HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WJC: Kreider & Bourque vs. Slovakia

Old
12-28-2010, 09:54 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

vCash: 500
Can we please get Kreider the **** off of a line with Palmieri? There were 4 or 5 plays were Kreider had a full head of steam heading through the neutral zone, but didn't get the puck because Palmieri was skating with his head up his *** trying to do it all himself. Holy ****. It's really frustrating.

The Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Kreider is being wasted in this tournament. All this standing around the net he's being told to do is ****ing stupid. That is not his game.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:57 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Seriously. It seems like a terrible idea putting three guys who SHOULD be shoot first on a line together. They've relegated Kreider to play maker because he seems to be the only one who knows passing is important.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Again, Coyle has not been bad passing. But Palmieri is atrocious at it.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:07 PM
TrollololBoyle

HF profiles on Palmieri and D'Amigo

Kyle Palmieri
Prospect Grade: 7.0 C

Profile Contributed By: HF Staff

History
2008-09: Played for the USNTDP until removed for a rules violation. Scored 15 goals and 15 assists in the 33 games.

2009-10: Posted 9 goals, 8 assists, a minus-20, and 36 PIM as a freshman for Notre Dame. Was part of Team USA in the 2010 WJC where he posted 1 goal and 8 assists in 7 games.

Talent Analysis
Palmieri is a first-class agitator. Hard-working with good speed, the question is whether his puck skills are good enough to be more than a grinder and whether he's a team player. It's hard to justify a first-round pick on someone who doesn't have high upside.

Future
Palmieri could end up being anything from a second liner to a fourth liner. He may not have top-end skills.

Jerry D'Amigo

History
2008-09: Played for the USNTDP in Ann Arbor, scoring 43 points in 44 games. At the U18 World Championships, D’Amigo led the team and finished tied for third in the tournament, with 13 points in seven games including four goals, helping the U.S. win gold.

Talent Analysis
D'Amigo has offensive talent, but doesn't have a well-rounded game to go with it. He'll make bad passes and bad decisions in the same game as a well-executed manuever around the net.

Future
Freshman at RPI in the fall of 2009.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Kreider, Bjugstad, Bourque, Coyle and Zucker are the only players who, imho, are playing pro-level games. everyone else is trying to do everything by themselves. The passing on this team is sooooo poor. Canada is going to eat them alive if they dont learn to pass the effing puck and find lanes.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:34 PM
JeffMangum
Debaser

Quote:
Later Slovaks... I'm alright I just shake those cheap hits off like rain drops but we get the day off tomorrow good win boys
This was a tweet from Jerry D'Amigo. I like it.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:35 PM
blueshirt4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
After USA went up 3-0 that was beyond excruciating to watch as a Rangers/Kreider fan. It's a shame that shots like Etems (who was invisible tonight) squeek in, yet Kreider couldn't get a bounce. It was pretty obvious he was trying to shoot more in the 3rd. I can't believe some people here are actually projecting pro potential from a blowout game like this. Wait until USA plays a legit squad and then make evaluations. This isn't rocket science. Jordan Schroeder was a walking highlight reel in the early games, and he failed to show up against the better teams. James Van Reimsdyke? Same exact thing, JVR will never live up to #2 pick status, not even close.

Watch Palmieri after he missed at the end for a hattrick, the head up, the half smile and all. Then watch the composure or players like John Tavares, Cody Hodgson and even Stepan. Those are professionals, those are the ones that earn credit even when they don't produce, not Palmieri. There is a reason Chris Kreider is hailed as a top prospect and Danny Kristo is not. It's called skill translation.

Watch Russia in the WJC and watch Kuznetsov vs. Tarasenko. Kuznetsov is the flashier one, looks like Semin. Tarasenko is the shifty one that uses his body, plays all ends of the ice, and he is going to be a much better NHL player (if either ever come). Anyone who understands the game knew that Kristo or D'Amigo would never surprise the hockey world like other top players in WJC past. Gabriel Bourque had 7 points in the first game last year in the tournament for Canada, what's his deal now? Did some of you think he was better then Hall? Everyone's favorite BC golden boy Cam Atkinson will never make a bigger impact then Kreider in the NHL.

USA was better and some of the players decided to show off their skills, there is nothing wrong with that, because I'm sure players like Bourque and Shore won't be dangling against the Canada's and Sweden's of the tournament. Kreider showed composure and acted like a professional, he passed to his teammates, and brought Zucker off the ice and he didn't get a big head when they were winning. Do me a favor and watch the bigger USA games in this tournament and get back to me.

It's pathetic that anyone would take Jerry D'Amigo, or any of the puckhogs over Kreider.
Awesome post man.

blueshirt4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:38 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
This was a tweet from Jerry D'Amigo. I like it.
That tweet reeks of "haters gonna hate."

Infact...

Old
12-28-2010, 10:49 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
HF profiles on Palmieri and D'Amigo

Kyle Palmieri

History
2008-09: Played for the USNTDP until removed for a rules violation. Scored 15 goals and 15 assists in the 33 games.

2009-10: Posted 9 goals, 8 assists, a minus-20, and 36 PIM as a freshman for Notre Dame. Was part of Team USA in the 2010 WJC where he posted 1 goal and 8 assists in 7 games.

Talent Analysis
Palmieri is a first-class agitator. Hard-working with good speed, the question is whether his puck skills are good enough to be more than a grinder and whether he's a team player. It's hard to justify a first-round pick on someone who doesn't have high upside.

Future
Palmieri could end up being anything from a second liner to a fourth liner. He may not have top-end skills.

No wonder........... Great job HEAD COACH!!

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:54 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Lot of cockiness on this team...

could be a good thing until you try to skate the puck through three defenders

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Lot of cockiness on this team...

could be a good thing until you try to skate the puck through three defenders
i feel this team lacks an identity...they are all over the place. with Stepan at the helm you really felt this team had the cool calm collected and classy feel of their captain. right now....im just not really liking this team all that much.

Old
12-28-2010, 11:15 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i feel this team lacks an identity...they are all over the place. with Stepan at the helm you really felt this team had the cool calm collected and classy feel of their captain. right now....im just not really liking this team all that much.
True. I really wanted last years team to win. This year I don't really feel too much of an attachment.

Old
12-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
True. I really wanted last years team to win. This year I don't really feel too much of an attachment.
agreed...you really wanted that team to win so damn badly because of how hard and how well they played. With the exception of Kristo and Palmieri, they all seemed to play that team game. This year though, it seems very much about me-me-me. And somehow the guys who are tryign to play the team game are getting written off as busts whereas the guys trying to do it all by themselves are getting lauded. i havent been real happy with many of the players on this team with a few. The entire defense, and their goaltending. they are playing very well and very much like a team. most of the forwards though...blech. This tournament doesnt have that same sense of excitement that last years did. who knows, maybe it will as time goes on.

Old
12-28-2010, 11:24 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Part of it was that last year, we were gonna make a run at the vaunted Canadian team, in Canada no less. Russia was considered a favorite as well. We were the underdogs--some didn't even project us to medal.

Now, we're on our soil, the defending champions, and the favorites. It's a different situation entirely.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Part of it was that last year, we were gonna make a run at the vaunted Canadian team, in Canada no less. Russia was considered a favorite as well. We were the underdogs--some didn't even project us to medal.

Now, we're on our soil, the defending champions, and the favorites. It's a different situation entirely.
well yeah, of course there is that...but i think it really has more to do with the way these guys are playing....they just dont feel like a team. to me, last years team was personified by this:

this year feels more like an assembly of individuals...

*shrugs*

Old
12-28-2010, 11:46 PM
JimmyStart*

This whole thread made me laugh like crazy. it reminded me of when i watched the WWE as a kid and the whole crowd would chant "A**hole. A**hole." Then Stone Cold grabs the mic and goes "I don't know if you just heard but 50,000 people are calling you an a**hole." In this case almost everyone in the thread is telling one person he has no clue what he's talking about...then he affirms that over and over and over hahaha.

Very glad to hear kreider has been coachable and is bringing an all around game with him. in the pros people take advantage of his presence. But stat watchers without a clue are gonna point to the lack of stats. Although his assists have been there

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 12:38 AM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
You're not going to get what happened last year, every year. Maybe next year's team will be different, I don't know, it's hard to get that feeling year after year no matter what.

Perhaps if guys like Saad, Ambroz, Tinordi, Pitlick, Watson, Hayes and Grimaldi were on this team, things would be different.

Plug some of those guys in and the team is 10 times better. Is Watson injured or something? He really should be here.

Last edited by TrollololBoyle: 12-29-2010 at 12:49 AM.
TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 01:36 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Jack Campbell starting goaltender.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 06:36 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
watched the finland game, have watched most of tonights game and I am less than impressed with Kreider.

the opinions of limted hockey sense have been spot on.

there are at least 5-6 other guys on this team that I would prefer to have over Kreider.

He seems to be another Radek Dvorak. Lots of speed good defence, not much else.

I do not see a 20 goal guy when I watch him play. I see a 3rd liner at best.
Not sure I like this post. Just curious how a player can be judged by (1) game against a weak Slovakia team?

However, Kreider should be the dominant player and be the "man" on this team. He should lead this team in points by the end of this tournament. I find it hard to believe there are 5-6 better players on this team than Kreider.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 07:53 AM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Not sure I like this post. Just curious how a player can be judged by (1) game against a weak Slovakia team?

However, Kreider should be the dominant player and be the "man" on this team. He should lead this team in points by the end of this tournament. I find it hard to believe there are 5-6 better players on this team than Kreider.
Just an observation, but it looks like Kreider is one of the few USA forwards that executes exactly what the coaching staff wants (discussed in Game 1 relating to feeding the point for shots). Although the plays look simple, Kreider won the vast majority of his puck battles while making the smart, clean plays to the point for further play development. These were the same type of plays Tortorella was mentioning Del Zotto struggling to make in his last interview (as far as the simple play). Kreider's assist in the last game is a PERFECT example of this (won his puck battle, made the smart play up the boards to spring the 2 on 1). CK is the least of our worries!

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 08:13 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

team usa plays like they read the papers. young handsome kids. big heads. large egos. the red white and blue on their sweaters. as they say, it is what it is.

nothing new here. these kids are rock stars and they know it.

the coaches need to keep the egos in check and have these young men go out and finish the job.

im afraid this team may be fast and talented but until and unless they play as a team, they are destined to fall short.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 08:16 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
50% of Kreiders goals were helped by Stepan.

we all know that some primary assists are primary in name only and not the passes that generated the actual scoring chance.

That's nitpicking, but the bottom line is that lines score goals. Stepan centered Kreider quite a bit last year and assisted (primary or not) on 50% of Kreider's goals last year.
Ummm....who do you think will be centering him on the Rangers?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 08:20 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Ummm....who do you think will be centering him on the Rangers?
Richards

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Levitate

It does concern me that Kreider doesn't seem to be asserting himself and putting up the points that he has the skills to put up, but from watching the Finland game, I'm not sure I can say it's from lack of hockey sense...if anything I saw a guy making some smart plays when he got the puck, but he wasn't aggressive enough in getting the puck or being selfish when he got it. Because what I'm seeing is a team where you have to be selfish if you want to be the one scoring the goals, because no one else is going to pass you the puck

Kreider seems to be very much playing within a team structure and not asserting himself, which I guess could be good or bad depending on how you want to look at it

I just wish I could see this guy get a lot of minutes on a line with a playmaker. Maybe he's getting that now at BC but he's sadly probably the best playmaker on the WJC team from what I saw against Finland

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote