HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rolston officially on re-entry waivers [cleared]

Old
12-30-2010, 12:59 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Are all you posts about Lou's cap. Are you still down cause of this summer? It's ok, Lou has tree rings and your franchise has... well nothing.
I knew Lou was old, but....

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Dylbot

Would the Devils be interested in the Komisarek in exchange for Rolston?

Saves them a little money this year and next, and helps them where they're shallow, defense.

Dylbot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Section311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
Devils fans arent mad at all. we knew he probably wasnt getting claimed and it was too good to be true

we just find it amusing that Kings fans (most notably, this guy) all of the sudden hate us because we stole the guy they wanted, thats all
While I agree with you that king fans are upset, they are not upset because you stole kovy becuase you didn't. The devils were the only team willing to give him the kind of money he wanted. Kovy wanted to be a king they just werent willing to let it effect signing all their young guys in a couple of years.

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

I think NJ would take anything for Rolston. His contract only hurts because of the 35+ rule.

KINGS17 you still jelly?

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:05 PM
2fast4u2*

damn i figured SOMEONE wouldve grabbed him......he is done now....stick a fork in him

2fast4u2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:05 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
It's not that no one wants him, it's that no one wants to add his payroll for this year and next without shedding some of their own.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:11 PM
redbull
respect, earned.

anyone think too much is made about such a non-story about a player who's way past his prime?

let's move on.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:13 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
anyone think too much is made about such a non-story about a player who's way past his prime?

let's move on.
What else we gonna talk about? Not much going on until we get closer to the trade deadline.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section311 View Post
While I agree with you that king fans are upset, they are not upset because you stole kovy becuase you didn't. The devils were the only team willing to give him the kind of money he wanted. Kovy wanted to be a king they just werent willing to let it effect signing all their young guys in a couple of years.

statements with such certainty like these make me laugh.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:17 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylbot View Post
Would the Devils be interested in the Komisarek in exchange for Rolston?

Saves them a little money this year and next, and helps them where they're shallow, defense.
Having White, Volchenkov, and Komisarek on the same defense is a recipe for disaster. Having one or two slow moving stay-at-home guys is great, but in today's NHL you can't build you D around guys like that.

Honestly, I would probably do it just to have Rolston off the team but New Jersey isn't in a position to be choosy here.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:37 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:

let's move on.
Agreed, lets talk about important subjects...where's Kaberle being traded to and what is Burke going to get for him?

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:39 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
statements with such certainty like these make me laugh.
lol I know he said it was either Russia or New Jersey.

EliasR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:57 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
If Kovalchuk really wanted to be with the Kings, he'd be there. He wanted the money, to a point where no team was able to meet them, and the Kings are doing A-OK without him, while the Devils are in the cellar. So, about as many people that could be happy with that are.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Scotto74
Back in Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 View Post
damn i figured SOMEONE wouldve grabbed him......he is done now....stick a fork in him

I thought someone would grab him at 1/2 salary as well. I don't think he is done only because his salary cap hits the Devils books even if he is in the AHL because he was over 35 when he signed. I think they will keep him up now and play him limited mins hoping he will regain a little form.

Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Street Hawk

Quote:

let's move on.
It's a story because of the 35+ rule. If he was 34 when he signed, it would not be a big deal if he was buried in the minors like Redden and Souray, but his $5 million cap hit counts against the Devils this season and next no matter where he plays or even if he retires. Only way the Devils get free of his cap hit is for his rights to be moved to another franchise.

Devils just hit to bite it this year. At the start of next season, they may be able to do the re-entry again and he could get picked up.

Habs added Wisnewski because they have cap room from the Markov LTIR.

Hannan for Fleishman was NHLer for NHLer.

Not really any deals outside of that of any significance this season.

Street Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 03:48 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
If Kovalchuk really wanted to be with the Kings, he'd be there. He wanted the money, to a point where no team was able to meet them, and the Kings are doing A-OK without him, while the Devils are in the cellar. So, about as many people that could be happy with that are.
You betcha!!! and In the mean time Kovalchuk's suuuuuuuuper long contract along side Elias' 6million cap hit and Rolston's 5million cap hit is really making me think that Slats wasn't so bad when he was stumbling around signing Gomez, Drury and Redden to those terrible deals.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Reign Nateo

Pretty obvious he wasn't going to get claimed. Devils will have to try again next year if he hasn't turned it around.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 04:00 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I'm actually surprised he claimed waivers.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 04:07 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
You betcha!!! and In the mean time Kovalchuk's suuuuuuuuper long contract along side Elias' 6million cap hit and Rolston's 5million cap hit is really making me think that Slats wasn't so bad when he was stumbling around signing Gomez, Drury and Redden to those terrible deals.
Elias is good I don't mind his 6 mil cap hit. Because he produces points. See Rolston is doing nothing(except for the PK) that is why his 5 mil cap hit is bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Devils aren't in the bottom of the league because of Kovalchuk. It's because of their poor defense, lack of confidence, and inability to score goals. Sure you can blame some of it on him but the problems range out way further out than Kovy's performance.

Last edited by EliasR8: 12-30-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old
12-30-2010, 04:24 PM
BruinsBtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I'm actually surprised he claimed waivers.
So am I. I thought teams would be lining up to claim him at half price. I guess it's official that he's not worth half his salary to anybody.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Blackjack

I'm really not surprised at all, if you watch Rolston on the ice he doesn't do anything. He's completely worthless. I wouldn't want him on my team for free.

And what's with all the Kovalchuk discussion in here? I almost wish there was a moderator around to keep it on tra... oh, wait, sorry, he's just behaving like one of the tolls.

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIR8 View Post
Elias is good I don't mind his 6 mil cap hit. Because he produces points. See Rolston is doing nothing(except for the PK) that is why his 5 mil cap hit is bad.

Devils aren't in the bottom of the league because of Kovalchuk. It's because of their poor defense, lack of confidence, and inability to score goals. Sure you can blame some of it on him but the problems range out way further out than Kovy's performance.
Which is what you expect a 50-goal scorer, 90+ point player signed to over 100 million dollars in total to do.

Not saying that this is all Kovalchuk's fault, but he definitely isn't living up to anywhere near expectations. In reality, there's very few people on that roster that don't deserve some blame.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 06:04 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Which is what you expect a 50-goal scorer, 90+ point player signed to over 100 million dollars in total to do.

Not saying that this is all Kovalchuk's fault, but he definitely isn't living up to anywhere near expectations. In reality, there's very few people on that roster that don't deserve some blame.
Yeah Kovalchuk isn't playing to expectations but neither is rest of the team putting all the blame on one guy is stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
I'm really not surprised at all, if you watch Rolston on the ice he doesn't do anything. He's completely worthless. I wouldn't want him on my team for free.

And what's with all the Kovalchuk discussion in here? I almost wish there was a moderator around to keep it on tra... oh, wait, sorry, he's just behaving like one of the tolls.
Problem is Devils have him for 5 mil cap hit. Sucks.... What a waste. Most people wouldn't even have him over a mil(the way he is performing).

Old
12-30-2010, 06:08 PM
Hockify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Hawk View Post
It's a story because of the 35+ rule. If he was 34 when he signed, it would not be a big deal if he was buried in the minors like Redden and Souray, but his $5 million cap hit counts against the Devils this season and next no matter where he plays or even if he retires. Only way the Devils get free of his cap hit is for his rights to be moved to another franchise.

Devils just hit to bite it this year. At the start of next season, they may be able to do the re-entry again and he could get picked up.

Habs added Wisnewski because they have cap room from the Markov LTIR.

Hannan for Fleishman was NHLer for NHLer.

Not really any deals outside of that of any significance this season.
Or a buyout, woudln't that make the caphit any lower?

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIR8 View Post
Yeah Kovalchuk isn't playing to expectations but neither is rest of the team putting all the blame on one guy is stupid.
I know. That was the point of my post.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote