HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Marc-Olivier Roy - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2013, 56th overall, Edmonton)

Old
10-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
RW Marc-Olivier Roy - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2013, 56th overall, Edmonton)

Kid is a off to a great start, leading his team in scoring. I had him in my first round coming into the 2012-2013 season. Obviously, tons of hockey to be played until the draft but still. I don't think I've seen him ranked as a first round potential candidate on any list. I believe he was ranked as a C propsect by CSS. Just wondering what people think of him. Kid is listed at 6'1 180. Doesn't look big on ice but still fairly tall. So size shouldn't be that big of an issue. I really like his hockey sense. From what I've seen he's not aggressive but he's one of those guys who just make the right plays.

Last edited by Mathletic: 10-02-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 12:52 PM
NA Scouting

Yes. I think Marc-Olivier Roy will be 2nd or 3rd rounder in this year's draft. Another great prospect from the Q.

http://hockeyprospect.com/video/2013...-29&Itemid=575

Last year with the Armada, he barely made the team out of camp. Was a 4th liner/spare player until maybe December. He really took off then. His speed, smarts, hands and creativity makes him a very good offensive player.

Took the next step in the playoffs on a line with Clapperton (a guy who should have been drafted IMO, invited to Philly's prospect camp) and Paquette (Tampa's 4th rounder). Three rookies. 14 points in 11 games in the 2012 playoffs.

This year? Picking up right where he left off. 8 points in 4 games. Just buzzing everywhere in the offensive zone. Getting bigger too. 6'1, 180lbs. Getting more mature, better defensively. The Armada will quickly become one of the best stable for developping NHLers with Joel Bouchard, JF Houle and Stephane Matteau behind the bench.

Marc-Olivier Roy just hasn't stopped progressing. He will be a great prospect for whoever drafts him.

NA Scouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 11:56 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I agree with what you said on Clapperton, he's a small but speedy player, solid offensively. I could see him becoming a good PK guy at the NHL level...

Wasn't Marc-Olivier Roy the teams top prospect ? And one of the last cuts 2 years ago ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Habssupporter

Agreed on Clapperton! You can just tell he has something that not everyone on the ice has...a flair for the net and very dangerous in the offensive zone. Wished the habs would have invited him to the camp...oh well.

I'm excited to see Roy progress too and (hoping not to jynx him) I hope he keeps putting points!

Habssupporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 04:51 PM
NA Scouting

I couldn't name one Armada player who hasn't progressed since last year... coaching staff is unreal.

Team is ranked 5th in the CHL right now. I already can't wait for the playoffs. War time.

Old
10-03-2012, 08:56 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
I couldn't name one Armada player who hasn't progressed since last year... coaching staff is unreal.

Team is ranked 5th in the CHL right now. I already can't wait for the playoffs. War time.
Factory...

They were supposed to be awful last year... Hard to believe..

What's the key factor ? Their training center ?

Old
10-03-2012, 10:04 PM
NA Scouting

Just the hard working philosphy that the coaching staff is preaching. They hate to lose and it shows through the players. Even their talented guys are giving 100% every night and that will only help them in their future careers.

They have an awesome training facility but that is just a small part of the answer for why they've been this good.

As I said player progression has been off the charts... they've really been working with the kids, making them better, working on their weaknesses.

That, and they've found players that can skate well and be very intense... very good scouting... that's key to any hockey team.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

Really impressed by this guy through this year.

Outstanding skater with quick feet, has every tool you can ask for except for maybe, another 15 pounds of muscle to make his physical game pro-ready. I see his upside similar to fellow Quebec native Pascal Dupuis.

Used his awesome release to score a nice goal against Halifax last night, Fucale didn't have much of a chance.

Like #57 said he is in very good hands with this organization so I only see him continuing to rise until the 40-50 range.

Ryan English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Stoneberg
Bored

Thought he looked very strong in Halifax last night. Love that Armada top line. Looks like all three have them like to get in and finish their checks hard too.

Unrealted, but Matteau was a huge waste of an NHL first rounder from what I can tell.

Stoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 04:22 PM
puckfan13

Any updates on this kid? Love what I hear so far, sounds like he could have good value around the 3rd round. His skating sounds quite good and sounds like a great skilled and smart player, but what about his motor/forechecking ability and willingness to engage in battles? I'm not concerned as much about a pure "physical" and "tough" game but more that he can manage the grind when he steps up to pro likely starting with a more limited role.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:30 PM
puckfan13

Anything? Could this guy flash Versteeg-ish potential?

Last edited by puckfan13: 03-21-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old
03-22-2013, 03:50 AM
Sergei Shirokov

I don't know but I was impressed by him in the few Armada games I saw on SN.

I think he will go 2nd or 3rd round. I am hoping we grab him, from what I saw he was a pretty good skater, looked to have good hockey sense at both ends, and wasn't extremely gritty or anything but went to the dirty areas and wasn't afraid too.

Though I am surprised he is listed at 6'1, he looked smaller than that.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:19 AM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

Montral had 4 guys at the BLB game last night, seems like a Trevor Timmins type of player.

Defintely see him as a riser, he just does everything you want a forward to do

Ryan English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 567
TVA Sports has their game tonight, I'll try to give a scouting report.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:42 PM
puckfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
TVA Sports has their game tonight, I'll try to give a scouting report.
Awesome!

Old
03-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Mathletic

Just got robbed of an assist by Brennan.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 567
He's a kid with some solid tools. He's fast. He's got good hands. He's got a good sense of the game. His work ethic is pretty good. He's not physical, but he does go in the traffic areas.

He is thin and there's no way he's 6'1''.

What I wonder is, will he be a scorer in the pros? Will he be a playmaker? He could be a guy who produces a lot in Junior, but isn't really a master of either aspect in the pros.

Definitely worth a look in the late 2nd or 3rd, IMO.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:53 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He's a kid with some solid tools. He's fast. He's got good hands. He's got a good sense of the game. His work ethic is pretty good. He's not physical, but he does go in the traffic areas.

He is thin and there's no way he's 6'1''.

What I wonder is, will he be a scorer in the pros? Will he be a playmaker? He could be a guy who produces a lot in Junior, but isn't really a master of either aspect in the pros.

Definitely worth a look in the late 2nd or 3rd, IMO.
CSS measured him at 6'0 175.

Similar read for me. Good floor, not sure there's a very high ceiling though. Good system player.

Old
05-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Bill Meltzer, Flyers writer, ponders if the Flyers would pick him at 41 because of the connection between Ian Lapierriere (Flyers director of player development) and Joel Bouchard (president and GM of Armada).

Quote:
Keep an eye on Roy both on Draft day and in years to come. I would not be at all surprised if he is on the Flyers' radar for the 41st overall pick and, even if he goes elsewhere in the Draft, is the type of player who could someday end up having a superior pro career to many of the names that are called before his on June 30.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...5#.UafABbVOS-0

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 04:54 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Marc-Olivier Roy already has a scheduled date to test with the Leafs and the Devils on and off the ice. Sorry if it's in french but it just says that what I stated above

Quote:
À peine revenu de Toronto, je repars le 2 juin à Buffalo, le 5 juin à Montréal et la veille du repêchage, au New Jersey, j’ai rendez-vous avec les Maple Leafs et les Devils. Je vais faire d’autres entrevues et tests physiques avec eux, et il y aura aussi de la glace. C’est mon horaire en ce moment.
http://blogues.lapresse.ca/hockey-ju...lnh-a-toronto/

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 08:57 AM
Woodhouse
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 162
The Armada have traded Roy to the Remparts.

https://twitter.com/ArmadaBLB/status...79158125989888
http://theqnews.net/2014/05/28/repor...y-to-remparts/

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2014, 03:43 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Seems like he came pretty cheap.

Old
05-29-2014, 03:54 PM
McRobbiezyg

He's gotta have a bounce back season without injuries. Too many of them this year

McRobbiezyg is offline   Reply With Quote