Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Cormier called up, Stapleton sent down

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2010, 08:34 AM
dj4aces

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I seriously doubt the opinion of an HFBoard poster is going to have any effect on Cormier's on ice play.

We all have opinions, do they have any bearing on what player does what on the ice. Nope.
Evander Kane, somehow, got wind of this place. How else did he get his Twitter photo?

Old
12-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I'm sure hockey players and hockey writers are aware of this place. Bob McKenzie used to post on these boards every once in awhile.

Who knows, but I can't imagine Cormier came searching around these boards looking for his call-up thread to see if people wanted him to start "Chrowin dem Bows" (Throwing Elbows).

Old
12-29-2010, 08:50 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

When do you guys play Philly next? I wouldn't mind seeing Cormier's elbows "accidently" nail Jody Shelley. Not going to lie.

Old
12-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I actually used to like Jody Shelley back in his CBJ days. He was a good bruiser who rarely made the dirty hit/play. Lately however he just keeps ending up on the highlight reel for all the wrong reasons.

I don't know what has changed in him but my god he is becoming a disgusting human being on the ice.

Old
12-29-2010, 09:02 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I'm sure hockey players and hockey writers are aware of this place. Bob McKenzie used to post on these boards every once in awhile.
I figured the emoticon would have indicated a joke of sorts, which didn't really merit such a thought out response.

Bob McKenzie still posts here, as I recall a recent discussion he participated in regarding his new book.

Old
12-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
I figured the emoticon would have indicated a joke of sorts, which didn't really merit such a thought out response.

Bob McKenzie still posts here, as I recall a recent discussion he participated in regarding his new book.
Bro my sarcasm detector was going nuts, I'm always aware of jokes. I decided to go with a little thought out response to bring more conversation.

Old
12-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Americans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
Bottom line, this thread should be rather boring conversation about how injured Antropov really is and what kind of stopgap is the Cormier call up?

I'm actually surprised (sarcasm) that the Bruins fans would rather think that a call up has something to do with their team rather than to fill in a spot for our injured first-liner.....

No one seems to want Bergfors from the rumor mongers out there.Because of the injury to Antro and the uselessness of Bergfors and Eager in Ramsay's system, Cormier comes up. Next call will be Machacek, I'm guessing.
What do you mean?

Old
12-29-2010, 12:05 PM
EKaneTakesLives
Lurker since '05

I thought Cormier fit in pretty good last night. I was pretty pleased that Ramsay gave him decent ice time (like almost 13minutes). By the end of the year I'd say he will be ready for some a steady bottom 6 role with the big club for next season.

I hope we move Bergfors for a similar point projected winger. The Kovalchuk trade has been looking awesome lately.

Old
12-29-2010, 12:28 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

honk

Closed Thread