HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Robbie Schremp Thoughts?

Old
01-31-2011, 11:45 AM
Jester9881

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post

Precisely my response to everything you wrote. G'day to you.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Jester9881

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrieresSalary View Post
Ahahahah no, gtfo.
Yeah? It would be pretty tough NOT to be better defensively than Schremp.

Old
01-31-2011, 11:51 AM
cjdv16

Schremp needs to go.

Step 1 is to find if there's any taker at the deadline who would want to add cheap depth at forward. Not holding my breath.

Step 2 is to cut ties come this Summer.

It was a nice try and he can put up numbers here and there, but not on any competitive team.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 12:07 PM
blitzkriegs

His salary is better allocated to a quality veteran player. Schremp has not offered anything that says he's gonna be a vital component of a winning team.

Fish or cut bait. NYI fished, got nothing much. Time to cut bait.

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 12:43 PM
mitchy22

Schremp is too weak and inconsistent on the ice to be this team's 2nd line center.

He needs to be placed in between two stronger and smarter veterans who can coach him and keep him in the center of the ice.

He skates around far too much and quite aimlessly.

He has skill. He can make a pass. He's got a decent shot though he isn't always in a position to use it. He's practically invisible when it comes to being physical in any way, shape, or form.

If he wishes to remain a center, he needs to put on a lot more strength. This team has far too many important young players to be able to carry Schremp. He just simply doesn't make the list of young core players that we should keep. (At least in my opinion. I'm sure some will differ.)

Him and PAP are top-2 on my list of forwards that need to be heavily upgraded for the sake of this team becoming competitive (now and in the future.) I also hope to bring in enough legitimate forwards to reduce the role that Comeau plays.

Add a top 3-4 d-man who isn't out of place playing along Streit to those 2 forwards, and we're in business.
ForwardA-Tavares-ForwardB
Moulson-Bailey-Okposo
Grabner-Nielsen-Hunter
Martin-Konopka-Comeau

This lineup has a lot of potential for people to jump up and down. I'm curious to see what Hunter's future is. These lines could easily change depending on how well the players are actually playing. At least there's a threat for the players to lose their jobs (assuming Forward A/B are legitimate top-6 forwards.)

I also wouldn't mind for Martin to get back down to the AHL and try to become more than a 4th liner. So that's another slot available to replacement. The lines are also makeshift, there's always the chance Moulson/KO could be up with JT. If we get a few NHLers in here, the Bridge will look that much better next year, as well.

Mitch

mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 01:04 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs View Post
His salary is better allocated to a quality veteran player. Schremp has not offered anything that says he's gonna be a vital component of a winning team.

Fish or cut bait. NYI fished, got nothing much. Time to cut bait.
Can't yet.

Wang and Snow want their pictures taken with the bait on the pier.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Antidote

Big Schremp fan but what a terrible January. Bailey and Comeau are decent enough linemates and the three of them have played together for a while. They all should be improving but instead they're all struggling.

For a normally cocky guy, he doesn't appear to have any confidence right now and some of the recent moves suggest that Capuano doesn't have a lot of confidence in him either. Players who are at the NHL fringe have to produce or perish. He's shown he can put up points but has to do it consistently or he'll be playing in Grabner's home town next year.

Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
I hope they trade Schremp at the deadline

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Hip Of Rick

Give Shremp a final look on WING. It is obvious he can not cut it as a center he no 2 way game. If he sucks until the deadline/ end of year maybe keep him on as a 13th forward. Always need 15 guys throughout the season so give him a 1 year deal as the 13th

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 05:56 AM
TennesseeJedd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
Give Shremp a final look on WING. It is obvious he can not cut it as a center he no 2 way game. If he sucks until the deadline/ end of year maybe keep him on as a 13th forward. Always need 15 guys throughout the season so give him a 1 year deal as the 13th
When Flash presented Schrempie with the opportunity to move to wing he replied with a big thanks but no thanks explaining he has never played wing and would be too uncomfortable playing there. He isn't the kind of personality that you can say 'too bad you are playing wing' to and expect him to prove you right.

So if he wont/cant play wing and as you say "he sucks until the deadline/ end of year", why would you want to keep him even as a 13th forward? I would be willing to give him 4 weeks of rope to either hang himself or climb out of the hole he is digging, if he doesn't get it by then waive by by.

TennesseeJedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 06:02 AM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
I hope they trade Schremp at the deadline
Why would anyone trade anything for him?

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 06:33 AM
Hip Of Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeJedd View Post
When Flash presented Schrempie with the opportunity to move to wing he replied with a big thanks but no thanks explaining he has never played wing and would be too uncomfortable playing there. He isn't the kind of personality that you can say 'too bad you are playing wing' to and expect him to prove you right.

So if he wont/cant play wing and as you say "he sucks until the deadline/ end of year", why would you want to keep him even as a 13th forward? I would be willing to give him 4 weeks of rope to either hang himself or climb out of the hole he is digging, if he doesn't get it by then waive by by.
I didn't know he refused to play wing. Shows is character. If that is the case you put him on wing anyway for the rest of the season and see how he plays and reacts. He is not a veteran and has proven nothing at center. He deserves no respect and who cares if he pouts and sucks, you dump him anyway.

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Bert Marshall days

Rob Schremp hockey - a little talent but a classic underachiever who is invisible too much. In other words, the typical Islander for the last 20 years.

Detlef wuz better.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 07:37 AM
kasper11

I was all in favor of grabbing him off waivers last year, but he hasn't shown me that he deserves to play in the NHL. He will have a good game every now and then, but they are few and far between.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Antidote

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeJedd View Post
That's exactly what Edmonton did and he played wing for most of the time he was in their system. Gordon was the one who said that C was the best position for him on this team given his skill set. Schremp has said he prefers C.

Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Jester9881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
Rob Schremp hockey - a little talent but a classic underachiever who is invisible too much. In other words, the typical Islander for the last 20 years.

Detlef wuz better.
His skill set is best suited for a beer league. I'd like to say that he could improve a bit if he decided to start making the 'right' play instead of trying to make the 'pretty' play. His ego/cockiness get in the way of that ever happening though.

This will be his last stop in the NHL as a regular, I said it and I stick by it.

Old
02-01-2011, 12:40 PM
islandermike

Schremp can't handle being a 2nd line center regularly, that should be a position they look to upgrade. Neilsen is fine as a 3rd center and Konopka is a perfect 4th center. Really two top 6 forwards one of which being a center is a glaring whole for this team and needs to be found before they become a playoff contender.

islandermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 10:35 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Why would anyone trade anything for him?
Agreed 100%.

These posts about Schremp being a 2nd or even 3rd liner just crack me up. He's supposedly an offensive player ... thus, he's either on a 1st or 2nd line. His skills don't warrant that in the NHL.

He has no skills that enable him to be a 3rd or 4th liner and do the things often expected in those roles.

Thus, he's got no place in the NHL.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote