HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Rank Pierre Gauthier through his first year

Old
12-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Nedved

vCash: 500
JM is still coaching. fail.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Patty Roy

All in all i've been pleasantly surprised by him.

Somebody else already said it but the big test (at least for me) will be this summer and how he handles the D.

Markov, Hamrlik, Gill as UFAs..Spacek with 1 year left and easier to move/buy out/bury in the minors....LOTS of options to rebuild a less than stellar D. I'll be interested to see what he can do with it.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:21 AM
Lars Eller Superstar*

B + , i'm impress so far

Lars Eller Superstar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
IN:
Aaron Palushaj(prospect) : Like this prospect, but for now St. Louis has won the trade (NHLer for and AHLer).
Alex Auld : Decent back-up goaltender. Also solidified Price's role as the #1.
Alexandre Picard : Decent 7th D-Man, or 1-3 D-Man in the AHL.
Jeff Halpern : Like this signing. Very good on face-offs, responsible defensively and is very likeable.
Lars Eller : St. Louis won this trade as well, as Lars Eller is struggling to find his role on the team (partly due to coaching as well) and Schultz is an AHLer. I like Eller, but Martin doesn't know what to do with him while Halak is doing well in a Blues uniform.
Ian Schultz(prospect) : See; Lars Eller.
Dustin Boyd : Won't crack the line-up unless something severe happens (tons of injuries).
Karri Ramo : Don't really know what the deal is. Will he replace Auld next year? However, for Desjardins, it's not a bad trade.
Michael Bournival(prospect) : For O'Byrne... yeah Colorado won that, and it's not even close.
James Wisniewski : We'll see. He hasn't played a game yet, but for a 2nd and a conditional should he re-sign, it's a solid pick-up.
Jarred Tinordi(prospect) : Big fan of this draft choice.
Mark MacMillan(prospect) : Also a fan of this draft choice.

OUT:
Oscar Lindberg(prospect) : Dunno.
Matt D'Agostini : Doing decent for St. Louis and was had for an AHLer. St. Louis wins this trade.
Georges Laraque : Thank God.
Dan Ellis : Too bad he couldn't stick around, but wasn't going to settle for back-up to Price. Adios.
Shawn Belle : Wasn't too big on Belle.
Greg Stewart : I liked Steward, but rather have Ryan White in that role on the Habs.
Dominic Moore : Only costed a 2nd rounder and was huge for the Habs in the playoffs. Kind of sad to see him go, but am not dwelling on it.
Andre Benoit : Was never big on him either.
Paul Mara : I'm glad he's gone.
Jaroslav Halak : For what he was traded for, I think Gauthier could have gotten more. St. Louis won that trade.
Sergei Kostitsyn : Nashville won this trade. An AHLer and a goaltender that signed with another team for a decent player like Sergei.
Cedric Desjardins(prospect) : I liked him, but think for Ramo, it was a pretty good trade for both teams.
Ryan O'Byrne : Given up on way too quickly. Look at the Habs D-core right now. Gorges is out with an injury, Markov gone for the season, three D in their mid thirties that look tired and slow out there. Yeah, trading O'Byrne was a GREAT idea.
2nd round pick in 2011 : We'll know in a few years.
5th round pick in 2012 : Same as the last one.
Mark Visentin(prospect) : No idea.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 12:33 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Not a big fan yet he is just doing some minor tweaking of the roster Gainey left him. I am sure he is consulting Gainey quite a lot on the deals he is making I will give him a passing grade when we win the cup.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote