2011 Import Draft

Old
12-29-2010, 02:38 PM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
HF's King

vCash: 500
2011 Import Draft

Who are some guys to look out for? Is it a deep draft? Which guys should Halifax target.

King Mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 12:54 PM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
HF's King

Anyone?

Old
12-30-2010, 01:51 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
The Import Draft is so hard to predict...My best bet is to follow the U-17 Challenge in terms of the European teams.

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Where's Abeltshauser or Frk going?

Also, it's hard to even project for the Import Draft as it really boils down to what players are willing to come to North America and what teams have a deal with what players.

Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 02:33 PM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
HF's King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes View Post
Where's Abeltshauser or Frk going?

Also, it's hard to even project for the Import Draft as it really boils down to what players are willing to come to North America and what teams have a deal with what players.
Frk? He plays for the Mooseheads. He got drafted this past draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSMANIAC View Post
The Import Draft is so hard to predict...My best bet is to follow the U-17 Challenge in terms of the European teams.
I guess that's true. Thanks.

Old
12-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Frk? He plays for the Mooseheads. He got drafted this past draft.
That was my point. Between Abeltshauser and Frk, Halifax's two Import spots are filled.
Konrad is only on his 18-year-old season. Next season, he'll be back in Halifax unless they trade him.

Old
12-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Scotianhab

I can't see Hailifax trading Konrad but you never know. I can see them trading their import pick to help the rebuild though.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 11:28 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
I can't see Hailifax trading Konrad but you never know. I can see them trading their import pick to help the rebuild though.

Ya, you're right. Gatineau traded Denis Kindl to Montréal at the draft to get Ralphy Lafontaine, a homer. Not that Kindl is a bad player, it just that when you trade a euro player, you have in return : picks or player + another euro you can draft.

Actually, for Kindl, Gatineau got Lafontaine (which is already steal imo) and the possibility to draft Igor Levitsky (he is better than Kindl at the same age imo).

For the import draft itself, I just have no idea of who'll be the top players this year. Usually, you can have some names with the NHL draft, but most of the time, it's all about teams' contact in the Europe...

MarcPiquesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 03:14 AM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
HF's King

Quote:
That was my point. Between Abeltshauser and Frk, Halifax's two Import spots are filled.
Konrad is only on his 18-year-old season. Next season, he'll be back in Halifax unless they trade him.
My bad man. I didn't know who the other guy was I haven't caught many games the past couple years

I guess I forgot about only having 2 spots. They could trade the pick. How much value do they have?

Old
12-31-2010, 06:22 AM
Bjindaho

If Halifax`s management has any ability, they will at least explore trading Abeltshauser. You will have a top 10 pick which could allow you to go after a Grigorenko type prospect (not saying he`s necessarily interested in NA) for your other Euro spot.

Abeltshauser looked like he was going to be really good, but he hasn`t improved this year. Using the pick on another top end forward may be a better use considering Halifax is good at recruiting.

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 08:46 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
Abeltshauser looked like he was going to be really good, but he hasn`t improved this year. Using the pick on another top end forward may be a better use considering Halifax is good at recruiting.
If Halifax opted to move Abeltshauser and pick up a different Import selection, they would be much better off getting another defenseman. Say what you will about Konrad, but moving him and not replacing his spot in the lineup just opens up another hole.

Old
12-31-2010, 09:14 AM
howitzermoose

Quote:
If Halifax opted to move Abeltshauser and pick up a different Import selection, they would be much better off getting another defenseman. Say what you will about Konrad, but moving him and not replacing his spot in the lineup just opens up another hole.

Yep agreed. If Cam could work on the defense now or at the Q draft they we could take a forward to help the offense. But if that doesn't happen then Halifax would need to grab a d-man in the Import Draft. If not it'd be the same as in 07-08 with Voracek and Marchand. Great forwards, but no defensemen to get them the puck.

howitzermoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 11:15 AM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
HF's King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonks View Post
Yep agreed. If Cam could work on the defense now or at the Q draft they we could take a forward to help the offense. But if that doesn't happen then Halifax would need to grab a d-man in the Import Draft. If not it'd be the same as in 07-08 with Voracek and Marchand. Great forwards, but no defensemen to get them the puck.
That teams offence was insane but ya, aside from Bodnarchuk, I wasn't big on our backend. What do you think of Terenzio? Think he'd be a great goalie going forward? I know he was just 1st star of the week but just wondering going forward. Looks like Hali might have a pretty solid team next year and the year after that. I just hope they can get the job done this time.

Old
01-01-2011, 10:38 PM
howitzermoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
That teams offence was insane but ya, aside from Bodnarchuk, I wasn't big on our backend. What do you think of Terenzio? Think he'd be a great goalie going forward? I know he was just 1st star of the week but just wondering going forward. Looks like Hali might have a pretty solid team next year and the year after that. I just hope they can get the job done this time.
Terenzio has surprised a lot of people. The kid just battles in net. Never gives up on a play. He's got to settle his technique down, as he sometimes has to make additional, often tough saves, because he's a bit too erratic. But he's quick and athletic and has shown more potential then I think most Moose fans expected. Is he our guy going forward? Bit too early to tell, but I think he'll get a chance to really proof himself in the 2nd half of the season as I think you'll see him get the bulk of the playing time ahead of Mathieu Corbeil.

howitzermoose is offline   Reply With Quote