down there and you should be able to catch them.

Old
12-28-2010, 01:41 PM
bobbyb2009

Wow. I have never seen such a preview of a game in a GDT thread on here. Check out the Phiily pre-gfame thread- http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=857765

Philly is quite a blanced team. There defence doesn't look quite as tough without Pronger, but man are they loaded for bear up front.

Looking forward to this game...however, I am on a beach somewhere with a bad internet connection, so I am hopeful for a great stream. I will be watching for news of the best one out there at game time???

Old
12-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Reign Nateo

The Sergei Bobrovsky story is an interesting one. I don't know how many 22 year old KHL back-ups come to the NHL and start for one of the better teams in the league. Especially coming off a couple pretty poor seasons there. Decent stats, but his win totals left something to be desired. He's been excellent in Philly though. A bit up and down lately. Which is to be expected really.

Look at his numbers. Last couple seasons in Russia he played 1900 and 1600 minutes. He's already played nearly 1400 minutes this season in the NHL. It is a lot to expect for a young guy to not only perform at a number 1 level, but also sustain that pace for the entire season. He may be due to for a crash down to Earth (or Adirondack) in the second half. NHL season can be very long for young players, especially ones with historically short seasons behind them.

Philly defence is a bit suspect to speed through the zone and dumping the puck in behind them. Canucks' forwards could really wreak havoc on them if they get on their horse and forecheck. Flyers do it themselves as well, pretty similar team really. Watch out for Claude Giroux, shifty little bugger with great hands and smarts. Draws a lot of penalties. Philly's strength is obviously their depth on offence, they come in waves, but this is a winnable game. Need big performances from Luongo and the Canucks defence (must be ready to move the puck quickly and efficiently), but I'm not expecting a loss like previous Flyers-affairs. Canucks should be geared up to take on a contender and see where they stack up.

Looking for a big game from Kesler. He loves these games where he gets a chance to out-play his comparables. He knows people compare him to Richards and he'll be out to prove he's the better player. Kesler's drive to be better should not be underestimated anymore. He's done nothing but shatter the limits of his development and rise to the challenge. I expect tonight to be no different. Best bud is a Flyers' fan, and they've owned us in Vancouver, so this is a big one.

Old
12-28-2010, 01:54 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyb2009 View Post
Wow. I have never seen such a preview of a game in a GDT thread on here. Check out the Phiily pre-gfame thread- http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=857765

Philly is quite a blanced team. There defence doesn't look quite as tough without Pronger, but man are they loaded for bear up front.

Looking forward to this game...however, I am on a beach somewhere with a bad internet connection, so I am hopeful for a great stream. I will be watching for news of the best one out there at game time???
Quite the history lesson on the Flyers GDT. I said previously that the Flyers were in break mode while we've had a warm up game. I didn't realize the Flyers haven't played in over a week. I expect us to dominate the first period, build a decent lead and then frustrate the hell out of them for the rest of the game.

Old
12-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Apparently Raymond is taking the game day skate.

Old
12-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Apparently Raymond is taking the game day skate.
Ben Kuzma tweets:

Vigneault: Expect winger Mason Raymond (broken thumb) to practise with the #Canucks in the next couple of days.

Old
12-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Wetcoaster

The Canucks are no longer relying on special teams. On their latest streak they have been scoring at even strength as they did last season when they were number 2 in the NHL last season. They have vaulted from 24th to 7th in even strength scoring.
If you’re looking for another reason for the Canucks’ 11-1-2 run, consider their even-strength production. At the quarter pole (20 games), the Canucks were a mediocre/poor 24th in even-strength goalscoring. Last season, they were second overall to Washington, and that was not coincidental.

But in the last 14 games, the Canucks have come alive at even strength. In their last nine games, since their lone regulation loss (to St. Louis on Dec. 5), they have scored 24 goals at even strength.

Before Tuesday’s game with Philly, Vancouver was ranked seventh overall in this important category. In their past two games, the Canucks have scored 10 goals -- all of them even-strength.
http://communities.canada.com/thepro...taken-off.aspx

Old
12-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Ben Kuzma tweets:

Vigneault: Expect winger Mason Raymond (broken thumb) to practise with the #Canucks in the next couple of days.
And this one:

benkuzma

benkuzma Raymond (broken thumb) taking game-day skate with #Canucks.

Then Botch followed up with:

BotchonCanucks Mason raymond skated today on his own, expected to join team as soon as tomorrow

Looks like he'll be back in the next game or two though so that's good.

Old
12-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Moe Szyslak
Sears catalog

So I assume when Raymond get back it's going to back to the 4th line for Hansen? So who gets sent back down?

Old
12-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZ14 View Post
uhhh He says right in his post that this is the same team as last year...so when he states they are streaky he is obviously stating that they are streaky over the last year and a half.

I guess it wasn't so obvious.
Why even mention last year? I mean who cares? That’s like saying Flyers beat Vancouver in Vancouver for 20 something years. Who cares? Tonight is a different game. So last year or last 20 years does not matter.

By the way, it was streaky for a reason. Starting with John Stevens our x head coach. Bartulis, Kalinski, Nodl, Pyorala and van Riemsdyk 5 rookies. Not to mention Parent (AHLer) and 2nd year player Giroux. Add Asham and Lappy not your best scorers and what do you have?

To say that Flyers did not change from last year is silly thing to say. (I know you did not, Catamarca Livin did)

Old
12-28-2010, 03:10 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

This game is going to be a huge test for this team. Its going to be crazy exciting.

Hopefully we can defeat them and have the least loses in the leauge

Old
12-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
And this one:

benkuzma

benkuzma Raymond (broken thumb) taking game-day skate with #Canucks.

Then Botch followed up with:

BotchonCanucks Mason raymond skated today on his own, expected to join team as soon as tomorrow

Looks like he'll be back in the next game or two though so that's good.
Looks to be longer than a game or two yet as Raymond looks to be a bit away from returning to games according to Jim Jamieson:
Mason Raymond had his first practice with the team in the Canucks' Tuesday morning skate, but it sounds like he's not close to returning to the lineup. The left winger suffered a broken thumb on Dec. 8 against Anaheim and hasn't played in eight games.

“It felt pretty good, there are still some things that bug me a bit, but it's getting better,” said Raymond.

But he said he's still in some discomfort from the right thumb injury. “It's a physical game, things are moving, it's a bit of everything. Everything kind of hurts it. It's a broken bone, so you've got to give it healing time.”

Raymond said he expects to participate in the Canucks' practice on Wednesday and will get more feedback from at that time. He said he's not sure yet if he'll be travelling with the team on its upcoming three-game road trip that begins on Friday in Dallas.

“I'm hoping so,” he said. “I'll get in a full practice and see how it goes from there. A full practice, getting in some battles will help determine it.”
http://communities.canada.com/thepro...l/default.aspx

Old
12-28-2010, 03:20 PM
The Big Foot

I keep forgetting about the Kesler offer sheet. Imagine if we hadn't matched, it would be up there with the Neely trade.

Old
12-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Why even mention last year? I mean who cares? That’s like saying Flyers beat Vancouver in Vancouver for 20 something years. Who cares? Tonight is a different game. So last year or last 20 years does not matter.

By the way, it was streaky for a reason. Starting with John Stevens our x head coach. Bartulis, Kalinski, Nodl, Pyorala and van Riemsdyk 5 rookies. Not to mention Parent (AHLer) and 2nd year player Giroux. Add Asham and Lappy not your best scorers and what do you have?

To say that Flyers did not change from last year is silly thing to say. (I know you did not, Catamarca Livin did)
Nobody cares why it was streaky last season.

Old
12-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Wetcoaster

Apparently Samuelsson has been having problems with his lower abdomen and leg which has been affecting his skating. last game he got some relief, was able to skate better and his game improved:
One guy who bucked that Christmas legs trend and was significantly quicker than has been the case lately was Mikael Samuelsson, who tied the game at 2-2 early in the third period on a pass from Raffi Torres. He was moving as well as he has all season and it turns out trainer Mike Burnstein or a member of his staff gets the credit.

"Yeah, it was much better, thanks for noticing," said Samuelsson. "That's the best I've felt in a long time. I probably shouldn't say this but I've had some real tightness in my lower abdomen [pointing to his right leg] but I got some treatment here and it's really made a difference. They did a real good job."
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/gr...#ixzz19RQmNdbv

Old
12-28-2010, 03:48 PM
JBIZ14

Quote:

I didn't say I agreed with the poster or that I really cared...was just clarifying the post.

Old
12-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:

You should thank the Canucks (aka opposing team coach killers) as Stevens was cashiered and replaced by Laviolette following the 3-0 loss to the Canucks last December.

You're welcome.

Old
12-28-2010, 03:49 PM
JBIZ14

Quote:
Apparently Samuelsson has been having problems with his lower abdomen and leg which has been affecting his skating. last game he got some relief, was able to skate better and his game improved:
One guy who bucked that Christmas legs trend and was significantly quicker than has been the case lately was Mikael Samuelsson, who tied the game at 2-2 early in the third period on a pass from Raffi Torres. He was moving as well as he has all season and it turns out trainer Mike Burnstein or a member of his staff gets the credit.

"Yeah, it was much better, thanks for noticing," said Samuelsson. "That's the best I've felt in a long time. I probably shouldn't say this but I've had some real tightness in my lower abdomen [pointing to his right leg] but I got some treatment here and it's really made a difference. They did a real good job."

Old
12-28-2010, 03:53 PM
MrJonas

Plus, Mikael just found out he's not on the Swedish WJC team. He'll be on fire tonight.

Old
12-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Wetcoaster

The Vancouver Province Live Chat goes in about an hour.
Dec. 28: Canucks-Flyers game day chat

Join us at 2 p.m. when Jason Botchford, Ben Kuzma, Tony Gallagher and sports editor Jonathan McDonald will be here to talk all things Canucks and preview tonight's game against the Flyers.
http://communities.canada.com/thepro...-day-chat.aspx

Old
12-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:

Didn't Sammy get hit with a stick in the stomach in a game a few weeks ago?

Old
12-28-2010, 04:23 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
vBookie odds:
Philadelphia (1.25)
Vancouver (0.69)

Kind of unexpected if you ask me, but history isn't big in these calculations it seems.

Old
12-28-2010, 04:33 PM
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Didn't Sammy get hit with a stick in the stomach in a game a few weeks ago?
He missed a game with a concussion. He got hit with the stick quite some time ago against the Leafs where Craig Simpson claimed he was faking.

Old
12-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Meganuck*

Visiting the Flyers board, man some of them are real Jerks. But then again, their fans remind me alot of Canuck fans =D

Closed Thread