HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If only Price could score goals

Old
12-28-2010, 10:55 PM
LastRide

vCash: 500
They made a big blunder letting Boucher go. He should have been the next coach. He seems like a smart guy that knows what he's doing. Who they going to get now ?, maybe Muller. At this rate JM isn't going to last too much longer, but they might not let him go cause it looks bad on them.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:57 PM
prairie hab

I say it all too often:

There are far too many roster players that do the same damn thing:

Pyatt, Darche, Halpern, Eller, Pouliot, Lapierre, Moen........... the list goes on. You can nitpick about one's physicality being greater than another's (Moen) or one being better defensively and on faceoffs (Halpern), but really we have 9-10 roster players who are "filler" right now.

If this is the case, we might as well call up some youngsters who are HUNGRY a la White, Desharnais, Palushaj, Carle, etc., and let them breathe life back into the abysmal brand of hockey we have seen over the last 3 weeks.

Pacioretty and A. Kost are not solutions for the top 6 either. Gauthier must get another reliable veteran to get the top two lines going again.

I suggest Iginla - at whatever cost.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:02 PM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
They made a big blunder letting Boucher go. He should have been the next coach. He seems like a smart guy that knows what he's doing. Who they going to get now ?, maybe Muller. At this rate JM isn't going to last too much longer, but they might not let him go cause it looks bad on them.
Lets let go of the Guy Boucher love already. The man has yet to complete one season as a head coach, and everyone is crowning him the next Scotty Bowman.

Its about time Tampa's perennial high draft picks are panning out into a legitimate contender. This has more to do with drafting, (not a lot of thinking has to go into the draft when you pick in the top 4 or 5 all the time), and a weak Southeast division than Guy Boucher.

Stamkos, Hedman, St. Louis, and a resurgent Lecavalier are good enough to get that team into the playoffs.

Muller is the Habs next coach in waiting. Book it. And I am pleased at that prospect.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:10 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Lets let go of the Guy Boucher love already. The man has yet to complete one season as a head coach, and everyone is crowning him the next Scotty Bowman.

Its about time Tampa's perennial high draft picks are panning out into a legitimate contender. This has more to do with drafting, (not a lot of thinking has to go into the draft when you pick in the top 4 or 5 all the time), and a weak Southeast division than Guy Boucher.

Stamkos, Hedman, St. Louis, and a resurgent Lecavalier are good enough to get that team into the playoffs.

Muller is the Habs next coach in waiting. Book it. And I am pleased at that prospect.
I'd love for muller to be the next head coach. But apparently you can't coach hockey here if you cant speak french.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:

how do you know? i hope you're right

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:13 PM
LastRide

Quote:

I would like to see Muller as the Next HC for the Habs. I always liked Muller. I don't know if he can do anything with some of the poor saps we have on this team. No coach can help you out if you don't have the talent to go with it. Some players clearly need to be moved out and the right decisions made to bring in.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:27 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
Boucher had his rough times too this season with both Lecavalier and Gagné injured for a long stretch as well as some nice defensemen.. Habs are obviously exposed defensively right now while some offensive guys are in a bad slump as well, you can have the best system out there, but you have the players you have.. Our pairings were rather solid overall since the begin of the season but the lost of Markov and the Subban struggling is actually showing.. we have basically no transition while our pairings are no more reliable even defnesively.. Gill has always had a tough time to play in this league even stregth, but playing with a guy like Gorges basically saved his carreer, now that Gorges is himself struggling due to an injury, Gill is exposed more than ever.. Spacek and Hamrlik dont lack heart or work ethic, they just cant take top minutes anymore, at the moment Spacek looks like he lost his head while Hamrlik is making mistakes.. That D needed help badly so the last move by Gauthier is so welcome, now Martin will have to find 3 reliable pairings, it could take some games to find the right fittings but Im confident our D core will get better overall, Ive no doubt Subban's game will come back at a good level while there should be some real competitions for the 6th defenseman spot, I wouldnt be surprised to see Martin starts sitting some vets like Spacek Gill... thats a dangerous game to play but I think thats pretty justified..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:29 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
The difference between Caps/Pens and us is that while both of those teams had their losing stretches, their winning streaks far exceed what our team is capable of. You really think we can win 12 games in a row like the Pens or go one month with just one regulation loss like the Caps? That's what enabled those teams to rise atop of the standings, even with their horrid stretches of play a times. We can't do that to the same extent, so this comparison is way off.
I said "even the caps and the Pens" go through that, not comparing the Habs to them, and they are still in the playoff, they don't need to go on a 12 games winning streak, they just need to go back to their good habits, the Habs have an good enough line-up to easily take back the 3rd spot during january.

There is plenty of exemple every years.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:31 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
I'd love for muller to be the next head coach. But apparently you can't coach hockey here if you cant speak french.
If you can't learn french to get paid a million+$ to coach the greatest hockey team in history, i wouldn't trust ya with a profesionnal hockey team.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:46 PM
LesHabsRock

I think I can pinpoint the problem for this road trip tailspin and trace it back to the Detroit and Philly games. Montreal outplayed both teams badly and came away with losses. They had 20 shots on goal in the third period alone in that Detroit game and deserved a win. You could even say the Dallas game should have been a win. They outshot Dallas 29-17. 17 shots against and Dallas scores 5 goals. That's just bad luck. Colorado was another game I thought we deserved better. A lot of these games (losses) can be attributed to bad luck. What that has translated to is a scoring drought. It's not like Montreal is getting badly outplayed as a whole on this road trip. IMO they deserve a better fate than one win. If they can somehow salvage two wins in Florida and finish 3-4 on the road trip then it wouldn't be so much of a disaster.

I'm not worried in the least. This IS just a slump and they'll climb back out of it. It's really about confidence right now and holding their sticks a little too tightly.

Last edited by LesHabsRock: 12-28-2010 at 11:52 PM.
LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 12:51 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
I think I can pinpoint the problem for this road trip tailspin and trace it back to the Detroit and Philly games. Montreal outplayed both teams badly and came away with losses. They had 20 shots on goal in the third period alone in that Detroit game and deserved a win. You could even say the Dallas game should have been a win. They outshot Dallas 29-17. 17 shots against and Dallas scores 5 goals. That's just bad luck. Colorado was another game I thought we deserved better. A lot of these games (losses) can be attributed to bad luck. What that has translated to is a scoring drought. It's not like Montreal is getting badly outplayed as a whole on this road trip. IMO they deserve a better fate than one win. If they can somehow salvage two wins in Florida and finish 3-4 on the road trip then it wouldn't be so much of a disaster.

I'm not worried in the least. This IS just a slump and they'll climb back out of it. It's really about confidence right now and holding their sticks a little too tightly.
17 shots but how many good scoring chances on those shots? Many.. you probably didnt watch the games very well cause we turned the puck over like crazy and they skated through our defensemen so easily.. We were lucky to win this game against the canes and we certainly didnt deserve others..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 01:23 AM
JackZap

Quote:

its hard for assistant coaches to fill in as head coaches on a same team, not sure why but it seems its that way

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 01:25 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Well, I can already predict the Habs will get out of the slump by next game. The key: the PP. They have what they needed so much and that's the cannon from the blue line. When you have Hamrlik that can one-time a shot to save his life, Subban that takes 48 hours to shoot, Weber that misses the net 3 times out of 4 and Spacek... well no comment on Spacegoat, well, of course, the opposing teams will focus on the our forwards. But now, they will have to respect Wiz shot and I'm sure it will open up space to work for the forwards. Add some PP goals and we're back on track.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 02:30 AM
HabsolutelyCanadien

Yes I absolutely agree that we SHOULD of have signed Guy Boucher! obviously he WOULD of made it better for us if he made it better for those *****ers! but you never know because Jacques Martin was still the coach in the last playoffs! now we got a GOOD defence! now we got a BETTER defence! now we finally have the best REPLACEMENT so far for Andrei Markov! cause now we have the Wiz! one of the best in my opinion! but anyways now I'm really hoping that Pierre Gauthier also signs Bieksa or someone like him! you know just at least 1 more GOOD defenceman! and hopefully maybe even 1 more sniper 1 more power forward 1 more scorer! cause I want to really improve our defence more! and also improve our offence! I want us to win the cup! and I think we are close right now to achieving a team that can finalyyyyyyyyy do that by just getting at least 1 more good defenceman! and or at least 1 more good power forward! but yeah I think we improved our defence tremendously especially considering the way our D was working in the past 3 weeks! so yeah we are way better now in our defence by signing James Wisniewski! so its all good! GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

Last edited by HabsolutelyCanadien: 12-29-2010 at 02:35 AM.
HabsolutelyCanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 02:35 AM
HabsolutelyCanadien

and YES Capitaine Gionta I completely agree with you!

Old
12-29-2010, 02:40 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i couldn't put myself through another stinker so soon, so i black opped it for most of the night after the 1st.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 02:57 AM
HabsolutelyCanadien

yeah I don't blame you I almost lost my voice for screaming in anger! lol! it's been really depressing in the last 3 weeks! I can't wait when we finalyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy win! GO HABS GO!

Old
12-29-2010, 03:31 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
17 shots but how many good scoring chances on those shots? Many.. you probably didnt watch the games very well cause we turned the puck over like crazy and they skated through our defensemen so easily.. We were lucky to win this game against the canes and we certainly didnt deserve others..
Really? Well, if the 17 shots allowed doesn't say it for you then maybe the faceoff circle 34-24 for Montreal that game let alone the 29-17 shot advantage. If you're trying to hold onto giveaways then it was actually pretty close at 13-11 for Montreal. How about blocked shots? Yep, Dallas was busy blocking 20 extra shots while Montreal blocked 10. Based on stats alone I can tell you the only reason why we lost that game was bad luck combined with extremely polar goaltending. Did you not watch the Philly, Detroit, or Colorado games? Montreal played very well (were clearly the better team against DET and PHI) and still lost.

Oh, and Dallas was 1 for 2 on the PP. Habs 0 for 4. Habs also played a disciplined game.

Old
12-29-2010, 03:38 AM
HabsolutelyCanadien

yeah bad luck mixed with so so goaltending but the biggest bad thing in the last 3 weeks was the defence in my opinion! but now we have improved it alot! I can't wait when we finally play well and win! GO HABS GO!

Old
12-29-2010, 03:46 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsolutelyCanadien View Post
yeah bad luck mixed with so so goaltending but the biggest bad thing in the last 3 weeks was the defence in my opinion! but now we have improved it alot! I can't wait when we finally play well and win! GO HABS GO!
I think the defense has been fine. It's the offense that has dried up. Am I the only who see's that? We're losing games 3-0, 3-1, 3-2 for the most part. When the Habs score 3 goals they usually win. And that has not been happening. Obviously, fans will blame the defense as mistakes are made more apparent when you're losing games. Right now they pretty much have to play mistake free hockey in order to win.

Old
12-29-2010, 04:10 AM
HabsolutelyCanadien

yeah your right then I'll say it's both the defence and the offence in the last 3 weeks that has not been good! because in the last 3 weeks the defence was not really playing good defence and the offence was not really bringing offence by missing open nets way too often or you know by not scoring much in the last 3 weeks! anyways! GO HABS GO!

Old
12-29-2010, 06:12 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Flying to Florida today

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Rickkins

One has to wonder how long before rumblings about dumping the coach begin. Oh wait, they just did....

Problems this systematic are often indicative of teams who have lost faith in their coach.

Perhaps it's time to let Kirk Muller have his shot.

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 06:49 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
One has to wonder how long before rumblings about dumping the coach begin. Oh wait, they just did....

Problems this systematic are often indicative of teams who have lost faith in their coach.

Perhaps it's time to let Kirk Muller have his shot.
and perhaps it's time with stick with a coach and not let players mood dictate management decision...

cause whatever we could think of JM, his replacement will face the same amount of critics, if not more, after just a few months... happening with JM now, happened to Carbo, Julien, Therrien, Vigneault...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Flying to Florida today
Have fun, guys will win both games

Habs 4 Life is online now   Reply With Quote