HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I miss our PP

Old
12-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

vCash: 50
I miss our PP

In the last 5 years , I think we had the 1st powerplay in the league 3 times.Powerplays are always one of the funniest moment in a hockey game because you can see your best player racking up the point and your team scoring , and skilled players with more space to maneuver.Souray , Markov , Streit , Kovalev...You just knew they would score , and now , entering the zone is a pain in the ass , it is by far the most frustrating part of our new core.I'm not trying to accomplish anything with this thread , maybe we can talk about our joke of a PP.Hopefully Wisnewski can turn that around but I have my doubt.

Jafar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 01:27 PM
WeeBey

vCash: 500
The team was 2nd in PPs last year with pretty much the same core.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 01:31 PM
MathMan

There's nothing wrong with the Habs' PP; the reason you miss the PP is that you don't see it much.

For a team that carries the play at even strength, the Habs have a bizarre (and to me, inexplicable) inability to draw penalties. They have had among the fewest PPs in the league -- to go with the most PKs -- and this, despite the fact that they dominate possession and chances more often than not.

(Those people who believe in a ref conspiracy should look at these stats, they'd have a lot of ammunition.)

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
We need us some Markov.

Imagine Markov made it back before the end of the season (I know it won't happen) and we had Markov and Wiz together? That would be sweet.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by john the baptist View Post
Markov and Bergeron made a great deal of difference though. Let's see if Wiz can bring the same kind of presence now.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 02:07 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

remember last year's PP when it was worse than this year's and we still finished top 2? by the end of the season, we always end up first because we've always made a move if we couldn't solve it with our own streits and sourays. (schneider, mab...) and now the wiz

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Jafar
Keep it logical

vCash: 50
Quote:
Pretty much the same core? The core was Markov and Bergeron.Where are they now?

Jafar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 03:52 PM
WeeBey

Oh wait, this isn't a thinly veiled "waah lets blow up the team because everyone suxxxx" thread? Sorry, my bad.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

sheldooooooooooooooooooooooon

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Quote:
Oh wait, this isn't a thinly veiled "waah lets blow up the team because everyone suxxxx" thread? Sorry, my bad.
Nothing to do with trading everyone or crapping on them, you said it's the same core and it isn't the same at all, without Bergeron last year we wouldn't have been that good and this year so far with no Markov and no replacement of Bergeron with that big shot we previously had with him, we aren't that dangerous. Nothing to do with what you're thinking, hopefully Wiz's big shot will turn things around the rest of the way

Habs 4 Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 05:14 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
There's nothing wrong with the Habs' PP; the reason you miss the PP is that you don't see it much.

For a team that carries the play at even strength, the Habs have a bizarre (and to me, inexplicable) inability to draw penalties. They have had among the fewest PPs in the league -- to go with the most PKs -- and this, despite the fact that they dominate possession and chances more often than not.

(Those people who believe in a ref conspiracy should look at these stats, they'd have a lot of ammunition.)
Wait, what? We don't carry the play. Also, we don't draw penalties because instead of going to the net with the puck, we allow the opposing D to push the play to the perimeter. Our top 2 lines don't really cycle that much and we don't really have much sustained pressure in the offensive zone.

This is why I like the Pouillot, Eller, Darche line....3 bigger guys who seem to do a good job of sustaining pressure.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 06:56 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post

Weren't you also the guy who said that Stamkos would only get about 35 goals, 60 goals being an absurd prediction, and that it was laughable to suggest that he has a higher shooting percentage than Ovechkin or Kovalchuk?

Stamkos is currently 1st in shooting %, btw.

GetThePuckOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

The PP is going to come back alive now that the Wiz is on it . Be is a better MAB that is WAY better on defense and has the shot we needed from MAB . Oh and he can play more minutes.

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote