HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

3 Goals, 5 Assists

Old
12-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
3 Goals, 5 Assists

That is what AA needs to equal his production from a full 82 games last year.

This kid is having such an underrated season. Playing rock solid defensive hockey and putting up some strong numbers for a sophomore.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I predicted a breakout season for AA (Pats self on back)

He still needs to find some confidence, and work on his conditioning. His speed and involvement in the play has been better this year, but his stickhandling seems to have taken a minor step back in the process.

Still think he can become a 25-30-55 two way player, 40 points would be very solid production from him this year.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 03:29 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Agree...

I think his real worth is in his defensive game honestly, because you can trust him out there with top minutes, he's skilled enough on the offensive side of the puck. If you really watch him the entire game, you notice his positioning, awareness and routes to the puck defensively are second to none, and you're right - it flies under the radar. A few games earlier in the year i was really impressed with a few games were he basically could have played as a defenseman. Thats extremely important in this system when you have defenseman leaving their position to force the opponent in all zones.

The thing about AA is that last year he would make moves and get knocked off the puck. Earlier this year and even sometimes now hes a hair off on his moves or using the defender as a screen - but weve seen him launch a few shots for goals when doing that as well as undressing several opposing defenders. I expect this part of his game to improve over the next few years, and as long as hes getting himself into those positions to shoot- which he has over the course of his whole career - I see his goal total climbing upwards as a result.

I'll give a little credit to Tortorella with him as well... hes got him playing a gritty game down low. The other night up by 4 goals he threw away 3 Islanders en route to the puck. Hes got really good size and the intelligence to use it. When he's on the puck and relentless hes a driving force on any line. He's quietly having himself a year and is on pace for about 20 goals and 45-50 points.

We've both been big supporters of AA.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 12-29-2010 at 03:35 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 04:28 PM
The Mouth

He's my favorite player. He's a good soldier. I think he will get better each year hopefully with more playing time. He's gotta fill out and realize how big he is, but that will come.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 04:44 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
What I'm excited for is his next season. I'm expecting huge things in 2011/12.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 04:50 PM
23isforDeBlois
you cant OD on it

i dig anisimov, like dubi hes improved every year. only worry is the big hit he hasnt been able to avoid. love the ani dubi cally line and how they all bring the physicality out of each other.

23isforDeBlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 05:19 PM
eco's bones

It's great that Artem is contributing as he is but what helps a young guy like him is that we have 14 guys who have 14 or more points this year in less than half of a season. That's 14 guys who are averaging out at 30 or more points this year and it takes pressure off guys like Artie, Stepan and MDZ. They're contributing but the onus isn't on them. The balanced attack spreads it throughout the lineup. AA is going to be a good one though but I think Stepan is more likely to be a first line center.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 06:05 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23isforDeBlois View Post
i dig anisimov, like dubi hes improved every year. only worry is the big hit he hasnt been able to avoid. love the ani dubi cally line and how they all bring the physicality out of each other.
He got hit a couple times with his head down as a rookie. Clearly he has learned from his rookie mistakes. Lets not make it like he has gotten hit hard at all this year.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
we all kinda knew he was going to get better. this is not really a surprise to me.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 06:36 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

When he skates, he plays very good. When he is gliding out there, he isn't playing up to the level he can. Once he skates hard 82 games, he'll put up 60pts a season.

mrjimmyg89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
When he skates, he plays very good. When he is gliding out there, he isn't playing up to the level he can. Once he skates hard 82 games, he'll put up 60pts a season.
Spot on. Also, as is the problem with most players when they're struggling: Less thinking, more reacting. I see more hesitation in Arty's game than I did in the first 10-15 games of the season when the pack line was flying. He needs to relax and just attack and react.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 07:00 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Agree...

I think his real worth is in his defensive game honestly, because you can trust him out there with top minutes, he's skilled enough on the offensive side of the puck. If you really watch him the entire game, you notice his positioning, awareness and routes to the puck defensively are second to none, and you're right - it flies under the radar. A few games earlier in the year i was really impressed with a few games were he basically could have played as a defenseman. Thats extremely important in this system when you have defenseman leaving their position to force the opponent in all zones.

The thing about AA is that last year he would make moves and get knocked off the puck. Earlier this year and even sometimes now hes a hair off on his moves or using the defender as a screen - but weve seen him launch a few shots for goals when doing that as well as undressing several opposing defenders. I expect this part of his game to improve over the next few years, and as long as hes getting himself into those positions to shoot- which he has over the course of his whole career - I see his goal total climbing upwards as a result.

I'll give a little credit to Tortorella with him as well... hes got him playing a gritty game down low. The other night up by 4 goals he threw away 3 Islanders en route to the puck. Hes got really good size and the intelligence to use it. When he's on the puck and relentless hes a driving force on any line. He's quietly having himself a year and is on pace for about 20 goals and 45-50 points.

We've both been big supporters of AA.
I third fourth or fifth that motion (Not sure didn't read through the thread) Only thing is I don't think he's being udnerrated at all. maybe league wide? But certainly not around here. i've been seeing nothing but respect which is why many think he's good enough to net a Brad Richards. Don't wanna trade em myself but it says a lot people think he's what is needed to get an elite player of B.R's caliber

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

It's a nice improvement, but it's not a breakthrough season. He's on pace for 44 points, which is nice, but nothing special. If he can increase his point total another 16 points next year (28 to 44 to 60), then we are talking.

P.S. I love how Grachev and the Hartford coaching staff were trashing Anisimov last year, and now Anisimov seems like he'll be a second liner, while Grachev is getting increasingly further from the NHL.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Nich

Well I will take 40 pts for a 2nd year player any day, but I easily could see 60 from him in the future. Love his game, and I would say one of the best defensive forwards we have.

And when did they trash Ani?

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 09:10 PM
MaximusT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
P.S. I love how Grachev and the Hartford coaching staff were trashing Anisimov last year,
where did you hear/read this? I would love to get a look at this

MaximusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

make that 3 goals and 4 assists. i love how hes out there to close out the game in a 1 goal game. supreme trust in his defensive awareness. a 20something year old...gotta love it.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 10:13 PM
CM PUNK

you gotta love the fact that our kids like dubinsky and anisimov have gotten better year after year

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Anisimov needs two things:

Body mass/strength.
Faceoff skill.

He lacks those. He's young.

When he acquires them, he'll be a supreme second line force.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Anisimov needs two things:

Body mass/strength.
Faceoff skill.

He lacks those. He's young.

When he acquires them, he'll be a supreme second line force.
Rod Brind'Amour without the snarl? Both are defensively responsible, somewhat slow skaters, shrewd playmakers, having good hockey sense.

Then again, before I put myself in trouble, Brind'Amour had superb numbers offensively and has always been consistent in his effort. Doubt Anisimov will replicate that.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 12:15 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
He's been overshadowed by Stepan, it's a shame.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 12:35 AM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
He's been overshadowed by Stepan, it's a shame.
On the contrary, I think it's great to have not one promising young center, but 2! The fact that Stepan is outscoring and outplaying Anisimov could be due to several reasons. Such as different learning curves, confidence, different skill sets. I'm grateful that Anisimov is improving and grateful that Stepan has started off his NHL career with a bigger bang. As long as both players continue to develop, we have some exciting future ahead of us. Perhaps not as flashy as the Flyers or Pens, but not far behind those two.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 12:44 AM
ColonialsHockey10

His offensive potential is being severely underrated in this thread. He's no longer a talented AHL player, he's a talented NHL player aiming for over 40 points in his 2nd NHL season. His stickhandling, shot and defensive awareness are already top notch, while his speed and strength are improving tremendously. If he puts it together he can be a 70-80 point player.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:31 AM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13 View Post
On the contrary, I think it's great to have not one promising young center, but 2! The fact that Stepan is outscoring and outplaying Anisimov could be due to several reasons. Such as different learning curves, confidence, different skill sets. I'm grateful that Anisimov is improving and grateful that Stepan has started off his NHL career with a bigger bang. As long as both players continue to develop, we have some exciting future ahead of us. Perhaps not as flashy as the Flyers or Pens, but not far behind those two.
We might have to amend this statement if Boyle continues his fine play. As a Rangers fan like you, I have concentrated mainly on AA & Step's progress and promise. But if Boyle keeps contributing like this,... it will be hard to leave him out of this discussion and the future of this team up the middle.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:50 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
We might have to amend this statement if Boyle continues his fine play. As a Rangers fan like you, I have concentrated mainly on AA & Step's progress and promise. But if Boyle keeps contributing like this,... it will be hard to leave him out of this discussion and the future of this team up the middle.
I still think Boyle is a winger long term. Actually, as long as Callahan is out, I don't think putting Dubinsky-Anisimov-Boyle together is a bad idea. Big line full of hard workers, they would cause a lot of matchup problems.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 01:50 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Artie's progressed nicely this year. He's been a lot more physical the last few games as well. 40+ points for a second year player in his early 20s is excellent. It's better to have guys improve a little each year than to have one monster season and never repeat that.

As for Stepan scoring more than Anisimov it's quite simple; Stepan has been getting regular PP shifts on the first unit while Anisimov seems to be on the 2nd or sometimes 3rd unit. I'd like to see him get a consistent PP shift. But that's not a big deal, as it's a very good thing that the team we root for has two young excellent centers.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote