HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Kassian hit on Senkerik (UPD: Suspended 2 Games against NOR/SWE)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2010, 05:46 PM
  #26
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,217
vCash: 50
Late dirty hit.

Not a surprise from Kassian.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:46 PM
  #27
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
bob just talked about it, changed his mind.

He said at the very least, it's to the neck area, which fits the criteria.


As i said in the gdt, in realtime it looked like shoulder to visor to me. In slow mo it looked like shoulder to sternum. Not sure if sternum fits IIHF's 'neck area' criteria.

__________________
RIP Kev.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:46 PM
  #28
butchie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Hit to the head and blindside.

butchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:46 PM
  #29
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by asakuj View Post
Homerism doesn't waver even in the face of evidence. This could be a case study..
Or perhaps you should watch the hit from more than one angle?

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:47 PM
  #30
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by asakuj View Post
Homerism doesn't waver even in the face of evidence. This could be a case study..
I know some want to make this seem worse then it is yes it was a bad it yes kassian should get a game thats it.This has nothing to do with beeing a hommer open your eyes and watch the video over and over its not as bad as some want it to be.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:47 PM
  #31
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchie View Post
Hit to the head and blindside.
Yes but your wrong it was not a clear hit to the head.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:47 PM
  #32
ILuvLucic*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Location Location
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by asakuj View Post
Homerism doesn't waver even in the face of evidence. This could be a case study..
I'm amazed you believe you can draw information on depth from a 2 dimensional picture.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:48 PM
  #33
Stoneberg
Bored
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,672
vCash: 500
Beautiful hit, don't admire your passes kids.

Stoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:48 PM
  #34
umwoz
Registered User
 
umwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,196
vCash: 500
Definitely not a headshot. That still photo doesn't tell the story since its not the initial contact. The tsn replay made it quite clear that this was a shoulder to chest hit.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:49 PM
  #35
Canada4Gold
Registered User
 
Canada4Gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
The thing is they handed out the 5 minute because he was hurt that is why so many are upset.
yes, that's certainly why the penalty was handed out, however as soon as I saw it I thought 5 and a game, the argument now is hit to the head or not, and I don't think that's clear, that's why I believe they shoudln't have gave him a match penalty and instead let the disceplanary committee decide whether there should be a suspension after looking at every replay available

Canada4Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:49 PM
  #36
JeffYear92*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,922
vCash: 500
keep your head up kid, its a physical game.

JeffYear92* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:49 PM
  #37
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by asakuj View Post
Homerism doesn't waver even in the face of evidence. This could be a case study..
I don't consider one screen capture, from one angle, on it's own, to be all of the "evidence" necessary to come to a conclusion. I watched the hit live, the replay, etc. It was definitely a forceful hit. I don't think it was "to the head". The reality is you can make a 2 dimensional image *appear* as though things are happening that they aren't due to depth perception issues. This is a common optical trick.

Case in Point: http://www.collegehumor.com/pictures...ck_photography


Was it to the "head area"? Maybe. I don't know what's defined as "area". It looked like it was a tucked shoulder hit to the sternum, which, I though was legitimate.

It was probably late and deserving of an interference penalty; but I don't think my disputing your one photograph (especially in lieu of the fact that we have plenty of other angles showing it to be apparently not to the head, and the positional bias of the camera on the angle you've chosen to give us) "homerism".

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:50 PM
  #38
Fabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,261
vCash: 500
Kassian can certaintly be dirty, but anybody thinking that was intentionally dirty needs to give up hockey and watch a much safer gentler sport.

Fabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:53 PM
  #39
RangerRed
Registered User
 
RangerRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 924
vCash: 500
Clean hit. Chickens**t call.

RangerRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:54 PM
  #40
cenas*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 500
You claim to be objective while giving a player like Kassian the benefit of doubt even in the face of incriminating picture evidence. That is not objectivity, thats bs.

cenas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:54 PM
  #41
Robbler
Registered User
 
Robbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,731
vCash: 50
Kassian's a joke.

Robbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:56 PM
  #42
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by asakuj View Post
You claim to be objective while giving a player like Kassian the benefit of doubt even in the face of incriminating picture evidence. That is not objectivity, thats bs.
The picture is not incriminating at all.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:56 PM
  #43
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
If the played got up im sure Kassian wouldn't have even got a penalty.

It was clean and he definitely shouldn't been suspended

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:56 PM
  #44
umwoz
Registered User
 
umwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by asakuj View Post
You claim to be objective while giving a player like Kassian the benefit of doubt even in the face of incriminating picture evidence. That is not objectivity, thats bs.
What picture evidence, we're talking initial point of contact here. That picture shows the result of a shoulder to the chest.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:58 PM
  #45
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by asakuj View Post
You claim to be objective while giving a player like Kassian the benefit of doubt even in the face of incriminating picture evidence. That is not objectivity, thats bs.
First, I haven't seen any of us "claim to be objective", but even if anyone has, I'm not sure that you're any *more* objective when you're citing things like "a player like Kassian". That seems pretty *subjective*, which is really not the kind of analysis you should be conducting.

Additionally, and most importantly, the picture *does not reveal important elements of the actual incident, including depth and distance*. The problem with using a 2 dimensional camera angle on a 3 dimensional situation is it skews your perception of what is happening.

Example:

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:59 PM
  #46
umwoz
Registered User
 
umwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,196
vCash: 500
Canada can appeal to have the misconduct revoked, so there is not a sureshot suspension here.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:59 PM
  #47
ILuvLucic*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Location Location
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by asakuj View Post
Wow. You might have a point if the NHL wasn't dishing suspensions for hits to the head like this pretty much every other week..
They don't, you can count on 1 hand how many were given out so far this year.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 06:00 PM
  #48
leafsfuture
Registered User
 
leafsfuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,543
vCash: 500
Kassian was hunting there. It wasnt a head shot, but Im not a big fan of hits like that, and I think they only hurt the game in the sense that a player can get injured without either party being at fault.

Just my 2 cents on the matter

leafsfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 06:00 PM
  #49
vippe
Registered User
 
vippe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,822
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe
Late hit and headhunting, obvious suspension. Probably not more than 1 game though

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 06:00 PM
  #50
Alberta Yote
Nice run
 
Alberta Yote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your kitchen
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezia View Post
They don't, you can count on 1 hand how many were given out so far this year.
And none were for a hit like this.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.