HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If only Price could score goals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-29-2010, 07:27 AM
  #126
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,081
vCash: 500
pp killed us last night, early on 2 chances and we didn't mustard anything combined with not much emotions out there and we were done after the 1st period down 2-0. Hope they could find a way to win both games now, we really need the 4 points badly

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 08:08 AM
  #127
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,236
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
These dudes are losing their damn minds on L'Antichambre.

They're blasting Cam. LMAO
because he doesnt deserve it?
he's crap

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 08:11 AM
  #128
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
because he doesnt deserve it?
he's crap
Yes and No. He's a streaky player. AndreiK on that line is a waste of time.

Thing about Cam is I think people expect him to be a 35-40 goal guy.... I don't see that here...he's more like a 25-30 goal guy.

Martin's system hurts us offensively.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 08:12 AM
  #129
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
because he doesnt deserve it?
he's crap
yeah, like l'Antichambre is using logic when it comes to commenting...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 08:24 AM
  #130
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,789
vCash: 500
we look like the panthers.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 10:28 AM
  #131
ScottFC
Registered User
 
ScottFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: чуд
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,102
vCash: 500
I really don't think we're in much trouble imho this is just a slump. The scoring hances are still there but the pucks not going in and I don't want to all it luck but the bounes just aren't going our way. The good part about all this is that it forced Gauthier to make a move which I really think will help the team and it leaves him time to address more of the teams needs at the trade deadline.

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 10:36 AM
  #132
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSolutelyDbest View Post
The good part about all this is that it forced Gauthier to make a move which I really think will help the team and it leaves him time to address more of the teams needs at the trade deadline.
Seeing how Gauthier has operated so far, and given how little he paid for Wis, I think this move was in the cards before and would have been done even if the team was where it should be.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 10:39 AM
  #133
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Seeing how Gauthier has operated so far, and given how little he paid for Wis, I think this move was in the cards before and would have been done even if the team was where it should be.
That's enough for a guy who will be UFA next July and is at best a #4 d-man.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 10:44 AM
  #134
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
That's enough for a guy who will be UFA next July and is at best a #4 d-man.
#4 is the floor for Wis, not the ceiling.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 10:58 AM
  #135
couris
Registered User
 
couris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,988
vCash: 500

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 12:10 PM
  #136
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
I'm less worried right now than I was before that game.

The lost against Washington was almost inevitable. They just hit rock bottom they struggle on defense and the offense is invisible. They will need to come back to earth and just play hockey, confidence will be back and they will OK.

The Wiz will help them not just because of his play but a new player(not a ahl rookie) on a team will boost their confidence. I think they will win the 2 games in Florida and that's all they need

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 01:36 PM
  #137
dutchy29
Registered User
 
dutchy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Same story as all season, average defense, excellent goaltending, no goal scoring.
Happy about our new d-man, don't know if that alone will fix all goal scoring issues, but I hope it boosts the PP the way MAB did a couple of seasons ago.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 03:44 PM
  #138
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups
 
Metropolitsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
I wish we could have won just to see Boudreau lose it on 24/7

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 03:12 PM
  #139
couris
Registered User
 
couris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
Same story as all season, average defense, excellent goaltending, no goal scoring.
Happy about our new d-man, don't know if that alone will fix all goal scoring issues, but I hope it boosts the PP the way MAB did a couple of seasons ago.
that was last season, not a couple of seasons ago.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 03:22 PM
  #140
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Yes and No. He's a streaky player. AndreiK on that line is a waste of time.

Thing about Cam is I think people expect him to be a 35-40 goal guy.... I don't see that here...he's more like a 25-30 goal guy.

Martin's system hurts us offensively.
I think people expect him to be a 30+ guy. The problem with cam is that he's a turnover machine and soft as butter when he's not scoring. I've seen children fight in the corners harder than him.

Not entirely his fault though, it's not the kind of player he's supposed to be, but because of a lack of strong, board-battle winning players in the top 6, he looks worse for it.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 03:44 PM
  #141
JayBee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I think people expect him to be a 30+ guy. The problem with cam is that he's a turnover machine and soft as butter when he's not scoring. I've seen children fight in the corners harder than him.

Not entirely his fault though, it's not the kind of player he's supposed to be, but because of a lack of strong, board-battle winning players in the top 6, he looks worse for it.
And that's why I see him as a 25-30 goal guy.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 03:48 PM
  #142
bhuya71
Registered User
 
bhuya71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 2,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I think people expect him to be a 30+ guy. The problem with cam is that he's a turnover machine and soft as butter when he's not scoring. I've seen children fight in the corners harder than him.

Not entirely his fault though, it's not the kind of player he's supposed to be, but because of a lack of strong, board-battle winning players in the top 6, he looks worse for it.
Ya lols...watching cammy trying to check someone into the boards is like smacking someone on the back with a feather...they aren't even phased lol

it sucks because the line would be complimented by a big board player! (can we pull a pollock and get couturier?)

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.