HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brett MacLean recalled from San Antonio

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2010, 09:35 AM
  #26
Scottrocks58*
Six
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_tiger View Post
No Msg for Hanzal here.. He is having a solid year. He wins faceoffs he plays great D and scores points now and then.. That is is function.. to make sure teh #1 centers on the other teams DONT
Yea, the message was for Upshall and Stempniak. Uppy got it loud and clear.. what a game!.

I really liked the "Alamo Line" (credit J.Gintonio). All three had great games.

OK, Maclean has better hands than I gave him credit for. Maybe, just maybe, he's the 40/80 guy for next year that we need.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:35 PM
  #27
MP
Registered User
 
MP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,017
vCash: 500
MacLean's speed is definitely lacking, but he appears able to work around it. He never seemed to get caught well and truly out of position.

Vrbata and Pyatt may be back on Friday, but I'm hoping MacLean gets a few more games in before they send him back to SA.

MP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 02:26 PM
  #28
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
Yea, the message was for Upshall and Stempniak. Uppy got it loud and clear.. what a game!.

I really liked the "Alamo Line" (credit J.Gintonio). All three had great games.

OK, Maclean has better hands than I gave him credit for. Maybe, just maybe, he's the 40/80 guy for next year that we need.
You go from ragging on his skill set to saying that he could maybe be a 40/80 guy for next year? I think those are unrealistic expectations for Brett. Even for his ceiling. He's a good player with a goal scorers touch and the ability to make a play. Yes he's not a fluid skater, but you don't have to be if you're going to hang around the net.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 03:20 PM
  #29
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,218
vCash: 500
I see him as a Michael Ryder type. Not fleet of foot, not particularly physical, not an asset defensively, doesn't excel at playmaking or improving his linemates, but is intelligent in the offensive zone, has the sense and timing to be in the right spot at the right time, and has the shot to bury the puck when he does get the chance. He's the type of player that can kind of sneak into prime scoring areas unnoticed. He needs linemates that can put the puck on his stick at the right time. Ryder's career ppg is .63. He's currently at .66 and on pace for 82gp 25g 28a 53pts, which is a typical year in his career so far. In his six NHL seasons he's only failed to put up at least twenty goals twice and has twice put up at least thirty. I can see MacLean having a similar career.

Joffrey Lupul and Peter Mueller are similar players, in my mind, as well(although with injury issues).

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 03:28 PM
  #30
WJF
Registered User
 
WJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I see him as a Michael Ryder type. Not fleet of foot, not particularly physical, not an asset defensively, doesn't excel at playmaking or improving his linemates, but is intelligent in the offensive zone, has the sense and timing to be in the right spot at the right time, and has the shot to bury the puck when he does get the chance. He's the type of player that can kind of sneak into prime scoring areas unnoticed. He needs linemates that can put the puck on his stick at the right time. Ryder's career ppg is .63. He's currently at .66 and on pace for 82gp 25g 28a 53pts, which is a typical year in his career so far. In his six NHL seasons he's only failed to put up at least twenty goals twice and has twice put up at least thirty. I can see MacLean having a similar career.

Joffrey Lupul and Peter Mueller are similar players, in my mind, as well(although with injury issues).
ryder has some wheels though. i would liken maclean's game more to maybe a james neal of dallas - minus the hitting.

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 03:32 PM
  #31
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,218
vCash: 500
Ryder may be able to move around quicker than MacLean but his offense doesn't come off of the rush like Upshall or Stempniak.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 04:29 PM
  #32
kingbrutis
Registered User
 
kingbrutis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,066
vCash: 500
Ive said it several times before, Brett Hull was not even a good skater by NHL standards. He had magic hands, nose for the net and an unreal release of the shot. From what I seen and read, MaClean has the same tools. Dont get me wrong, you cant compare the 2 Brett's. I'm just saying the skillsets are similar. I say we give him the nickname, "The Next Brett". No pressure rookie.

kingbrutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:32 PM
  #33
RampageNate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
MacLean back to San Antonio.


Happy for me, but really bummed for him.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:41 PM
  #34
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,106
vCash: 500
MacLean has been recalled per Rich Narin, Coyotes PR guy.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:49 PM
  #35
jmichael7753
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 500
Fids is week to week with what is said to be an upper body injury

jmichael7753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:50 PM
  #36
kingbrutis
Registered User
 
kingbrutis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,066
vCash: 500
Lets see if he can keep his goal a game streak going!!!!

kingbrutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 03:29 PM
  #37
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbrutis View Post
Lets see if he can keep his goal a game streak going!!!!
Hoping we see the Boeds-Turris-MacLean line tomorrow night with Korpi moving to center Pyatt and Stempniak.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:44 PM
  #38
zerekstar
Registered User
 
zerekstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Thunderbay, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Hoping we see the Boeds-Turris-MacLean line tomorrow night with Korpi moving to center Pyatt and Stempniak.
Hope so too. Also hope Fids has a quick recovery. Stemp looks like he's getting back on track. Pyatt and Korpi are doing great. I think we have the best fourth line in hockey!

zerekstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:15 PM
  #39
RemoAZ
Stugots
 
RemoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,412
vCash: 500
How about

Upshall Turris Doan
Boeds Korpi MacLean
Pyatt Belanger Stemp.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:28 PM
  #40
RampageNate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Mac has been re-assigned to the Rampage per theAHL.com

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:38 PM
  #41
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver
 
TGOTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On the couch
Country: United States
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Nickel View Post
Mac has been re-assigned to the Rampage per theAHL.com
Not surprising. From an interview about a week ago Tippett was not happy about Mac dogging it during practice. The real issue now though is do we go with Biz full time? Is a trade in the works? Another call up?

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:40 PM
  #42
RampageNate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyonthecouch View Post
Not surprising. From an interview about a week ago Tippett was not happy about Mac dogging it during practice. The real issue now though is do we go with Biz full time? Is a trade in the works? Another call up?
If this is true, Mac will never play for DT. That's how Brett practices. I've seen Edwards get on him multiple times this season. He can get away with it here though because he's a top offensive talent. Won't fly in the bigs.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:47 PM
  #43
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,229
vCash: 500
That's surprising to hear. He's one of the hardest workers during the games I've seen.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:52 PM
  #44
Kaizen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Prince George B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyonthecouch View Post
Another call up?
http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1810

It would seem Beaudoin is deserving.

He, along with Picard, seem to be the offensive leaders along with Maclean.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:55 PM
  #45
RampageNate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
That's surprising to hear. He's one of the hardest workers during the games I've seen.
Yep. During games, he busts his butt (until he gets gassed), but at practices, he floats a lot.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 05:57 PM
  #46
RampageNate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Ebbett recalled.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2011, 07:41 PM
  #47
Magnifique
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,952
vCash: 500
Prediction - They don't resign Mac. Mac goes to a top team. Mac becomes an instant top six player and once again, we get to watch one of our prospects blossom in a different organisation. yay

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.