HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles: NFC East Champs, First Round Losers, McDermott/Paper Boy Fired

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2011, 07:12 PM
  #976
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,027
vCash: 1045
Henery doubled as a punter too, I believe. So, I wonder if they'd consider making him both the punter and kicker. Sav Rocca struggled also.

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline  
Old
04-30-2011, 07:14 PM
  #977
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,825
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I'm not too psyched about this year's draft. I don't think it was bad but it wasn't good either. I like the first two picks and I like the potential that Dion Lewis brings, but other than that I think the draft was just ok.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
04-30-2011, 07:31 PM
  #978
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'm not too psyched about this year's draft. I don't think it was bad but it wasn't good either. I like the first two picks and I like the potential that Dion Lewis brings, but other than that I think the draft was just ok.
I dont think it was that bad. Last year, people said the same thing, and overall, other than really Graham who didnt look bad or good, I think that draft went pretty well. Allen started. Coleman started near the end. Harbor didnt look bad at all. Cooper didnt play alot, but overall was good.

I think this draft wasnt bad at all.

I have a feeling Danny Watkins is going to be close to a fan favorite. Every talks about how he can not only play, his personality is liked by everyone. I like the pick. I know some dont like his age but overall I like it.

Jaiquawn Jarrett looks like he has a chance at pushing for a starting spot. He isnt the fastest player, but reports say that he hits like a truck, and would complement Allen well.

Curtis Marsh Im not to impressed with. Dont know much about him, but it was said when we drafted him it was a reach.

Casey Matthews is liked ALOT by some and not alot by others. I think this season he can be effective.

Henery looks like he is going to clutch. Very happy to have him. Maybe alittle high to draft him, but he is a really good kicker who barely missed in college.

Dion Lewis is mostly potential. He is still pretty young and I think he would have benifted staying another year in college but that's in the past.

I dont know much about the rest of the guys, but when they interviewed Vandervelde, he was so excited to be coming to Philly he could barely control himself. Him and Waktins know each other somewhat.

sa cyred is offline  
Old
04-30-2011, 11:11 PM
  #979
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
thats why Ive been wanting to get a pass rusher, because a good pass rush can make secondaries alot better than they really are.
They already drafted three of them last year. Reid believes players should make a big jump between years one and two, so they have plenty of young players competing there already.

Damaged Goods is offline  
Old
05-01-2011, 02:45 PM
  #980
RoyMunson
Registered User
 
RoyMunson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
They already drafted three of them last year. Reid believes players should make a big jump between years one and two, so they have plenty of young players competing there already.
and since we have a new DL coach, I'm sure if there was somebody they wanted to go after that was a substantial upgrade over what we already have, they would have made the move to get them.

Maybe Washburn likes what we have... probably the smallest DL in the NFL.

RoyMunson is offline  
Old
05-01-2011, 05:27 PM
  #981
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I dont think it was that bad. Last year, people said the same thing, and overall, other than really Graham who didnt look bad or good, I think that draft went pretty well. Allen started. Coleman started near the end. Harbor didnt look bad at all. Cooper didnt play alot, but overall was good.

I think this draft wasnt bad at all.

I have a feeling Danny Watkins is going to be close to a fan favorite. Every talks about how he can not only play, his personality is liked by everyone. I like the pick. I know some dont like his age but overall I like it.

Jaiquawn Jarrett looks like he has a chance at pushing for a starting spot. He isnt the fastest player, but reports say that he hits like a truck, and would complement Allen well.

Curtis Marsh Im not to impressed with. Dont know much about him, but it was said when we drafted him it was a reach.

Casey Matthews is liked ALOT by some and not alot by others. I think this season he can be effective.

Henery looks like he is going to clutch. Very happy to have him. Maybe alittle high to draft him, but he is a really good kicker who barely missed in college.

Dion Lewis is mostly potential. He is still pretty young and I think he would have benifted staying another year in college but that's in the past.

I dont know much about the rest of the guys, but when they interviewed Vandervelde, he was so excited to be coming to Philly he could barely control himself. Him and Waktins know each other somewhat.
3 years from now, I would not be surpassed if Marsh is our best pick. A 6'1" corner with 4.42 speed. He is a converted RB so he is still getting sued to the position. The kid is an outstanding athlete with fluid hips. With a few years of NFL coaching, I think he could be a great pick. He is not an immediate answer at CB (we will ened to get that in FA) but down the line, he will be a very good player IMO.

mm6492 is offline  
Old
05-01-2011, 05:32 PM
  #982
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMunson View Post
and since we have a new DL coach, I'm sure if there was somebody they wanted to go after that was a substantial upgrade over what we already have, they would have made the move to get them.

Maybe Washburn likes what we have... probably the smallest DL in the NFL.
Our DT's are gonna be much more effective under Wasburn, as he witches to a 1-gap system and allows them to actually get some pressure and not just occupy blockers. This is a much better fit for Laws, Bunkley, and Patterson. Dixon can be worked into the system as well as well, as he is good against the run.

Our DE's are not gonna be asked to play in coverage (which was the stupidest thing about last year) and will be allowed to get to the QB. Wasburn already said it was awful how Cole was used last year, and he will have more freedom to get after the QB this year. Also, don't be surprised if we sign jason Babin, who turned his career around under Washburn, has ties with Andy Reid, and is now a FA. And although the odds are verrrryyyy low, Albert Hayneswerth was the best defensive player in the league in his time under Washburn, and has publicly raved about him.

mm6492 is offline  
Old
05-01-2011, 06:05 PM
  #983
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,821
vCash: 500
I was an Eagles fan before, but now that they have a Canadian this should be fun. I might get a Watkins Jersey for when I go to see them in Buffalo.

KimiFerrari is offline  
Old
05-01-2011, 06:08 PM
  #984
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
3 years from now, I would not be surpassed if Marsh is our best pick. A 6'1" corner with 4.42 speed. He is a converted RB so he is still getting sued to the position. The kid is an outstanding athlete with fluid hips. With a few years of NFL coaching, I think he could be a great pick. He is not an immediate answer at CB (we will ened to get that in FA) but down the line, he will be a very good player IMO.
I think thats what they said is his worse attribute. They said he has really tight hips.

sa cyred is offline  
Old
05-01-2011, 06:16 PM
  #985
Justified
Moderator
Amaro out
 
Justified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 34,188
vCash: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
They already drafted three of them last year. Reid believes players should make a big jump between years one and two, so they have plenty of young players competing there already.
but you can never have to many pass rushers. I want someone on the other side of Trent Cole that consistently harass the QB.

Justified is offline  
Old
05-01-2011, 06:24 PM
  #986
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I think thats what they said is his worse attribute. They said he has really tight hips.
When I watched him, his hips seemed fluid, he just was not ready at CB. It takes a while to get used to back pedaling and reacting to both the QB and WR, and sometimes he seemed to be a little lost out there, and that caused some issues. Thats why I think it will take him a couple years to get fully comfortable with the position.

mm6492 is offline  
Old
05-01-2011, 06:25 PM
  #987
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
They already drafted three of them last year. Reid believes players should make a big jump between years one and two, so they have plenty of young players competing there already.
They have 1 guy coming off an ACL tear, a dude who never saw the field last year, and an underweight situational rusher who didn't even get on the roster last year.

I really want Jason Babin in FA.

mm6492 is offline  
Old
05-01-2011, 09:59 PM
  #988
TimmyVezina
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
I'm sure they can sign a corner in FA( Ike Taylor, NA) that will take the exposure off of Allen and Jarrett. I couldn't care less if Mikell returns. He was an All-Pro of the system(that system being Dawkins) anyway. Hopefully Washburn can dial up the pressure and keep the front 7 playing downhill all year. Coleman/Hanson can play nickel so we can forget about anymore of these Marlin Jackson experiment.

Marsh seems to be getting love from scouts. I don't see it yet, but coach him up and hopefully he's something special in a year or 2.

Watkins was the right pick. I'm just happy they were smart enough to pass on Carmini. That's not a canadian bias. They needed an immediate impact at guard and this years FA class is so far pretty weak. I want the attitude back on the line. Hopefully it can rub off on Peters.

Casey Matthews is the same size as Sims and Gaither except he has a better east-west motor. Sims can't cover ****, so even if they plug him into WILL or start him out in Nickel packages i'd be happy. The kid needs to see the field! I'm tired of the yearly LB carousel.
People knocking his size need to look around the league. If he puts on 10-12 lbs he'll average out as the same size as 1/2 the leagues starting MLB.


So long Akers/Sav? I have a feeling AR sensed that Henery was about to go off the board within the next round. I'm not calling the NCAA record holder a reach. If he was an undersized LB from 'BYU they wanted to make into a DE...i would say it was A-typical of this FO to reach on him. But they drafted him to start.

TimmyVezina is offline  
Old
05-03-2011, 11:19 AM
  #989
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Jaiquawn Jarret!

Temple represent!

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
05-04-2011, 09:28 PM
  #990
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
3 years from now, I would not be surpassed if Marsh is our best pick. A 6'1" corner with 4.42 speed. He is a converted RB so he is still getting sued to the position. The kid is an outstanding athlete with fluid hips. With a few years of NFL coaching, I think he could be a great pick. He is not an immediate answer at CB (we will ened to get that in FA) but down the line, he will be a very good player IMO.
This. Good on you for knowing what you're talking about, unlike people who just talk out of their ass without ever having seen a guy play. I too am a huge fan of the Marsh pick -- had him as the most underrated cornerback prospect in the draft -- and expect him to be starting in 2-3 years. Ask Titus Young and Austin Pettis if this guy can play. The Eagles are hoping Marsh can progress much in the way Sam Shields (a converted wide receiver) did for the Packers this past season.

Amateur Hour is offline  
Old
05-04-2011, 09:33 PM
  #991
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I think thats what they said is his worse attribute. They said he has really tight hips.
Not really. If that's the case, "they" never watched Marsh play.

Amateur Hour is offline  
Old
05-04-2011, 10:00 PM
  #992
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Not really. If that's the case, "they" never watched Marsh play.
Well, I guess the ESPN people, NFL.com people, and the Eagles reporters all never watched him then. Its straight up on his draft profile. They even said it when they drafted him. I can see your a fan of his though so this debate isnt going to go anywhere.

sa cyred is offline  
Old
05-23-2011, 10:24 AM
  #993
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,270
vCash: 500
Just wanted to say, there are a few articles online stating that the eagles will go after Plaxico Burress after he gets out of jail on June 8.

sa cyred is offline  
Old
05-23-2011, 12:41 PM
  #994
Start Leighton*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Just wanted to say, there are a few articles online stating that the eagles will go after Plaxico Burress after he gets out of jail on June 8.
Can he play CB? What about LB? OL? How about DT? FS?

Seriously that's stupid. You have Jackson and Maclin one of the best wideout pairings in the league. Plus they have Avant who is great for a slot receiver.

Start Leighton* is offline  
Old
05-23-2011, 12:44 PM
  #995
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start Leighton View Post
Can he play CB? What about LB? OL? How about DT? FS?

Seriously that's stupid. You have Jackson and Maclin one of the best wideout pairings in the league. Plus they have Avant who is great for a slot receiver.
The only WR they have listed over 6' is Riley Cooper. Signing Plaxico Burress makes a LOT of sense if you're looking at it that way. He would give them red zone options they're currently lacking.

Jester is offline  
Old
05-23-2011, 02:08 PM
  #996
Phileeguy
39.904N 75.168W
 
Phileeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 5,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The only WR they have listed over 6' is Riley Cooper. Signing Plaxico Burress makes a LOT of sense if you're looking at it that way. He would give them red zone options they're currently lacking.
As much as I agree with having some height at WR would help relieve some red zone woes I'd much rather see them go after some help on the other side of the ball first. I wouldn't be against the signing of Plax specifically, but I'd like to see the worst ever red zone defense addressed via free agency before the subpar red zone offense.

Anywho, getting close to 1k, think of interesting names.

Phileeguy is offline  
Old
05-23-2011, 05:03 PM
  #997
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,513
vCash: 2486
Someone want to start a new Eagles' thread? This will be closed shortly.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline  
Old
05-23-2011, 05:35 PM
  #998
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
As much as I agree with having some height at WR would help relieve some red zone woes I'd much rather see them go after some help on the other side of the ball first. I wouldn't be against the signing of Plax specifically, but I'd like to see the worst ever red zone defense addressed via free agency before the subpar red zone offense.

Anywho, getting close to 1k, think of interesting names.
Well, I'm not sure word being out that he's someone they're interested in means that they won't look on the other side. Obviously there's a certain CB that is clearly getting recruited.

I would wager Plaxico will get better offers from teams more desperate for help, and with more stupid in charge. Like, say, the Redskins.

Jester is offline  
Old
05-23-2011, 06:28 PM
  #999
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,513
vCash: 2486
This is closed.

A new thread is now open: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=916983


Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 05-23-2011 at 06:43 PM.
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.