Thrashers lose 6-3 @ Pittsburgh

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2010, 08:35 PM
KevFist
is best pony

vCash: 500
Thrashers lose 6-3 @ Pittsburgh

...Think I'm gonna go get that Colonoscopy now.... It'll be more pleasant than watching that game again...

Old
12-28-2010, 08:39 PM
manifestodestiny

Cormier wasn't that bad. The minus one was not his fault, and he did not make an egregious errors.

Old
12-28-2010, 08:41 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
... I got nothing

Old
12-28-2010, 08:44 PM
ArVeeDee

We're still in a good position. Enough with the sky is falling nonsense. I have faith that Ramsay will turn it around. I'll be worried when we fall out of a playoff spot.

Old
12-28-2010, 08:44 PM
SilverRiver89

vCash: 1365
Looked like they were deflated after that great first period but not coming away with the lead.

Old
12-28-2010, 08:46 PM
manifestodestiny

I think that Burmistrov needs some time off, although if Kane is out then I do not know. Perhaps we should call up Machacek and still give Burmi a couple nights off:

Ladd-Pevs-Stewart
Antropov-Little-Bergfors
Mach-Cormier-Modin
Boulton-Slater-Thorborn

Old
12-28-2010, 08:48 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArVeeDee View Post
We're still in a good position. Enough with the sky is falling nonsense. I have faith that Ramsay will turn it around. I'll be worried when we fall out of a playoff spot.
I agree with this guy. That was just the most depressing lost I have ever witnessed. I. Hate. Crosby.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Pitt's Best #87 #66

Good game, guys. Your team played a great first period and if it wasn't for Fleury and Crosby, you probably would have won the game easily. Don't be too defeated. There aren't too many teams that have been able to escape the wrath of Crosby. Just be patient. Your team is young and good. It will fall together.

I really like a lot of pieces on your team and will be rooting for you guys in the future. I didn't think Burmistrov looked that bad. The Letestu goal is his fault but what made the defenseman think it was a good idea to leave him stranded like that? He's very tenacious and will be great sometime soon.

Also hope for a quick recovery for Evander Kane. He's fantastic and is easily becoming one of my favorite players.

What's up with Bogosian? He's not very noticeable out there but I guess that could be a good thing too.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:13 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Ok, hate to burst the happy bubble but here is what I heard on the pregame radio show and it pissed me off so much that I didn't even bother with the boards during the game....

QUESTION TO BRYAN LITTLE: So did the loss against Tampa Bay leave everyone generally angry or was everyone just disgusted after coming back and losing the way we did?

ANSWER: No, we were pretty happy getting the point. We played hard and earned the point. No one is upset.

Well guess what. That sounds like years 1 - 10 and it sucks that no one has peeled any paint off the wall after the last 3 losses.

I gave up the evening after that because all the cheering, wishing, finger crossing, etc., ain't gonna do diddly-doo when the players are happy with "the point" instead of pissed that the losing continues.

The Boston-Tampa game was awesome. Physical, big shots, passing and scrapping. I want that.

As long as I'm venting:

We miss Antropov's big body on the PP. He's good on the wall. Ladd was invisible all night.

Modin probably has the best hands in close, why wasn't he in on the 5-on-3 instead of Stewart?

Cormier needs a few more games and he might move to Peverley's spot. Mock me now, but check back in February.

And finally, WHAT THE HELL WAS WITH DOUBLE SHIFTING BEN EAGER????? He needs to be waived.

I'm done. Will be there Thursday.

Last edited by ThrasherMinion: 12-28-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old
12-28-2010, 09:16 PM
hockey momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
Ok, hate to burst the happy bubble but here is what I heard on the pregame radio show and it pissed me off so much that I didn't even bother with the boards during the game....

QUESTION TO BRYAN LITTLE: So did the loss against Tampa Bay leave everyone generally angry or was everyone just disgusted after coming back and losing the way we did?

ANSWER: No, we were pretty happy getting the point. We played hard and earned the point. No one is upset.

Well guess what. That sounds like years 1 - 10 and it sucks that no one has peeled any paint off the wall after the last 3 losses.

I gave up the evening after that because all the cheering, wishing, finger crossing, etc., ain't gonna due diddly-doo when the players are happy with "the point" instead of pissed that the losing continues.

The Boston-Tampa game was awesome. Physical, big shots, passing and scrapping. I want that.
Is your past name ASF?? You just seem to have a hate on for Little today! He was our best forward on the ice tonight aside from Kane whom left the game.. Happy New Year Grinch!

Old
12-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I don't think Chucky's necessarily chirping Little, I think it's just because he was the one in the interview and it escalated from there. I think the anger is from the reaction saying no one was upset we didn't get both points coupled with our performance tonight.

Equals one unhappy pappy.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:25 PM
sooshii
Living the dream

vCash: 50
B's fan in peace - I saw something on FB - what happened to Evander? (TIA)

Old
12-28-2010, 09:26 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

If Little was the best on the ice, then we are really in trouble. He's fine and dandy but we need size down the middle and in the corners. We need someone who can shoot and is prepared to shoot from the slot. I've said before, he's smart, and is where he should be without the puck, but HE'S TOO SMALL TO DO WHAT HE DOES. He has to stop the puck before he shoots and it's maddening. Watch him!

YES, defensively and on the rush, HE'S OUR BEST GUY....but the SYSTEM is puck control and we ARE SHOWING TO BE SMALL FOR THAT.

Peverley gets pushed around too much too. He's killing our PP because he's too much razzle and no dazzle on the side walls. WE MISS ANTRO on the side wall.

We need more size. Why do you think Bergfors sits? Why do you think Eager was double shifted for Kane --stupid idea, but we have to get bigger to compete with the big boys.

And you better not leave any presents out because I'm coming for yours 4ever.

Last edited by ThrasherMinion: 12-28-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old
12-28-2010, 09:31 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
Asham hit him into the boards. Kind of knee on knee but clean. Kane looked like he could go if he absolutely had to, but didn't come back. He was in the tunnel for a while.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:33 PM
hockey momma

Quote:
If Little was the best on the ice, then we are really in trouble. He's fine and dandy but we need size down the middle and in the corners. We need someone who can shoot and is prepared to shoot from the slot. I've said before, he's smart, and is where he should be without the puck, but HE'S TOO SMALL. He has to stop the puck before he shoots and it's maddening. Watch him!

YES, defensively and on the rush, HE'S OUR BEST GUY....but the SYSTEM is puck control and we ARE SHOWING TO BE SMALL FOR THAT.

Peverley gets pushed around too much too. He's killing our PP because he's too much razzle and no dazzle on the side walls. WE MISS ANTRO on the side wall.

We need more size. Why do you think Bergfors sits? Why do you think Eager was double shifted for Kane --stupid idea, but we have to get bigger to compete with the big boys.

And you better not leave any presents out because I'm coming for yours 4ever. :LAUGH:
I agree we need Antro back and soon. Bergfors sits because the coach doesn't know a good player when he sees one as far as I am concerned... He is much better than Eager and a few others.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:36 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Ya, Bergfors is a good offensive talent that we need in the lineup. But the problem is, Ramsay won't let the team rush the puck into the zone. We have small lines and he's forcing them to chip and chase.....

Burmistrov is even dumping from the red line. Teams don't back off like our defense does because they know we can't take them in the corners except for Thorburn and Kane.

We need some practice time to get rid of the bad habits like standing on their heels.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Zsswimmer

I was at a local game tonight so I (guess luckily) missed the game. How did Cormier look?

Old
12-28-2010, 09:58 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Cormier was solid. He showed his hockey smarts when he turned to Ramsay and asked him to please get Eager off his line.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Zsswimmer

Quote:
Cormier was solid. He showed his hockey smarts when he turned to Ramsay and asked him to please get Eager off his line.
Yeah Eager hasn't been impressive as of lately. Good to hear Cormier was solid in his first showing with the Thrash, too bad it had to be in a one sided game.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:10 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Just want to point out one thing about Little, he is playing his best hockey of his career and his 2-way game is getting better and better.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:12 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
Went into the boards kinda awkward. He never returned to the game, but never went all the way into the locker room either. Probably just caught a nasty edge. He's a tough kid, so I'd bank on him being ready for Thursday.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:25 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Centers in the system.....

Angelo Esposito--6'2, 190
Riley Holzapfel--6'3, 190
Jason Krog--5'11, 185
Tanner Lane--6'2, 180
Daultan Leveille--6', 175
Denis Loginov--6'1, 211
Jesse Martin--5'11, 180
Eric O'Dell--6', 185
Jared Ross--5'10, 175

Old
12-28-2010, 10:55 PM
SilverRiver89

vCash: 1365
The worst part of this bad stretch (aside from losing) is watching Pavelec's stats decline. Not that I expected him to stay as good as he was, but it's still disappointing to watch.

Old
12-28-2010, 11:06 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRiver89 View Post
The worst part of this bad stretch (aside from losing) is watching Pavelec's stats decline. Not that I expected him to stay as good as he was, but it's still disappointing to watch.
At least they're not near his fault. He's played great, but the defense hasn't been up to par.

Old
12-28-2010, 11:10 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Well, at least it sounds like Cormier had a good game. Seems like it was a good thing I missed this game (damn Crosby...). No worries guys, you got a sure win coming up on Friday to get out of this mini funk, if not sooner.

Closed Thread