HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Marincin hit on Zucker (UPD: Marincin suspended 4 games; Hrasko 3 games)

Old
12-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Michael Russo's take about the injury.

Hopefully we can have more info tonight.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:04 PM
TheBrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
You mean the punch where the guy dropped his gloves but got hit first, right? Not the time and place for that, but the NHL saw nothing wrong with the fight, other than Avery getting the jump and the first punch in.
*Sigh* your right just because the NHL saw nothing wrong with it makes Avery's sucker punch non cowardly. hopefully a youtube of this hit will be up soon.

TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:05 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaryshuskies View Post
I havent seen both but could you guys rank the hits in order of most blatant to least blatant.

a) Marincin on Zucker
b) Kassian on Senerik
c) Hrasko on D'Amigo
Well, a) is worst.

I'd need to see again the Hrasko hit, but I think it wasn't a aimless hit. Kassian on Senerik, well, at least, it wasn't THAT late. Senerik didn't had the puck anymore, but it made sense for Senerik to be hit.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:05 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew View Post
*Sigh* your right just because the NHL saw nothing wrong with it makes Avery's sucker punch non cowardly. hopefully a youtube of this hit will be up soon.
It wasn't a sucker punch since the gloves were coming off and both players were facing each other. Sorry, homeslice. Doesn't work that way.

But yes, not the time and place for that since it's been argued to death. I hope someone can get a video of it the hit up soon.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:06 PM
sabresfan129103
So it begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
Saw the replay on Hockeystreams.com - meh, it was cheap but didn't look nasty like Kassian's. Marincin is so tall and Zucker turned into. I'm going to call it "Marincin Physics"

All this whining about karma is funny. If it were true, Matt Cooke and Patrice Cormier wouldn't be playing. I'm guessing one or two game suspension at most.
You do realize Zucker didn't even have the puck. Christ, the d-man was the one playing it and Marincin completely blindsided him.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Did you actually see how long after the play was over he ran Zucker? He also targeted the head, unlike Kassian.
Yeah, exactly. You probably can't get an idea from the replay how late that was and totally unneccesary. That was not a hockey play in any way shape or form. It was nothing but a 100% pure attempt to injure, and a shot to the head no less.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:07 PM
voxel

Quote:
Did you actually see how long after the play was over he ran Zucker? He also targeted the head, unlike Kassian. This was pure attempt to injure -- again, unlike Kassian's hit.
Yeah the puck left the area, but I've seen Tootoo make those types of late hits. Meh, Marincin is really tall. He seemed to want to bump Zucker (who was physical against the Slovak player moments before), but his shoulder hit Zucker's chin/head.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:08 PM
TheBrew

Quote:
It wasn't a sucker punch since the gloves were coming off and both players were facing each other. Sorry, homeslice. Doesn't work that way.

But yes, not the time and place for that since it's been argued to death. I hope someone can get a video of it the hit up soon.
Word i appreciate it Homeslice.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:09 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Yeah the puck left the area, but I've seen Tootoo make those types of late hits. Meh, Marincin is really tall. He seemed to want to bump Zucker (who was physical against the Slovak player moments before), but his shoulder hit Zucker's chin/head.
Uh. He wanted to more than "bump him". He absolutely leveled Zucker with a dirty hit to the head -- targeting his head the whole way -- and, essentially, knocking him out. You do not see hits made that late in the NHL on any regular basis at all.

Old
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
You do realize Zucker didn't even have the puck. Christ, the d-man was the one playing it and Marincin completely blindsided him.
Yes.

I think people are overreacting due to the homer announcers who were calling it "an attempt to injure"

Seriously, I've seen Tootoo and Cooke do worse. This was an unfortunate hit to the head.

Old
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Word i appreciate it Homeslice.
You should have responded with "homeskillet".

Old
12-28-2010, 10:11 PM
voxel

Quote:
Uh. He wanted to more than "bump him". He absolutely leveled Zucker with a dirty hit to the head -- targeting his head the whole way -- and, essentially, knocking him out. You do not see hits made that late in the NHL on any regular basis at all.
Targeting his head? Don't make me laugh. It was a drive-by hit/bump. Watch Tootoo fly like a missile at a player's head for a real vicious hit. Marincin didn't look like he left his feet or anything.

Old
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Yes.

I think people are overreacting due to the homer announcers who were calling it "an attempt to injure"

Seriously, I've seen Tootoo and Cooke do worse. This was an unfortunate hit to the head.
I take it you're an Edmonton fan? It would make sense because of how much of a homer you're being about this.

Just absurd to think this was not an attempt to injure and one of the dirtiest plays (if not the dirtiest, which I think it was) of the tournament so far.

Old
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Yes.

Marincin knew he did not have the puck. He skated full force into him. How is this not an attempt to injure? Was Marincin really helping the play by doing this? How could it have helped his team? What else would he intend to do?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:12 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Targeting his head? Don't make me laugh. It was a drive-by hit/bump. Watch Tootoo fly like a missile at a player's head for a real vicious hit. Marincin didn't look like he left his feet or anything.
You have got to be kidding me.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:13 PM
TheSituation

Youtube anyone? I missed the 3rd period.

TheSituation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:13 PM
voxel

Quote:
I take it you're an Edmonton fan? It would make sense because of how much of a homer you're being about this.

Just absurd to think this was not an attempt to injure and one of the dirtiest plays (if not the dirtiest, which I think it was) of the tournament so far.
Just watch the replay. Marincin will get suspended for sure, but from the original hit it didn't look like it was cause a concussion. If he wanted to do serious damage he could have cross-checked him instead or "Tootoo-ed" him.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:14 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Marincin knew he did not have the puck. He skated full force into him. How is this not an attempt to injure? Was Marincin really helping the play by doing this?
He's an Oilers prospect, so the play was awesome. Look at his tag under his name.

"Marincin physics"

Shows you how non-biased this Oilers fan is on this and how much salt you should take his opinion with.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:15 PM
TheBrew

Quote:
You should have responded with "homeskillet".
$#it your pwning me tonight

Old
12-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Canada4Gold

I hate how there's always one poster who absolutely makes no sense whatsoever in each one of these threads, the one saying that a 2D photo was proof that Kassian hit the Czech's head, and the guy here who says that it wasn't an attempt to injure, don't make me laugh, It was just as well he hit him just as he stepped out of the box or something, the hit wasn't it the play at all, Zucker had went into the corner to bodycheck the Slovak player, who took the hit, and skated away with the puck, Zucker turned around to skate back up the ice and Marincin crushed him, it was absolutely a dirty hit, anyone who doesn't see that must be blind

Canada4Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 10:23 PM
tv14

Quote:
I never saw the hit so i can't comment on it but i find it ironic that a guy with a cowardly Avery sucker punch in his avatar so disgusted by cowardly hit.
Omg this is exactly what I was going to say. The guy defends the biggest coward in the game and all he says is "they hatin" and "u mad?". And now all of a sudden karma came back to bite him in the ass.

*For the record I have not seen the hit, and obviously Im not going to defend it if it was a dirty hit.

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Mr Dangles
I double dare you.

Wait so there was another dirty hit in the third period? YT anyone? I missed the third. I saw the hit in the first that gave US a 5 min PP but that's it.

Mr Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 12:00 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dangles View Post
Wait so there was another dirty hit in the third period? YT anyone? I missed the third. I saw the hit in the first that gave US a 5 min PP but that's it.
Yeah, was way worse than the first one.

I don't know if we'll get a Youtube of it. I hope someone can capture it.

Old
12-29-2010, 12:17 AM
Parise9Crosby87

i didnt get the see the game but wasnt in on the nhl network

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 12:24 AM
PGCougarsDynasty

Hmmm haven't seen the hit but if some of what's been said is true it would seem kind of uncharacteristic of Marincin.

PGCougarsDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote