HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

More Prendergast Comments

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Oiltalk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by serum114
I fully agree... but what's keeping Lowe from moving into the top 10 to get one?
I would think the need for a scorer. If an offensive player is Lowe's primary concern it's a lot easier to wait for that player to come to them instead of trading up to add depth to the position that doesn't need it the most. Then again thankfully it's all in Lowe's hands.

Old
06-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Not that it's a bad thing or anything, but I must ask why you felt that way? Also, did you attend training camp and did his play there change your mind at all on the matter?
Mainly because of the concussion, but also when you look at his overall resume there's nothing that really stands out about him.

He's not very big or very fast, he doesn't rack up big points, there were just so many other guys in the draft that had at least one remarkable trait and MAP is just an all-around better than average player from what I can gather.

I didn't see the prospects camp so I can't say much about that, and obviously he wasn't healthy enough to play at the Remax Challenge or the WJC's...

I haven't given up on the kid though, and with my copper-coloured glasses on he looks like he has a chance at being a top 6 nhl'er one day. I was just more interested in getting one of the others, that's all.

Parise, no. Getzlaf, yes.

Old
06-27-2004, 08:53 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Bump.

Simply amazing. The Oilers did exactly what Prendergast said they would do. Get a goalscorer and get a goaltender. I just had the order of the picks reversed, although others got it right on. It's also amazing how good this board is at predicting draft picks.

Old
06-27-2004, 08:55 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned
Bump.

Simply amazing. The Oilers did exactly what Prendergast said they would do. Get a goalscorer and get a goaltender. I just had the order of the picks reversed, although others got it right on. It's also amazing how good this board is at predicting draft picks.
Did any of you put a mock draft in the prospects board.

06-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
Did any of you put a mock draft in the prospects board.
I didn't, but I'm pretty sure other posters here did. Unfortunately I don't pay nearly as much attention to other teams' draft needs as I do to the Oilers, so it would have been difficult for me to do a mock draft.

However, to those who did successfully,

Old
06-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
1. Organizational needs change
2. What if Deslauriers never makes it.
3. What if Deslauriers has a career ending injury.
4. Goaltending in terms of depth is arguably the Oilers weakest position.

I am a firm believer in taking the BPA regardless of position.
...which is why I said to Cerebral, "Heh, I realized that ('that' being the possibility of JDD not turning into the goalie the Oilers thought he would be) after I posted. "

Last edited by Vomiting Kermit*: 06-27-2004 at 11:14 PM.
Closed Thread