HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group A • Dec. 29 • Finland 5, Germany 1

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2010, 05:08 PM
thomast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbransson4Prez View Post
Any Donskoi reviews?
He have been one of the finland best fowards in the tournament so far. He leads the scoring with 1+3 in 3 games.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:09 PM
cenas*

The ugliest mofo in the team, Rajala, seems to doing the best on the girl front..

Old
12-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Finnswiss

Ok the IIHF live ticker is now updated, 4 goals on 32 shots and scoring efficiency 12,5 %. Hmmm, this is for Finns still a quiet good value. Very often scoring efficiency is clearly under 10 %.

But I don't know how the German goalie played...

Old
Roland of Gilead
The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
Unless there is some fin out there who has bought the game and is now willing to share it with the world for free, it's highly unlikely there will ever be a stream.
Finns dont share anything. They are selfish ppl, if they have something, they dont give some of it to others. Its finnish mentality, have always been and will be Not once I have seen finnish stream in any sport. So when it comes to streaming and sharing, count finns out

Old
walle

Vatanen is horrible. Bad plays all the time. Only skating he seems to still be doing well. If he wasnt captain id say bring Määttä in.

Salomäki been good, really love that Kärpät-line, real impressive.

Armia still searching himself..

Rajala been good, nice puck control and keeping play alive many times.

And for the game.. GER goalie wasnt totally bad.. first one was a difficult tip-in, second one was quite an easy wrist shot, third was a domination in GER end i think FIN got like 3 scoring chances in that shift and finally Donskoi put it in.. 4th goal went in from GER defender stick as FIN defender tried to pass it to Pulkkinen no can do there.

Last edited by walle: 12-29-2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: add
Old
12-29-2010, 05:16 PM
BobDobolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Gilead View Post
Finns dont share anything. They are selfish ppl, if they have something, they dont give some of it to others. Its finnish mentality, have always been and will be Not once I have seen finnish stream in any sport. So when it comes to streaming and sharing, count finns out
I've seen you guys complain about this over and over again but yet I don't see any of you streaming any games either. Why wouldn't you lead the way?

Old
12-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Unkki

Horrible, horrible Vatanen... Kärpät-trio plays well and after wondering why Salomäki made the team in front of Partanen, I do not wonder it anymore.

And of course as a TPS -and Flames-fan it is nice to see that Ortio has played five periods without letting any goals.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Roland of Gilead
The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDobolina View Post
I've seen you guys complain about this over and over again but yet I don't see any of you streaming any games either. Why wouldn't you lead the way?
I dont have those pay-channels. I dont watch so much television so its useless to buy them. No can do. And I didnt complain, I just said how the things are here at Finland. I have known it many years so its useless to complain

Edit: Yes, Kärpät rules!

Old
12-29-2010, 05:25 PM
cenas*

Rieder dekes out the finnish goalie after a Rissanen breakdown 1-4

Old
12-29-2010, 05:26 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asakuj View Post
The ugliest mofo in the team, Rajala, seems to doing the best on the girl front..
I actually hate what I've seen from him and his coach in Finland said he's regressed after he came back from a year with the Brandon Wheat Kings in the WHL. Such a perimeter player way to scared of contact and shot selection is awful firing weak shots from the blueline. Yet to see his speed either so I can't see what the hype was about maybe I'm being a little hard but he's dissapointed me greatly.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Lui One Hall

Quote:
Finns dont share anything. They are selfish ppl, if they have something, they dont give some of it to others. Its finnish mentality, have always been and will be
We sure pay a lot of taxes for such a "selfish" nation.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:28 PM
cenas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
I actually hate what I've seen from him and his coach in Finland said he's regressed after he came back from a year with the Brandon Wheat Kings in the WHL. Such a perimeter player way to scared of contact and shot selection is awful firing weak shots from the blueline. Yet to see his speed either so I can't see what the hype was about maybe I'm being a little hard but he's dissapointed me greatly.
Well his hype came from him breaking Ovechkins scoring record in the u18 tournament. His play seems to work in junior competition only..

Old
12-29-2010, 05:32 PM
BobDobolina

Quote:
I dont have those pay-channels. I dont watch so much television so its useless to buy them. No can do. And I didnt complain, I just said how the things are here at Finland. I have known it many years so its useless to complain

Edit: Yes, Kärpät rules!
Maybe you didn't but I have seen others certainly do here. I don't see any point complaining about something like if you aren't willing to do something about it yourself.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:42 PM
ThinMcWhistle

Quote:
2 things about this. First, Finns are VERY generous when they are drunk.

Second, Finnish people don't like to break the law, they are very much by the book. Streaming in essence would be to break the law as it is copyrighted material.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Vatanen is playing pretty badly then? Wonder if he is just expecting too much from himself.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:45 PM
cenas*

Haula scores.. Pulkkinen seems to be the playmaker

Old
12-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Finnswiss

How many minutes left to play in this game?

Old
12-29-2010, 05:46 PM
ThinMcWhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Rajala's problem lies in the fact that he is too small. He needs to bulk up if he ever wants to play in the NHL. Since he is short, he can only do one thing which is to work out like a machine.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Bach View Post

Second, Finnish people don't like to break the law, they are very much by the book. Streaming in essence would be to break the law as it is copyrighted material.
Except when it comes to watching "illegal streams" and downloading...

Old
12-29-2010, 05:49 PM
cenas*

Pulkkinen needs to shoot more. Please just shoot.

Its like if Selänne just passed all the damn time..

Old
12-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Rajala's problem lies in the fact that he is too small. He needs to bulk up if he ever wants to play in the NHL. Since he is short, he can only do one thing which is to work out like a machine.
Well he's not that short, but he does need to seriously bulk up. I'm starting to think another season in Europe is needed.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:52 PM
ThinMcWhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Except when it comes to watching "illegal streams" and downloading...
LOL. True.. As long as they are not conducting the illegal activity it's all good.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Finnswiss

Quote:
Hmmm... size is not all what counts. If a player is rather small he can compensate this with other skills. I just want to remember Reijo Ruotsalainen. He wasn't big either but could read the game very well and was a very fast and good skater.

If I'm not wrong he played in the NHL and was considered as a world class player.

Last edited by Finnswiss: 12-29-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old
12-29-2010, 05:53 PM
ThinMcWhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Well he's not that short, but he does need to seriously bulk up. I'm starting to think another season in Europe is needed.
By hockey standards he is pretty short. He is listed at what? 5'10? In real life more like 5'8-5'9 probably. He is about 2 inches shorter than the average NHL player.

Old
12-29-2010, 05:56 PM
sliceOFtrance

finland wins 6-1

Closed Thread