HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Cormier called up, Stapleton sent down

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2010, 03:59 PM
  #51
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
seriously, Boston's board thinks that by calling up Cormier, we're setting up for this on Thursday:
(but I understand Dudley HAS been on the phone!


and ps...

Trust us Boston, we know about losing players to tragedy much worse than cheapshots.

you'd be better served and better listened to if you would just go back and enjoy your own board please, instead of trying to sway us over here.

ThrasherMinion is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:05 PM
  #52
BoyntBergie
Registered User
 
BoyntBergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
You make cheapshotting someone in the jaw while they are tied up with another player sound so innocent. Like I said, the way B's fans went from Old Time Hockey to No Place in the Game for Cormier is rather hilarious.
When compared to what Cormier did, it is pretty innocent. Laughably so.

Go search the B's board for our reactions to the Cormier incident when it occured. Most of us thought he should never lace a pair of skates up again.

So yeah, hilarious alright. Gonna stop conversing with you as my point has been made and you appear to just be looking for childish arguments now.

BoyntBergie is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:06 PM
  #53
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,595
vCash: 500
God who cares about what Bruins fans think. This call up has 0 to do with them.

Lynk is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:08 PM
  #54
BoyntBergie
Registered User
 
BoyntBergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
seriously, Boston's board thinks that by calling up Cormier, we're setting up for this on Thursday:
(but I understand Dudley HAS been on the phone!


and ps...

Trust us Boston, we know about losing players to tragedy much worse than cheapshots.
you'd be better served and better listened to if you would just go back and enjoy your own board please, instead of trying to sway us over here.
That might be the worst argument I have ever seen in my entire life. For anything.

It has nothing to do with the topic at hand whatsoever.

BoyntBergie is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:10 PM
  #55
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
That might be the worst argument I have ever seen in my entire life. For anything.

It has nothing to do with the topic at hand whatsoever.
And neither do any of you guys. So please just migrate back to your own board.

Lynk is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:10 PM
  #56
BoyntBergie
Registered User
 
BoyntBergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
God who cares about what Bruins fans think. This call up has 0 to do with them.
Agree with you there. It's more about perception.

Even if you don't care.

BoyntBergie is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:12 PM
  #57
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
I've just ignored my first poster. We've had trolls before, but my gosh! Enough already, so bye, bye.

ThrasherMinion is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:12 PM
  #58
BoyntBergie
Registered User
 
BoyntBergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
And neither do any of you guys. So please just migrate back to your own board.
Whatever. Just trying to converse about a game. And I agreed with you on your last point and think dj4aces is about as astute a poster as you can be based on his comments.

Not like I'm looking for trouble, or that you guys haven't spent the last 4 days on the B's board either.

BoyntBergie is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:14 PM
  #59
Aaronxxx
Registered User
 
Aaronxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: atlanta
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
a cheap shot is a cheap shot. they have no gray areas and thus they can all be compared with eachother.

i've never condoned what cormier did. however, he's taken his punishment from the league and faced criminal charges in court, so i'm not going to hold it against him anymore.

Aaronxxx is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:15 PM
  #60
dj4aces
Registered User
 
dj4aces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,896
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Whatever. Just trying to converse about a game. And I agreed with you on your last point and think dj4aces is about as astute a poster as you can be based on his comments.

Not like I'm looking for trouble, or that you guys haven't spent the last 4 days on the B's board either.
I try to look at things from every angle. In any battle, I prefer to think my way through, rather than be reactionary.

Thank you for the kind remarks

dj4aces is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:17 PM
  #61
BoyntBergie
Registered User
 
BoyntBergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
I try to look at things from every angle. In any battle, I prefer to think my way through, rather than be reactionary.

Thank you for the kind remarks
Anytime, I meant it. You said exactly what I was trying to get at and in a very concise and clear way.

Anyways, here's hoping to an all-out war Thursday night with no serious injuries.

BoyntBergie is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:19 PM
  #62
Crimson Devil*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In a gutted caribou.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Yeah the way the kid was convulsing on the ice was rather hilarious too. Didn't he not remember anything until he woke up in the hospital? Yeah, sounds pretty comparable to Lucic' punch.
If Cormier was Bruin property, you wouldn't be saying any of this ****.

Crimson Devil* is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:20 PM
  #63
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,595
vCash: 500
DJ You Can Go With Them!

Nah I really don't care it's just so unnecessary that a call up thread be this nasty. Thinking that our team would be making this move because of the kid's history to throw an elbow. The last game between the 2 teams has gotten so much more talk than necessary.

I saw it as a good ol' fashioned hockey brawl, one I'd like to see more of. I could care less of the cheap shots or cheap hits that have been noted about. But the fact that it has spawned all the way over to this call up is absurd. It was made because our lines were in need of a shakeup and we are in a playoff race. Simple strategy, nothing more, nothing less.

Lynk is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:23 PM
  #64
BoyntBergie
Registered User
 
BoyntBergie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
DJ You Can Go With Them!

Nah I really don't care it's just so unnecessary that a call up thread be this nasty. Thinking that our team would be making this move because of the kid's history to throw an elbow. The last game between the 2 teams has gotten so much more talk than necessary.
No one thinks that, at least not many. But it was something that made you do a double-take if you were a B's fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I saw it as a good ol' fashioned hockey brawl, one I'd like to see more of. I could care less of the cheap shots or cheap hits that have been noted about. But the fact that it has spawned all the way over to this call up is absurd. Thus the reason I lost my **** in my last 2 posts.
Agreed. I've said since the beginning that:
1. The hit by Meyer on Lucic wasn't even a 2 minute penalty, it was a good hit.
2. The Lucic jab wasn't deserving of a suspension.

BoyntBergie is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:24 PM
  #65
btn
Gone Hollywood
 
btn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ATL
Country: United States
Posts: 15,669
vCash: 500
It easily could have had the same result, though I am sure you would still blame Meyer and his "high hit" for causing it.


Last edited by Shameus: 12-28-2010 at 05:58 PM. Reason: QDP
btn is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:28 PM
  #66
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Oh DJ, I'm so disappointed in you! lol.

ThrasherMinion is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:30 PM
  #67
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 23,048
vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Whatever. Just trying to converse about a game. And I agreed with you on your last point and think dj4aces is about as astute a poster as you can be based on his comments.

Not like I'm looking for trouble, or that you guys haven't spent the last 4 days on the B's board either.
Biggest lie I have ever read.

BigTuna49 is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:33 PM
  #68
Ashe
Registered User
 
Ashe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Saskatoon SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
You go take a sucker punch to the jaw by Lucic. Go in the exact same scenario. not looking, being held in a middle of confusion, And we will see if you drop. Add in Ice and i believe you will not stand.

I have been sucker punched, I have ended up with a concussion from a guy 50 pounds lighter then me, From a blind side "Jab" while breaking up a fight at a bar. So it is comparable to an extent..

I missed a table by a foot, and missed out on 3 weeks of baseball due the concussion. Which were playoffs, and which caused us to start a guy back-catching who played 3 games the whole year.


Last edited by Shameus: 12-28-2010 at 06:05 PM. Reason: QDP
Ashe is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:36 PM
  #69
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
besides, gang violence like the Bruins displayed is such a bad influence for our children...



Maybe next time they should let Lucic handle it himself....like they let Savard handle it himself last year. The Bruin fans have to get their's in a wad because the reputation of the team is not very good when it comes to backing guys up. So bad in fact, that one player had to refer to 2008 vs. Calgary as the last time guys stuck up for each other!

ThrasherMinion is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:45 PM
  #70
manifestodestiny
Registered User
 
manifestodestiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
If Bruins fans saw that you guys called up Aliu, Valabik, Gratton, and whatever other goons you had, we'd be THRILLED. Most B's fans love tough, hard-nosed, battle in the trenches hockey.

What we see is that you called up a guy who is a year removed from nearly killing someone on the ice with a vicious cheapshot, something we've had enough of over the past few seasons.

I, and most other B's fans I'd guess, don't think the promotion was a direct result of the Thursday night game. But it's obviously a move that's going to make some of us do a double take.

Why that is so hard for you guys to understand, I don't know.
Mate, I understand what and why you feel about the call-up; however, it is enjoyable to how do you say stir the pot. The move does seem conspicuous with the events of the last game, yet it is not the reasoning. The Bobby Holik comparison best explains why we need him, especially for the upcoming game. I refer, of course, to the Pittsburgh game against a team that has owned us.

Cormier's past actions were despicable and regrettable, yet I am not going to condemn him yet.

manifestodestiny is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 04:55 PM
  #71
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Bottom line, this thread should be rather boring conversation about how injured Antropov really is and what kind of stopgap is the Cormier call up?

I'm actually surprised (sarcasm) that the Bruins fans would rather think that a call up has something to do with their team rather than to fill in a spot for our injured first-liner.....


No one seems to want Bergfors from the rumor mongers out there.

Because of the injury to Antro and the uselessness of Bergfors and Eager in Ramsay's system, Cormier comes up. Next call will be Machacek, I'm guessing.

ThrasherMinion is offline  
Old
12-28-2010, 05:06 PM
  #72
Georgia Dawg
Registered User
 
Georgia Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Huge (like, gargantuan) difference between a jab to the jaw of a guy in the middle of a scrum and seeking out chances (multiple times) to deliver blind side elbows to the heads of unsuspecting players, again, one of whom ended up having a seizure on the ice.

Frankly, even trying to equate the 2 makes you sound silly and ignorant of the game. And I'd say that to you if you were a Thrasher fan or someone who used to play for the Montreal Canadiens. Has nothing to do with you being from Atlanta.

Any person with an ounce of sense can see why Boston fans would take note of a guy like Cormier getting called up after last Thursday's game.
I am sorry. I do not buy it. If Cormier was a Bruin prospect and was called up, I would not think it had anything to do with the Thursday game. Do you think we care so much about retaliation that we would call someone up? I do not care what his past was. Cormier is not going to go around throwing elbows. It is just not going to happen. Any person with an ounce of sense can see that Cormier coming up has nothing to do with the Thursday game. NOTHING!

Georgia Dawg is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 07:59 AM
  #73
LoneWolf54
Relocated.
 
LoneWolf54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,856
vCash: 500
Cormier is a young kid who has an extremely bright future as a hockey player.

Has he made mistakes in the past? Yes. Did he pay for them? Yes. and he continues to do so as everyone will judge him harshly every time he takes the ice from here until people forget what he did (and I don't anticipate that happening any time soon).

Do you really hope he goes after Looch? Look, I'm a bruins fan. But Cormier has the makings to be a great hockey player, and to ruin by going after someone like Milan Lucic on his SECOND game in the NHL?

Cormier would have made your team out of camp, if it wasn't for the injury. He has produced beautifully as an AHLer and if i'm not mistaken, has not had any incidents in the AHL.

If you want to ruin the career of an 18 year old with the makings to be an all star hockey player, then by all means, hope that he gets banned because of your hate for Milan.

Cormier is not a goon. He's a goal scorer that made horrible decisions as a young kid in the Q. He paid his dues, let him play hockey. He won't ruin it for the likes of Milan and I don't believe your coaches nor any of your fan base hope he does, nor will they encourage it. If it comes down to a cheap shot from Cormier (which I am confident it will not) then it comes down to a cheap shot. But as said before, he's not a goon, if you want him to FIGHT Milan, then good luck to him. 9 times out of 10 it will be Looch over Cormier.

Let the kid play hockey. He is human before he is hockey player. He has the capability of learning from his mistakes. If he was going to be a repeat offender, we would have seen it in the AHL. All eyes will be on him in a negative way for the rest of his career. Let that be his punishment.


Last edited by Shameus: 12-29-2010 at 09:17 AM. Reason: QDP
LoneWolf54 is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 08:15 AM
  #74
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,595
vCash: 500
I seriously doubt the opinion of an HFBoard poster is going to have any effect on Cormier's on ice play.

We all have opinions, do they have any bearing on what player does what on the ice. Nope.

Lynk is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 08:23 AM
  #75
LoneWolf54
Relocated.
 
LoneWolf54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,856
vCash: 500
I didn't mean it like that. I just meant If he/she really wants that dream to come true, then he/she is going to miss out on having a great hockey player in Atlanta in the future. That's all.

LoneWolf54 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.