HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[28/12/10 19H Montréal Canadiens @ Washington Capitals|RDS(HD) TSN-HABS(HD)]

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
That's ******** and we both know it.

If you suck, you suck. Doesn't matter if you're a 7th or 1st D. It's just the actual suckiness to expected suckiness ratio is different.
Of course we both know it. I'm just quoting a particular member who keeps regurgitating he's a "very good bottom pairing guy" when in reality he blows chunks.

Old
Hab-a-maniac

From 4th in the league to 15th in the space of 3 weeks. Yeah i know it's early in the year so that can happen quicker but still. 2-8 in our last 10 coming up and none of those being OT or SO losses. 4 out of a possible 20 points! There's just about nothing positive in that time to talk about. Yet somehow Price and Subban will be the focus with media types, haha. How about this team's overall road play? Martin has to take some responsibility for that. And then there's everyone on D cause everyone has sucked balls back there. Subban or no Subban, we stink on the back end. And no offense to speak of. Well ain't it peachy.

Old
Raider917

Gaineys clock better be ticking. Boivin is no better.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

No doubt PK made a mistake but geez, where is the freakin support? Incredible how it's ONLY the rookie mistake that makes it possible for a goal to happen so that everybody else is not accountable. Maybe it's time for Subban to go in the Minors so that people start focusing on other problems we have on the team....

Old
12-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Magnum Crackoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
It should be 3-0.

Habs were lucky with the quick whistle if you ask me.
Even though the score is still 2-0, as a Habs fan myself I gotta admit this game is 3-0 so if the Caps lose by 1 they have every reason to complain. Our defense suck these days.

Old
pine*

Picard should GTFO. Seriously.

I don't give a flying **** if he's +7, I will personally pack up his ****ing bags and drive him to the ****ing airport with my ****ing bicycle.

Old
MathMan

Getting hammered by the percentages is depressing even if you know it will pass. Depressing in the meantime though.

Old
Coldplay
Courage

Martin better be blasting them right now. This is disgraceful. You get two chances to go up early in the game and you fail, then you start breaking down defensively. Unacceptable.

Old
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNiner View Post
This is my read, and likely the read of the Caps player who was coming in. He turned away and left Subban in the cold.
Subban had an ok period other then that error. He just needs to learn better positioning, there was no need for a big open-ice hit there.

Was really frustrating that nobody covered for him though. Not like they scored 5 seconds later, there was plently of time for Gomer to have Green covered.
While you could try to pin that goal on several other players, that's not even my point. This is exactly the kind of plays PK gets benched for. Yet he tries to do it again just after he's back in? Inexcusable hockey IQ there. He does not need to try to prove anything to anyone, let's just play smart and safe hockey PK and build from there.

Old
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
what are you talking about???

Gill, Gomez where the **** were they???

Let's always blame the rookie

Why not? He's playing worse D than MAB did season, although in a different manner.

Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Of course we both know it. I'm just quoting a particular member who keeps regurgitating he's a "very good bottom pairing guy" when in reality he blows chunks.
I know. That was exactly what I was trying to do when I quoted it too.

Old
12-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Erik Estrada

There was a few opportunities in the slot by our Top-6 guys. They can't always hit the goalie or miss the net...

Old
12-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Max Levine

We can blame this player or that player but fact is there isn't much going right for the Habs. Did they actually get a scoring chance? Are they attacking the net? Are they defensively sound?

Old
12-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
No doubt PK made a mistake but geez, where is the freakin support? Incredible how it's ONLY the rookie mistake that makes it possible for a goal to happen so that everybody else is not accountable. Maybe it's time for Subban to go in the Minors so that people start focusing on other problems we have on the team....
Every goal is usually a bunch of mistakes, that one was no different. Problem is PK took him self so far out of the play, I mean it's like all the Habs D are challenging each other for bonehead play of the night.

Old
Nidema

Quote:
I agree. The goal is mostly on Subban but there was no support from a winger or center coming back to cover the hole.

It seems like we have real difficulty adjusting. Whenever a mistake occurs, we have a had time moving players in position to cover it or minimalize it.

Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
We can blame this player or that player but fact is there isn't much going right for the Habs. Did they actually get a scoring chance? Are they attacking the net? Are they defensively sound?
Yes, yes, and yes, but every mistake they make hits the back of the net and the other team, not so much.

Old
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitsky View Post
let's blame the coach on that one
if you want to, go ahead!!!

Old
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Pk played a good period one of his best since a long time but the mistake he made was the kind of mistake you can't take in the NHL because the other team will score on you. Sure you can put some blame on Gomez and Gill but Subban shouldn't put himself out of position for a open ice hit

Old
Coldplay
Courage

Overplaying Price has ****ing burned us and it shows. He looks lethargic out there, yet we didn't have enough sense to sit him more than once every 11 games.

Old
12-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post

I don't give a flying **** if he's +7, I will personally pack up his ****ing bags and drive him to the ****ing airport with my ****ing bicycle.
if you get tired of biking him there, I'll rotate in.

Old
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
Gaineys clock better be ticking. Boivin is no better.
Gainey has nothing to do with this mess. He's been out for quite a long time already. And people will have to learn while he wasn't the most flashy GM, he sure was close from his lockerroom.

Old
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post

Made me lawl.

This team sucks right now, everything, everything is going wrong. No offense, no defense.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
Doesn't matter. They found their scapegoat. That's how it works. Subban plays bad, he's the ONLY one to blame. No talk about Gill, no talk about how the guys are coming back in their zone etc...

Again, put him in the Minors right ****ing now. Then suddenly the Habs will become that great powerhouse again....'Cause it seems that once a mistake is made, there's just no way anybody can correct it. Strangely, I've seen Price save EVERYBODY on this team that were making mistakes. Seen some D-men correcting the forwards stupid giveways etc....But Subban makes a mistake and there was just no way anybody could do something about it....

Old
12-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Doesn't matter. They found their scapegoat. That's how it works. Subban plays bad, he's the ONLY one to blame. No talk about Gill, no talk about how the guys are coming back in their zone etc...

Again, put him in the Minors right ****ing now. Then suddenly the Habs will become that great powerhouse again....
Gill was a giveaway machine on that shift too, I've noticed he's gotten bashed as well.

Old
12-28-2010, 07:54 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

We've got what, a 0% success rate in comebacks this season?

Closed Thread