HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Thrashers lose 6-3 @ Pittsburgh

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2010, 11:29 PM
  #26
SilverRiver89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 1365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
At least they're not near his fault. He's played great, but the defense hasn't been up to par.
True, but I'd been kind of falling back on the "well at least he's still top 3 in save % and gaa" thing as an emotional crutch during losses.

Oh well, at least Buff and Toby are still in the top 5 for points by defensemen (I apologize in advance if this jinxes things)

SilverRiver89 is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 12:06 AM
  #27
Stitzel
Registered User
 
Stitzel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mobile, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
I don't like the attitude of "one point is good enough". But maybe after tonight they can get some kind of fire lit under their butts. A win on Thursday would be ideal, but I'm banking on winning at least one if not both of the next two games.

With a little luck, that will end this skid of accepting mediocrity. And if we lose the next two, then I'll start worrying.

Stitzel is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 07:07 AM
  #28
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 10,364
vCash: 500
I see this game less as Thrashers stunk and more as the Pens prove they're a top tier team and Crosby is without a doubt, the best hockey player on the planet.

Couple games till the half-way point! Can't wait for Thursdays game! Bring on the B's!!!

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 09:12 AM
  #29
Shameus
Moderator
 
Shameus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Middle of a Migraine
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I see this game less as Thrashers stunk and more as the Pens prove they're a top tier team and Crosby is without a doubt, the best hockey player on the planet.

Couple games till the half-way point! Can't wait for Thursdays game! Bring on the B's!!!
This in spades

This isn't the first few seasons where this team winning was a night off by the opposition. Opposing teams have taken notice of the team and are bringing their A game. I am happy, I don't see teams taking a night off against us like they used too. I enjoy seeing games that are highly competitive in spirit instead of the half ass effort we used to see from opponents some time. If we want our team to be one of the best, well they have to be able to do what the Pens just did. Y'all talk about putting the "Skate to the Throat." We were just shown what that looks like. Am I pissed we lost, yes.

Oh, and I agree about the Little comment. You want to be winners you can never be satisfied with anything with less than a win.

Shameus is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 09:36 AM
  #30
orangethrasher
Blue in ex-Blueland
 
orangethrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
QUESTION TO BRYAN LITTLE: So did the loss against Tampa Bay leave everyone generally angry or was everyone just disgusted after coming back and losing the way we did?

ANSWER: No, we were pretty happy getting the point. We played hard and earned the point. No one is upset.
That's pretty weird, because we went to the postgame show after that game and Kincade walked in from the locker room and was talking at length about how angry everyone was in the locker room. He and Kamal discussed for a couple minutes (some off the air) how much anger there was and how they think it's a good thing.

Obviously I'm not disputing that Little said that, but the conflicting information confuses me.

orangethrasher is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 09:54 AM
  #31
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers
 
RoyalAir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: South Africa
Posts: 792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangethrasher View Post
That's pretty weird, because we went to the postgame show after that game and Kincade walked in from the locker room and was talking at length about how angry everyone was in the locker room. He and Kamal discussed for a couple minutes (some off the air) how much anger there was and how they think it's a good thing.

Obviously I'm not disputing that Little said that, but the conflicting information confuses me.
I wouldn't read too much in to what Little said. He's not the most vocal guy to begin with, and I think he was just trying to avoid confrontation when asked about the overall mood. He probably just wanted the in-house stuff to stay in-house, would be my guess.

I'm much more concerned at Ramsay's hate hard on for Bergfors. He's probably the best offensive talent we have, and he can't get in the lineup. When he does play, he's so noticeably timid because he doesn't want to make a mistake. He needs to be playing. The team definitely misses his ability.

RoyalAir is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 10:04 AM
  #32
dj4aces
Registered User
 
dj4aces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,892
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
Y'all talk about putting the "Skate to the Throat." We were just shown what that looks like.
This is the exact definition of the term. Don't just bring the A game, bring the A+ game. Don't give the opposition an inch to move. PK has to be aggressive and potent, PP needs to capitalize on any chances - high or low. Everyone needs to be in the game.

Skate. To. The. Throat.

dj4aces is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 10:12 AM
  #33
hockey momma
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
I wouldn't read too much in to what Little said. He's not the most vocal guy to begin with, and I think he was just trying to avoid confrontation when asked about the overall mood. He probably just wanted the in-house stuff to stay in-house, would be my guess.

I'm much more concerned at Ramsay's hate hard on for Bergfors. He's probably the best offensive talent we have, and he can't get in the lineup. When he does play, he's so noticeably timid because he doesn't want to make a mistake. He needs to be playing. The team definitely misses his ability.
Don't really know what the big deal is on the one point comment?? We should've lost that game, Tampa has our # and I think he meant they were happy with the point rather than no points! Get over it people. I agree with the Bergfors comment, don't know what the coach has against him, he could help this team right now. Not sure about the best offensive talent we have but he would sure help the situation we have put ourselves in lately.

hockey momma is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 10:13 AM
  #34
dj4aces
Registered User
 
dj4aces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,892
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
I'm much more concerned at Ramsay's hate hard on for Bergfors.
I'm not concerned about any "hate hard-on" there might be. I'm concerned that he may be a cancer in the room, which is part of the reason why he's been scratched to begin with.

dj4aces is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 10:56 AM
  #35
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 10,364
vCash: 500
Viv has both Kane and Antro on the practice ice.

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 10:59 AM
  #36
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
Let's not forget this is a team that, last year, would have rolled over and not even got the 1 point from the Tampa game. of course, the win is better, but I'll take a 1 over a 0 anyday. Instead of losing a theoretical 4 points to a division rival, we only lose 1.

As for bergfors, there's GOT to be mroe than meets the eye to the situation. Like Seamus said....Everyone seems to have stepped up their game against us, so it's time for us to return in kind.

KevFist is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 11:25 AM
  #37
dj4aces
Registered User
 
dj4aces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,892
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Viv has both Kane and Antro on the practice ice.
Kane came off after six minutes.

dj4aces is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 12:21 PM
  #38
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,857
vCash: 500
If I may, we totally and utterly got Crosby'd last night.

headsigh is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 12:28 PM
  #39
Shameus
Moderator
 
Shameus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Middle of a Migraine
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
This is the exact definition of the term. Don't just bring the A game, bring the A+ game. Don't give the opposition an inch to move. PK has to be aggressive and potent, PP needs to capitalize on any chances - high or low. Everyone needs to be in the game.

Skate. To. The. Throat.
Exactly, the really good teams exploit mistakes. Even if there are only a few they make you pay for them. Our PP was carrying the team for awhile and exploiting those mistakes. But on this 4 game slide the PP is...drum roll......1 for 18 while giving up 2 and 1/2 short handed goals (the 1/2 is from the empty netter in the Blues game, yes it's a shortie, but no goalie so only 1/2). Our team is not exploiting weaknesses. Plain and simple

Shameus is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 08:45 PM
  #40
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,254
vCash: 500
Lol.
The ISLANDERS just snapped Sidney's streak and they have taken the game to a shootout no less.

Gotta execute a simple game boys. They just lined up on the blue line and didn't let them skate in. Why our team always backs all the way back into the crease on defense, I just don't get it!

ThrasherMinion is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 08:54 PM
  #41
Lemon Lover
Forever in Blueland
 
Lemon Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
Lol.
The ISLANDERS just snapped Sidney's streak and they have taken the game to a shootout no less.

Gotta execute a simple game boys. They just lined up on the blue line and didn't let them skate in. Why our team always backs all the way back into the crease on defense, I just don't get it!
Agreed. It is freaking maddening when they do that.

Lemon Lover is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 09:10 PM
  #42
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,536
vCash: 500
Thank god it's finally over. Maybe Sportscenter will talk about something else for a change now.

Lynk is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 10:03 PM
  #43
dj4aces
Registered User
 
dj4aces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,892
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Thank god it's finally over. Maybe Sportscenter will talk about something else for a change now.
Not likely. All the talk will be about "what if Crosby brought it to the Winter Classic?"

Hope those teams have waders.

dj4aces is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 10:32 PM
  #44
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,254
vCash: 500
Ha ha, they can have a swim meet!

ThrasherMinion is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.