HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WJC: Kreider & Bourque vs. Slovakia

Old
12-28-2010, 09:21 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

vCash: 500
Jack Campbell is great. Reminds me a ton of Richter...big game, US goalie

He's gonna be a player I think

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

What type of goaltender is Campbell?

He seems to be too far out of his net at times, but meh...whatever works.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:22 PM
darko

Game Ovah. 2 dirty plays by Slovaks. Good win.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:23 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Crylanders View Post
sounds more like a hockey play
you missed the point totally.

Dvorak has a more than deserved reputation of being a very speedy player that was very good in his own end that has no finishing ability aside from the short bit of time he was here in NY.

Both players are about the same size, both have/had great speed, both are solid players in the defensive zone, but the lack of finish is/was evident.

But he can pass.....

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I watch zero college hockey.

However, I have watched these last 2 games.

Speed, solid defensive ability, no finish.

Pretty much sums up Kreider and what he's been able to accomplish at BC last year, this year and 2 games in this tourney.
rofl

rip
DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I'm not a huge fan of Campbell, but he's been pretty good.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:24 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:

Pretty much sums up Kreider and what he's been able to accomplish at BC last year, this year and 2 games in this tourney.
Well, at least you confirmed you have no idea what you are talking about. So please stop talking about things that you wouldn't know.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Dvorak has had a 15 year NHL career with over 1000 games played.

I want Kreider in the Q. Or in the NHL. pronto.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:25 PM
TheRedViper

Quote:

You're a funny guy...

TheRedViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:30 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Well, at least you confirmed you have no idea what you are talking about. So please stop talking about things that you wouldn't know.
come talk to me when the tourney is over and he has no goals.

Then follow up THAT conversation when he ends his college season when he fails YET AGAIN to break 25 points for BC

Is it because his BC teammates are not passing to him there either?

We seem to be expecting top 6 production from Kredier at the NHL level when he's barely providing top 6 production in College.

I don't see it.

Hope I'm wrong.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:32 PM
TrollololBoyle

Kreider-Bjugstad-Borque

make it happen TeIam USA

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:

I value your opinion about as much I value my buddy heres opinion -->

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ecemleafs

Quote:
come talk to me when the tourney is over and he has no goals.

Then follow up THAT conversation when he ends his college season when he fails YET AGAIN to break 25 points for BC

Is it because his BC teammates are not passing to him there either?

We seem to be expecting top 6 production from Kredier at the NHL level when he's barely providing top 6 production in College.

I don't see it.

Hope I'm wrong.
if he is so **** at scoring why was he the leading goal scorer in last years world juniors?

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:33 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Dvorak has had a 15 year NHL career with over 1000 games played.

I want Kreider in the Q. Or in the NHL. pronto.
that's fine and kudos to Dvorak.

That said, we didn't draft Kreider to be Dvorak.

We drafted Kreider to be more than that and I would/will be disappointed if that's what he turns into.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:34 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:

You seem credible

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:34 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
if he is so **** at scoring why was he the leading goal scorer in last years world juniors?
the reason is the guy that made the Rangers out of camp this year.

Derek Stepan....

Old
12-28-2010, 09:37 PM
pld459666

My opinion and credibility have no bearing on what Kreider has been unable to do so far in his playing career against guys his size and close to his speed.

You can all look at him with Rangers colored glasses on and that is your ignorant right, but a glance at his body of work (all of it, not just this one tourney or last years tourney) and if you can sit there and say that you are pleased with his development and satisfied with his results, then you are all full of ****.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:38 PM
TheRedViper

Quote:
My opinion and credibility have no bearing on what Kreider has been unable to do so far in his playing career against guys his size and close to his speed.

You can all look at him with Rangers colored glasses on and that is your ignorant right, but a glance at his body of work (all of it, not just this one tourney or last years tourney) and if you can sit there and say that you are pleased with his development and satisfied with his results, then you are all full of ****.
Go look at his college season post WJC

TheRedViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:41 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:

Derek Stepan....
Kreider had 6 goals. Stepan had 3 secondary assists. He was not the man feeding Kreider the puck.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:42 PM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:

Derek Stepan....
they barely played together. Stepan was making kristo and damigo look good

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ecemleafs

Quote:

Derek Stepan....
steps only assists on 2 of his goals.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ColonialsHockey10

After USA went up 3-0 that was beyond excruciating to watch as a Rangers/Kreider fan. It's a shame that shots like Etems (who was invisible tonight) squeek in, yet Kreider couldn't get a bounce. It was pretty obvious he was trying to shoot more in the 3rd. I can't believe some people here are actually projecting pro potential from a blowout game like this. Wait until USA plays a legit squad and then make evaluations. This isn't rocket science. Jordan Schroeder was a walking highlight reel in the early games, and he failed to show up against the better teams. James Van Reimsdyke? Same exact thing, JVR will never live up to #2 pick status, not even close.

Watch Palmieri after he missed at the end for a hattrick, the head up, the half smile and all. Then watch the composure or players like John Tavares, Cody Hodgson and even Stepan. Those are professionals, those are the ones that earn credit even when they don't produce, not Palmieri. There is a reason Chris Kreider is hailed as a top prospect and Danny Kristo is not. It's called skill translation.

Watch Russia in the WJC and watch Kuznetsov vs. Tarasenko. Kuznetsov is the flashier one, looks like Semin. Tarasenko is the shifty one that uses his body, plays all ends of the ice, and he is going to be a much better NHL player (if either ever come). Anyone who understands the game knew that Kristo or D'Amigo would never surprise the hockey world like other top players in WJC past. Gabriel Bourque had 7 points in the first game last year in the tournament for Canada, what's his deal now? Did some of you think he was better then Hall? Everyone's favorite BC golden boy Cam Atkinson will never make a bigger impact then Kreider in the NHL.

USA was better and some of the players decided to show off their skills, there is nothing wrong with that, because I'm sure players like Bourque and Shore won't be dangling against the Canada's and Sweden's of the tournament. Kreider showed composure and acted like a professional, he passed to his teammates, and brought Zucker off the ice and he didn't get a big head when they were winning. Do me a favor and watch the bigger USA games in this tournament and get back to me.

It's pathetic that anyone would take Jerry D'Amigo, or any of the puckhogs over Kreider.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:46 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Kreider had 6 goals. Stepan had 3 secondary assists. He was not the man feeding Kreider the puck.
50% of Kreiders goals were helped by Stepan.

we all know that some primary assists are primary in name only and not the passes that generated the actual scoring chance.

That's nitpicking, but the bottom line is that lines score goals. Stepan centered Kreider quite a bit last year and assisted (primary or not) on 50% of Kreider's goals last year.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:46 PM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
After USA went up 3-0 that was beyond excruciating to watch as a Rangers/Kreider fan. It's a shame that shots like Etems (who was invisible tonight) squeek in, yet Kreider couldn't get a bounce. It was pretty obvious he was trying to shoot more in the 3rd. I can't believe some people here are actually projecting pro potential from a blowout game like this. Wait until USA plays a legit squad and then make evaluations. This isn't rocket science. Jordan Schroeder was a walking highlight reel in the early games, and he failed to show up against the better teams. James Van Reimsdyke? Same exact thing, JVR will never live up to #2 pick status, not even close.

Watch Palmieri after he missed at the end for a hattrick, the head up, the half smile and all. Then watch the composure or players like John Tavares, Cody Hodgson and even Stepan. Those are professionals, those are the ones that earn credit even when they don't produce, not Palmieri. There is a reason Chris Kreider is hailed as a top prospect and Danny Kristo is not. It's called skill translation.

Watch Russia in the WJC and watch Kuznetsov vs. Tarasenko. Kuznetsov is the flashier one, looks like Semin. Tarasenko is the shifty one that uses his body, plays all ends of the ice, and he is going to be a much better NHL player (if either ever come). Anyone who understands the game knew that Kristo or D'Amigo would never surprise the hockey world like other top players in WJC past. Gabriel Bourque had 7 points in the first game last year in the tournament for Canada, what's his deal now? Did some of you think he was better then Hall? Everyone's favorite BC golden boy Cam Atkinson will never make a bigger impact then Kreider in the NHL.

USA was better and some of the players decided to show off their skills, there is nothing wrong with that, because I'm sure players like Bourque and Shore won't be dangling against the Canada's and Sweden's of the tournament. Kreider showed composure and acted like a professional, he passed to his teammates, and brought Zucker off the ice and he didn't get a big head when they were winning. Do me a favor and watch the bigger USA games in this tournament and get back to me.

It's pathetic that anyone would take Jerry D'Amigo, or any of the puckhogs over Kreider.
Winner.

DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:48 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:

Your saying that you have to look at his whole body of work, admit to watching only 2 games, claim his success last year was due to Stepan, which is completely false, then call the rest of us ignorant and full of it?

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote