HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brule to the IR

Old
12-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMan View Post
I would still get rid of Cogliano before Brule. The center depth and ability has taken over for the defense in terms of being a bigger team weakness. Neither Cogliano nor Brule play center all that well, but I believe Brule has better winger tools than Cogliano does.

But debating this is like debating who is a better Dman between Vandermeer and Strudwick as likely they will both be gone at the end of the year. But if this an episode of survivor, Cogliano should go first.

Like I said before, I would like to at least give Brule a shot with Hemsky before kicking him to the curb to see if his value could be upped a little.
Seems we don't disagree as much as originally thought.

Both ideally should be gone and just aren't that good in supporting roles. Additionally this team could use some more size in their role players. Brule as much as he hits really doesn't inflict any punishment on opponents.
As far as the Hemsky comment I think that could really set up some bad chemistry on the club. i.e. lets take the worst performing forward on the club, and who has a pts production rate thats south of Stortini, and reward him with Hemsky minutes.

Yeah I don't see that happening in my wildest dreams.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 08:52 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
He had success with Penner
I don't know if you've noticed lately, but everyone has success with Penner. It's the fact that he hasn't had success with anyone else that causes all the worry.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 08:55 PM
DangerMan
@danlizee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Seems we don't disagree as much as originally thought.

Both ideally should be gone and just aren't that good in supporting roles. Additionally this team could use some more size in their role players. Brule as much as he hits really doesn't inflict any punishment on opponents.
As far as the Hemsky comment I think that could really set up some bad chemistry on the club. i.e. lets take the worst performing forward on the club, and who has a pts production rate thats south of Stortini, and reward him with Hemsky minutes.

Yeah I don't see that happening in my wildest dreams.
When you have wingers like Hall, MPS, Eberle, Penner, and Hemsky taking up spots on the wing, yeah, its going to be tough for Brule to get a look. So if he's gone I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but I do think there is a place for Brule to play in the NHL. Probably to team that can teach him that his biggest weapon is his ability to shoot the puck, and get him shooting more than he is now. He passes up on way too many shots right now, and for the type of player he is, thats not a good thing.

The Oilers are very rich on the wings, so Brule getting squeezed out here wouldn't surprise me at all, but it would be nice if the Oilers didn't always have to sell at 10 cents on the dollar.

DangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote